Author Topic: What media do you rely on to stay up to date on skate news?  (Read 1134 times)

tigerjaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
  • Thank you
I feel like half the time some shit will go down in the community and I'll have no clue until I hear someone talking about it at the park. Obviously there's Thrasher and shit, but do you have any more specific outlets that you stay tuned to to make sure you're not missing anything juicy?

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
Re: What media do you rely on to stay up to date on skate news?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 07:26:32 AM »
I just came across this one https://youtu.be/Dxp6OmA1Wgc

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 08:18:06 AM »
SLAP. I also check out Thrashers website from time to time.

tigerjaw

• Rep: -2
  • Thank you
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 08:36:31 AM »

Love this dude, he's going places.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 08:49:44 AM »
Sooner or later everything ends up on slap. Mostly sooner. So slap.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 10:05:42 AM »
Skateline NBD, quarter snacks weekly countdown, the nine club experience and I'm assuming you mean other than this message board

Bozo Dubbed Over

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 12:27:33 PM »

Was watching this guys Twitch stream yesterday. Great skate commentary that I haven't seen done this well before.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2021, 04:15:33 AM »
He’s kinda like if you took all of slap and mixed it all up into a bowl and amalgamated it into one human.  That being said, I like him.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 04:44:04 AM »
I like message boards, so Slap. I watch Skateline but mostly for the clips. Will check that stream.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 06:26:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was watching this guys Twitch stream yesterday. Great skate commentary that I haven't seen done this well before.

Holy shit, this guy is like idubbz hit skateboarding. Pretty fucking great actually

not that anonymous

• Rep: -14
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 09:10:27 AM »
I only care about local skate news, to check for events and to support the local skate scene, including, skate shops old and new, skate parks, local skate mags, and my video skate entertainment comes mostly from 90s and early 2000s street tech skateboarding, so 411VM, skate archive, etc...  The skate world is not holly wood as much as they would like to make it. We don't skate for fame, we don't care about the famous, we pay respects to the greats, the pioneers , the innovators but the fame part of skateboarding is the poser part of skateboarding, the dependent business man side, depending on exploitation, I want to see you skate, not preach low chakra nonsense and show off your jewelry fame is nothing but an illusion so get down to earth, this is why before is considered to be the golden years of skateboarding. We had the right sizes, the right skate shoes and the right idea, by skateboarders for skateboarders, remember that on?  P-Rod, Koston and Nyjah didn't make me buy Nike and no one else ever will either.  Sponsor yourself, cause all sponsors really want is someone already famous for selling mostly apparel (is that the skate industry or an invasion of the fashion industry?), that is just the exploitation side of skateboarding, defend raw skateboarding and our needed high quality equipment, its up to us to take control and build our own cartel with a blacklist that doesn't have a double standard.  :-X     :-*  If you like Nike, an OG skater into raw skateboarding, skateboarding since the 90s says you are a poser regardless of skill level.  I don't skate shoes at department stores, any skate shop owner can explain to you how hard the Nike invasion has been on skate shops.  In the USA we have free speech so don't be a commie douchebag, we keeping it very real.  We make money but not by butchering skateboarding, sorry.   

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2021, 01:03:36 PM »
I only care about local skate news, to check for events and to support the local skate scene, including, skate shops old and new, skate parks, local skate mags, and my video skate entertainment comes mostly from 90s and early 2000s street tech skateboarding, so 411VM, skate archive, etc...  The skate world is not holly wood as much as they would like to make it. We don't skate for fame, we don't care about the famous, we pay respects to the greats, the pioneers , the innovators but the fame part of skateboarding is the poser part of skateboarding, the dependent business man side, depending on exploitation, I want to see you skate, not preach low chakra nonsense and show off your jewelry fame is nothing but an illusion so get down to earth, this is why before is considered to be the golden years of skateboarding. We had the right sizes, the right skate shoes and the right idea, by skateboarders for skateboarders, remember that on?  P-Rod, Koston and Nyjah didn't make me buy Nike and no one else ever will either.  Sponsor yourself, cause all sponsors really want is someone already famous for selling mostly apparel (is that the skate industry or an invasion of the fashion industry?), that is just the exploitation side of skateboarding, defend raw skateboarding and our needed high quality equipment, its up to us to take control and build our own cartel with a blacklist that doesn't have a double standard.  :-X     :-*  If you like Nike, an OG skater into raw skateboarding, skateboarding since the 90s says you are a poser regardless of skill level.  I don't skate shoes at department stores, any skate shop owner can explain to you how hard the Nike invasion has been on skate shops.  In the USA we have free speech so don't be a commie douchebag, we keeping it very real.  We make money but not by butchering skateboarding, sorry.

If more people had listened to the commies there wouldn’t have been a Nike invasion.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2021, 06:19:19 AM »
Instagram

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2021, 08:43:32 AM »

+ 1 for gifted hater, not only cause i share some of his likes/dislikes in skating

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2021, 07:28:47 PM »
skate street, hang out before during after sessions, get your chat on. talking to other people who are out there is a way better metric of what's up than staring at a lightbulb.

also go to the theoriesofatlantis media section and order the newest edition of all the mags, it'll be less than 20 bucks. Read through all the mags and you'll be better informed than most.

GGK42069

• Rep: 4
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2021, 01:28:13 PM »
IG, Jenkem, SLAP, and physical copies of Thrasher, I hate the website usually. I've usually already seen 90% of the stuff on Skateline on insta but I'll watch occasionally for a recap.

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2021, 05:59:09 AM »
skate street, hang out before during after sessions, get your chat on. talking to other people who are out there is a way better metric of what's up than staring at a lightbulb.

also go to the theoriesofatlantis media section and order the newest edition of all the mags, it'll be less than 20 bucks. Read through all the mags and you'll be better informed than most.

Holy shit that media section is actually awesome. I’m always interested in the small random mags out there but subscriptions usually seem too expensive
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:38:15 PM by opesorry »