Author Topic: MITCH ROBERTOM – SLAM x EMERICA  (Read 1472 times)

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
MITCH ROBERTOM – SLAM x EMERICA
« on: July 08, 2021, 04:32:34 AM »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

rejectpaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
Re: MITCH ROBERTOM – SLAM x EMERICA
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 04:45:17 AM »
Dudes good! Love a good switch shuv!
Sw bigspin then bigspin down the set was nice!
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

moeerck

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 05:31:51 AM »
is this the straya jon dickson?

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 05:46:53 AM »
come on emerica what are you doing you already sponsor the superior version of this guy, just buy him a plane ticket to AU

this guy is obviously good but the way it's presented he can't exist on his own merits -- chops, dangling keys, generic classic rock, emerica, etc.

also weird that the thumbnail is not in the video.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 06:19:46 AM »
come on emerica what are you doing you already sponsor the superior version of this guy, just buy him a plane ticket to AU

this guy is obviously good but the way it's presented he can't exist on his own merits -- chops, dangling keys, generic classic rock, emerica, etc.

Holy shit, you guys weren't kidding. Jon Dixon lite.

Also, the thumbnail trick IS in the video.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 07:02:49 AM »
Well that was underwhelming Emerica. So this hesher gets the hook up and not Dixon after he put out one of the most Emerica'n parts I've seen in years?

Sole tech's kinda been kooking it up lately; the catalogue for Emerica's up-coming shoe releases looks especially weak. Maybe it's due to financial issues but the folks in charge there can't seem to trip over a good decision these days.

vflip_bodyvarial

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 05:00:17 AM »
Well that was underwhelming Emerica. So this hesher gets the hook up and not Dixon after he put out one of the most Emerica'n parts I've seen in years?

Sole tech's kinda been kooking it up lately; the catalogue for Emerica's up-coming shoe releases looks especially weak. Maybe it's due to financial issues but the folks in charge there can't seem to trip over a good decision these days.

dude.. Mitch is just on the Australian emerica team. relax

jwdharris

• Rep: -4
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 07:38:22 AM »
The filming and editing is pretty budget, too.

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 08:47:04 AM »
value brand jon dickson  :-\

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 08:48:14 AM »

the thumbnail wasn't the make. The make was way less blunted. value brand.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2021, 09:47:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's good for him, I don't mean to insult his skating, but it is simply ok. The vid has less then 800 views, hope the song  credit was free, can't imagine the ROI here if it wasn't.

What I meant is cumulatively I don't get what sole tech's trying to do lately, especially with their teams. Like higher profile dude's, that might not be slap favorites but get tons of clicks and follows, are wearing shoes from each of their "companies" but they seemingly haven't made any moves to get them on teams.

Seems &&'s been wearing Etnies exclusively lately, dude's not my cup of tea per say but the dude sells decks and young folks love him. Seems like he'd help a ton with brand visibility and most likely sales.

TJ Rogers has been skating in Es's for a few years now but from all accounts he's not on, though they added some guy named Schmitty and bought back Penny. Penny's a legend sure, but realistically the dude's not contributing anything other than a name at this point. Seems like they should have timed that move with a shoe re-release or at least a Penny colorway too, to capitalize on the announcement.

Clive Dixon has been skating Emerica's for over a year now though publicly it doesn't seem there's much of a connection there either. You can hate on his style or music choices but the guys going hard right now, wether you like him or not you're probably going to watch a new part of his just to see what kinda fucked up shit he'll do next. Views of his parts on YouTube are ridiculous, uncommonly high. Of all modern skaters frankly he fits Emerica's vibe about as good as one possibly can and their teams getting old, dude should been on by now.

And yeah, the upcoming catalogue looks pretty meh, bright orange spanky's, scant cupsole selection, I'll pass. I'm sure Covid messed these smaller companies up even more then the big guys but I still wouldn't mind to hear some reasoning behind their recent team moves.

To end on a positive, the kid in the last Toy vid who was skating Emerica's was dope so props on that, definitely worth keeping an eye on.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2021, 12:33:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That's good for him, I don't mean to insult his skating, but it is simply ok. The vid has less then 800 views, hope the song  credit was free, can't imagine the ROI here if it wasn't.

What I meant is cumulatively I don't get what sole tech's trying to do lately, especially with their teams. Like higher profile dude's, that might not be slap favorites but get tons of clicks and follows, are wearing shoes from each of their "companies" but they seemingly haven't made any moves to get them on teams.

Seems &&'s been wearing Etnies exclusively lately, dude's not my cup of tea per say but the dude sells decks and young folks love him. Seems like he'd help a ton with brand visibility and most likely sales.

TJ Rogers has been skating in Es's for a few years now but from all accounts he's not on, though they added some guy named Schmitty and bought back Penny. Penny's a legend sure, but realistically the dude's not contributing anything other than a name at this point. Seems like they should have timed that move with a shoe re-release or at least a Penny colorway too, to capitalize on the announcement.

Clive Dixon has been skating Emerica's for over a year now though publicly it doesn't seem there's much of a connection there either. You can hate on his style or music choices but the guys going hard right now, wether you like him or not you're probably going to watch a new part of his just to see what kinda fucked up shit he'll do next. Views of his parts on YouTube are ridiculous, uncommonly high. Of all modern skaters frankly he fits Emerica's vibe about as good as one possibly can and their teams getting old, dude should been on by now.

And yeah, the upcoming catalogue looks pretty meh, bright orange spanky's, scant cupsole selection, I'll pass. I'm sure Covid messed these smaller companies up even more then the big guys but I still wouldn't mind to hear some reasoning behind their recent team moves.

To end on a positive, the kid in the last Toy vid who was skating Emerica's was dope so props on that, definitely worth keeping an eye on.
Feel free to shoot me a DM if you wanna shoot the shit and chat.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 12:09:29 PM »
On a rewatch it is uncanny. Dude definitely looked at Jon Dickson, thought "wow, I wanna look like a No Country for Old Men extra," and while he was at it copied Dickson's style and trick selection lmao. Reminds me of that Arne Stein kid from back in the day who was a Dylan clone.

I remember reading that Jon Dickson actually grew up on a farm and his parents look like they would have a Trump 2024 flag flying on their property, so his working man schtick kinda makes sense?

Is the "suburban cowboy" thing in the description a subtle diss? Haha

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2021, 01:05:19 PM »
love that feeling when you run back up the double set immediately after you land your trick to go give your bro a good long hug.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 04:34:52 PM »
The dude was one pair of overalls away from

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2021, 04:41:08 PM »
I just read a interview with this guy and apparently he is 29(!) and pro for Jake Duncombes company (?). 10 years too old to be doing the cosplay I'd have thought.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2021, 06:17:38 PM »
A tragic
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2021, 07:25:07 PM »
At least he's been original about whose style he's biting. First Jon Dickson clone I've seen

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2021, 07:27:18 PM »
At least he's been original about whose style he's biting. First Jon Dickson clone I've seen
Rarely imitated, not ever duplicated

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2021, 07:31:32 PM »

spend an hour in long beach or san diego