Author Topic: Mt Shasta area  (Read 531 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Mt Shasta area
« on: July 21, 2021, 02:57:41 PM »
Here for a week and its hot as balls but what's good up here as far as skating goes? Good lookin out homies
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Frank and Fred

Re: Mt Shasta area
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 05:56:54 PM »
Lots of good skate parks along the I5 corridor near the CA/ OR border. Shasta and Weed are super fun but I'm sure you're already knew that.  Gold Hill is one of my favorites. There's a crazy looking DIY project under a bridge somewhere between Gold Hill and Medford, I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EwK1o2U1BM

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 09:49:51 PM »
Lots of good skate parks along the I5 corridor near the CA/ OR border. Shasta and Weed are super fun but I'm sure you're already knew that.  Gold Hill is one of my favorites. There's a crazy looking DIY project under a bridge somewhere between Gold Hill and Medford, I believe.

Hell ya. That diy looks wicked sick.

I haven't skate either Shasta or weed yet thinking I'm going to get there tmrw, bright and early. I'm staying at some friends home in dunsmuir and reckon I'll stay fairly close. I might go home via 5 to medford to 199 thru grants pass and all that, hit those parks on the way

ALSO, do u know if there are lights at those parks? Didn't get up this AM and am contemplating tonight
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 12:35:43 PM by IusedToSkateMore »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 08:41:11 PM »
I don't recall seeing lights at either Shasta or Weed. Aside from the skateboarding, I love the scenery in that area. Dunsmuir seems like it would be a great place to spend a week roaming the outdoors.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 11:53:53 PM »
I don't recall seeing lights at either Shasta or Weed. Aside from the skateboarding, I love the scenery in that area. Dunsmuir seems like it would be a great place to spend a week roaming the outdoors.

Oh ya, dunsmuir has been great so far. Got a big house to myself and a tube tied to a tree by the river. Sheer delight!

Went to shasta park today and man, it was hot as heck. I'm also no longer acclimated to thinner mountain air. Might wake up early and go again tomorrow. Who knows hahaha either way, that bowl section flows really nicely and maybe with some stretching and rest I'll be able to rip it up a little more

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 11:00:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I haven't skate either Shasta or weed yet thinking I'm going to get there tmrw, bright and early. I'm staying at some friends home in dunsmuir and reckon I'll stay fairly close. I might go home via 5 to medford to 199 thru grants pass and all that, hit those parks on the way

ALSO, do u know if there are lights at those parks? Didn't get up this AM and am contemplating tonight
Skated the Grants Pass park the other day, it says its open from dawn till dusk.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 11:25:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Skated the Grants Pass park the other day, it says its open from dawn till dusk.

I've skate GP a couple times. That deeper bowl section is some tight transition, of at least it had felt that way after a 4 hr drive ha ha ha

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 12:18:15 PM »

Do you have any indications on how to get there?

Ray C. Usery

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 162
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2021, 07:05:01 PM »

MavisMueller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 01:06:13 AM »
It's been a while since we did a road trip across western US (April/May this year). On our journey we came across the Shasta Trinity National Forest as we've been heading back to the west coast.

Literally in the middle of nowhere, I asked my boyfriend to stop along the highway, as I needed to go for a little pee in the woods. I jumped out the car and searched for a place where I could do what needed to be done. Meanwhile my boyfriend was waiting inside the car leaving the windows open. As I was so concentrated on not peeing on my shoes, I didn't really notice something around me and went back about 3min later.

Target Pay and Benefits
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 12:57:03 AM by MavisMueller »