Author Topic: Bam "Burberry" Margiela called out for using Alice Glass' face to sell his shirt  (Read 13236 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130

mj23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
kid def sucks but tbh i always assumed he was part of the whole 10c41 skating-in-designer-clothes-with-liberty-spikes scene, which many people on this board are totally into.

...i guess the 10c41 kids actually land massive hammers tho, so that's a pretty important difference

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
plot twist:

They are actually dating and this entire thing was a marketing ploy by both Alice and Burberry fuck head.

she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
Literally every fucking design is just a bands album cover, lame as fuck.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 59
And now here I am, in my 30s (as already divined) and I’m listening to Crystal Castles. And im okay with it.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Wait so she just happened to be the generic backdrop of the post that was showcasing the shirt and she got pished? If that’s the case, allow me to redact every band/show flyer I’ve ever made cause they all feature celebs in the background doing weird shit.

Not to mention the many examples in skateboard history of straight up plagiarism from skate companies to use on their decks and soft goods and actually making money off it instead of using for advertising.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
Wait so she just happened to be the generic backdrop of the post that was showcasing the shirt and she got pished? If that’s the case, allow me to redact every band/show flyer I’ve ever made cause they all feature celebs in the background doing weird shit.

Idk, you'd probably be pretty annoyed if this douche put your face in his ads. Also, I think there's a major difference between using photos to promote a show where the live act is the commodity versus using it to sell overpriced clothing to tweens online. Did your flyers get millions of views? No, I don't think so. Did the celebs ask you to take your little posters down and you got defensive about it? No, again, I didn't think so.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
Expand Quote
[close]

Not to mention the many examples in skateboard history of straight up plagiarism from skate companies to use on their decks and soft goods and actually making money off it instead of using for advertising.

She's not a skater, what does that have to do with her whatsoever? It's her likeness and she asked him to stop and instead of just stopping he got defensive and tried to act like a tough guy. It could've been nothing if he just said 'ok' and changed the post to literally any other picture, instead he tried to spin it for clout.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
i didn’t know who was is so i looked his instagram up and now i’m ashamed to be a skateboarder in 2021. this shit is so fucking weak

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
Crystal Castles still goes hard in 2021. Best shows I ever went to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx2lJIOTBjs

don't forget the dude in crystal castles abused the hell out of the girl.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jun/15/alice-glass-on-leaving-crystal-castles-the-cruelty-never-ceases-to-amaze-me

This, though

Expand Quote
[close]

Idk, you'd probably be pretty annoyed if this douche put your face in his ads. Also, I think there's a major difference between using photos to promote a show where the live act is the commodity versus using it to sell overpriced clothing to tweens online.

On that kid's site, he's blatantly looping a CC video and track. Everyone plagiarizes shit, but at least have the common decency to accept the backlash when you get caught. Dude is out here man child pouting and antagonizing because he got called out, dishing out the mean girl equivalent of "ur life sucks and i'm popular so i do what i want lolz" in response. And that's before you get into the fact that his aesthetic is JP from Grandma's Boy + LA fuckboy fusion. You could understand why people would be bummed on being associated with him at any level.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Klazons had one or two good songs.
[close]

Golden Skans is still a jam.
I'm also around thirty
[close]

Remember Golden Skans? This is Golden Skans now, feel old yet?

https://youtu.be/KrUNoblA4cE

Yes i feel very old

bootscootboogy

• Rep: 3
I think she’s a little off with the “men take whatever they want” , this ain’t no man honey.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
First i thought we‘re talking bam margera assuming margiela was some kinda slap name for him like spanly or rickk.

Then i googled this shit.

Now  i know that travis barker from blink 182 skates and is in battle at the berrics playing that kid from the movie.
[close]

I'm not even a fan of Blink, but comparing Travis to this creature is highly offensive, he's a nice down to earth dude.

I think he actually skated when he was younger.

ps: pardom the grammar.

Yeah but c‘mon

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
What was the brand that hung cease and desist notices on their office wall?

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

She's not a skater, what does that have to do with her whatsoever? It's her likeness and she asked him to stop and instead of just stopping he got defensive and tried to act like a tough guy. It could've been nothing if he just said 'ok' and changed the post to literally any other picture, instead he tried to spin it for clout.

Fair points all around
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
Ok who gives a fuck. Burberry is trolling at this point. Alice us overreacting and people use images like this all the time. The fuckin kids in la who are buying this t shirt don’t even know who she is So to them it’s just a background image.
big texas cummer

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
Ok who gives a fuck. Burberry is trolling at this point. Alice us overreacting and people use images like this all the time. The fuckin kids in la who are buying this t shirt don’t even know who she is So to them it’s just a background image.

would you want someone to use your face on an ad and not give you a single dime of the revenue they made off the product that you kinda helped advertise?

You're gonna say "I dont give a fuck", but the world doesnt share the same opinion as you kid.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
haha "do you wanna go on a date" was clearly trolling the fuck out of Alice. People on here acting like he was seriously asking her out. I dont know who these people are but this could all be fixed with one of those heart eyed cat emojis place over her head

LonleySk8er15

You got a person that utters the word "Bruv" not realizing that they too are a fuucboi.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
[close]
haha "do you wanna go on a date" was clearly trolling the fuck out of Alice. People on here acting like he was seriously asking her out. I dont know who these people are but this could all be fixed with one of those heart eyed cat emojis place over her head

Damn what a good troll, looking like a total fucking loser. I can't wait to tell all the girls who said no when i asked them to the prom in high school that i was actually trolling them and they're the real losers not me

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 59
Expand Quote
[close]

No, your read of the situation is fucking terrible.
It’s obvious to anyone with fingers what he’s doing with his idiotic attempts to cool-boi her.

And anyone saying “get over it”, get over yourselves. It is perfectly reasonable to not want pictures of your actual face to be used and associated with something or someone you do not want to be associated with. Doubly so when you’ve already told that person not to do so.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It’s obvious to anyone with fingers what he’s doing with his idiotic attempts to cool-boi her.

And anyone saying “get over it”, get over yourselves. It is perfectly reasonable to not want pictures of your actual face to be used and associated with something or someone you do not want to be associated with. Doubly so when you’ve already told that person not to do so.
he does actually really remind me of the “pickup artist” mystery

LonleySk8er15

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

trying get a better read on situation here, can you please explain to me the difference between trolling and cool-boiing.

who said get over it. Im suggesting covering her face with an emoji, the cat one with heart eyes.

im not doubting any reasons but how did she already tell him not to do so? Did she read his mind and tell him before he even made the flyer? or did she tell him to remove her likeness from the image after it was already made and posted?

mushroom slice

JohnnyBoy

• Rep: 7
    • Fat Skater avatar image
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQzi4lRJkI8/?hl=en

Holy kook. The slowmo switch front 3 on flat at the berrics is peak cringe.

Somebody sue this legend already

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I don’t give a fuck about really any of this but it occurred to me I would like to watch a video of this kid attempting to take a girl on a date. Where would they go? How many times would he have to adjust his gooey hair ? Can he form sentences? @jenkemmag I’ll invoice you when it comes out
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated

She's not a skater

Irrelevant to the issue at hand

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
Expand Quote

[close]