Author Topic: Mike Sinclair  (Read 9023 times)

UndesiredUsername

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Mike Sinclair
« on: July 24, 2021, 03:14:55 PM »
Anyone have any insight as to how this portly fella came to be a somewhat powerful figure in the industry? Just seems so odd to me.

SharkJohnson

• Rep: -92
  • i am a shark penis
  • User is banned from postingMuted
Re: Mike Sinclair
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 09:44:46 PM »
hes the cocaine plug

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 09:48:44 PM »
Anyone have any insight as to how this portly fella came to be a somewhat powerful figure in the industry? Just seems so odd to me.
Rode a skateboard as a professional for a number of years, but mostly his qualifications are based on his extensive knowledge of candy & confections, as well as a Madden like fear of flying, so he’s always down to drive the van.
The “Big Pink” seems like a natural fit, don’tcha think?

I acknowledge I may have answered incorrectly, & that a more acceptable/correct response would have been “Google it, fuccboi!” but for all I know you mailed this question into SLAP because there’s no internet where you live.
You’re not the same user that asked about whether Alien Workshop are still around, am you?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Sleezus Yikes

• Rep: 67
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 09:49:53 PM »
He was mentored by Larry Perkins
there is the soul of Andrew Reynolds in every emerica shoe. you just have to pull on the right shoe lace and hold your ear into it. you can hear his voice saying "thank you cowboy! lets go for a ride!" just try it.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 09:53:05 PM »
because he's been down longer than you've probably been alive

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 10:02:14 PM »
Question 6: Is Ben Gore off Dekline?

Slap Pals, it saddens me that recently I have had to let Ben Gore go from the Dekline team. Did he get kicked off? Well... not really but yeah he's off the team. I'll break it down the best I can for you all to digest and pick apart. Did I kick Ben off for him switching from Stereo to Magenta? No, I told Ben I would support his switch no matter what brand he ended up on. Did I say that I would like him to stick it out and stay with Stereo instead of going to to Magenta? Yes and this is the reason why. I like Stereo, I always have and probably always will. Stereo has a ton of history, it's a true skateboard company (not that Magenta is not) and it's owned by one of my all time favorite skateboarders Jason Lee. Do I dislike Magenta? No, not at all what so ever. In my opinion it's a safer bet to stick with a company that's been around for two decades when you are a new Pro. Small companies start up everyday and if you ride for a new company and they go under in 6 months, it's really tough to get picked up again as a Pro somewhere else. At the next trade show in two weeks there will be 3-5 new brands, does anyone think all of them will make it? I hope they all do but most likely not all of them will. Do I hope Magenta makes it? Fuck yes I hope they make it! Do I think Magenta will only last 6 months? No I think they will make it happen no matter what, that's what skater owned brands do, they always make it work. So back to Ben, have you seen his nollie flips? They are a thing of beauty.. His skating is so rad to me. I personally picked him for Dekline about four years ago and I gave him more ads than any of his sponsors during his time on Dekline. Ben wore the shoes and really like the shoes we make, we discussed a colorway for him and I back him and his skating 110%. So why is he off? Reason 1: Ben rides for MIA Skateshop and they do not carry Dekline. This is not to bad mouth or to point the finger at MIA at all, they sell what works for them and what the people are influenced by in their area. I personally know the owners of MIA but I would never ask them to carry something that does not work for them, plus I'm not in sales. Ben lives in SF but does not ride for a shop in SF. I don't even think we have a Dekline account in SF to tell you the truth. All of the other current team riders ride for shops that really get behind Dekline and that is honestly what we need to survive. We are a really small brand and every sell we get really makes a difference for us, Dekline paid Ben every month for the past 4 years and promoted him to the fullest yet we can't influence any shop he is down with to carry our product... This is not Ben's fault, this is not MIA's fault, this is not Dekline's fault, this just sucks plain and simple....So what do we do? We have to move on, we have to support the guys who support us. Do any of the guys on this forum asking about Ben and why he's off Dekline have a pair of Dekline's on? I would be super hyped if you did. If you do PM me and I'll send you a new pair if you really have a current pair of Dekline's that you skate in and you back Ben Gore or back Dekline in general. This is the shitty part of being a TM, the team always changes and this change was not performance based. It just comes down to brand and rider support. We supported Ben to the fullest but got no support back. I flow a kid in NYC and he won a gift card from a local contest last week, he told me he went to the shop and bought two pairs of Dekline's even though he gets whatever he wants for free from me anytime. I thought that was the coolest thing the kid could of done for us. That's real support! That's the love we need to make this small skateboarding shoe company work. Ben, we love you and I know you will find a good place my friend. I told Ben I would keep his name on our team list until he finds something that works for him. If any TM's are thinking of putting Ben on their team you should, he's mellow to hang with, he's a fucking ripper and has style for days. Ben, thank you for being a part of Dekline these past four years! I can't tell you how much I would like for you to still be on this tiny little skateboard team. Mike Sinclair

Remember this guy works for Nike SB now.

Mother Goose.

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 10:02:32 PM »
Remember when he lost a lot of weight made a sick clip and regained all that weight

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 10:44:49 PM »
Has he learned how to use the return button is what I want to know.......

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 10
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 11:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote

Slap Pals, it saddens me that recently I have had to let Ben Gore go from the Dekline team. Did he get kicked off? Well... not really but yeah he's off the team. I'll break it down the best I can for you all to digest and pick apart. Did I kick Ben off for him switching from Stereo to Magenta? No, I told Ben I would support his switch no matter what brand he ended up on. Did I say that I would like him to stick it out and stay with Stereo instead of going to to Magenta? Yes and this is the reason why. I like Stereo, I always have and probably always will. Stereo has a ton of history, it's a true skateboard company (not that Magenta is not) and it's owned by one of my all time favorite skateboarders Jason Lee. Do I dislike Magenta? No, not at all what so ever. In my opinion it's a safer bet to stick with a company that's been around for two decades when you are a new Pro. Small companies start up everyday and if you ride for a new company and they go under in 6 months, it's really tough to get picked up again as a Pro somewhere else. At the next trade show in two weeks there will be 3-5 new brands, does anyone think all of them will make it? I hope they all do but most likely not all of them will. Do I hope Magenta makes it? Fuck yes I hope they make it! Do I think Magenta will only last 6 months? No I think they will make it happen no matter what, that's what skater owned brands do, they always make it work. So back to Ben, have you seen his nollie flips? They are a thing of beauty.. His skating is so rad to me. I personally picked him for Dekline about four years ago and I gave him more ads than any of his sponsors during his time on Dekline. Ben wore the shoes and really like the shoes we make, we discussed a colorway for him and I back him and his skating 110%. So why is he off? Reason 1: Ben rides for MIA Skateshop and they do not carry Dekline. This is not to bad mouth or to point the finger at MIA at all, they sell what works for them and what the people are influenced by in their area. I personally know the owners of MIA but I would never ask them to carry something that does not work for them, plus I'm not in sales. Ben lives in SF but does not ride for a shop in SF. I don't even think we have a Dekline account in SF to tell you the truth. All of the other current team riders ride for shops that really get behind Dekline and that is honestly what we need to survive. We are a really small brand and every sell we get really makes a difference for us, Dekline paid Ben every month for the past 4 years and promoted him to the fullest yet we can't influence any shop he is down with to carry our product... This is not Ben's fault, this is not MIA's fault, this is not Dekline's fault, this just sucks plain and simple....So what do we do? We have to move on, we have to support the guys who support us. Do any of the guys on this forum asking about Ben and why he's off Dekline have a pair of Dekline's on? I would be super hyped if you did. If you do PM me and I'll send you a new pair if you really have a current pair of Dekline's that you skate in and you back Ben Gore or back Dekline in general. This is the shitty part of being a TM, the team always changes and this change was not performance based. It just comes down to brand and rider support. We supported Ben to the fullest but got no support back. I flow a kid in NYC and he won a gift card from a local contest last week, he told me he went to the shop and bought two pairs of Dekline's even though he gets whatever he wants for free from me anytime. I thought that was the coolest thing the kid could of done for us. That's real support! That's the love we need to make this small skateboarding shoe company work. Ben, we love you and I know you will find a good place my friend. I told Ben I would keep his name on our team list until he finds something that works for him. If any TM's are thinking of putting Ben on their team you should, he's mellow to hang with, he's a fucking ripper and has style for days. Ben, thank you for being a part of Dekline these past four years! I can't tell you how much I would like for you to still be on this tiny little skateboard team. Mike Sinclair
[close]

Just wondering who is that flow kid from NYC..

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 11:35:03 PM »
mike sinclair is not for me.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 01:26:47 AM »
budget cuts

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 05:04:14 AM »
Be careful with all this Sinclair slander. Are y’all trying to get doxxed?

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 09:52:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's a funny quote because a) Ben Gore is very prominently on State Footwear (the only States I've ever seen in person were on his feet) and b) Mike's assertion that the new companies of 2011-13 would immediately cease to exist. Mike had been in the industry for decades and couldn't read it to save his life
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2021, 10:04:08 AM »
(I can't) imagine being relevant enough to dox

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2021, 10:04:27 AM »
Didn't Vice and Thrasher give all riders on KOTR per diem for food and Mike Sinclair didn't give Forrest his pier diem and Toy riders had to buy him food?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2021, 10:06:16 AM »
mike sinclair is not for me.

this.  dude sucks. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2021, 10:49:08 AM »
He always seemed funny and kind from interviews, sounds like he might really suck though
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2021, 04:12:23 PM »
hes the stereotypical industry shithead. he ripped back in the day and now gets to tell young ams to take off the helmet or get fucked in his TM role.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1225
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2021, 04:36:59 PM »
nc bro

JohnnyBoy

• Rep: 7
    • Fat Skater avatar image
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2021, 04:40:41 PM »
I like him. Maybe YOU suck

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2021, 06:24:35 PM »
Didn't Vice and Thrasher give all riders on KOTR per diem for food and Mike Sinclair didn't give Forrest his pier diem and Toy riders had to buy him food?
wack

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2021, 09:26:55 PM »
mikes got like 18 pugs to feed let em live

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2021, 09:39:02 PM »

Just trying to get some fajitas

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2021, 09:49:15 PM »

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2021, 07:56:41 AM »

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2021, 08:07:33 AM »
knew people in the industry and was cool enough to become a team manager this shit isn't rocket science
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2021, 09:38:33 AM »
He was mentored by Larry Perkins
This is the correct answer

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2021, 09:44:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Probably Tyshawn Jones who wasnt good enough for a spot on Toy when Sinclaire was running the show

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2021, 09:50:10 AM »

Red vine addiction isn't cheap.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2021, 10:17:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Probably Tyshawn Jones who wasnt good enough for a spot on Toy when Sinclaire was running the show

Wasn't Tyshawn flow (or am) for Toy when he took off for FA? I remember seeing an interview where Sinclair — upon also giving him blessing to bounce to FA — said he offered Tyshawn Pig and Dekline deals along with Toy, but Tyshawn turned him down because he wanted Spitfire and Emerica.