Author Topic: Mike Sinclair  (Read 9027 times)

coldbrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
Re: Mike Sinclair
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2021, 12:55:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Question 6: Is Ben Gore off Dekline?

Slap Pals, it saddens me that recently I have had to let Ben Gore go from the Dekline team. Did he get kicked off? Well... not really but yeah he's off the team. I'll break it down the best I can for you all to digest and pick apart. Did I kick Ben off for him switching from Stereo to Magenta? No, I told Ben I would support his switch no matter what brand he ended up on. Did I say that I would like him to stick it out and stay with Stereo instead of going to to Magenta? Yes and this is the reason why. I like Stereo, I always have and probably always will. Stereo has a ton of history, it's a true skateboard company (not that Magenta is not) and it's owned by one of my all time favorite skateboarders Jason Lee. Do I dislike Magenta? No, not at all what so ever. In my opinion it's a safer bet to stick with a company that's been around for two decades when you are a new Pro. Small companies start up everyday and if you ride for a new company and they go under in 6 months, it's really tough to get picked up again as a Pro somewhere else. At the next trade show in two weeks there will be 3-5 new brands, does anyone think all of them will make it? I hope they all do but most likely not all of them will. Do I hope Magenta makes it? Fuck yes I hope they make it! Do I think Magenta will only last 6 months? No I think they will make it happen no matter what, that's what skater owned brands do, they always make it work. So back to Ben, have you seen his nollie flips? They are a thing of beauty.. His skating is so rad to me. I personally picked him for Dekline about four years ago and I gave him more ads than any of his sponsors during his time on Dekline. Ben wore the shoes and really like the shoes we make, we discussed a colorway for him and I back him and his skating 110%. So why is he off? Reason 1: Ben rides for MIA Skateshop and they do not carry Dekline. This is not to bad mouth or to point the finger at MIA at all, they sell what works for them and what the people are influenced by in their area. I personally know the owners of MIA but I would never ask them to carry something that does not work for them, plus I'm not in sales. Ben lives in SF but does not ride for a shop in SF. I don't even think we have a Dekline account in SF to tell you the truth. All of the other current team riders ride for shops that really get behind Dekline and that is honestly what we need to survive. We are a really small brand and every sell we get really makes a difference for us, Dekline paid Ben every month for the past 4 years and promoted him to the fullest yet we can't influence any shop he is down with to carry our product... This is not Ben's fault, this is not MIA's fault, this is not Dekline's fault, this just sucks plain and simple....So what do we do? We have to move on, we have to support the guys who support us. Do any of the guys on this forum asking about Ben and why he's off Dekline have a pair of Dekline's on? I would be super hyped if you did. If you do PM me and I'll send you a new pair if you really have a current pair of Dekline's that you skate in and you back Ben Gore or back Dekline in general. This is the shitty part of being a TM, the team always changes and this change was not performance based. It just comes down to brand and rider support. We supported Ben to the fullest but got no support back. I flow a kid in NYC and he won a gift card from a local contest last week, he told me he went to the shop and bought two pairs of Dekline's even though he gets whatever he wants for free from me anytime. I thought that was the coolest thing the kid could of done for us. That's real support! That's the love we need to make this small skateboarding shoe company work. Ben, we love you and I know you will find a good place my friend. I told Ben I would keep his name on our team list until he finds something that works for him. If any TM's are thinking of putting Ben on their team you should, he's mellow to hang with, he's a fucking ripper and has style for days. Ben, thank you for being a part of Dekline these past four years! I can't tell you how much I would like for you to still be on this tiny little skateboard team. Mike Sinclair
[close]

Remember this guy works for Nike SB now.
[close]

Just wondering who is that flow kid from NYC..
[close]

Probably Tyshawn Jones who wasnt good enough for a spot on Toy when Sinclaire was running the show
[close]

Wasn't Tyshawn flow (or am) for Toy when he took off for FA? I remember seeing an interview where Sinclair — upon also giving him blessing to bounce to FA — said he offered Tyshawn Pig and Dekline deals along with Toy, but Tyshawn turned him down because he wanted Spitfire and Emerica.

I may be misremembering but I believe it was more on top of Tyshawn wanting to be on Emerica was that they told Tyshawn there probably was no future for him on Toy. So Sinclair giving him his "blessing" to leave for FA was a cop out because they had no plans to do anything with Tyshawn regardless.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2021, 01:08:21 PM »
Expand Quote

Slap Pals, it saddens me that recently I have had to let Ben Gore go from the Dekline team. Did he get kicked off? Well... not really but yeah he's off the team. I'll break it down the best I can for you all to digest and pick apart. Did I kick Ben off for him switching from Stereo to Magenta? No, I told Ben I would support his switch no matter what brand he ended up on. Did I say that I would like him to stick it out and stay with Stereo instead of going to to Magenta? Yes and this is the reason why. I like Stereo, I always have and probably always will. Stereo has a ton of history, it's a true skateboard company (not that Magenta is not) and it's owned by one of my all time favorite skateboarders Jason Lee. Do I dislike Magenta? No, not at all what so ever. In my opinion it's a safer bet to stick with a company that's been around for two decades when you are a new Pro. Small companies start up everyday and if you ride for a new company and they go under in 6 months, it's really tough to get picked up again as a Pro somewhere else. At the next trade show in two weeks there will be 3-5 new brands, does anyone think all of them will make it? I hope they all do but most likely not all of them will. Do I hope Magenta makes it? Fuck yes I hope they make it! Do I think Magenta will only last 6 months? No I think they will make it happen no matter what, that's what skater owned brands do, they always make it work. So back to Ben, have you seen his nollie flips? They are a thing of beauty.. His skating is so rad to me. I personally picked him for Dekline about four years ago and I gave him more ads than any of his sponsors during his time on Dekline. Ben wore the shoes and really like the shoes we make, we discussed a colorway for him and I back him and his skating 110%. So why is he off? Reason 1: Ben rides for MIA Skateshop and they do not carry Dekline. This is not to bad mouth or to point the finger at MIA at all, they sell what works for them and what the people are influenced by in their area. I personally know the owners of MIA but I would never ask them to carry something that does not work for them, plus I'm not in sales. Ben lives in SF but does not ride for a shop in SF. I don't even think we have a Dekline account in SF to tell you the truth. All of the other current team riders ride for shops that really get behind Dekline and that is honestly what we need to survive. We are a really small brand and every sell we get really makes a difference for us, Dekline paid Ben every month for the past 4 years and promoted him to the fullest yet we can't influence any shop he is down with to carry our product... This is not Ben's fault, this is not MIA's fault, this is not Dekline's fault, this just sucks plain and simple....So what do we do? We have to move on, we have to support the guys who support us. Do any of the guys on this forum asking about Ben and why he's off Dekline have a pair of Dekline's on? I would be super hyped if you did. If you do PM me and I'll send you a new pair if you really have a current pair of Dekline's that you skate in and you back Ben Gore or back Dekline in general. This is the shitty part of being a TM, the team always changes and this change was not performance based. It just comes down to brand and rider support. We supported Ben to the fullest but got no support back. I flow a kid in NYC and he won a gift card from a local contest last week, he told me he went to the shop and bought two pairs of Dekline's even though he gets whatever he wants for free from me anytime. I thought that was the coolest thing the kid could of done for us. That's real support! That's the love we need to make this small skateboarding shoe company work. Ben, we love you and I know you will find a good place my friend. I told Ben I would keep his name on our team list until he finds something that works for him. If any TM's are thinking of putting Ben on their team you should, he's mellow to hang with, he's a fucking ripper and has style for days. Ben, thank you for being a part of Dekline these past four years! I can't tell you how much I would like for you to still be on this tiny little skateboard team. Mike Sinclair
[close]

Good god this is all so much evil.   I can't take it.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2021, 01:14:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Probably Tyshawn Jones who wasnt good enough for a spot on Toy when Sinclaire was running the show
[close]

Wasn't Tyshawn flow (or am) for Toy when he took off for FA? I remember seeing an interview where Sinclair — upon also giving him blessing to bounce to FA — said he offered Tyshawn Pig and Dekline deals along with Toy, but Tyshawn turned him down because he wanted Spitfire and Emerica.

Gee what a generous fucking offer

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2021, 01:57:26 PM »
he tried to doxx the gipper and then i believe they settled it after a sizzle plate offer. kinda miss gipper posting around here...
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2021, 02:01:50 PM »
he tried to doxx the gipper and then i believe they settled it after a sizzle plate offer. kinda miss gipper posting around here...

Was that around the time Gipper left this place? That’s probably the last time I remember him popping up on here.

weregoingunion

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2021, 02:06:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was that around the time Gipper left this place? That’s probably the last time I remember him popping up on here.

around the same time. then after TNT came on the boards, he went on vacation or something.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2021, 02:09:06 PM »
Can any kind souls link me to the gipper threads in question
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -213
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2021, 02:43:28 PM »
The funny thing is there are kids out there who strive for having this guy’s job.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2021, 04:43:30 PM »
An alternate timeline where Tyshawn becomes a Tum Yeto dude wearing indigo slim-fit jeans riding Pig Wheels and probably ending up pro-flow for Vans is hilarious to think about.

Glad it worked out for him! He is too talented to not have his moment in the sun.

weregoingunion

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2021, 05:43:30 PM »

whoa, my timeframe was hella off. the sinclair stuff happened back in 2016, starting with this post from gip in the "sinclair on the swoosh" thread:
(SIDENOTE - lots of good bbq talk throughout this thread)

Awesome news. Sinclair seems to be the shittiest TM in the game. Any good skater he has eventually gets sick of him and leaves, weakening the company overall. Glad Nike has decided to pick up this curse.

sinclair then posted something on his ig about internet messageboards aimed at gipper, which was taken all in fun even by gipper until he kept going:

How dare you! Come out from the shadows! I demand we go to chili's and you explain yourselves!

People seemed to have missed the point I originally made. I don't care if he's nice or not, he's not a very good TM. He may be a wonderful husband, father, son, and friend, but his arrival at Tum Yeto didn't mark a high point for any of the company's teams he managed. In fact, most are worse today. Does anybody know who the fuck skates for Foundation these days? people used to.

As far as it being a dick move to say that on a public forum? Fuck you buddy, enjoy the fucking Nike paycheck, those fuckers are paying you in vampire money. They have appropriated our culture for the sake of profit, put out a bunch of legitimate skate shoe companies and now YOU ARE HELPING. You want to get that big fat fucking Nike paycheck? Great. It's not my or anybody else's fucking responsibility to make you feel good about it.  Man the fuck up. You knew plenty of skateboarders rightfully hate Nike. When you chose to take that pay check, you chose to tell them all to go fuck themselves.

Talk shit about what I say here all you fucking want, I'm not helping aid a corporate takeover in skateboarding. You are. Asshole.

Also, you had an account on here, and as soon as you posted that call out, I told you to PM me on here. You still haven't. I'm hiding? Am I supposed to search you out? Nah dude. You know where to find me.

i guess sinclair didn't take too kindly to gip's criticism and constant nike bashing, so he came on the boards again under a new username:

Damn, fellas it's scary I really do look like fucking Tom Ford right now. I gotta do something about that this year if I can. SLAP PALS, I don't mind normal good ole hate, I find it amusing and funny 99% of the time but Gipper... be a man and come out from behind your computer you have been hating on my work, my character and throwing slander from behind a wall for years. Toy Machine has a demo coming up May 7th for Cardboard Skateshop in Burbank area at Sheldon Park. Look for the flyer to be posted this week on all social channels. I would love for you to show face and tell us how bad we suck in person or how bad I personally suck, Ed will listen to you too, he's just that nice. I will even allow you to skate the demo with the Toy Machine guys so we can watch you rip and we can film you. You should also bring a proposal on how you could bring back the old Foundation / Toy Machine teams and what you would do to have them kick more ass than they already do. You can also sit down with the Foundation team at our next demo and suggest new riders to them as well. I can set that team dinner meeting after the demo with the F squad and they would love to hear your ideas.. I'm not kidding. I would love to have you sit down with the guys and listen in to how much you can help or do better. This might be a great time to explain how you would of saved Dekline too. If the guys are feeling you and Swank & Ed really love your proposal I will resign and let you take over my position, you have my word. I hope you show and I hope the guys like you, it's been a good ride. Best of luck Ronald.

unprovoked & without a response from gipper, sinclair puts him on blast and all hell breaks loose. gipper starts the "MIKE SINCLAIR IS A TOTAL WHINY BITCH" thread and goes off:

So you try to "expose" me on your instagram by doing some stalker shit and posting private info about me on your instagram? You fat punk bitch. Do you really need an explanation as to why somebody might get the impression that you are a fucking kook after that kooky shit?
The funny thing is that I completely introduced myself and even gave you more "ammo" in an e-mail to you.

Seriously, you fucking petty motherfucker, you can't take somebody talking shit about you? You are that much of a crybaby bitch?Did you fucing lose sleep over an internet comment? Why would anybody not like you? You seem like such a fucking winner.

I heard that you got a lot of negative feedback on your little instagram post. HA HA HA YOU FUCKING SHITBAG. Private now, why is that? You get yourself in trouble asshole?

Tum Yeto, you seriously going to have a face of your company that is that petty and unprofessional? When he appears on those "king of the road" videos, he appears as an ambassador of YOUR brand. Likewise, when he posts to an instagram that is mainly made up of followers who know him as "the tum yeto tm" his posts are representations of what your brand is about.

I don't see why anybody would want to do business with Tum Yeto if this guy is the face of the business side of it. Don't get into a disagreement with them, they will come after you for it.

I don't even want or care about Sinclair's response to this thread. The question of "Is Mike Sinclair a shitty human being" is answered. He has children right? I feel sorry for them. Imagine the shitty life lessons they get.

I want to hear from a different representative on Tum Yeto. I want to hear what the company's response was from a representative of the company.

The funny thing about your attempt to "get me" is that it mostly failed, and I only heard about it secondhand. You should be able to tell this by the very different tone of my PM, written after the "exposure" but before I was told about it. But now that I know what you tried to pull, and now you are going to know what it is like when I ACTUALLY hate you, not just when I think you are lame.

it then seems as if they exchanged some PM's and sorted things out, with sinclair starting the "The Gipper vs Sinclair (Final Chapter)" thread:

SLAP PALS and Lurkers here is the full story for you all to gawk at one final time. I received years of hate from the Gipper via SLAP. I finally take the time to find out who "The Gipper" really is and why he wants or feels the need to drag my name though the mud year after year. I find out he is a regular guy / non industry insider (I was expecting a bitter ex team rider) I sent Gipper a nice email to have him reach out to me directly. Someone who I don't know from SLAP sends me Gippers personal info out of the blue. I post it to my instagram (bad move, bad look, bitch boy move on my part fo sho) at that minute and not using my best judgement I felt my post had to be done to poke back for all the years of anonomouys hate from one person who I have never met or personally know. A shit storm of more hate gets fired up after this post. All in all Gipper got under my skin for the years of hate directed at me and my work. Lastly Gipper sends me a nice email (which I got this morning, and I wish I would of checking it earlier) I replied back and told him if we did meet which he agreed to do before all of this caught wildfire we would both be laughing with BBQ sauce all over our faces discussing how dumb all of this really is and how rad skateboarding is no matter if we agree on who is on what team or brand. He's an adult skateboard fan and so am I with different opinions on skateboarding which I back. No matter what opinions we all have I let the Gipper get the best of me and Gipper, I am sorry for posting your ID. The point here is... Calling people out from behind a wall for years is never cool and me posting someones real identity is worse. Mike Sinclair

seems like things were settled and became friendly after that.

as for the tnt/gip stuff (2018), i think that thread might have been deleted? but it stemmed from the "Tony Trujillo is a woman beater and vans loves him" screenshots (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=100854.0). tnt came in to tell his side of the story and addressed some stuff gip had to say. gip was gost on the boards for like a week and returned like "what'd i miss?" HAHAHA. dude stopped posting a few months after without any sort of beef at the time.

i find him interesting because he was hella outspoken and would go on these big ass rants. very anti-nike. these 2 events were good examples of where he can put his foot in his mouth and where people could hate him or love him. dude definitely had his moments.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2021, 08:57:30 PM »
Sinclair seems like a good dude.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2021, 09:32:51 PM »
Sinclairs big in the industry because he's been doing it literally forever. do anything semi successfully for 20-30 years and you'll become a fixture. in my [worthless] opinion, he knows what he's doing. he's also so, so funny. the dude is a household name amongst my non-skater friends because of King of the Road.

this shit is just so funny, makes you really like the dude:

[gipper / sinclair stuff]

i find him interesting because he was hella outspoken and would go on these big ass rants. very anti-nike. these 2 events were good examples of where he can put his foot in his mouth and where people could hate him or love him. dude definitely had his moments.

gipper really was such an asshole. so over the top. i miss him.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2021, 11:43:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I may be misremembering but I believe it was more on top of Tyshawn wanting to be on Emerica was that they told Tyshawn there probably was no future for him on Toy. So Sinclair giving him his "blessing" to leave for FA was a cop out because they had no plans to do anything with Tyshawn regardless.
Tyshawn was like 13 at the time and lived on the other side of the country. Pretty rare for an established team to put on a grom, especially one who lives far from their base of operations. The only example of someone that young getting on an established brand I can think of who wasn't California-based in recent years was GT getting on Alien or Lucas getting on Cliche (which was essentially based in Lyon). I don't think many brands want to trust a young teenager with getting footage and photos, whereas if they are in an area where the TM and Filmer are, it is much easier to monitor.

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2021, 03:05:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Tyshawn was like 13 at the time and lived on the other side of the country. Pretty rare for an established team to put on a grom, especially one who lives far from their base of operations. The only example of someone that young getting on an established brand I can think of who wasn't California-based in recent years was GT getting on Alien or Lucas getting on Cliche (which was essentially based in Lyon). I don't think many brands want to trust a young teenager with getting footage and photos, whereas if they are in an area where the TM and Filmer are, it is much easier to monitor.

This isnt some random grom mob flipping at your local, ive seen Tyshawn skate younger then 13 and knew he was on some full grown man shit.

My point is Sinclair didnt see the value/talent in a future SOTY, Toy fucking blew it.

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2021, 03:59:51 AM »
This man is a gift to skateboarding and should be cherished as such. Team Sinclair all day.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2021, 06:01:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

whoa, my timeframe was hella off. the sinclair stuff happened back in 2016, starting with this post from gip in the "sinclair on the swoosh" thread:
(SIDENOTE - lots of good bbq talk throughout this thread)

Expand Quote
Awesome news. Sinclair seems to be the shittiest TM in the game. Any good skater he has eventually gets sick of him and leaves, weakening the company overall. Glad Nike has decided to pick up this curse.
[close]

sinclair then posted something on his ig about internet messageboards aimed at gipper, which was taken all in fun even by gipper until he kept going:

Expand Quote
How dare you! Come out from the shadows! I demand we go to chili's and you explain yourselves!

People seemed to have missed the point I originally made. I don't care if he's nice or not, he's not a very good TM. He may be a wonderful husband, father, son, and friend, but his arrival at Tum Yeto didn't mark a high point for any of the company's teams he managed. In fact, most are worse today. Does anybody know who the fuck skates for Foundation these days? people used to.

As far as it being a dick move to say that on a public forum? Fuck you buddy, enjoy the fucking Nike paycheck, those fuckers are paying you in vampire money. They have appropriated our culture for the sake of profit, put out a bunch of legitimate skate shoe companies and now YOU ARE HELPING. You want to get that big fat fucking Nike paycheck? Great. It's not my or anybody else's fucking responsibility to make you feel good about it.  Man the fuck up. You knew plenty of skateboarders rightfully hate Nike. When you chose to take that pay check, you chose to tell them all to go fuck themselves.

Talk shit about what I say here all you fucking want, I'm not helping aid a corporate takeover in skateboarding. You are. Asshole.

Also, you had an account on here, and as soon as you posted that call out, I told you to PM me on here. You still haven't. I'm hiding? Am I supposed to search you out? Nah dude. You know where to find me.
[close]

i guess sinclair didn't take too kindly to gip's criticism and constant nike bashing, so he came on the boards again under a new username:

Expand Quote
Damn, fellas it's scary I really do look like fucking Tom Ford right now. I gotta do something about that this year if I can. SLAP PALS, I don't mind normal good ole hate, I find it amusing and funny 99% of the time but Gipper... be a man and come out from behind your computer you have been hating on my work, my character and throwing slander from behind a wall for years. Toy Machine has a demo coming up May 7th for Cardboard Skateshop in Burbank area at Sheldon Park. Look for the flyer to be posted this week on all social channels. I would love for you to show face and tell us how bad we suck in person or how bad I personally suck, Ed will listen to you too, he's just that nice. I will even allow you to skate the demo with the Toy Machine guys so we can watch you rip and we can film you. You should also bring a proposal on how you could bring back the old Foundation / Toy Machine teams and what you would do to have them kick more ass than they already do. You can also sit down with the Foundation team at our next demo and suggest new riders to them as well. I can set that team dinner meeting after the demo with the F squad and they would love to hear your ideas.. I'm not kidding. I would love to have you sit down with the guys and listen in to how much you can help or do better. This might be a great time to explain how you would of saved Dekline too. If the guys are feeling you and Swank & Ed really love your proposal I will resign and let you take over my position, you have my word. I hope you show and I hope the guys like you, it's been a good ride. Best of luck Ronald.
[close]

unprovoked & without a response from gipper, sinclair puts him on blast and all hell breaks loose. gipper starts the "MIKE SINCLAIR IS A TOTAL WHINY BITCH" thread and goes off:

Expand Quote
So you try to "expose" me on your instagram by doing some stalker shit and posting private info about me on your instagram? You fat punk bitch. Do you really need an explanation as to why somebody might get the impression that you are a fucking kook after that kooky shit?
The funny thing is that I completely introduced myself and even gave you more "ammo" in an e-mail to you.

Seriously, you fucking petty motherfucker, you can't take somebody talking shit about you? You are that much of a crybaby bitch?Did you fucing lose sleep over an internet comment? Why would anybody not like you? You seem like such a fucking winner.

I heard that you got a lot of negative feedback on your little instagram post. HA HA HA YOU FUCKING SHITBAG. Private now, why is that? You get yourself in trouble asshole?

Tum Yeto, you seriously going to have a face of your company that is that petty and unprofessional? When he appears on those "king of the road" videos, he appears as an ambassador of YOUR brand. Likewise, when he posts to an instagram that is mainly made up of followers who know him as "the tum yeto tm" his posts are representations of what your brand is about.

I don't see why anybody would want to do business with Tum Yeto if this guy is the face of the business side of it. Don't get into a disagreement with them, they will come after you for it.

I don't even want or care about Sinclair's response to this thread. The question of "Is Mike Sinclair a shitty human being" is answered. He has children right? I feel sorry for them. Imagine the shitty life lessons they get.

I want to hear from a different representative on Tum Yeto. I want to hear what the company's response was from a representative of the company.

The funny thing about your attempt to "get me" is that it mostly failed, and I only heard about it secondhand. You should be able to tell this by the very different tone of my PM, written after the "exposure" but before I was told about it. But now that I know what you tried to pull, and now you are going to know what it is like when I ACTUALLY hate you, not just when I think you are lame.
[close]

it then seems as if they exchanged some PM's and sorted things out, with sinclair starting the "The Gipper vs Sinclair (Final Chapter)" thread:

Expand Quote

SLAP PALS and Lurkers here is the full story for you all to gawk at one final time. I received years of hate from the Gipper via SLAP. I finally take the time to find out who "The Gipper" really is and why he wants or feels the need to drag my name though the mud year after year. I find out he is a regular guy / non industry insider (I was expecting a bitter ex team rider) I sent Gipper a nice email to have him reach out to me directly. Someone who I don't know from SLAP sends me Gippers personal info out of the blue. I post it to my instagram (bad move, bad look, bitch boy move on my part fo sho) at that minute and not using my best judgement I felt my post had to be done to poke back for all the years of anonomouys hate from one person who I have never met or personally know. A shit storm of more hate gets fired up after this post. All in all Gipper got under my skin for the years of hate directed at me and my work. Lastly Gipper sends me a nice email (which I got this morning, and I wish I would of checking it earlier) I replied back and told him if we did meet which he agreed to do before all of this caught wildfire we would both be laughing with BBQ sauce all over our faces discussing how dumb all of this really is and how rad skateboarding is no matter if we agree on who is on what team or brand. He's an adult skateboard fan and so am I with different opinions on skateboarding which I back. No matter what opinions we all have I let the Gipper get the best of me and Gipper, I am sorry for posting your ID. The point here is... Calling people out from behind a wall for years is never cool and me posting someones real identity is worse. Mike Sinclair
[close]

seems like things were settled and became friendly after that.

as for the tnt/gip stuff (2018), i think that thread might have been deleted? but it stemmed from the "Tony Trujillo is a woman beater and vans loves him" screenshots (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=100854.0). tnt came in to tell his side of the story and addressed some stuff gip had to say. gip was gost on the boards for like a week and returned like "what'd i miss?" HAHAHA. dude stopped posting a few months after without any sort of beef at the time.

Amazing

Thank you

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2021, 12:20:22 PM »
Didn't Vice and Thrasher give all riders on KOTR per diem for food and Mike Sinclair didn't give Forrest his pier diem and Toy riders had to buy him food?

someone confirm please >:(

mushroom slice

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2021, 01:01:24 PM »
That Gipper guy seems like a jerk.but everyone does on the internet. bless our souls.  "how dare you come out from the shadows" bit but he is in the shadows too. Hes right about that vampire money though. hes wrong about why people dont fuck with foundation tho. foundation has always had a rad team. even when mike was tm. thats not why no one wants that shit.  its the graphics. they suck.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2021, 01:25:33 PM »
Some years back, I went to a Toy Machine signing. The entire team signed an American Monster deck I bought at the shop there, including Mike Sinclair. Mike was by the start of the table so asked him, hoping for some humor, he did not disappoint. He wrote "Billy Marks is the best at nothing." Then down the line, Billy is next. He read what Mike wrote and said "Oh what fuck? Fuck no." Then Billy wrote "Fuck Mike Sinclair!" It was fun to see all the guys laughing at Mike and Billy going back and forth from across the table.

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2021, 01:58:28 PM »

i'll take shit for brains before gip any day.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2021, 02:55:03 PM »
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2021, 03:40:46 PM »
because he's been down longer than you've probably been alive

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • Free Max B
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2021, 04:37:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah he’s talking about tyshawn back when he was still TJ and before dill started crossing out the toy logos on his tshirts

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2021, 08:09:15 PM »
Was it Gipper who drove to the Away Days premiere and parked less than a block away but walked in carrying a board?

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2021, 09:17:36 PM »
because he's been down longer than you've probably been alive

1-foot nose bonk on that vert ramp was fucking awesome.
New found respect for that guy

Apealien

• Rep: -10
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2021, 09:18:00 PM »

Who is this poor fella in the oversized clothing?
Eggplant boneless roast beef melon blunt tic tac

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2021, 10:30:04 PM »
Larry Perkins baby

Learn some history.... Jesus

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -293
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2021, 10:59:23 PM »
Someone from this place ratted gippers name, age, occupation etc out. Maybe the rat is still among us…
I used to have a screenshot of the post sinclair put on instagram basically inviting an internet bashing on him.

I had it out with Gipper many times over the years, it made this place way more interesting having posters like him around.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2021, 11:11:51 PM »
Someone from this place ratted gippers name, age, occupation etc out. Maybe the rat is still among us…
I used to have a screenshot of the post sinclair put on instagram basically inviting an internet bashing on him.

I had it out with Gipper many times over the years, it made this place way more interesting having posters like him around.

What was his occupation?

I was much more of a casual lurker back then but it was more interesting for sure.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -293
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2021, 03:41:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What was his occupation?

I was much more of a casual lurker back then but it was more interesting for sure.

I think he was a teacher