Author Topic: I totally understand the Cariuma hate  (Read 57371 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: I totally understand the Cariuma hate
« Reply #510 on: December 15, 2021, 01:56:03 PM »
I took a gander at mike vís Instagram and noticed in the comments that cariumba will be selling to shops in 2022. What actual skate shop will buy these abominations, and how long will it be till they give up on skate shops and sell in target or Burlington coat factory?
One of the riders at my local said that Berra was chatting up the owner during a visit trying to get cariuma in there. The owner, a very polite guy, said he will consider it if he gets demand from the locals for it. Berra left a shit ton of shoes at the shop and it all went to this one kid who is the only guy I've seen wear them IRL.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #511 on: December 15, 2021, 07:18:37 PM »
tbh we still aren't sure it exists

it only seems to make appearences on ig and in contests
oh iíve seen some on the wall in a skateshop that has a banner up here

Beeker

• Rep: 38
« Reply #512 on: December 31, 2021, 07:00:50 PM »

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #513 on: December 31, 2021, 07:27:29 PM »
You guys are gonna love this:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/30/delta-passenger-arrested-assaults-cop-lax-drunk/

Steve is not happy right now.

(This isnít Berra(I think thats obvious just donít want to be misleading))

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #514 on: December 31, 2021, 11:11:10 PM »
Damn, that seems like more of a DC court Graffik type of move rather than cariuma

dannyprovolone

• Rep: 101
« Reply #515 on: January 01, 2022, 03:22:11 AM »
Damn. These are dangerous just to walk around in. Airport security said hell naw.

TheBoognish

• Rep: 103
« Reply #516 on: January 01, 2022, 07:22:22 AM »
Airport security said hell naw.

As they should.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #517 on: January 01, 2022, 10:10:22 AM »
More like Cari-u-away-in-handcuffs, right? Can't see their insignia, is that the fashion police?

Lord Viper Scorpion

• Rep: 88
  • try to relax. don't let it get to you.
« Reply #518 on: January 01, 2022, 11:10:08 AM »

BORRAS GETTING ANGRY

)this isnt borra and i want to be misleading)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 11:24:47 AM by Lord Viper Scorpion »

Uh Oh

• Rep: 267
« Reply #519 on: January 01, 2022, 11:12:57 AM »
Cariuma: Official Footwear of Unnecessary Escalation.

Brought to you in part by the Los Angeles International Airport and Skate Park of Tampa.

CrimsonGhost

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #520 on: January 02, 2022, 07:09:43 AM »
Looks like Berle Haggard moved to the dark side  8)
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -112
« Reply #521 on: January 02, 2022, 04:56:44 PM »
Starting to see them more and more.

Actually don't look terrible in real life. Having said that Cariuma will never feel the soles of my feet.

biaherl

• Rep: 152
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #522 on: January 02, 2022, 04:59:28 PM »
My brother got me a pair for my birthday last November. I still haven't put them on but I never say never. oops

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 15
« Reply #523 on: January 02, 2022, 05:35:11 PM »
My boss, who knows nothing about skating, showes up to work in cariumas. He bought a pair because he saw an ad for them on instagram and thought they looked cool and the sustainability bullshit hooked him. He wears them around and they look so fucking dumb, but I told him they look good on him of course. Thats the only time Iíve seen them in person and I hope I never have to see them again.

frontfootimpossible

• Rep: -24
« Reply #524 on: January 03, 2022, 05:38:15 AM »
Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

Prostate Exam

• Rep: 191
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #525 on: January 03, 2022, 05:43:53 AM »

Steve is not happy right now.

(This isnít Berra(I think thats obvious just donít want to be misleading))

Next level marketing

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #526 on: January 04, 2022, 08:07:31 AM »
My boss, who knows nothing about skating, showes up to work in cariumas. He bought a pair because he saw an ad for them on instagram and thought they looked cool and the sustainability bullshit hooked him. He wears them around and they look so fucking dumb, but I told him they look good on him of course. Thats the only time Iíve seen them in person and I hope I never have to see them again.

You should fire yourself. I would.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #527 on: January 04, 2022, 08:44:42 AM »
I have quit jobs for much, much less justifiable reasons.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #528 on: January 04, 2022, 09:39:02 AM »

When kissing asses goes wrong. Have some selfrespect and stand your ground, we all know they do not look good. I hope you make a Million per week, otherwise it was not worth it.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1495
« Reply #529 on: January 04, 2022, 11:59:47 AM »
There's a dude who comes to our shop all the time and buys tons of stuff, but most importantly is super cool and nice. We all really like him. Recently I saw on his instagram that he ordered a pair of Cariumas. I was disappointed but he gets a pass because he's fairly new to paying attention to the industry and also he gave us each a $10 Booster Juice gift card for Christmas for being nice and hooking up discounts.

Anyone else wearing those shits though is dead to me.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • Dopeness
« Reply #530 on: January 05, 2022, 03:28:38 AM »
I love how I have still not seen a single clip of anyone skating the Vallely shoe.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #531 on: January 07, 2022, 05:00:35 PM »

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • HI8VHS avatar image
« Reply #532 on: January 07, 2022, 06:39:08 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CYZiSiOlOED/?utm_medium=share_sheet

Which color did you guys pre-order?
I didnít , but according to this post Cariuma pre ordered ďAll the colorsĒ Ö Jesus fucking ChristÖ

caked

• Rep: 8
« Reply #533 on: January 07, 2022, 09:09:08 PM »
saw my first pair in the wild a couple weeks ago, day after christmas. they just look so basic and frankly uncomfortable. I don't get the appeal. also super bummed Roos Zwetsloot is apparently riding for cariuma now? she was one of the few pros who actually skated nyjahs which I found interesting. feels bad watching her clips with pink cariumas

rukes

• Rep: 120
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #534 on: January 07, 2022, 09:37:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When kissing asses goes wrong. Have some selfrespect and stand your ground, we all know they do not look good. I hope you make a Million per week, otherwise it was not worth it.

And now when someone else tells your boss that his shoes look like shit, then he will know you lied to him and he is going to make work way harder for you, because you knowingly let him walk around with pieces of shit on his feet.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
« Reply #535 on: January 07, 2022, 09:49:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And now when someone else tells your boss that his shoes look like shit, then he will know you lied to him and he is going to make work way harder for you, because you knowingly let him walk around with pieces of shit on his feet.

ďJOHNSON! Why didnít you tell me that my shoes are the laughingstock of the skateboard world!? I had to hear it from Roberts!Ē

ďEr, uh, I mean I thought they looked dope on you, sir.Ē

ďDope? Like an idiot? Thatís it, you fucking piece of frog shit! Refile the 200 bankers boxes of loose forms in the basement! NOW!Ē

ďDarn you, Cariuma! Darn you to heck!Ē

Lord Viper Scorpion

• Rep: 88
  • try to relax. don't let it get to you.

guyledouche

• Rep: -20
« Reply #537 on: January 08, 2022, 10:25:39 AM »
I've never purchased a pair and don't plan to, but I wonder what the ratio is between people who genuinely don't like Cariuma and people who hate Cariuma because it's cool to hate Cariuma. I doubt they're any worse than Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Converse, or Vans.

That reminds me, what brands are we allowed to buy in Q1 2022? Can I get a core report from the Gatekeepers Society? I haven't been here for a while and last I heard, all big brands were illegal, Polar was wack (and I assume Last Resort would be wack by association), and Lakai was once OK but is now wack.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #538 on: January 08, 2022, 11:00:11 AM »
I've never purchased a pair and don't plan to, but I wonder what the ratio is between people who genuinely don't like Cariuma and people who hate Cariuma because it's cool to hate Cariuma. I doubt they're any worse than Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Converse, or Vans.

That reminds me, what brands are we allowed to buy in Q1 2022? Can I get a core report from the Gatekeepers Society? I haven't been here for a while and last I heard, all big brands were illegal, Polar was wack (and I assume Last Resort would be wack by association), and Lakai was once OK but is now wack.

Steve, is that you?

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #539 on: January 08, 2022, 11:04:02 AM »

Gatekeepers society report incoming: your post is wack