Author Topic: Emerica - This  (Read 23960 times)

kilgoret

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
Re: Emerica - This
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2021, 01:17:43 AM »
XTREME.

imagine being as good at doing tricks as the last two guys and every single trick you do could paralyse or kill you and still only getting emerica money vs corpo loot. pretty insane if you think about it.

spanky was like a fish out of water in that thing. he is def on one tho. last switch slap was craze.

clearly not my thing, as emerica was never my thing but i enjoyed my one viewing. was gonna go cruise a bit, now after watching that, not so sure now.

also...as someone who briefly lived in lalaland, and those dudes just put out the curb clip, funny to think about that video and this one, all being in the same world/area. haha.

pops

• Rep: 220
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2021, 01:26:43 AM »
Good stuff, enjoyed it. Figgy and Provost killed it, usually I don't care neither but that part was good. I wish Victor can come back at least with some footy in the future. Must be scary to skate after that injury.

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -227
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2021, 02:26:07 AM »
I’ve got a soft spot for Spanky, but he hasn’t really been at “pro” level skating (yeah I know it’s subjective) for a long as time. He does the same shit with slight variations and the tricks aren’t impressive at because they so often seem to involved switch front 180s which are not the toughest. His style is kind of shit too. Damn, I’m a hater…being honest though. There must be plenty of others secretly thinking this too.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2021, 03:45:49 AM »
Jordan Powell is now a strong blip on my radar.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2021, 05:29:09 AM »
I’ve got a soft spot for Spanky, but he hasn’t really been at “pro” level skating (yeah I know it’s subjective) for a long as time. He does the same shit with slight variations and the tricks aren’t impressive at because they so often seem to involved switch front 180s which are not the toughest. His style is kind of shit too. Damn, I’m a hater…being honest though. There must be plenty of others secretly thinking this too.

I thought Spanky’s sw fs wallride 50 50 was the most amazing trick in the video. Sure he has his thing, but he’s very good at it.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #185 on: September 18, 2021, 06:27:22 AM »
That was enjoyable overall, and even though it was full of thrasher rock, it was more bearable than what I see in a lot of other videos.

I fucking love Figgy's skating so much. I know some people think he has an awkward/hunched style, but I think he looks great on a board and he still absolutely crushes shit. I can't imagine holding onto a fs smith on a kinked rail like that.

Anyone remember this Collin part lol?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgM9HafjnLI&ab_channel=Kflap01

LittleJerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -16
« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2021, 07:00:21 AM »
You're more than likely the only one thinking such a thing , and you sound like a dipshit .

newguy

« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2021, 07:48:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Super glad to see Victor Aceves fully skate again, though he had crazy injury similar to Mike Mo’s.
[close]

unfortunately that was old footage. he still can’t skate.
oddly enough there were a lot of pressure flips in a emerica video. for the love of god please make a full jordan powell part tim
[close]
We've got something dropping soon.

Expand Quote
@@Emerica TM

We need an update on Victor Aceves , is he finally recovering from his injuries?
[close]
Victor is starting to roll around and skating flat. Hoping for a full recovery!

Expand Quote
I've been waiting for this. Emerica is my favorite company and I love everything they put out. My favorite clip was Wimer's 180 5-0 down the UCI hubba. Can't wait for his part. I think it comes out sometime this year. Tim, can you please confirm?
[close]
One of my favorite clips I've filmed especially on UCI. Such a cool trick. Yeah, Wimer has a part in the next video alongside Winkowski and Baekkel which will be dropping here in a couple months.

Glad to see a lot of you guys enjoyed it. Everyone worked really hard on this one and stoked to have Miner back in the mix again.

Oh shit hey guys! Thanks for the sick video, editing and filming were beautiful, that intro was something else. When are we getting another Servold Dickson duo like in green? That video is burned in my brain  :)

assvogel

• Rep: 194
« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2021, 07:52:52 AM »
The nu-stoner/doom soundtrack is a thing that makes me wanna vert-button any skate movie, but powered through as the edit and skating was otherwise great.

Spankys wallride line and switch slappy were very sick, as was Dashawns EDIT: Jordan Powells ss frontside slip, that flip back smith, back smith flip line that was mentioned was awesome too. Leo had a huge noseslide TM ad in Thrasher, but the footage wasn't in this yet if I remember correctly.

Also, there is something warming to see Toy Machine/Foundation boards in Emerica videos.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 08:26:35 AM by assvogel »

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2021, 08:21:39 AM »
The nu-stoner/doom soundtrack is a thing that makes me wanna vert-button any skate movie, but powered through as the edit and skating was otherwise great.

Spankys wallride line and switch slappy were very sick, as was Dashawns ss frontside slip, that flip back smith, back smith flip line that was mentioned was awesome too. Leo had a huge noseslide TM ad in Thrasher, but the footage wasn't in this yet if I remember correctly.

Also, there is something warming to see Toy Machine/Foundation boards in Emerica videos.

Yikes.

assvogel

• Rep: 194
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2021, 08:27:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Yikes.
[close]
Shit, thanks for the correction, brain fart on while writing that on the phone! Jordan Powell of course.

conqueso

« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2021, 08:33:15 AM »
wimers 180 fakie 5-0 is insane. good watch but too many illegal tricks in this. enough with the street grabs and pressure flips.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2021, 08:39:09 AM »
Loved Spanky and Figgy's footage. Good stuff.

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2021, 08:46:47 AM »
Vid was dope start to finish. That Jordan Powell frontside flip was a thing of beauty that deified physics. I always forget how stacked that team is. Figgy and Provost are beasts. One thing I could do without is the sludgy stoner jam band soundtrack that just goes and goes.

FBK

• Rep: 0
« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2021, 08:51:39 AM »
PROVOST!

Nosebleed-section

• Rep: 30
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2021, 11:06:16 AM »
Modern day spanky is my favorite spanky
just nipples affiliate

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2021, 12:39:42 PM »
Maybe this should go in the unpopular opinion thread but I think Spanky's best part was in this is skateboarding. I also love Earthless and that kind of music. And say what you will about Collins drinking but you can't deny he's a footage machine and always has been. I also prefer stay gold figgy. Oh, and Wimer has the best flick in the game.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2021, 12:47:37 PM »
180 fakie 5-0 was fucked

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2021, 12:57:18 PM »
Dude, people here aying shit things about  spanky is just sad. Hes getting better and better. One of the bests in this video.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2021, 03:05:50 PM »
Spanky's best part was in this is skateboarding.
He was one of the best at that type of skating (making rails gaps looks effortless and graceful) at that time during TIS but I prefer modern day spanky. Feels like an expression of who he is rather than just doing what everyone is doing however well he did it.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2021, 03:25:32 PM »
There was quite a lot of fs smith grinds in This and I fucking loved every single one of them

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2021, 04:19:13 PM »
Spanky had 17 tricks. 12 were wallies.

Very well done video but it's harder for me to get into without the anticipation of Reynolds, Herman or Hsu parts. Still, great job Tim!

I wanna see an actual eS video. They need to solidify their team and make that happen.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2021, 05:04:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Spanky's best part was in this is skateboarding.
[close]
He was one of the best at that type of skating (making rails gaps looks effortless and graceful) at that time during TIS but I prefer modern day spanky. Feels like an expression of who he is rather than just doing what everyone is doing however well he did it.

Go rewatch his Baker 3 part. It’s the perfect mix of new and old Spanky. There’s a lot of tricks in that part (dark slides, pole jams, reverts out of bank slides/grinds) that all became popular in skating after that part.

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2021, 07:23:16 PM »
Anyone hating on modern spanky clearly has no fucking taste. He's aging like fine wine. I don't want to see him skate rails and sets because they're "hard." I want more wallies.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2021, 08:58:59 PM »
Anyone hating on modern spanky clearly has no fucking taste. He's aging like fine wine. I don't want to see him skate rails and sets because they're "hard." I want more wallies.

I concur!!! Love Spanky

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2021, 11:40:07 PM »
I‘m Club Sparky.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2021, 01:47:23 AM »
 Sparky is the best.

I always enjoying how big his board looks. I know he is on the smaller side but still. Looks like he's skating a boat.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

newguy

« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2021, 02:26:16 AM »
One of the older guys in my crew said spanky footage is an acquired taste, I think that’s true in a sense, younger skaters won’t really pay attention to his part because he’s not doing big obstacles and flip tricks. Personally I think his skating is relaxing to watch, and I like that he wallies everything in his path  :D

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2021, 03:05:41 AM »
One of the older guys in my crew said spanky footage is an acquired taste, I think that’s true in a sense, younger skaters won’t really pay attention to his part because he’s not doing big obstacles and flip tricks. Personally I think his skating is relaxing to watch, and I like that he wallies everything in his path  :D

I am an old skater growing up in the 90s when wallrides were illegal, and stopped skating before they became fashionable again. I skate again since 2020 and was baffled by how many wallrides were featured in modern skateparts. I find them fascinating because I don‘t have the faintest idea how to do them. On a related note I saw two younger (late 20s) dudes yesterday practicing no complys, another sight I have to get used to. If you were doing them in the 90s you were an eccentric outsider.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2021, 06:33:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I am an old skater growing up in the 90s when wallrides were illegal, and stopped skating before they became fashionable again. I skate again since 2020 and was baffled by how many wallrides were featured in modern skateparts. I find them fascinating because I don‘t have the faintest idea how to do them. On a related note I saw two younger (late 20s) dudes yesterday practicing no complys, another sight I have to get used to. If you were doing them in the 90s you were an eccentric outsider.
* Shows up to the park with their Zero 7.75 and black wheels after a 15 year break and can barely skate transition and cannot even begin to understand no complies, slappies, or wallrides *

Sorry if I come across as a dick lol, I have just heard some variation of this comment at various parks over the years and the guys inevitably look the same. Kind of like a skateboarding Rip Van Winkle.

Reminds me of the classic Seinfeld bit where Jerry says "all fathers dress in the fashion style of the last good year of their lives"

Must have been about 2004 for a lot of guys in their late 30s - mid-40s.