Author Topic: Most Depressing Thing In Skateboarding Right Now  (Read 25449 times)

switchfakie

Re: Most Depressing Thing In Skateboarding Right Now
« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2022, 06:38:46 AM »
I find what works for me to stay hyped on skateboarding is

skate alone with headphones. I want to fully tune out the world around me and just enjoy skating.

no skateparks

Do not talk to anyone who doesn't skate about skateboarding. I do not want to hear how Rodney Mullen would have won gold in the olympics or how crazy Nyjahs instagram is.

Do not watch or read anything that I know will bum me out. I will not watch any movie that has anything to do with skateboarding, berrics, any major news publication, etc.

Don't film any clips

Are you me? Minus the headphones

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2022, 06:41:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
eS' marketing team:

Fucking yikes.
[close]

Yea, the current state of es, is pretty depressing. This on top of the piss poor quality of their shoes fucking laughable. In a sad way. I really wish they made good shoes and weren't wack. I would skate the fuck out of a slightly less slim accel slim, that was a little stiffer, made well, with better materials, and had good insoles.
[close]

That’s a shame because I actually considered revisiting the Quattro.
[close]
still going to cop regardless of whether or not Kelly let the 40 year old intern write that description …

Let me know how the quality actually is.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2022, 06:58:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
eS' marketing team:

Fucking yikes.
[close]

Yea, the current state of es, is pretty depressing. This on top of the piss poor quality of their shoes fucking laughable. In a sad way. I really wish they made good shoes and weren't wack. I would skate the fuck out of a slightly less slim accel slim, that was a little stiffer, made well, with better materials, and had good insoles.
[close]

[close]
still going to cop regardless of whether or not Kelly let the 40 year old intern write that description …
[close]

Quality is acceptable on the all gray synthetic ones. I wouldn't buy them for $100, Active had them on sale for $30 during their moving sale. $60 seems like a fair price. Unfortunately, they run a full size smaller than other eS shoes, so I haven't skated them because I'd get hammertoes. Planning on giving them away to someone at the local, but bestowing shoes feels 75% more awkward than giving away hard goods.

P.S. My SO saw me wearing them and I didn't get laid. False advertising, as I also didn't get paid nor an upgrade.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 07:05:40 AM by PuffinMuffin »
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2022, 07:25:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
eS' marketing team:

Fucking yikes.
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Quality is acceptable on the all gray synthetic ones. I wouldn't buy them for $100, Active had them on sale for $30 during their moving sale. $60 seems like a fair price. Unfortunately, they run a full size smaller than other eS shoes, so I haven't skated them because I'd get hammertoes. Planning on giving them away to someone at the local, but bestowing shoes feels 75% more awkward than giving away hard goods.

P.S. My SO saw me wearing them and I didn't get laid. False advertising, as I also didn't get paid nor an upgrade.

They look like they’d give hammertoes or a pinky toe corn at the very least.

I don’t know why I still find myself pondering trying other shoes when I already know what works for me.

Sorry to hear the eS copywriter didn’t mail the persuasive aspect of writing marketing copy.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

sk8punk110

• Rep: -39
« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2022, 07:28:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
eS' marketing team:

Fucking yikes.
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Whats up with shoe companies releasing shit shoes when they could just re-release cool shit they have in the vault?
My pillowcase is made out of griptape.  That core enough for your punk ass?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2022, 10:06:27 AM »
When you get older and have more responsibilities and a damn skatepark session is all that is managable for you and your homies. I miss surfing through the streets and looking for spots and working on a clip.
IG: @flowterspace

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2022, 11:23:40 AM »
Taylor Silverman’s boardslides

cumlover84

• Rep: 3
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2022, 12:35:03 PM »
Definitely how many skaters don't have lives outside of skating I've met guys who are 33 and are still trying to go pro which bums me out because they sacrifice everything for this and skaters just being dicks in general every time I go to my local park I feel like I'm being judged by everyone which makes me want to skate even less

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2022, 12:40:00 PM »
Definitely how many skaters don't have lives outside of skating I've met guys who are 33 and are still trying to go pro which bums me out because they sacrifice everything for this and skaters just being dicks in general every time I go to my local park I feel like I'm being judged by everyone which makes me want to skate even less

33 is a bit old to try to pursue a pro career, or?
I don't know to be honest, I skate better with 31 as with 21.
IG: @flowterspace

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2022, 01:31:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pivot to tail isn’t a trick. Same with layback board slides on hubbas. If you put your bum down your no longer skateboarding
[close]

i don’t understand this logic... it’s like saying doing any grab isn’t a trick because you are touching the board
[close]
Have to refer to Greco's two touch rule. As long as only one part of your body touches the ground it's a make. As far as a layback board I guess only hand or bum but not both and you're good. Unless we're counting both cheeks separately.

That’s how I think about it to in my skateboarding. someone told me to look at the layback hubba thing like a Bartleman. I can see it now as a legitimate trick. It’s just not for me.

My least favorite version is one that “hippie “ kid on bones does. It’s like layback front board on a rail.

That’s how I would test the handrail as a kid. I definitely wouldn’t be filming it for people to see.

I could be making all this up in my mind tho. Im in hella bad mood
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #250 on: July 23, 2022, 11:28:56 AM »
I can't tell if printing your own trucks on a 3D printer is awesome or depressing, but I'll vote depressing since they're about the same.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #251 on: July 23, 2022, 01:41:02 PM »
Me at 34 at the skate park skating the box and bowl knowing that I can no longer risk injury to appease the man

bolts the snowman

• Rep: -37
    • follow @nycskatedaily on instagram! avatar image
« Reply #252 on: July 23, 2022, 01:45:30 PM »
the fact that bitch ass nyjah is still a thing and he hasnt been locked up yet. same for david loy and chase webb.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #253 on: July 23, 2022, 03:33:50 PM »
Social media
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker