Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383355 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #3240 on: March 11, 2024, 10:21:13 AM »
Expand Quote
The Gentleman on Netflix so far is the best gangster thing Guy Ritchie has done since his iconic ones.   It’s obviously not touching those two, but I’m enjoying it so far.    (Doesn’t seem to have any plot connections to his film The Gentlemen, but all I really remember that was the UK Grime music video scenes)
[close]

Im enjoying it so far (2 episodes in), love seeing characters from snatch and lock stock in this show

I’ve got 2 eps left and am still digging it.   Only thing it’s lacking is the killer soundtrack from his first two, but that’s no deal breaker

Steely Daniel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #3241 on: March 11, 2024, 11:10:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Getting a vibe Curb is going to end just like Seinfeld as a fun little FU to everyone for bitching about the Seinfeld Fjnale
[close]

Yeah, this is definitely headed towards another trial.

Also, it's fucking eery to see Richard Lewis on Curb now. RIP.

Yeah, there's been 2-3 characters who have referenced how Larry left Seinfeld but came back to do the finale and he seems to get more annoyed every time it comes up. Definitely setting something up.

And I didn't know Richard Lewis passed. Sad to hear. Especially with all the banter about putting each other in their wills. I thought his eyes looked so crazy and scary for some reason in the "from hell AA comedy set episode" though and now I feel bad.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3242 on: March 12, 2024, 12:18:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Getting a vibe Curb is going to end just like Seinfeld as a fun little FU to everyone for bitching about the Seinfeld Fjnale
[close]

[close]

Yeah, there's been 2-3 characters who have referenced how Larry left Seinfeld but came back to do the finale and he seems to get more annoyed every time it comes up. Definitely setting something up.

And I didn't know Richard Lewis passed. Sad to hear. Especially with all the banter about putting each other in their wills. I thought his eyes looked so crazy and scary for some reason in the "from hell AA comedy set episode" though and now I feel bad.

The sad thing about the finale is apparently their original script got leaked and so they had to scrap it.   Something to do with winning the lottery.

With the benefit of hindsight, having them all go to jail for being assholes is an amazing concept.   Plus, you get the Seinfeld in OZ video they did on SNL

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #3243 on: March 13, 2024, 05:45:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When I heard Richard Lewis passed, my first thought was literally "What is Larry going to do with all that money?" because I had watched the episode the day before.

It's sad he's gone, but also kind of an amazing way to go out for a comedian. I think he would have enjoyed that.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #3244 on: March 25, 2024, 11:59:23 AM »
I actually enjoyed 3 body problem, some CG scenes were questionable but overall pretty good show

Shtonk

• Rep: -196
« Reply #3245 on: March 25, 2024, 01:13:23 PM »
Canceling that crap and giving your money to MUBI is what sucks the least.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3246 on: March 27, 2024, 08:58:18 AM »
Not good, but fun: Road House remake.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3247 on: March 27, 2024, 09:29:16 AM »

It’s weird.   Started off hot garbage, but then turned a corner to being a fine lazy afternoon movie.   Connor was baffling though

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #3248 on: March 27, 2024, 09:40:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s weird.   Started off hot garbage, but then turned a corner to being a fine lazy afternoon movie.   Connor was baffling though

Im a huge jake gyllenhaal fan, and when I saw post malone and connor was in it, I had to hard pass.  I did find that move Life on Prime that also had gyllenhaal and it was pretty good

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #3249 on: March 27, 2024, 09:48:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It was pretty much exactly what I expected to be. Dumb but watchable.

McGregor is extremely unlikeable, almost to the point of distraction. I read someone comment that he had the worst fake Irish accent they had ever heard, which is funny.

The overall plot is super dumb but is fine if you turn off your brain. Could have done without the weird CGI bits. Is it really easier to have someone render, light, and animate a kayak falling from a ceiling than it would be to hang a kayak and cut a rope?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3250 on: March 27, 2024, 10:14:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It was pretty much exactly what I expected to be. Dumb but watchable.

McGregor is extremely unlikeable, almost to the point of distraction. I read someone comment that he had the worst fake Irish accent they had ever heard, which is funny.

The overall plot is super dumb but is fine if you turn off your brain. Could have done without the weird CGI bits. Is it really easier to have someone render, light, and animate a kayak falling from a ceiling than it would be to hang a kayak and cut a rope?

That didn’t bother me as much as in the first fight (post Malone) the use of cgi to make punches land was weird looking.   

Connor kept that stupid grin on the whole time and waddled around like he just got off a horse and the end turned into him and Jake fighting like it was Peter Griffin vs the Chicken