Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 42697 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1140 on: February 13, 2023, 09:25:52 AM »
Aw man , you missed a big NWA show in Tampa over the weekend.

Ah bummer.

I probably won’t get to go to a show until New Japan comes back to the ECW Arena in April.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 24
« Reply #1141 on: February 13, 2023, 11:24:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm going to Japan to work at the end of May and I might be there for Battle of the Super Juniors. That would be amazing.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 849
« Reply #1142 on: February 13, 2023, 07:38:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Whose got your favorite entrance in wrestling right now?
[close]

Bray Wyatt's current entrance

Just kidding. It's awful.

Currently, we've only been watching WWE as it's the easiest for us to watch based on our schedules. It's been 10 years since I saw him on ROH but I'd still also concur with BFRD and say Dalton Castle. That guy is awesome.

Dalton & the boys have been pretty over on AEW but for some reason TK seems hesitant to push them. Dalton beating Cody for the belt is one of my favorite ROH moments ever and one of the better "genuinely shocked" crowd reactions I've seen. I always say a big part of why I like him is that he reminds me of Goldust, who's one of my favorite characters ever. They both have this outlandish, slightly silly gimmick but once the bell rings they turn it on and just fuckin go. As soon as Dalton slips his hips under yours they might as well start a countdown to take-off because you're going for a ride. Awesome finisher too.

SHAQUEEFA have you thought about doing the Jeri-cruise? I watched some stuff from this one and it looks like a blast. I checked the prices and it's actually pretty affordable for 2 people. I might legitimately consider doing it next year if I'm still this into wrestling.

Watching some FMW/W*NG/IWA Japan and ECW tonight. Mike Awesome was something else... I've never seen anyone else effortlessly powerbomb 250 pound men while standing on the top rope. He's got a lot in common with The Spoiler and young Taker in the way he uses the ropes, but he could do even more. I guess Lance Archer would be the closest thing today, but hes not on Awesome's level.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #1143 on: February 14, 2023, 04:23:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Currently, we've only been watching WWE as it's the easiest for us to watch based on our schedules. It's been 10 years since I saw him on ROH but I'd still also concur with BFRD and say Dalton Castle. That guy is awesome.
[close]

Dalton & the boys have been pretty over on AEW but for some reason TK seems hesitant to push them. Dalton beating Cody for the belt is one of my favorite ROH moments ever and one of the better "genuinely shocked" crowd reactions I've seen. I always say a big part of why I like him is that he reminds me of Goldust, who's one of my favorite characters ever. They both have this outlandish, slightly silly gimmick but once the bell rings they turn it on and just fuckin go. As soon as Dalton slips his hips under yours they might as well start a countdown to take-off because you're going for a ride. Awesome finisher too.

SHAQUEEFA have you thought about doing the Jeri-cruise? I watched some stuff from this one and it looks like a blast. I checked the prices and it's actually pretty affordable for 2 people. I might legitimately consider doing it next year if I'm still this into wrestling.

Watching some FMW/W*NG/IWA Japan and ECW tonight. Mike Awesome was something else... I've never seen anyone else effortlessly powerbomb 250 pound men while standing on the top rope. He's got a lot in common with The Spoiler and young Taker in the way he uses the ropes, but he could do even more. I guess Lance Archer would be the closest thing today, but hes not on Awesome's level.

I think it’s bc Dalton and the Boys are ROH belt holders and he’s been trying not to mix the two rosters as much after fan interest flagged

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1144 on: February 14, 2023, 06:49:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think it’s bc Dalton and the Boys are ROH belt holders and he’s been trying not to mix the two rosters as much after fan interest flagged

I dunno, even like back when he was still mixing lots of ROH stuff in they didn't get a ton of love. I think they were pretty much over after the Gresham match in the spring, I remember him getting a surprise big pop in that battle royal and there being some general IWC hype but the closest thing to a push he got was getting competitively jobbed out to Jericho in the ppv build a few months ago. Obviously I'm not impartial, but it feels like one of those layups they just refuse to shoot for some reason. I bet he could move merch like Danhausen too, I'd definitely drop $20 on a boy mask.

I honestly think TK just isn't a fan for whatever reason. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. The guy can talk, Wrestle his ass off, and makes new fans every time he's on TV. We've long known that Tony books like a kid playing with his wrestling figures and I get the feeling Dalton is the one he got from the dollar store clearance rack that all his friends want to play with and he doesn't understand why.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1145 on: February 14, 2023, 07:45:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I dunno, even like back when he was still mixing lots of ROH stuff in they didn't get a ton of love. I think they were pretty much over after the Gresham match in the spring, I remember him getting a surprise big pop in that battle royal and there being some general IWC hype but the closest thing to a push he got was getting competitively jobbed out to Jericho in the ppv build a few months ago. Obviously I'm not impartial, but it feels like one of those layups they just refuse to shoot for some reason. I bet he could move merch like Danhausen too, I'd definitely drop $20 on a boy mask.

I honestly think TK just isn't a fan for whatever reason. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. The guy can talk, Wrestle his ass off, and makes new fans every time he's on TV. We've long known that Tony books like a kid playing with his wrestling figures and I get the feeling Dalton is the one he got from the dollar store clearance rack that all his friends want to play with and he doesn't understand why.

Hah so you’re accusing Tony of using the most maddening tactic of VKM.   Jk

I like them and def would want to see them featured more on national tv like you.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1146 on: February 14, 2023, 07:46:28 PM »
Also, territory boys, not one mention that Jerry Jarrett passed away today?!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1147 on: February 15, 2023, 03:17:38 PM »
Also, territory boys, not one mention that Jerry Jarrett passed away today?!

I didn't see it til this morning, we had the first nice day in a while so I spent most of it skating around and running errands. Jerry was a good wrestler, very emblematic of the 70's style, but a truly great booker and mind. I don't have time to really give him a proper send off at the moment but somewhere out there theres a clip of Scott Bowden (RIP as well) and Jim Cornette debating (tongue in cheek) whether or not Mil Mascaras ever worked Memphis. Bowden calls Jerry to get the scoop straight from the booker, at which point Cornette hilariously tries to gaslight Jerry just to avoid admitting defeat. Its some fantastic listening.

I really hope they give him some love on Dynamite. I think they'll give him a shout out on commentary, but it would be cool to see a graphic or a short video package or something. I know TK is more of a 90s dude but he seems to have some reverence for the old stuff, plus there's Jeff's involvement with the office there now.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #1148 on: February 15, 2023, 06:32:39 PM »
Starting to get into NXT. Realized I really like Ilja Dragunov  & want to see more. I’m going to go back & watch this historic match with him VS Gunther (then Walter).

As a result, ordered a Dragunov figure for the shelf….

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1149 on: February 15, 2023, 09:58:24 PM »
Glad they gave Jerry a good bit of love and let Jeff do his thing. I have a feeling that match is going to be boring to some people but it reminded me a lot of the multi-man tags they'd book at the end of Memphis shows. I enjoyed it, and I'm kind of a Satnam fan. He has a personality and seems to be able to do everything they give him to do, so I'm curious to see if he ever puts it all together. Dude is definitely a hell of an athlete and his size makes shit like clotheslines look absolutely devastating. I do think he needs new gear that better highlights just how big he is.

Oh my fucking God. Moxley really needs to take that vacation. I am so sick of seeing him in these pointless bloody brawls every fucking week. This isn't czw. Just stop. It was old 6 months ago, at this point it's straight up pissing me off. You have Miro and Lance Archer sitting at home playing with their buttholes while you give this shit 20 minutes every week.

Then they had Wheely Useless and Kip Sabellerina on and I just couldn't do it anymore. I turned it off. Dunno if I'll go back and finish it in the morning or just watch highlights...im pretty bummed on the state of AEW TV the last few weeks, it feels like a lot of spinning wheels and the list of talent we haven't seen in months gets longer every week.

Starting to get into NXT. Realized I really like Ilja Dragunov  & want to see more. I’m going to go back & watch this historic match with him VS Gunther (then Walter).

As a result, ordered a Dragunov figure for the shelf….

They actually did that one twice if you didn't know, and they're both amazing matches. I consider them modern classics and some of the best examples of meshing classic storytelling, catch wrestling, and modern indy strong style. You can make a very convincing argument that they're the pinnacle of NXT matches and represent the spirit of the brand better than anything else.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1150 on: February 16, 2023, 08:10:36 AM »
Mark Briscoe is All Elite.

I really do hope the team him with FTR. It’s what’s best for business.

I’m watching bunkhouse stampede right now and wonder if WWE could possibly reboot that or if they already did with the elimination chamber.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1151 on: February 17, 2023, 01:17:23 PM »

I’m watching bunkhouse stampede right now and wonder if WWE could possibly reboot that or if they already did with the elimination chamber.

Ahh the annual Dusty beats everyone tournament!
I guess elimination chamber is the closest thing, but the format of the bunkhouse stampede actually wasn't entirely consistent and changed from year to year, or even town to town haha. It was all basically just Dusty's dream match, right down to damn near everyone blading and the weird obsession with "bunkhouse" matches where everyone dresses up in old clothes for some reason.

Are you watching 88? That was one of the first things I watched when I got peacock last year and it's pretty hilarious. Warlord is so roided out he looks like he's going to float away and the crowd just totally turns on them part way through. Its weird but there's actually not a lot of video of them outside of the 88 finals. I did find this of one of the 86 ones which is kinda cool

bardcore

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1152 on: February 17, 2023, 01:51:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I guess elimination chamber is the closest thing, but the format of the bunkhouse stampede actually wasn't entirely consistent and changed from year to year, or even town to town haha. It was all basically just Dusty's dream match, right down to damn near everyone blading and the weird obsession with "bunkhouse" matches where everyone dresses up in old clothes for some reason.

Are you watching 88? That was one of the first things I watched when I got peacock last year and it's pretty hilarious. Warlord is so roided out he looks like he's going to float away and the crowd just totally turns on them part way through. Its weird but there's actually not a lot of video of them outside of the 88 finals. I did find this of one of the 86 ones which is kinda cool

If you talk brawling in the bunk
And don't mention Terry
You're faking the funk
It's how Texans get down
Jeans and boots
Knock the other around
But one team won't dress the part
Road Warriors kayfabe
Tights too tight to fart

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1153 on: February 17, 2023, 07:56:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
And don't mention Terry
You're faking the funk
It's how Texans get down
Jeans and boots
Knock the other around
Road Warriors kayfabe
Tights too tight to fart

I appreciate your knowledge of old wrestling but this is the worst novelty account I've seen on slap yet. I'm just gonna be brutally honest here man, rhyming your posts is not a new or creative idea to begin with and the execution is on par with my friends alcoholic single dad "rapping" while he cooked us breakfast. It might seem witty to to you but let me demonstrate how dumb it sounds to everyone else..

How you gonna make your name a bard pun
and then not write your posts in iambic pentameter, son?

If you wanna do a novelty account here that's cool (sizzla is one of the most beloved posters after all), but this ain't the one. Just hop on your regular account and talk wrasslin without the schtick man.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1154 on: February 17, 2023, 08:08:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
And don't mention Terry
You're faking the funk
It's how Texans get down
Jeans and boots
Knock the other around
Road Warriors kayfabe
Tights too tight to fart
[close]

I appreciate your knowledge of old wrestling but this is the worst novelty account I've seen on slap yet. I'm just gonna be brutally honest here man, rhyming your posts is not a new or creative idea to begin with and the execution is on par with my friends alcoholic single dad "rapping" while he cooked us breakfast. It might seem witty to to you but let me demonstrate how dumb it sounds to everyone else..

How you gonna make your name a bard pun
and then not write your posts in iambic pentameter, son?

If you wanna do a novelty account here that's cool (sizzla is one of the most beloved posters after all), but this ain't the one. Just hop on your regular account and talk wrasslin without the schtick man.

I’m gonna go ahead and say it…Road Warrior Hawk’s singles matches should’ve been fire. Instead they were all disappointing and ended in dq’s every time.

Which shoot interviews are more entertaining…Ole Anderson’s or ones where people shoot on Abby?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1155 on: February 17, 2023, 09:27:49 PM »

I’m gonna go ahead and say it…Road Warrior Hawk’s singles matches should’ve been fire. Instead they were all disappointing and ended in dq’s every time.

Which shoot interviews are more entertaining…Ole Anderson’s or ones where people shoot on Abby?

1986 Hawk one-handed military pressing dudes could have been something, but i guess he was one of those guys who didn't really love the business and sorta treated it like a job. He made his money and left, didn't seem interested in the booking or politics as much as the top guys back then typically were. I don't know what a Hawk singles run could really look like though, he was always booked so strong that it makes building a credible opponent without bringing him down is really tough to do. His matches almost have to end in a win or dq but it's boring when someone always wins, so you end up with all the dqs and run ins. That's a tough one for sure.

Hey atiba, I know we were talking battle royals the other day and I stumbled across this fun little one.

They used to do empty the locker room BRs on house shows all the time going back to the wwwf days, but when John Nord came in they gave him this ridiculous berserker gimmick where he doesn't understand how to pin someone so he just throws them over the top and out of the ring. It was a perfect match. I'm pretty sure they ran this on the loop to try and get Nord over but even 8 year old me was like "ok so how is he supposed to win a title?"

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1156 on: February 18, 2023, 09:51:41 PM »
Gave in and pirate streamed some of EC. I have to admit I cracked up at the crowd just going silent and shaking its head after the pin in the main event. Pretty stupid ending with all the ref bumps and run ins, but I guess that's what Vince likes. One has to wonder if they wouldn't have put a belt on Sami had they not (reportedly) promised Cody a mania main event to jump ship .

Tony Khan is fighting with Ariel Helwani on Twitter. He's losing it. I know the ratings are in the dumper and your locker room is unhappy enough to be loudly complaining on social media (again) but its not because a reporter went to a ppv in his hometown.

Gonna watch this NJPW ppv til I fall asleep. There's worse ways to spend a Saturday night than watching Okada and Tanahashi. Always nice to hear Ian Rickyboners on commentary too, hes basically a young Kevin Kelly.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1157 on: February 18, 2023, 10:24:42 PM »
Well I think it’s because Ariel is a known hack (whose agent was Nick Kahn before he jumped to WWE) and has a history of taking money from UFC and now WWE in secret when he’s supposed to be an “unbiased journalist” who definitely had more of an agenda interviewing Tony Kahn than any of his other interviews.   

Ariel just seems like a hack like all these other “independent” journalists who hype up the E just so they can get a job with it.   

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1158 on: February 19, 2023, 04:18:11 PM »

Love all the recommendations for videos. Anybody else have any good books about pro wrestling? Recently been fueling the obsession with the first Mick Foley autobiography, Sabu: scars, silence and super glue autobiography,  the Bobby the Brain Heenan autobiography, and Butts in Seats by Tony Schiavone, and Hell is a Squared circle graphic novels. I’ve also picked up some issues of the comic book Do a Powerbomb!
All very cool and unique reads

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1159 on: February 19, 2023, 09:10:41 PM »

Love all the recommendations for videos. Anybody else have any good books about pro wrestling? Recently been fueling the obsession with the first Mick Foley autobiography, Sabu: scars, silence and super glue autobiography,  the Bobby the Brain Heenan autobiography, and Butts in Seats by Tony Schiavone, and Hell is a Squared circle graphic novels. I’ve also picked up some issues of the comic book Do a Powerbomb!
All very cool and unique reads

Jericho's first book is similar to have a nice day and almost as good. Much like Mick, his voice comes through very strongly and you can tell he legitimately wrote it. Bret's book is pretty well regarded but it didn't do as much for me as those two. Really cool how you're devouring material like that. It's such a fascinating world and even 30 years later I still felt like a kid reading wrestling mags with a flashlight when I was reading the first few chapters of Jericho's book.

Well I think it’s because Ariel is a known hack (whose agent was Nick Kahn before he jumped to WWE) and has a history of taking money from UFC and now WWE in secret when he’s supposed to be an “unbiased journalist” who definitely had more of an agenda interviewing Tony Kahn than any of his other interviews.   

Ariel just seems like a hack like all these other “independent” journalists who hype up the E just so they can get a job with it.   

That's all irrelevant to me. He shouldn't be worrying about what a reporter is doing, let alone getting into a social media beef with them about it. It just comes off as whiny rich kid lashing out because his ratings are in the toilet while his competition's are rising. It's every bit as dumb as Vince "feuding" with Stan Kroenke because he's not as big as the NBA.

In honor of Lanny here's some Memphis fun with Poffomania (Lanny and Randy) against the Rock n Roll express. The mid south crowd is hot as usual, and all 4 guys are in their physical prime, and in the second clip we get the great Lance Russell on commentary. First clip has Randy Hales who was super enthusiastic and passionate but always sounded like a bit of a bumpkin to me. Great stuff.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 09:20:30 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1160 on: February 19, 2023, 09:17:22 PM »
I don’t think he’s worrying, just making a point about Ariel’s very different tone he struck with AEW then he did with WWE and his you see what the real reason behind it was. 

Tony just made one tweet, it’s not like he’s restructured his show to be around it.   

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1161 on: February 20, 2023, 11:48:23 PM »
I don’t think he’s worrying, just making a point about Ariel’s very different tone he struck with AEW then he did with WWE and his you see what the real reason behind it was. 

Tony just made one tweet, it’s not like he’s restructured his show to be around it.   

"You're a fraud" is a lot closer to a sulking spoiled manbaby lashing out than a billionaire company owner making a fair critique of someone's work in my book. It's pretty obvious that it's sour grapes because of his shitty interview but, much like what got him into that situation, he only has himself to blame for that.

Rampage is on pace to be dropping out of the top 50 cable shows on Friday night and dynamite isn't doing so hot either. If I'm him I'm putting 100% of my time and energy into fixing that. There is zero to be gained by making bitchy tweets that reek of inferiority syndrome at a time when you're rapidly losing ground in your fight to be seen as a legit competitor to Vince. AEW has been a train wreck for the past year and he's looking a lot less like Jim Crockett and a lot more like Herb Abrams lately. I half expect to see this play out with Samoa Joe, Tony, and Sammy Guevara any day now.

Actually I'd love to see that now that I think about it...

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1162 on: February 22, 2023, 05:39:58 AM »

Goddamnit Tony. I can't believe this is the card for the flagship show.

Moxley vs Evil fuckin Uno, A tag team battle royale, 3 "we'll hear from" segments, a rampage match, and then the acclaimed because they're the only thing that's really over at the moment.

This is not good. Dynamite a year ago was like Hangman vs Danielson, Lucha bros vs Jurassic Express, Malakai being a modern day Kevin Sullivan, the Punk/wardlow/MJF stuff, etc etc etc. The only thing that you can say has improved is the women's division, but that's a slight improvement while massively dropping off in the most important areas. Sure, the matches are usually good, but thats not enough when the booking is so uneven. They have the sports part down pat, but they're really striking out on the entertainment front lately.

I don't want to come off like I have anything against them, quite the contrary actually..im pointing this stuff out because I genuinely want AEW to succeed so, so much. It's what got me back into wrestling and when it's good it's VERY good, but those good moments have been frustratingly sparse (and getting fewer and farther between) for a while now and Tony seems completely devoid of any ideas to fix it. Every time he seems to maybe be getting back on track he runs out of steam after a few weeks and defaults back to the same tired shit that got him there and then gets offended when people criticize said tired shit.

I remember hearing that one of the things that kept Memphis interesting for so long was that every 6 months or so they'd switch bookers. Mostly Lawler and Jerry Jarrett, but there were others involved at times iirc. It made it so the booking was always familiar but still stayed somewhat fresh and the fans got a little bit of everything. I really, really think it's time for someone else to get the pencil. Fuck it, if you want to stick it to the fed throw a bunch of money at Gabe Sapolsky and see if he's got any ROH magic left.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 06:47:52 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1163 on: February 22, 2023, 01:48:57 PM »
Here’s an interesting watch for you.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1164 on: February 22, 2023, 05:23:54 PM »
Maybe I’m just partial to that NXT roster that got me back into it, but I liked Lars Sullivan as a big man monster.   

He was obviously limited in the ring as most were, but he was scary looking in the way Braun and Omos and Khali never were.   

Surprised VKM never took to him but I forget if his “personal issues” are what actually disqualified him or if it was lack of creative first

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #1165 on: February 22, 2023, 05:30:58 PM »
No more Jericho fueds we’re begging you tony khan

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1166 on: February 22, 2023, 05:40:26 PM »
Maybe I’m just partial to that NXT roster that got me back into it, but I liked Lars Sullivan as a big man monster.   

He was obviously limited in the ring as most were, but he was scary looking in the way Braun and Omos and Khali never were.   

Surprised VKM never took to him but I forget if his “personal issues” are what actually disqualified him or if it was lack of creative first

Being terrible in the ring makes personal issues even more of a deal breaker.

On an unrelated note, here’s the best match almost no one has seen.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1167 on: February 22, 2023, 07:22:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Right but in NXT at that time, people weren’t exposed too much so he had an occasional squash, but you’d see him on some Takeovers that I thought he did what was asked of him well.   I don’t even remember most of his personal issues, but I know I’m not sad that he didn’t go - he just seemed like he would have been a Vince Slam Dunk

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1168 on: February 22, 2023, 11:10:26 PM »
Didn't watch Dynamite. Sorry TK but you have to do better than OC vs Wheely Useless to be appointment viewing. I might watch it in the morning but there was nothing on the card that appealed to me except maybe a mild interest in seeing big bill actually wrestle again.

Expand Quote

[close]

Holy shit yeah I haven't seen that before but it was incredible haha. Awesome match, that would be considered a banger even by today's standards so it was about 20-25 years ahead of it's time. Man Scorp was something else.. all that high flying innovation was kinda lost on the bookers at the time and he never really got the push he deserved but I loved him back in the 90s and still do today. The crazy part to me is he did all that progressive shit while weighing north of 250 at times, not a small dude at all. According to Foley and a few others, when he took his gear off his legs were big as tree trunks - all 3 of them.

He couldn't really cut a promo (outside of profanity laced ECW ones of course) and didn't really "play the game" at a time when backstage politics were super influential which probably held him back, but I guess he's kind of his generation's version of The Spoiler - probably way more influential than he'll ever get credit for.

Watching Benoit matches is such a conflicting feeling. And a good way to segue into another dark side topic.. I've had the best of Florida on for the last two days and there was this big super jacked dude I didn't really remember so I looked him up....Ed "the Bull" Gantner....his wiki reads like a movie script.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gantner

Other highlights of my trip to Florida have been Sam Bass putting a saddle on Barry Windham and riding him in the middle of the ring, Jake and Kevin Sullivan doing joint promos and an angle that involved Kevin dressing Jake up as Santa, and 4 different people calling someone an "egg sucking dog" so far.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1169 on: February 23, 2023, 12:49:04 AM »
Scorpio has never received the mainstream plaudits he deserved