Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 41918 times)

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1380 on: May 03, 2023, 12:10:53 PM »
AEW tonight. MJF will be in action which rule. JAS is continually the worse.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #1381 on: May 03, 2023, 12:22:51 PM »
36k in presales at Wembley

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1382 on: May 03, 2023, 12:35:35 PM »

Listen, I hope they sell a lot more. I just am doubtful.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1383 on: May 03, 2023, 12:40:57 PM »
Anyone played Fire Pro Wrestling for PS4? It’s got all New Japan people on the roster.

Game is ridiculously hard though, you’ll never win a grapple.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1384 on: May 03, 2023, 12:49:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sure they will.  That’s pre-sale and before a card is even announced and Tony us def going to put a few Dream matches on there.   

Edit: 43k now.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 02:50:05 PM by Atiba Applebum »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1385 on: May 04, 2023, 06:27:39 AM »
AEW Dynamite last night was pretty terrible. Watched the whole thing & even the promo with MJF leading up to the main event was weak. Wardlow squash match reminded me how much I don’t like him & Arn Anderson coming out 2 minutes later after him being announced was just silly. Glad to see Christian Cage is playing head games with him…. Also, the House Of Black Promo made zero sense & is a reminder that many of these superstars have zero promo/mic  skills.

I will say the Omega VS Moxley cage match could be cool but I’m not holding my breath.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1386 on: May 05, 2023, 03:58:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sure they will.  That’s pre-sale and before a card is even announced and Tony us def going to put a few Dream matches on there.   

Edit: 43k now.

60k!

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1387 on: May 07, 2023, 05:39:02 PM »
Dominik Mysterio needs a title run. He gets 2021 MJF heat.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1388 on: May 07, 2023, 09:08:32 PM »

But they don’t do the 24/7 belt anymore

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 27
« Reply #1389 on: May 08, 2023, 07:59:34 AM »
It's crazy to think that two of the best performers in WWE right now are Bad Bunny and Logan Paul.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1390 on: May 08, 2023, 08:12:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dominik should get the full blown Universal Championship.

They should give it to Nakamura first, then eventually let Dominik beat him for it in a passing of the torch.

There’s a wrestling hot take for you.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1391 on: May 08, 2023, 11:55:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dominik should get the full blown Universal Championship.

They should give it to Nakamura first, then eventually let Dominik beat him for it in a passing of the torch.

There’s a wrestling hot take for you.

No way. Gunther is next. I’d like to see him get it, then go back & forth with Rhodes & soon, Jey Uso. He’s getting ready to go the singles route. Solo is also championship material. Dom is still nowhere close. Here’s to hoping Imperium gets a boost too.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1392 on: May 09, 2023, 09:52:32 AM »
Lesnar vs Rhodes continues.

Rollins as New Heavyweight Champion?! I’ll take it. Rollins rules.

Happy to see Imperium in action last night. Gunther is making his Raw coming next week.
Really thinking JD will challenge for the championship since there was no mention of him last night….those two have a history as well.

Also, came across this. This is a classic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FPTemrD73-w&pp=ygUWd2FsdGVyIHZzIHdpbGwgb3NwcmVheQ%3D%3D

« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 06:08:01 PM by Mr. Kamikazi »

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1393 on: May 10, 2023, 10:04:45 PM »
Just got back from Dynamite/Rampage. Great lineup of matches but attendance and energy were notably down from last time they came through. Last time was their first time in Detroit and it was Blood and Guts so that’s to be expected, but I was basically this guy in my part of the nosebleed section:

Though I did sneak down to the lower seats during Rampage because a ton of people emptied out.

Christian got far and away the loudest, longest reaction of the night with his promo. Couldn’t hear a word over the boos. He still rules.

Loved the Claudio/Fenix match and the trios match. Was pleasantly surprised by Anna Jay and Julia Hart. Main event was tight but I feel like I got the better version last year with Blood and Guts.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1394 on: May 11, 2023, 04:11:11 AM »
Just got back from Dynamite/Rampage. Great lineup of matches but attendance and energy were notably down from last time they came through. Last time was their first time in Detroit and it was Blood and Guts so that’s to be expected, but I was basically this guy in my part of the nosebleed section:

Though I did sneak down to the lower seats during Rampage because a ton of people emptied out.

Christian got far and away the loudest, longest reaction of the night with his promo. Couldn’t hear a word over the boos. He still rules.

Loved the Claudio/Fenix match and the trios match. Was pleasantly surprised by Anna Jay and Julia Hart. Main event was tight but I feel like I got the better version last year with Blood and Guts.

Watched last night & the only match I missed was Claudio vs Fenix which by the reviews I am reading I would have enjoyed. The cage match was decent, what I would have expected by I am assuming that the Callis betrayal was the way to keep this match in the fans thoughts for more than 1 night. Christian Cage is solid though he did appear to make a couple of errors on the microphone. Right off of the bat if I remember correctly. I would be happy to see him dethrone Wardlow as I am not a fan at all. Also reading that he was charging or allowing to be charged an astronomical amount of money at an event & no one stopping by is hilarious. Christian is championship material. Always has been.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1395 on: May 11, 2023, 04:23:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Watched last night & the only match I missed was Claudio vs Fenix which by the reviews I am reading I would have enjoyed. The cage match was decent, what I would have expected by I am assuming that the Callis betrayal was the way to keep this match in the fans thoughts for more than 1 night. Christian Cage is solid though he did appear to make a couple of errors on the microphone. Right off of the bat if I remember correctly. I would be happy to see him dethrone Wardlow as I am not a fan at all. Also reading that he was charging or allowing to be charged an astronomical amount of money at an event & no one stopping by is hilarious. Christian is championship material. Always has been.

Wardlow was overcharging, not Christian, right?

That Christian/Kenny Omega match where he won the TNA belt a year ago was a good match, right?   I missed his good years but that match let me see what I missed

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1396 on: May 12, 2023, 06:17:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Wardlow was overcharging, not Christian, right?

That Christian/Kenny Omega match where he won the TNA belt a year ago was a good match, right?   I missed his good years but that match let me see what I missed

Correct, Wardlow was overcharging. As far as Christian Cage I’m not sure about the TNA belt as I’m referring to his run in WWE as he was very solid & put on great matches. One that comes to mind is a ladder match he had with Shelton Benjamin & I believe Kofi Kingston (?) for the now defunct ECW championship. It’s a wild match as Christian cross body dropped through a ladder which just snapped. Wild they pulled that off.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1397 on: May 13, 2023, 05:03:33 AM »
Looks like it’ll be Rollins & Styles in Saudi Arabia for the new Heavyweight Championship. Reigns & Solo going for tag team titles too. This event should be the one that ends the Bloodline.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1398 on: May 13, 2023, 06:28:06 AM »
Looks like it’ll be Rollins & Styles in Saudi Arabia for the new Heavyweight Championship. Reigns & Solo going for tag team titles too. This event should be the one that ends the Bloodline.

If they’re keeping the title on Roman until next WM, Bloodline has to remain even if Jey breaks off

Fantasy booking irrelevant of age and condition and companies - have Samoa Joe be the one to dethrone Roman because he’s always been the outsider Samoan who hasn’t been able to trade in on WWE/Anoi’i legacy.    Obviously that would make more sense with a Joe from the ROH days, but having him be the Bloodline’s Hound that they use to dirty work so they don’t dirty their “Royal” hands but he eventually turns on them would be cool imo.   The Sami Zayn stuff was fine, but felt like a retread of a Mick Foley Attitude era storyline

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1399 on: May 14, 2023, 01:00:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If they’re keeping the title on Roman until next WM, Bloodline has to remain even if Jey breaks off

Fantasy booking irrelevant of age and condition and companies - have Samoa Joe be the one to dethrone Roman because he’s always been the outsider Samoan who hasn’t been able to trade in on WWE/Anoi’i legacy.    Obviously that would make more sense with a Joe from the ROH days, but having him be the Bloodline’s Hound that they use to dirty work so they don’t dirty their “Royal” hands but he eventually turns on them would be cool imo.   The Sami Zayn stuff was fine, but felt like a retread of a Mick Foley Attitude era storyline

Interesting take. Can’t say I’m a fan of Samoa Joe or see him leaving AEW.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1400 on: May 14, 2023, 01:57:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh no not all, but I remember when he was first brought up to the main roster, he had such an awesome air of menace and felt like he could have beat Roman or Brock at the time, if booking and injuries didn’t get in the way

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1401 on: May 14, 2023, 06:03:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh no not all, but I remember when he was first brought up to the main roster, he had such an awesome air of menace and felt like he could have beat Roman or Brock at the time, if booking and injuries didn’t get in the way

Yes, he was in several main events. One that comes to mind is that fatal 4 way where Lesnar left because he had the announce table flipped on him but then he came bs k out & won.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1402 on: May 14, 2023, 07:01:07 PM »
I’m still waiting for Montez Ford’s HBK singles career.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1403 on: May 23, 2023, 10:39:19 AM »
Cody brutally destroyed again by Lesnar. I am thinking what will happen is he will wrestle at NOC, win & then Brock Lesnar will turn face again & push Rhodes. That is my guess/hope. I did enjoy the Bronson Reed & Ricochet match. Definitely can see Reed getting a nice push.

I just want to see more Gunther. Imperium wrestled last night against Zayne, Owens & Riddle but I need more.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1404 on: May 25, 2023, 12:51:26 PM »
Dynamite was not too good. I did like Cassidy match & he’s growing on me. Otherwise I just couldn’t get into it. Even MJF seemed over it. Mic skills were looooow……

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1405 on: May 25, 2023, 01:13:49 PM »
Dynamite was not too good. I did like Cassidy match & he’s growing on me. Otherwise I just couldn’t get into it. Even MJF seemed over it. Mic skills were looooow……

Aussie Open is All Elite.  They are very good. 

Fun to see Sabu back

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #1406 on: May 25, 2023, 07:30:48 PM »
I don't follow wrestling, but I love this instagram page

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1407 on: May 25, 2023, 11:47:22 PM »

MJF has been writing the 4 Pillars storyline.    I think you might be projecting

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #1408 on: May 25, 2023, 11:55:12 PM »
I'm working in Tokyo this week and I'm going to New Japan Best of Super Juniors tonight and Sunday. I'm so fucking stoked.  to see Okada and Ishii.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #1409 on: May 26, 2023, 12:49:12 AM »
The card for tonight:

Tag Team Match
BULLET CLUB (Clark Connors & Gedo) vs. TMDK (Kosei Fujita & Robbie Eagles)

Tag Team Match
Tomoaki Honma & Toru Yano vs. United Empire (Aaron Henare & Great-O-Khan)

Six Man Tag Team Match
Intergalactic Jet Setters (Kevin Knight & KUSHIDA) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. United Empire (Dan Moloney, Francesco Akira & TJP)

Eight Man Tag Team Match
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Lio Rush, YOH & YOSHI-HASHI) vs. House Of Torture (Dick Togo, EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi)

Six Man Tag Team Match
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii) & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Oleg Boltin, Oskar Leube & Shota Umino

Eight Man Tag Team Match
Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito) vs. Just 5 Guys (DOUKI, SANADA, Taichi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)

Best Of The Super Junior 30 Semi Final Match
Mike Bailey vs. Master Wato

Best Of The Super Junior 30 Semi Final Match
Titan vs. El Desperado

Pretty fucking psyched