Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 40997 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #360 on: June 29, 2022, 11:15:15 AM »
And Yuta vs Daniel Garcia feud is starting to pick up as seen on dark

Also, all you sky blue fans, surprised you haven’t been talking more about Ashley d’amboise

I did see a match with her on youtube and thought she worked well but she's a little too muscle-y for me to get distracted the way I do with Skye, Anna Jay, Toni etc.

Apparently Alan Angels went dark on twitter, so he's probably gone and with Stu leaving earlier this year I can't help but think they're going to kill off the Dark Order. Anna seems to have gone back to her old gimmick as well sadly, I sure am gonna miss that look with the purple highlights in her hair and on the trunks that seemed to get smaller every week. I just hope they do something with 10...he gets a huge pop every time I see him and even though he definitely needs some polish I'm very much a believer that there's always room on the card for a masked muscle head.

Maybe this means Tony is going to start trimming some of the fat from his roster which is really kind of long overdue.

Blood n guts tonight guys! Who's gettin wizardized? They also announced OC vs Ethan Page which has potential to be really good. Page is at his best when he works big and its hard to imagine anyone working smaller against OC haha.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #361 on: June 29, 2022, 11:57:38 AM »
Expand Quote

Also, all you sky blue fans, surprised you haven’t been talking more about Ashley d’amboise
[close]

I love how IWC marks hate on Garcia so much. I’m a fan of the guy, even if I do call his current stable the Jobber Appreciation Society.

He’s the Aurelien Giraud of professional wrestling.

People shit on him? For what? I occasionally check r/squaredcircle and some of the news sites but I really kinda avoid paying too much attention to the smarks. Despite the fact my very first bookmark when I got the internet in 1998 was a wrestling site, I just can't willingly group myself with some of those people haha. I do have a dvdvr account from decades ago when I bought a bunch of ECW and deathmatch tapes (actual VHS tapes because I'm old) but I haven't posted in years.

Someone in this thread recommended listening to Garcia on Jericho's podcast and it made me really like the guy. He definitely gets it. The only thing I can think of to knock him would be his look but hes like early 20s and still growing into his body. The Kangol just cracks me up and he works like a proper old school "legit but chickenshit" type.

I tried to watch Raw again. And I actually genuinely wanted to watch it this time. I made it about a minute into the battle royal and had to turn it off because of the camera cuts. Seriously, how do people watch that shit?

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #362 on: June 29, 2022, 12:23:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I love how IWC marks hate on Garcia so much. I’m a fan of the guy, even if I do call his current stable the Jobber Appreciation Society.

He’s the Aurelien Giraud of professional wrestling.
[close]

People shit on him? For what? I occasionally check r/squaredcircle and some of the news sites but I really kinda avoid paying too much attention to the smarks. Despite the fact my very first bookmark when I got the internet in 1998 was a wrestling site, I just can't willingly group myself with some of those people haha. I do have a dvdvr account from decades ago when I bought a bunch of ECW and deathmatch tapes (actual VHS tapes because I'm old) but I haven't posted in years.

Someone in this thread recommended listening to Garcia on Jericho's podcast and it made me really like the guy. He definitely gets it. The only thing I can think of to knock him would be his look but hes like early 20s and still growing into his body. The Kangol just cracks me up and he works like a proper old school "legit but chickenshit" type.

I tried to watch Raw again. And I actually genuinely wanted to watch it this time. I made it about a minute into the battle royal and had to turn it off because of the camera cuts. Seriously, how do people watch that shit?

Garcia definitely gets it. If you check the IG comments on an AEW post with him in it, he’s always getting hated on.

WWE right now is so bad. Finn Balor, Nakamura, Styles, Sami, KO, Rollins, and the Street Profits deserve better.

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #363 on: June 29, 2022, 01:42:24 PM »
Weird I thought people knew DG was for the future.   Speculation is that he’ll face Yuta at the ROH PPV

Jade has an open challenge for tonight.   Maybe a new signing?   She’s really impressed me of late and it’s hard to see who could dethrone her just because she’s so much bigger than the rest of the roster

I think Alan is on a per appearance deal now.   I like him, but I think there’s plenty who can fill the same role skill wise.   10 is a Nightmare Factory guy, so I think he’s either safe or has some kind of trainee deal

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #364 on: June 29, 2022, 09:25:30 PM »
Just got back from Blood and Guts and god damn was it a blast. Wanted to share an angle I got of Sammy’s dive with you:

https://hostingandshizz.tumblr.com/post/688455325374906368

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #365 on: June 29, 2022, 10:20:16 PM »
Just got back from Blood and Guts and god damn was it a blast. Wanted to share an angle I got of Sammy’s dive with you:

That’s a rad angle.   Really shows the size of the drop.   How is it watching things through the cage for an hour?

That crowd was so hot at the beginning of the show I could barely hear the commentators!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #366 on: June 29, 2022, 11:39:41 PM »
Holy shit. I missed the broadcast so I watched the fite version and it kinda felt like a PPV.

OC vs Page kinda sucked. Not much more to say. Orange mist spot was dumb and you just had one of your up and comers lose to a body slam.

Christian called them sweat hogs! That's my favorite wrestling insult! Dark Luchasaurus is lame. We have enough mean spooky dudes already. Just put him in a new tag team.

So Danhausen basically functions as a full size swoggle. I guess that works. Are we getting an ass boys vs the acclaimed (ft Billy Gunn) angle? Nice.

I love that boomer sooner gets an insta pop. JR is the best and I'm going to actually cry when he retires. Nice to see Dean Malenko too.

OK BnG time. Jericho DEFINITELY has a clockwork orange fetish. I bet he makes his psycho wife call him Alex in bed. Really, really, really disappointed that they didn't have a red Kangol for Garcia. I would have laughed so hard. Ortiz should have kept his hair, he's got a pea head. Mox got lost on his way to the ring and got a face full of hairy mark breath haha.

What a spectacle. Claudio and Hager were gracious enough to remind us that there's no substitute for being a human horse. Mox playing the death match greatest hits was fun. Anyone else catch Ang's blood hitting the canvas before he took the piledriver (my autocorrect keeps making that piled river lol) in the broken glass? I had to laugh at the conveniently oversized, flat, and bare "timekeepers table" set back into the crowd precisely where one would fall were they to be thrown from the top of the cage.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #367 on: June 30, 2022, 12:30:19 AM »
Hah I don’t mind the time keepers table.   Sammy already did that gnarly one winged Angel spot from the first Stadium Stampede and Jericho got injured on the last B and G (they can’t have more injuries!). I don’t personally need them going Mankind levels on a free show

I actually like Dark Luchasaurus!  It’s like he got a box from Jamie Thomas

Loved that Moxley was clearly annoyed with having to climb that cage

I googled the BR winner - I think it’ll make an interesting Moxley match, but I know people will complain, which I don’t really get bc you know this person isn’t going to beat Mox so why job out a upper card guy.
     My problem with Royal Rumbles is that they always cater to the biggest stars and never give you much of a surprise over the winner

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #368 on: June 30, 2022, 07:18:19 AM »
Oh I don't mind it either, I love that shit. Wrestling is so ridiculous in a lot of ways and that's why it's fun. I don't necessarily want guys taking czw bumps on free shows either (especially with how the Jeff Hardy thing played out) but as long as it's Sammy I'm down with it.

Haha Dyingtoliveasaurus looks cool, I just have no real faith in him wrestling interesting singles matches. Maybe he's gotten better at it since LU but he's one of those dudes who I feel like struggles in longer, less choreographed matches. I think he'll be fine and maybe even really good against Hungle Boy because they've been training together for ages but I feel like it could be ugly if he has to be the one to lead the match or work with guys he doesn't know. You could have said all the same things about the undertaker in 1991 though, so it's entirely possible I'm way off on this and he ends up being awesome.

I was giggling at Moxley climbing like broken foot taker too. Gotta lay off them post match lung darts Mox! It had to be awkward celebrating while Daddy Magic and Jericho were still up there selling too.

I kinda want to google the winner but you've actually intrigued me now so I'm not going to. I actually would be cool with it being someone from the lower/mid card that they want to book to hang with Mox and look good the same way they did with Yuta. As long as it's not KOR, Scorpio Sky, or setting up another Lucha Bros main event loss.. Then I'll definitely be pissed haha. I have no idea who was in it so I'm not sure who to pick from but someone like 10 who could have a hoss fight with him would be really cool. I'm assuming they want a heel though so my dark horse pick is..... Lance Archer. Trent would be cool too, but again there's the heel issue. Ok I'm going with Archer or Ten. Give me some beef baby.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #369 on: June 30, 2022, 08:39:03 AM »
Oh I don't mind it either, I love that shit. Wrestling is so ridiculous in a lot of ways and that's why it's fun. I don't necessarily want guys taking czw bumps on free shows either (especially with how the Jeff Hardy thing played out) but as long as it's Sammy I'm down with it.

Haha Dyingtoliveasaurus looks cool, I just have no real faith in him wrestling interesting singles matches. Maybe he's gotten better at it since LU but he's one of those dudes who I feel like struggles in longer, less choreographed matches. I think he'll be fine and maybe even really good against Hungle Boy because they've been training together for ages but I feel like it could be ugly if he has to be the one to lead the match or work with guys he doesn't know. You could have said all the same things about the undertaker in 1991 though, so it's entirely possible I'm way off on this and he ends up being awesome.

I was giggling at Moxley climbing like broken foot taker too. Gotta lay off them post match lung darts Mox! It had to be awkward celebrating while Daddy Magic and Jericho were still up there selling too.

I kinda want to google the winner but you've actually intrigued me now so I'm not going to. I actually would be cool with it being someone from the lower/mid card that they want to book to hang with Mox and look good the same way they did with Yuta. As long as it's not KOR, Scorpio Sky, or setting up another Lucha Bros main event loss.. Then I'll definitely be pissed haha. I have no idea who was in it so I'm not sure who to pick from but someone like 10 who could have a hoss fight with him would be really cool. I'm assuming they want a heel though so my dark horse pick is..... Lance Archer. Trent would be cool too, but again there's the heel issue. Ok I'm going with Archer or Ten. Give me some beef baby.

I’ll spoil it enough to say it’s not Archer.   They’ve had enough battles recently that it wouldn’t be novel for me, but you’re definitely onto something hoss wise

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #370 on: June 30, 2022, 10:35:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ll spoil it enough to say it’s not Archer.   They’ve had enough battles recently that it wouldn’t be novel for me, but you’re definitely onto something hoss wise

Damn. Ok no more spoilers, I feel like I'm going to be able to figure it out during the match but that's part of the fun of rumbles.

That may have been wishful thinking because I'm so high on Archer. He's another dude I really want to see get his flowers on a big stage. When I was in the military there was this one channel that randomly showed TNA in the middle of the night and I fucking HATED his shitty guitar hero gimmick. If you've ever watched OSW review, they still call him Tramp Stamp Hoyt because that was the only thing memorable about him back then. He was like a less talented version of Test. I'm not sure what happened in Japan to make it click but I legit think he's one of the best at working big guys in the company now. Even I can't believe I'm about to make this comparison but he reminds me of Taker sometimes and not just because they both do tightrope spots.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #371 on: June 30, 2022, 10:37:44 AM »
I was out of town so i missed Forbidden Door. Real bummed on that. Can someone send me a link?

I thought I was good to go to make it until the end of Blood and Guts last night. I got real cocky when the BNG match started and I hadn't dozed off yet. So I went ahead and took a giant bong rip and put up the foot rest and reclined my lazyboy. BIG MISTAKE! I missed it. Wifey tried to wake me up for two things. Tay "The Culo" Conti rolling around on the ground with her ass out, and Sammy taking the big bump.

You really don't know what love is until your wife wakes you up and says "Babe, wake up! Tay's ass is completely out"
God I love that woman.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #372 on: June 30, 2022, 10:40:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Damn. Ok no more spoilers, I feel like I'm going to be able to figure it out during the match but that's part of the fun of rumbles.

That may have been wishful thinking because I'm so high on Archer. He's another dude I really want to see get his flowers on a big stage. When I was in the military there was this one channel that randomly showed TNA in the middle of the night and I fucking HATED his shitty guitar hero gimmick. If you've ever watched OSW review, they still call him Tramp Stamp Hoyt because that was the only thing memorable about him back then. He was like a less talented version of Test. I'm not sure what happened in Japan to make it click but I legit think he's one of the best at working big guys in the company now. Even I can't believe I'm about to make this comparison but he reminds me of Taker sometimes and not just because they both do tightrope spots.

They need to bring back Lance Archer’s jobber beatdown entrances lol
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #373 on: June 30, 2022, 03:06:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I agree - I like Lance too and want him to get better than the NJPW he got off Moxley earlier this year.   He’s another one of those guys who doesn’t seem to win much in the big matches,  I but it doesn’t affect his luster

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #374 on: June 30, 2022, 10:41:49 PM »
I was out of town so i missed Forbidden Door. Real bummed on that. Can someone send me a link?

I thought I was good to go to make it until the end of Blood and Guts last night. I got real cocky when the BNG match started and I hadn't dozed off yet. So I went ahead and took a giant bong rip and put up the foot rest and reclined my lazyboy. BIG MISTAKE! I missed it. Wifey tried to wake me up for two things. Tay "The Culo" Conti rolling around on the ground with her ass out, and Sammy taking the big bump.

You really don't know what love is until your wife wakes you up and says "Babe, wake up! Tay's ass is completely out"
God I love that woman.

http://watchprowrestling.org/video/watch-aew-x-njpw-forbidden-door-2022-ppv-6-26-22/

Daily motion HD is the best for streaming.. I open all 4 parts in a tab and then just quickly switch to the next one. If you want to straight up download it (best quality but it's a few GB) then use the 1fichier link, the others are either slow or you need a VPN to use in the states.  You can use that site for any of the other shows you miss too.

Yeah I remembered you said you were going to be traveling for the show. I'm legit jealous that you found a chick that watches the matches while you snore on the couch hahaha.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #375 on: July 01, 2022, 09:05:28 AM »
Yeah I definitely turned her into a fan.

I hadn't watched for a very long time and one night I was flipping channels and was just like "You know what babe, we're going to watch Monday Night Raw tonight. She obviously was not psyched but it happened to be a night a bunch of crazy shit happened. It was the night Rollins turned on the Shield, Bray Wyatt was in his big feud with Cena when he had the kids in the sheeps masks surrounding the ring singing he;s got the whole world in his hands, and some other shit. Obviously as a woman, she was drawn to the relationship/soap opera storylines that were pretty prevalent during that time. She was just like "Oh so this is a soap opera with fights? I'm in"

She hasn't turned back and now has actual formulated opinions on people's work rate and skills. She is one to also go down Wikipedia rabbit holes so she will come out with some crazy factoids every now and then.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #376 on: July 01, 2022, 08:01:15 PM »
Yeah I definitely turned her into a fan.

I hadn't watched for a very long time and one night I was flipping channels and was just like "You know what babe, we're going to watch Monday Night Raw tonight. She obviously was not psyched but it happened to be a night a bunch of crazy shit happened. It was the night Rollins turned on the Shield, Bray Wyatt was in his big feud with Cena when he had the kids in the sheeps masks surrounding the ring singing he;s got the whole world in his hands, and some other shit. Obviously as a woman, she was drawn to the relationship/soap opera storylines that were pretty prevalent during that time. She was just like "Oh so this is a soap opera with fights? I'm in"

She hasn't turned back and now has actual formulated opinions on people's work rate and skills. She is one to also go down Wikipedia rabbit holes so she will come out with some crazy factoids every now and then.

Hey dude no offense but can I take your wife on a date?

Seriously that's so cool. I've always described it to non fans as "a soap opera for men" and I'm huge on the Wikipedia wormholes. You should show her the infamous dvdvr sleaze thread that Tony started when he was in college... It's only partially archived sadly but there's more than enough ridiculous shit to keep her (and any other fan) entertained for a while. Ring the Damn Bell's "wrestling with sin" articles are great too, kinda like a shitty blog version of dark side of the ring.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050308041405/http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=19896&view=all

https://ringthedamnbell.wordpress.com/category/wrestling-with-sin/

Watching the rumble right now. Going off Atiba's hints I'm thinking it's gotta be Hobbs or The Butcher. OK Hobbs is gone.. Wait no way, Brody! I'm definitely cool with that and the elimination spot was SICK. Looked like someone subduing their little brother who was throwing a tantrum. He's the kind of meaty sweat hog that I'm totally down to watch fight Mox. Actually I'm kind of pumped. Let's get some big boy energy up in here!

Yoshi Hashi still looks like he just sprinted a mile to see his favorite ninja turtle, Donatello. Really good match though, reminded me of a bullet club bucks match, which I guess makes sense haha.

Marina Shafir sucks and so did that main event. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't slightly enjoy Nyla choking and fish hooking a screaming Toni Storm though.

Anyone else think OCs new theme is a fucking banger? It sounds like an unreleased ELO song.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #377 on: July 01, 2022, 08:17:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s a rad angle.   Really shows the size of the drop.   How is it watching things through the cage for an hour?

That crowd was so hot at the beginning of the show I could barely hear the commentators!

I had a pretty clear view of the ring closer to me but couldn’t see the one closer to the entrance much at all and had to rely on the screen. The roof spots at the end made the partial coverage worth it.

And yeah, the crowd was hyped! Had lots of friends watching from lots of different seats. AEW is in their stride. The shows are great and you can really tell the wrestlers are enjoying what they’re doing, compared to WWE where it sounds like everyone is waiting to leave or get fired.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #378 on: July 01, 2022, 08:22:30 PM »
Anyone else think OCs new theme is a fucking banger? It sounds like an unreleased ELO song.

It’s Jefferson Starship. From what I heard, he actually used that song pre-AEW and it’s a reference to its use in Wet Hot American Summer, as Paul Rudd’s character in it is the inspiration for Orange Cassidy.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #379 on: July 01, 2022, 11:58:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s Jefferson Starship. From what I heard, he actually used that song pre-AEW and it’s a reference to its use in Wet Hot American Summer, as Paul Rudd’s character in it is the inspiration for Orange Cassidy.

It was too expensive for awhile then a connection finally worked out

Bryan Danielson used to come out to Europe,s Final Countdown but that was too expensive as well.   Maybe some day

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #380 on: July 02, 2022, 01:06:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ahh OK I thought I'd heard it before but couldn't really make it out over the commentary. I kind of hate Paul Rudd though.

So I totally forgot about this when we were doing the mystery opponent thing but... I don't know if Kross is going to ever end up in AEW. At least not as long as he's with Scarlett or Don Callis still has a job there. Apparently Callis and Scarlett fucking hate each other and she accused him of sexual harassment and caused a huge issue backstage in impact. Like, investigators and NDAs huge. It's a lot of he said she said, but it sounds like it might not be the kind of person Tony wants around at the moment.

I think we're going to see Bucks vs FTR for a bunch of belts and the title of "best tag team" at some point soon. I would say the bucks are pretty clearly better and should get the win. I get that a cohesive and dedicated tag team in any form is a novelty these days, but I don't necessarily think FTR is all that special. Yeah they would have fit in back in the territories, but they would have been midcarders back then too. Also I just want it to play out like that so I can hear Cornette's reaction.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #381 on: July 02, 2022, 01:17:12 AM »
Ftr are too hot to pull that move.   I prefer the bucks like you, but FTR are huge faces (plus I think they want Bucks free for Trios belt when Omega returns)

Love the Jane move came after the Osprey match as that really felt like OC leveled up in peoples eyes.   Thought the Wet Hot connection was just a coincidence but I totally get the Paul Rudd character connection now

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #382 on: July 02, 2022, 05:29:40 AM »
Ftr are too hot to pull that move.   I prefer the bucks like you, but FTR are huge faces (plus I think they want Bucks free for Trios belt when Omega returns)

Love the Jane move came after the Osprey match as that really felt like OC leveled up in peoples eyes.   Thought the Wet Hot connection was just a coincidence but I totally get the Paul Rudd character connection now

I was thinking they would do it as a PPV main event or co-main, maybe for All Out. Basically make it out to be the most important tag team match of all time. They could build the Bucks back to tweeners and make it a "we're gonna have a good clean match out of respect for you" kinda ROH style deal, or just have them cheat to win if you want to keep them heel. Either way I don't think it would hurt FTR that much because they're so over. Plus you can always circle back and put the AEW belts on them once they start defending individual belts.

I'm hoping we get some MJF news soon.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #383 on: July 02, 2022, 06:08:24 AM »
Good timing on MJF to disappear.   Left the focus on other stuff and I kinda forgot about him.   When he returns, it’s gonna be huge.  I wonder if it will work out for him to screw Punk out of the title

Also, did anyone read the article in SI this week about a bunch of people realizing that the Rocks dad (Rocky Johnson) was their dad too

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #384 on: July 02, 2022, 07:11:58 AM »
Good timing on MJF to disappear.   Left the focus on other stuff and I kinda forgot about him.   When he returns, it’s gonna be huge.  I wonder if it will work out for him to screw Punk out of the title

Also, did anyone read the article in SI this week about a bunch of people realizing that the Rocks dad (Rocky Johnson) was their dad too

No, but that's kinda hilarious. Was he just travelling around the country knocking women up like the Dudley Boyz origin story? Guess we know why Rocky didn't stay in one territory too long now haha.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #385 on: July 02, 2022, 07:53:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No, but that's kinda hilarious. Was he just travelling around the country knocking women up like the Dudley Boyz origin story? Guess we know why Rocky didn't stay in one territory too long now haha.

Hah basically throughout the Canadian territories.   That Dudley connection is hilarious.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2022/06/30/rocky-johnson-the-rock-daily-cover

Survivor Series really should be the Bloodline vs the Love Children

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #386 on: July 03, 2022, 02:45:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hah basically throughout the Canadian territories.   That Dudley connection is hilarious.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2022/06/30/rocky-johnson-the-rock-daily-cover

Survivor Series really should be the Bloodline vs the Love Children

Omg that's hilarious. Man everyone was just kind of a piece of shit back then huh? I wonder if that story is buried in TK's old sleaze thread somewhere.

One of my coworkers told me to watch MITB so I'm going to make an attempt just because I want to see jacked up Montez Ford. I fantasize about him vs Dante Martin vs Marq Quen with one of those height meter thingies from the X-games vert ramp on the corner posts. I picked up some Dramamine to cope with the camera cuts. Wish me luck. I'm going in.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: July 03, 2022, 07:08:07 PM »
Austin Theory’s facial hair will always make him a heel in my book.  He has such a Cheddar Bob energy to me.   

Cash-ins are so stupid.   Need to just be established as the Summerslam Main Event the way RR feeds Wrestlemania.   Congrats on finally getting the top belt and doing it with the least integrity possible!   And it’s celebrated!    Imagine if that ever happened in boxing or MMA.   

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #388 on: July 04, 2022, 01:37:30 AM »
Austin Theory’s facial hair will always make him a heel in my book.  He has such a Cheddar Bob energy to me.   

Cash-ins are so stupid.   Need to just be established as the Summerslam Main Event the way RR feeds Wrestlemania.   Congrats on finally getting the top belt and doing it with the least integrity possible!   And it’s celebrated!    Imagine if that ever happened in boxing or MMA.

I'll boo him as long as he's named Austin Theory. I don't know why but that name is nails on a chalkboard to me. The facial hair is awful too. Also I'm not entirely comfortable with a muscly young guy being doted on by creepy rich septuagenarian, even in storyline haha.

I actually watched a couple matches. The Usos vs Profits match was good but it wasn't as amazing as I was lead to believe by my buddy. The Women's match was almost really good, but there's such a talent drop off when you get past Becky, Asuka, and to a lesser extent Alexa and it was really evident at certain times. Despite it being sloppy in places I have to admit I had sort of forgotten how good Becky Lynch is and it was nice to be reminded.

In recognition of the holiday I'm going to make today a Great American Bash day. When I was a kid I had one of them on VHS and it was my favorite NWA/WCW tape because it had Sting vs Muta which im sure you can imagine was just about the coolest fucking thing in the world for a 6 year old. I remember Sting being just fucking huge at that point both literally and figuratively, so let's once again all take a moment to appreciate that he's still kicking so much ass. He also might be the most chill evangelical I've ever seen.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #389 on: July 05, 2022, 02:15:11 AM »
Damn Anna Jay just hasn't had a good match in a while. I just watched her match from elevation last night and it was a bit of a dumpster fire but not really her fault. The other chick had an interesting look but was really bad, so I'm hoping Anna getting fired up and screaming at her to get up was genuine.

Also Satnam Singh wrestled again. I'm warily hopeful about him. He's good for a few high spots but I don't know if he's going to be able to wrestle a full match any time soon. He looked pretty gassed working at that pace so he's probably gonna have to do a lot of rest holds (please please please don't do the fucking claw) or selling on the ropes or in the corner. Have we even seen him sell anything yet? That finisher is really insane though..I don't know if they've named it yet but commentary pointed out that it resembles a helicopter spin so I vote we call it the "Ric Flair bomb".

Haven't watched any of the other matches yet. Bobby did you get to see Big Satty Cool in person? I can't remember if you said if you watched the dark matches or not.