Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 42307 times)

Uh Oh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #960 on: December 15, 2022, 11:26:37 AM »
He’s a grump but damn he is hilarious. He tears my college town a new one in this ancient video.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #961 on: December 15, 2022, 12:43:00 PM »
I’m really hoping the two Khans (Nick and Tony) open the forbidden door soon.

Also, Sasha Banks in NJPW should be 🔥.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #962 on: December 15, 2022, 02:37:31 PM »
The Mandy Rose thing is kinda weird... It's not like she hasn't been posting pics of her bare ass for months now or anything. I think the real issue here is her getting Tino Sabatelli involved. No one wants to see Sabby naked.

And yes I'm a big Cornette fan. If you're not such a delicate flower of a mark to get offended when he rips your favorite wrestler then it's great. He's got a thousand great stories and 10x as many hilarious one-liners. And even though it pains me to admit it sometimes, he ends up being pretty on the money with a lot of his criticism.

Some of the best stuff is in the archives, especially if you love the territory stuff like I do. Last time I drove from St. Louis to Pittsburgh I listened to the entire Jim Ross omnibus and it made the drive so much better. His stories about being Watts' right hand man in the 70s and 80s are gold. Most of Corny's  stuff with Sean Oliver is great too.

They're uploading the 1989 WCW time-line video with him tomorrow. If you haven't seen one, they go show by show for that company/year and tell stories or comment on the booking. It's fucking amazing if you're an obsessive old wrestling nerd, I always learn new stuff and find matches to look up.

Oh, almost forgot.... I know I've mentioned this before in relation to ECW but the internet archive is quickly becoming a go-to resource for me to find stuff. Just stumbled across this today when I was trying to find the MJF - Darby match from full gear last year.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22AEW+Wrestling%22&page=1

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #963 on: December 15, 2022, 11:06:17 PM »
Just got tickets for PWGs battle of LA and hoping to go to Dynamite the Wednesday after that where Match 7 for the Trios belt could potentially happen in a ladder match.   

I hope they don’t get cute and not actually go to seven matches bc that could be an all-timer to see live

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #964 on: December 16, 2022, 12:28:33 PM »
Got tickets to Dynamite in Winnipeg. Super pissed at ticketmaster for price gouging, but oh well I'm sure I'll forget about it well before the show in March
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #965 on: December 17, 2022, 04:17:57 PM »
Got tickets to Dynamite in Winnipeg. Super pissed at ticketmaster for price gouging, but oh well I'm sure I'll forget about it well before the show in March

I probably told you this before but I got 5th row hard cam side for $110 the day before. For some reason they released a whole batch of like a hundred seats at 6am that morning and I guess the scalper bots had already moved on to something else. No clue if they regularly do that or I just got lucky but keep an eye out if you're interested in upgrading or just for future reference.

Rampage was a little meh. I don't know why but the crowd felt out of it compared to dynamite. Didn't watch the Sammy match, don't care if he bites Moxleys nutsack off on live TV.

FTR came out and gave a nothing promo where they went through the "boy golly I shure do love my family and wrasslin'" spiel they do every time they get anywhere near a mic. Not interested.

The main event was kind of sad. They had Dustin come out first so he didn't get the pop he deserved (even though they hyped it on commentary) and kip Sabian and Trent Seven with the butcher and the blade is the most "we just threw this match together" team I've seen since the territories stopped running two towns in a day. Kip Sabian wrestles like a ballet dancer and he might be the most unintimidating dude in the company. I think even Wheeler Yuta could beat him up. They had Dustin take the hot tag and do all his greatest hits and then even do a cannonball senton and then just did comedy spots that got a bigger pop than the poetry in motion that is Dustin wrestling. At least they let him get the win.

The new Dustin shirt is awesome. If it wasn't $30 before shipping I would probably buy one.

Oh @SHAQUEEFA, Britt wrestled and she looks like her back has shortened up by a few inches. It's not like MJF territory (after rewatching the Darby match from last year I think he might legit have put 20 pounds of muscle on) but she looks pretty good.

I watched part of this today and thought it was something you might dig if you haven't already seen it. They go over lots of stories from the first book (the best wrestling book ever written in my opinion) and man I found myself just falling in love with Mick all over again. That man should be president of the world. What a beautiful human being.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IehFNOIBnrIhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IehFNOIBnrI

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #966 on: December 18, 2022, 05:51:27 PM »
Excited for the Royal Rumble. Also was reading that Lesnar may get an intercontinental championship run; big Lesnar fan, was since he debuted when I was 11, but I did want to see them do more with Gunther. Here’s to hoping.

Curious to see what they do with Kevin Owens. Supposedly he’s the next big thing although there’s rumblings of Balor being the ONE.

Let me add that I want to see more LA Knight & MJF has some of the best mic skills right now.

I hope you all have Peacock & enjoy the WWE channel as much as I do.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #967 on: December 18, 2022, 08:37:10 PM »
Excited for the Royal Rumble. Also was reading that Lesnar may get an intercontinental championship run; big Lesnar fan, was since he debuted when I was 11, but I did want to see them do more with Gunther. Here’s to hoping.

Curious to see what they do with Kevin Owens. Supposedly he’s the next big thing although there’s rumblings of Balor being the ONE.

Let me add that I want to see more LA Knight & MJF has some of the best mic skills right now.

I can’t imagine lesnar getting the workers belt.   That’d be so insulting that I would think Vince is back

Kevin Owens and Sami are definitely going to be the ones to take the tag belts off the usos.   Cody has a better chance of doing that than balor.   Isn’t he kind of overshadowed in his own group by rhea and dom?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #968 on: December 19, 2022, 12:22:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can’t imagine lesnar getting the workers belt.   That’d be so insulting that I would think Vince is back

Kevin Owens and Sami are definitely going to be the ones to take the tag belts off the usos.   Cody has a better chance of doing that than balor.   Isn’t he kind of overshadowed in his own group by rhea and dom?

You would think that but he's the Edge of that group. Rhea Ripley & Dominick are going to break off at some point as this faction has been a waste. There is nothing interesting about it. They wanted it to be the Brood & that never would have happened. Apparently the whole "Demon" Balor is going to come to fruition.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #969 on: December 19, 2022, 12:26:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You would think that but he's the Edge of that group. Rhea Ripley & Dominick are going to break off at some point as this faction has been a waste. There is nothing interesting about it. They wanted it to be the Brood & that never would have happened. Apparently the whole "Demon" Balor is going to come to fruition.

Right, but Balors too cold storyline-wise to be the One and he already resurrected the Demon to go against Roman and had that embarrassing ass finish.   

Scuttlebutt is Roman facing/retaining against  The Rock on night one of WM and then dropping to Cody - which is classic WWE booking - gotta still protect Roman a little even when he losee

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #970 on: December 19, 2022, 04:46:03 AM »

I quit paying for WWE content after crown jewel left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't feel bad about stealing from them. I do miss the HD territory libraries but you can find most of it elsewhere if you look around a bit.

Lesnar IC run could be fun if it's just happy farmer brock doing stupid shit. I'd watch that.

I can't call him Gunther. I'm sorry. It's too cliche in the "this is what a stupid American thinks Germans are" way and he's been Walter to me since I first saw him in PWG. I don't understand why he needed a new name. I love him though and I want to see him beat the fuck out of all their big hosses.

I like LA knight but I don't think he's a main eventer and being involved in Bray's spirit halloween showcase isn't doing him many favors. That shit got real hokey real fast. His fed name always reminds me of 90s shoe companies LA gear and British Knights, I wonder if that's intentional.

MJF is indeed the best talker in the game right now and he's very quickly moving up the ranks all time. In my lifetime the only guy that was as consistently money was Rocky. He definitely gets what this is supposed to be in the ring too, though I do think it's somewhat lost on the part of the AEW audience who seem to just want flips and comedy spots. The ab stretch and rope break sequences in his win over Starks last week got more of a reaction out of me all of the dives to the outside from the rest of the show combined. The physical storytelling was just as compelling as the promos they cut leading up to it.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #971 on: December 19, 2022, 08:37:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Right, but Balors too cold storyline-wise to be the One and he already resurrected the Demon to go against Roman and had that embarrassing ass finish.   

Scuttlebutt is Roman facing/retaining against  The Rock on night one of WM and then dropping to Cody - which is classic WWE booking - gotta still protect Roman a little even when he losee

I hear you with Balor but I think they are going to give it a go again.

If your Cody theory is right, I’m thinking he’ll just win the Rumble & take it at Wrestlemania. Did you see the whole potential spoiler of The Rock have an Undisputed replica in his collection despite never winning it?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #972 on: December 19, 2022, 08:38:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I quit paying for WWE content after crown jewel left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't feel bad about stealing from them. I do miss the HD territory libraries but you can find most of it elsewhere if you look around a bit.

Lesnar IC run could be fun if it's just happy farmer brock doing stupid shit. I'd watch that.

I can't call him Gunther. I'm sorry. It's too cliche in the "this is what a stupid American thinks Germans are" way and he's been Walter to me since I first saw him in PWG. I don't understand why he needed a new name. I love him though and I want to see him beat the fuck out of all their big hosses.

I like LA knight but I don't think he's a main eventer and being involved in Bray's spirit halloween showcase isn't doing him many favors. That shit got real hokey real fast. His fed name always reminds me of 90s shoe companies LA gear and British Knights, I wonder if that's intentional.

MJF is indeed the best talker in the game right now and he's very quickly moving up the ranks all time. In my lifetime the only guy that was as consistently money was Rocky. He definitely gets what this is supposed to be in the ring too, though I do think it's somewhat lost on the part of the AEW audience who seem to just want flips and comedy spots. The ab stretch and rope break sequences in his win over Starks last week got more of a reaction out of me all of the dives to the outside from the rest of the show combined. The physical storytelling was just as compelling as the promos they cut leading up to it.

I just see potential in LA Knight. Almost like a better Mr. Kennedy or maybe just a heavy, high end midcarder. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #973 on: December 19, 2022, 08:46:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I hear you with Balor but I think they are going to give it a go again.

If your Cody theory is right, I’m thinking he’ll just win the Rumble & take it at Wrestlemania. Did you see the whole potential spoiler of The Rock have an Undisputed replica in his collection despite never winning it?

RR makes sense, but my personal bet is a MITB match on Night 1.  They’re not doing those themed PPvs anymore and they love to do things that invalidate the specialness of a Royal Rumble win

I think they will build Balor back up for sure, I just don’t think he’ll be taking any belts off Roman.   He’ll be in a good position to go against the guy who does
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 08:53:51 AM by Atiba Applebum »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #974 on: December 21, 2022, 12:31:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I just see potential in LA Knight. Almost like a better Mr. Kennedy or maybe just a heavy, high end midcarder.

I liked him in TNA, but that also means he's still got a bit of TNA stink on him hahaha. Since I like euro indy shit sometimes I was briefly into Grado and he had a so-bad-it's-good program with him a few years back when Grado had his TNA run. It was one of those things that made sure ill forever have a soft spot for him but also probably never be able to really take him seriously haha.

I mostly just watch wwe highlights because I honestly don't really enjoy like the vast majority of the fed product these days and there is no group of fans as consistently infuriatingly stupid as WWE fans. They've somehow turned Mandy Rose taking some shitty shower pics where you can't even see her nips into "she made hardcore porn". I've legit seen more explicit pics in rolling stone. When did mainstream wrestling fans get so fucking soft?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #975 on: December 21, 2022, 03:04:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I liked him in TNA, but that also means he's still got a bit of TNA stink on him hahaha. Since I like euro indy shit sometimes I was briefly into Grado and he had a so-bad-it's-good program with him a few years back when Grado had his TNA run. It was one of those things that made sure ill forever have a soft spot for him but also probably never be able to really take him seriously haha.

I mostly just watch wwe highlights because I honestly don't really enjoy like the vast majority of the fed product these days and there is no group of fans as consistently infuriatingly stupid as WWE fans. They've somehow turned Mandy Rose taking some shitty shower pics where you can't even see her nips into "she made hardcore porn". I've legit seen more explicit pics in rolling stone. When did mainstream wrestling fans get so fucking soft?

Oh I thought I heard she was having sex with her husband in the shower in one of them or whatever.    She’s apparently made half a million since then, so it all worked out?

Are they soft or just latently anti-women?    They just want women sexualized to the degree that Vince demands it

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #976 on: December 21, 2022, 04:22:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh I thought I heard she was having sex with her husband in the shower in one of them or whatever.    She’s apparently made half a million since then, so it all worked out?

Are they soft or just latently anti-women?    They just want women sexualized to the degree that Vince demands it

Her entire NXT (when it was a reality show) class belongs in the fall from grace thread. Velveteen Dream was a star in the making, but had to go and be a pedo creep.

We’d need to see what was in her contract. It could be that WWE owns your entire likeness, which would make any form of influencer income a breach of contract unless you handed it over to WWE like Up Up Down Down.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #977 on: December 21, 2022, 10:39:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah that's because as usual the vast majority of the fan base is talking out their ass about something they've never even seen.

Obviously I can't post them here, but the set she got fired for contained 6 shower photos, 3 color and 3 B&W. In all of them they're shot from a side angle and doing the old softcore strategic pose with the guy holding the girls boobs from behind. You can't even see a nipple. She also posted a 10 second clip of her grinding on his lap in her underwear where you, again, can't see anything. Somehow that got conflated by Twitter and reddit fans into her doing a full on 20 minute hardcore shower scene.

So essentially you have a bunch of people giving hot takes about something they're objectively incorrect about despite the fact that literally 30 seconds of googling could reveal the truth. It's shit like that which makes me just not want to be associated with "wrestling fans" in any way. I just want to watch dudes with crazy personalities pretend to fight... I don't need all the drama.

Edit - Just to clarify, I don't really care if the fed fired her for having an OF. They're well within their rights and she signed the contract, so if she didn't know then she should have. I just think this sudden outrage based on misinformation is so stupid. She was posting racier stuff than that for months, including ones where you actually can see the goods. The only people that have come off looking bad to me here are the fans who made a big deal about it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 10:59:45 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #978 on: December 21, 2022, 11:25:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah that's because as usual the vast majority of the fan base is talking out their ass about something they've never even seen.

Obviously I can't post them here, but the set she got fired for contained 6 shower photos, 3 color and 3 B&W. In all of them they're shot from a side angle and doing the old softcore strategic pose with the guy holding the girls boobs from behind. You can't even see a nipple. She also posted a 10 second clip of her grinding on his lap in her underwear where you, again, can't see anything. Somehow that got conflated by Twitter and reddit fans into her doing a full on 20 minute hardcore shower scene.

So essentially you have a bunch of people giving hot takes about something they're objectively incorrect about despite the fact that literally 30 seconds of googling could reveal the truth. It's shit like that which makes me just not want to be associated with "wrestling fans" in any way. I just want to watch dudes with crazy personalities pretend to fight... I don't need all the drama.

Edit - Just to clarify, I don't really care if the fed fired her for having an OF. They're well within their rights and she signed the contract, so if she didn't know then she should have. I just think this sudden outrage based on misinformation is so stupid. She was posting racier stuff than that for months, including ones where you actually can see the goods. The only people that have come off looking bad to me here are the fans who made a big deal about it.

I haven't dove into much of this but am aware of the matter. It really falls under the WWE's (weak) attempt to clean things up & establish some type of standard although we all know that is impossible as many of the talent that draws the fans & money would be gone. It's a tip of the iceberg scenario but I am assuming you gents watched this....

While we are on the topic of female wrestlers, I just want to highlight that Ronda Rousey rules.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #979 on: December 21, 2022, 02:56:48 PM »
Explain the Ronda love

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 25
« Reply #980 on: December 23, 2022, 06:18:40 AM »
So we have Rick Ross leading a faction with Swerve? That could be cool if those other two guys weren't total bozos.

That whole segment was awkward and the two guys couldn't even look like they were overpowering Keith Lee.

i almost fell out my chair when Stokely called Danielson a "raggety bitch"

THE WIZARD IS BACK! MORE FIREBALLS! YES!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #981 on: December 23, 2022, 11:53:05 AM »
I actually like Ronda in the ring for the most part, it's just everything else that makes me wince. I don't like all the other bland shoot fighter girls like Shayna Baszler and Layla Hirsch and all the indy chicks doing that. If I see a spandex tank top, pony tail, and a mouth guard I instantly check out.

Dynamite -

Why the heck are we pushing Action Andretti when Miro is sitting at home playing with his mighty Bulgarian balls. Didn't watch the JAS segment since Sammy was on screen, but I guess starks is the new feud?

Trios match... Well the first spot was one they've already done much better in this series. Even with the comedy shit and weapons it still felt kinda same-y but I did enjoy the attitude Era TLC style cluster fuck spots. Penta is maybe my favorite wrestler right now and I popped for all the tree stuff. Why wait til after the match to blade?

MJF brings the heat yet again. It's easy to take for granted because he does it every week, but man what a talent.

Danielson... Dude please stop talking about Regal. This is like in high school when your buddy won't shut up about his girlfriend who left him for the captain of the football team. That whole segment was pretty stupid. And I don't think anyone cares about Ethan Page let alone wants to watch him wrestle the supposed best wrestler in the world.

Oh God another fucking battle royal?

Moxley. His promos are all the same thing. Rahhhh I'm tough and you aren't rahhhh Im such a badasss raahhhh I respect you but I'm gonna injure you rahhhh. I just tune him out.

Why do they have Shida say "women's" in every promo when she clearly can't pronounce it. Just teach her to say something else so I don't have to feel bad when I laugh at how she says it.

FTR vs the Ass boys.. Wasn't this supposed to be a feud? The little Gunn is borderline taking the piss with his selling. It's like Ziggler levels of over the top sometimes. He's a good shit disturbed, kinda has a Brian Christopher vibe to him. The tall one is pretty good though, he's pretty smooth and does the little stuff really well. His timing is good, he feeds well, he sells without going over the top, I like what I see from these kids.

The acclaimed vs TNA is something I could not care less about.

What the fuck was that Rick Ross segment. That was really, really bad. Parker Boudreaux? What a popcorn fart. Just... just.. I don't even have a word for how awkward watching that made me feel.

Shida vs Hayter ruled. I want Hayter to be champion forever and just go down in history as the most dominant women's champ since Moolah. She's definitely capable of carrying the division. That stiff as hell roll through powerbomb was amazing and her emotion and facials are off the charts. Thigh blue is the kind of girl you have a fling with but Hayter is marriage material. I could have done without the afterbirth with Paige who has apparently forgotten how to get into a ring, but the match itself was even better than the Toni - Hayter match from the ppv. Definitely worth a watch it if you missed it

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #982 on: December 28, 2022, 04:45:12 AM »
Who’s worse, Damian Priest or Sammy Guevara?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #983 on: December 29, 2022, 02:46:01 AM »
Who’s worse, Damian Priest or Sammy Guevara?

Nothing is worse than Sammy. I have turned the stream off so many times because he was on screen. Priest isn't great but hes at least passable in the ring. I kinda liked Punishment Martinez actually, but never really watched that much ROH

Just watched Dark... They had Brock Anderson on and he actually cut an OK promo, but then he had a match with the coldest crowd ive seen in ages. It's weird, he wrestles likes a poorly programmed video game NPC... There's like individual pieces that you can tell he's practiced a bunch and does really well but then as soon as there's a transition or his opponent is selling he just like drops his arms to his side and gets a blank look until he gets the signal for the next spot. There might be something there but it's a long ways off.

They also had the Hughes twins (d-von dudley's kids) on and wooo boy did they stink. They had them job to the workhorsemen and they had some incredibly ugly and sloppy spots with jd drakes fat ass. I'm actually surprised they didn't edit around it.

Bear Country has a gimmick change and it's even stupider than the last one. Now theyre "Iron Savages" and look like a shitty retribution knockoff with leather vests and weird half masks. Boulder is still fucking gigantic...they need to figure out a way to make him like a ginger Keith Lee or something. He's too big and strong to be tagging with AEW's Tucker. Just let him pounce dudes and throw cruiserweights 10 feet in the air like they did with Lee early on and he could be a midcard monster heel.

They also let AR Fox get a win. The AEW fan base seems to have taken a real liking to him despite him never even getting a promo. He's great at flashy flippy shit but his basics are solid too, which makes sense considering he's a fairly well respected trainer. If the roster wasn't so bloated I would probably say he should be a good opening match kinda guy but it's hard to get excited about yet another skinny indy dude. That being said, I do go back and watch his hell of war match with Killshot (Swerve) from LU at least twice a year. That match really reminded me that death match wrestling doesn't have to be a bunch of weirdos publicly cutting themselves for attention, if you use the weapons somewhat logically and to add to the tension of the match itself then it can be super engaging.

Didn't watch Dynamite yet. I'm downloading it now but I have a meeting at 9am so I'm waiting until after that to watch it

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #984 on: December 29, 2022, 08:02:06 AM »
AR Fox has been teaming with Top Flight lately.   They had a decently big win last week winning that battle royale

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #985 on: December 29, 2022, 02:31:36 PM »
Man Kip Sabian is bad. It's not even the fact that he wears more eyeliner than his wife or his in ring style can best be described as "prancing around", overall he just has that bad campy overacting style that screams NXT reject.

Is Hook the most protected wrestler in a major company right now? I'm guessing they'll have him tag with Hungle Boy and keep his segments short the next time we see him wrestle. I think putting him with Big Bill who's obviously trained in that highly scripted spot to spot style is a smart move too.

Swerve is great. Parker Boudreaux and Roid Raff are not.

Almost fell asleep during the trios match. Fenix is fucking amazing haha. The set dive was great but the sell of the v trigger immediately after was even better. The rest of it felt kind of repetitive and predictable. The locomotion northern lights always looks hokey to begin with but then they insist on making it a superman spot. Blehh.

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd construct... That Jeff Jarrett diss track was kind of fire. Some pretty witty stuff in there, the Lethal stuff got a nice wince and chuckle out of me. I popped for Taz describing it as "snug" as well haha

Anna and Tay suck and their sloppy pillow fight garbage could not be saved by Willow. I had to laugh at the people in the crowd constantly streaming to the bathroom during that one. Deathly quiet any time Anna and Tay were on offense. Ruby seems to have sloppy spots and awkward timing every time I watch her. She kind of sucks too.

Wardlow vs Joe was kinda dumb but Joe is so good it doesn't matter. I sometimes forget that he's actually one of the best promos in the world. Also has to be the best kickout artist still wrestling today. Wardlows selling the leg was... Inconsistent? I'm not sure what it was, but it came off kind of weird. A for effort though. Decent little episode of beef on beef violence

Joe slowly turning into Shrek needs to be a storyline in 2023.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #986 on: December 29, 2022, 03:08:59 PM »
I didn't fall asleep! I made it through a whole episode. Lets go!

Mostly agree with you Mr. Rapedick.

BD and Ethan Page had a pretty good match even though I just don't like BD that much. I was like "Why is stokely wearing a hat?" Then I remembered the insult from last week and that was pretty funny. Stokely is great.

The Acclaimed diss track was awesome. I need to listen to that again. The disses were coming pretty fast.

Willow is gonna need to snap one day and be a monster heel. She should be mowing over these tiny little girls. The ass girls aren't getting much better at wrestling and they don't do the ass clap for their entrance anymore. WHACK!

I liked Joe vs. Wardlow. You are probably right with the inconsistent selling of the knee, but he sold it for the finish when it mattered. Darby at the end was sick.

Jericho's backstage promo was good and it is exactly what WWe is lacking right now. None of those dudes can carry a story with just their words.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #987 on: December 29, 2022, 03:20:56 PM »
Romans gotta be more protected.   Even when they finally take the belt off of him, they will have an excuse baked in like he wrestled both nights of Wrestlemania or something like that.   

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #988 on: December 29, 2022, 03:23:47 PM »
Also,

Those dudes with Swerve are the fucking worst. They had no clue what to do and how to give a proper ass whooping. Keith had to do a lot of work to look good geting beat up. These dudes were clueless.

Hungle Hook is pretty tight. Yes, they protect Hook, but I like him.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?