Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 40930 times)

ChicoTheTorch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« on: August 04, 2021, 10:45:18 PM »
I didn’t see one, so I’m starting one
I’m a diehard wrestling fan, and I know that there’s some other fans here too (has to be, it’s mostly a sausage fest here)

A couple topics to talk about
The Bray Wyatt release.
One word: moronic

Matt Cardona (Zack Ryder) in deathmatches, a video game scenario come to life. I’m still baffled by that one

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 08:34:47 AM »
I started a wrestling thread years ago, it might still exist somewhere on here, but definitely welcome to a new one. WWE is a damn shit show right now.

I could've done without The Fiend, but Bray Wyatt the cult leader from the swamp with Harper and Rowan was bad ass. The firefly funhouse had some great moments too.

Surprisingly, the two things I actually like are fucking Reginald and Baron Corbin.

AEW on the other hand....... so much good going on over there. Jericho and Juventud last night was OK. Judas Effect off the top rope was really nice.

Cody Rhodes got his fucking head kicked off last night and it was great.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 08:48:29 AM »
someone here speaks exclusively in wrestling gifs he would like this

ChicoTheTorch

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 05:45:17 PM »
someone here speaks exclusively in wrestling gifs he would like this

he is now my favorite slap pal

ChicoTheTorch

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 05:47:16 PM »
I started a wrestling thread years ago, it might still exist somewhere on here, but definitely welcome to a new one. WWE is a damn shit show right now.

I could've done without The Fiend, but Bray Wyatt the cult leader from the swamp with Harper and Rowan was bad ass. The firefly funhouse had some great moments too.

Surprisingly, the two things I actually like are fucking Reginald and Baron Corbin.

AEW on the other hand....... so much good going on over there. Jericho and Juventud last night was OK. Judas Effect off the top rope was really nice.

WWE is a joke nowadays, I just keep up with news and watch the old classics on Peacock and DVDs. I keep up with AEW news as well but where I have no cable (streaming services only) I cant watch weekly unless they have some kind of TNT on demand

Kaiju Foster

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 06:48:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

WWE is a joke nowadays, I just keep up with news and watch the old classics on Peacock and DVDs. I keep up with AEW news as well but where I have no cable (streaming services only) I cant watch weekly unless they have some kind of TNT on demand

It’s pretty easy to find a livestream of them online somewhere when they air each week, that’s how my brother keeps up. Just gotta search around a little bit.

I was always more of an old-school ECW and FMW guy myself, but I fuck with AEW and shit here and there, as well. Moxley has been dope since his indie/deathmatch days.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 09:40:48 PM by Kaiju Foster »

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 06:51:53 AM »
In the late 80s, early 90s, my great grandmother used to watch WWF on her TV in the kitchen, while eating oreos, yelling and cursing and the wrestlers on screen.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 08:28:59 AM »
I actually just read Bret Hart's book and am more of a fan after doing so. I watch some AEW, NJPW, and check out matches of smaller promotions from around the world. It's only been in the last year that i've started watching again since the mid 00's and i'm loving it.

Like skateboarding, there's just so much stuff to keep up with if you're a die hard fan. I'm appreciating it much more as an adult. What a unique, hilarious, and beautiful art form.

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 10:58:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://watchwrestling.in/

I watch everything on this website, aew, occasionally nxt and bigger wwe ppvs. Aew ppvs are hit and miss though, sometimes they’ll get taken down pretty quick.

Kaiju Foster

• Rep: 18
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 11:32:34 AM »
I actually just read Bret Hart's book and am more of a fan after doing so. I watch some AEW, NJPW, and check out matches of smaller promotions from around the world. It's only been in the last year that i've started watching again since the mid 00's and i'm loving it.

Like skateboarding, there's just so much stuff to keep up with if you're a die hard fan. I'm appreciating it much more as an adult. What a unique, hilarious, and beautiful art form.

Bret Harts book is so damn good.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2021, 12:20:13 PM »
Check out u/brethartburiesthis on Reddit, fucking hilarious
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2021, 01:47:03 PM »
I haven't watched WWE since Eddie Guerrero died (RIP). I was big into the independent scene (ROH, PWG, IWA-MS) for a while but haven't checked it out in a long time.

That being said, last night I got baked as fuck and watched some old Japanese matches I hadn't watched in 15 years.

You want some good matches ? Watch the matches from the Misawa/Kobashi rivalry. Some of the best and stiffest matches of all time. These guys were built different.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2021, 05:02:56 PM »
Just wanted to second the love for AEW and for rewatching classic matches on peacock. Anybody else have any good old merch that brings up memories? I still have my LOD what a rush hat and Bret Hart sunglasses (see post my fit thread) from when I saw wwf live as a kid. Still fits!

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2021, 06:00:12 PM »
I agree with some of the sentiments about wwe. I followed them pretty consistently around 2017, but the constant insider news about wrestler frustration, dissatisfaction from fans, the tendencies to drop the ball and capitalize on certain wrestlers by playing to their strengths... it got tired after awhile. Vince is considered the stalwart and know-all for what's good, but really he's just one guy, and his arbitrary decision making and restrictive style on creativity and everything makes it sucks a lot. They still do some things that are great and captivating though, like this segment with Finn vs. Reigns from last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gCNP5Gy4hs

...it was pretty simple and got me psyched in a way that AEW promos aren't always able to. I mostly just feel bad for wwe talent -- very expendable. They're all just all trying to appease the guy at the top of the company. I haven't been watching enough of anything to really get a good feel, though.

This aew twist-segment from this week was also pretty good. But I preferred the one with Finn just cause he's in the spotlight again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBmKXTj4bhk

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2021, 09:24:47 AM »
I watched the latest Dynamite last night and that Cody promo was fuckin weird, like most of them. I don't get how much is a character (and if so what that character is meant to be exactly), or whether he just really thinks he's that much of a big deal. It's odd.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Rocko

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 10:51:03 AM »
I watched the latest Dynamite last night and that Cody promo was fuckin weird, like most of them. I don't get how much is a character (and if so what that character is meant to be exactly), or whether he just really thinks he's that much of a big deal. It's odd.

Cody is definitely a mark for himself. Not hating, but he really does think he’s that much of a big deal. Like his 5 minute long entrances through the middle tunnel with the whole nightmare factory. But the crowd eats it up so more power to him

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2021, 11:10:25 AM »
Cody Rhodes gives me Steven Segal vibes.
Very masturbatory.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 11:33:54 AM »
i tune in to wwe every now and then and will watch PPVs on Peacock if i'm home and bored.

AEW wasn't really my thing when it first started but it's growing on me a lot.

i did however go to a wwe live show a couple weeks ago and after a few beers that was the most fun i've had in a while. Floor seats were only 50 bucks and the crowd down there got you hyped up.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 01:02:58 PM »
Cody Rhodes gives me Steven Segal vibes.
Very masturbatory.

masturbatory is the word. At first I thought it was a gimmick where he'd get more and more arrogant with the entrances / promos etc until he eventually started to get heat from the crowd and turn heel, but seems he actually does just think he's some sort of god.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2021, 10:51:59 PM »
The pop for CM Punk tonight was probably the craziest pop I've ever seen in all my years watching wrestling.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2021, 01:59:19 PM »
The pop for CM Punk tonight was probably the craziest pop I've ever seen in all my years watching wrestling.

I’m still buzzing from it
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2021, 02:31:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m still buzzing from it

Missed Rampage but first thing I did when I woke up was watch the replay. What a pop. Daniel Bryant/Brian Danielson’s pop will be huge too. AEW is just blowing WWE out right now. Only good thing going for them is Roman Reigns.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2021, 08:45:55 PM »
CM pop Punk.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2021, 12:12:33 PM »
I really like Becky Lynch, but damn they did Bianca Bel Air dirty as hell at SummerSlam.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2021, 01:43:25 PM »
I bought lower level my ticket for AEW Grand Slam for $25. Last Friday made the stock shoot wayy up.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2021, 04:15:48 PM »
Very happy to see this. So before I got into skateboarding, WWE (Then WWF) & WCW was all I cared about. The first match I ever saw was Eddie Guerrero (RIP) VS Rey Mysterio in WCW. I remember being mesmerized & just had to see more. My grandfather was a fan since the days of Ernie the Cat Ladd & Bruno Samartino, along with Freddie Blassie when he had the gimmick of filing his teeth. Anyway, wrestling was everything. Absolutely loved the Sting/NWO era & was happy to see the Attitude Era go on & then I think what would be considered the Ruthless aggression Era with the likes of Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton, John Cena all make their debut in WWE & become huge. I have quite a few action figures still sealed as I was collecting up until the 8th grade when I started skating. Since then, I sort of stopped watching regularly but always stayed in the loop as my grandfather would keep me posted up until he died. My grandmother too was into it & growing up with them was fun as when I would come downstairs for breakfast or come home, they would tell me what happened on RAW or Smackdown. Funniest thing I remember is the time my grandfather ordered a Pay Per View of when Sting beat Hollywood Hulk Hogan for the WCW title; I had a sneezing fit & my grandfather became visibly pissed because he couldn't hear Eric Bischeoff's announcement. I miss those days!

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2021, 03:49:48 PM »
Love hearing great memories so I thought I’d share this program I kept from when I saw WWF in 92. Piper, Hulk, Bret Hart, and Flair all on the same bill! I was also a big Sid Justice and British Bulldog fan. I was young, but I remember Crush from Demolition was debuting his Kona Crush persona which I don’t remember lasting too long. Still a lot of kids seemed to be into it, hell his finisher was just like a 2 hand head crush maneuver, what’s not to love?

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2021, 07:05:33 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPwS9MNlhEP/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPovS9_FquL/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPjUxzglb28/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPRIJHkl5rc/

Check out these wrestling collages that I make. Holla at me for the Slap Pals discount. If you have a certain wrestler you would like immortalized in collage form, let me know and I can see what I can do.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2021, 08:36:07 AM »

Check out these wrestling collages that I make. Holla at me for the Slap Pals discount. If you have a certain wrestler you would like immortalized in collage form, let me know and I can see what I can do.

These are awesome, really like the Flair and Foley ones
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2021, 10:30:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These are awesome, really like the Flair and Foley ones

THANKS!!!!