Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 40900 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2022, 01:50:30 PM »
http://oswreview.com/episodes/

This is the best shit.

Im a patreon patron haha. They're a big part of what made me get into wrestling again since they basically covered my entire childhood in the hogan/megapowers/Lex Express arcs.

Wrestling with wregret is good too, but it's shorter and more of a direct review with less side bits and background info.

I've also been enjoying these guys a lot

https://youtube.com/c/JarvisWashingmachine

Its basically like getting stoned and watching old wrestling with your friends.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2022, 02:46:58 PM »
If you guys are looking for podcasts/background noise I highly recommend Deadlock's Retro Reviews
. This and Cornette's show have been getting me through work for the past month or so.

https://youtu.be/42uLhQsB8FY
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2022, 12:55:49 AM »
If you guys are looking for podcasts/background noise I highly recommend Deadlock's Retro Reviews
. This and Cornette's show have been getting me through work for the past month or so.

https://youtu.be/42uLhQsB8FY

Just added it to my podcast app. I wear a PAPR at work a lot so I'm basically in a space helmet with a fan blowing in my ear for hours at a time and I'm always listening to something. Lots of wrestling lately. I listen to the drive thru most of the time just because JCE is a little too heavy on fluff and it's hard for me to skip around when I'm all suited up.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2022, 08:08:05 PM »
Anyone watch MLW? It was on my autoplay after watching dark and elevation so I watched a couple shows and enjoyed it. It's definitely inspired by lucha underground in terms of presentation and story but the actual wrestling is a weird blend of pure lucha and US indy.

Its pretty solid... I've heard Cornette verbally fellate Jacob Fatu plenty of times but had never seen him work until now. He's definitely got that "islander beast" style down pat, best I've seen it done since Umaga. Also really digging some of their monsters like Mads Krugger. It's such a lucha gimmick but it's tailored more to an audience that grew up on WWF style sports entertainment. Really interesting. Im gonna keep watching I think.

Rocko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2022, 09:34:37 AM »
https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1498343208111075332?s=20&t=723u1Te3UgDHXaOvwnvYNQ

Any of you pals in the IE? Rampage is coming to Ontario on June 3rd. Pretty sure it’s aew’s first time west of Vegas. I’ll be going for sure

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2022, 12:16:48 PM »
So I'm now reading two Wrestlemania matches planned are Vince McMahon vs. Pat McAffee and Kevin Owens vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin. And now Brock vs Roman will be to unify the titles.

Looks like they figured out their talent pool wasn't deep enough to carry 2 world champs. They don't even have a roster deep enough to put on Wrestlemania without the extra characters from outside. Logan Paul, Knoxville, now this? The whole show gonna be part timers and celebrities.

It should go back to one night, make it the best 4 hour show possible, whatever that means.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2022, 12:24:28 PM »
Also,

I hosted Darby Allin on Friday night for a skate sesh. He's a real nice dude.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2022, 09:35:10 PM »
Also,

I hosted Darby Allin on Friday night for a skate sesh. He's a real nice dude.

Dude! This is so fucking cool haha. Get him on slap!

I found his YouTube channel a little while back and he has 2 GIANT (like 7 foot tall) metal deathwish logos in his living room and a bunch of hockey/FA shit on the wall. Was he skating theeves? I always find myself pausing and trying to figure out what his setup is when he has his board on screen with him - It's like 2 of my nerdy hobbies colliding in one cluster fuck of weirdness. I think he has indys now but I'm almost positive I saw him on theeves at one point, it's such a weirdly specific thing to recall that I feel like it has to be true.

Glad to hear he was cool to you. When I watch behind the scenes stuff I sometimes think I'd get along with him, but others I kinda suspect he's got some kooky tendencies. No real concrete reason, just a vibe. He's fucking amazing in the ring though and I'm never not gonna cheer for a skating wrestler, especially when they make it part of their gimmick. Even Shane Douglas' bitter unlikeable ass would get a cheap nostalgia pop from me if he came out in full dynamic dude regalia. Also the dude did tail drop 5-0 a fucking ladder directly into a gnarly hill bomb, that was pretty impressive.

Edit: Just watched BTE... I think one of my favorite things about AEW right now is seeing Billy Gunn being this like legend that no one wants to fuck with. I guess it helps that he's fucking massive and still in ring shape somehow, but I crack up watching the scared younger guys interact with him. It's equal parts deference out of respect for his career and legit fear because he's still built like a brick shit house.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 10:02:50 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2022, 07:43:35 PM »
Decent episode of elevation this week. Lance Archer vs Fuego was pretty awesome, really enjoying Archer since he came back. Hope he's working with Wardlow and some of the other huge dudes backstage because he's doing the "uncontrollable monster" thing really well on these underneath shows.

I'm actually interested if they're going to like use the fact the entire world hates Russia right now to try and get Layla Hirsch over as a heel (she's really not doing a good job of it herself) or do you think that kind of thing has been sort of "left behind"  by or wrestling (or that AEW will see itself as being "above" that)? Will they even acknowledge it? She does have a Russian flag on her tights. If this was the fed they'd bring back Nikolai Volkoff to manage her and have her wearing a bearskin hat and carrying a bottle of vodka with a hammer and sickle then put her into a squash program with Brooke Hogan.

Also just heard that AEW is coming back to the burgh... And they're doing it on 4/20 haha. I don't know anyone that will want to go with me and ringside/ramp tickets are stupidly expensive so I'll probably end up sitting in the bowl by myself but I think I have to go.

Edit: Holy shit Cain Velasquez shot someone. Like shoot shot someone.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 09:07:09 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2022, 05:50:16 AM »
I think AEW are too smart to do the "foreign heel" gimmick. Especially doing it right now with a Russian, that would be in horrible taste. I don't think the world is against the Russian people right now, just a select few of them.

I wonder what's going to happen tonight. Tony K has been wanking himself silly with hype again. I want to stay up and watch it but it doesn't start till 1am here and I still need to watch last week's first.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2022, 09:21:05 AM »
I think AEW are too smart to do the "foreign heel" gimmick. Especially doing it right now with a Russian, that would be in horrible taste. I don't think the world is against the Russian people right now, just a select few of them.

I wonder what's going to happen tonight. Tony K has been wanking himself silly with hype again. I want to stay up and watch it but it doesn't start till 1am here and I still need to watch last week's first.

I really wish they would put Dynamite and rampage full shows on the YouTube like a week later for this exact reason. I leave for work at 5am so I don't always have time to stay up and watch and the YouTube clips don't really cover as much as I'd like them to. I guess because they have a contract with turner for those shows it probably complicates things though. You can find torrents pretty easy and they tend to be very well seeded but like this is one of those times that I like a product enough to not want to pirate it haha.

I think I'm going to actually pony up for revolution just for that reason. To be honest the card really doesn't excite me other than the ladder match but I almost feel like I'm obligated to buy it because of how much enjoyment I've been getting out of it (for free) the last few months. I even legitimately popped for Adam Cole winning the BTE title on the last episode haha. He better have that belt on TV this week.

Actually you just reminded me that I still have half of the new Dark episode to watch. Gonna throw that on now while I set up a board.

Edit: A lot of people are predicting that the big announcement is AEW and NJPW partnering up so we can get AEW wrestlers in the G1. Isn't g1 usually a fall thing? I feel like the last one wasn't that long ago. I feel like it's going to be something else ... Maybe just another unexpected fed star or maybe they did something actually interesting like buying ROH and merging it with dark and elevation? Totally spitballing here btw.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 10:05:20 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2022, 11:25:38 AM »
I think you can watch full episodes on tnt.com if the YouTube is not enough for you.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2022, 11:44:27 AM »
Can't you watch the TV on Fite for $5 a month or something
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2022, 03:10:40 PM »
Can't you watch the TV on Fite for $5 a month or something

I can watch it on TBS/TNT's site, I'd just rather have it be something where I'm directly monetizing them and just having it all in one place.

I actually bought an AEW t shirt but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to wear wrestling stuff in public yet. I do have 2 pairs of vintage silk WCW boxer shorts (Goldberg and NWO Wolfpack lol) that I sometimes bop around in but I think the last time I wore a wrestling shirt was one of the original EC F'N W shirts when I was like 13 (so 97/98ish) . That was the last time I was this engaged and happy with wrestling.

Edit: missed the first hour of Dynamite, flipped it on just in time for Punk's promo. Fuck yeah... That was exactly what I was hoping for with the jew boy promo. Bloody, gross wrasslin with super baby face Sting making the save... strong 90s wcw vibes there. Wheres my Wolfpack boxers?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 06:14:43 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2022, 06:47:30 PM »
Hahahaha holy shit I totally forgot about TK's big announcement and I can't believe it's actually exactly what I predicted as the "wild card" option.

Makes sense, there were lots of rumors that they were being sold but Sinclair was denying it. I didn't look too deeply into it yet, did they mention if they're going to have a broadcast deal if they want?

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2022, 06:51:37 AM »
I know they had a TV deal at least in Tampa it played on a local channel on either friday or saturday nights. I think they actually still playing reruns of it.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2022, 08:35:48 AM »
I really like Wardlow and can't wait for his turn on MJF. Punk bled so hard last night.

I was very hyped on Danhausen but why hasn't he wrestled yet? They are overdoing the curse and I'm losing interest already.

My wife is big mad right now though. She hated the Undisputed Era and is pissed they are in AEW. "I stopped watching NXT for a reason and now these assholes are on my TV again!"

Darby, Sammy, and Andrade are gonna tear the fucking house down on Friday.

As of now NXT has one thing I like. Nikkita Lyons aka Yam Yam Bigelow aka Thicc Foley aka Thicky the Wagon Steamboat aka Claptus Jack aka PAWG Van Dam

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2022, 04:40:17 PM »
I really like Wardlow and can't wait for his turn on MJF. Punk bled so hard last night.

I was very hyped on Danhausen but why hasn't he wrestled yet? They are overdoing the curse and I'm losing interest already.

My wife is big mad right now though. She hated the Undisputed Era and is pissed they are in AEW. "I stopped watching NXT for a reason and now these assholes are on my TV again!"

As of now NXT has one thing I like. Nikkita Lyons aka Yam Yam Bigelow aka Thicc Foley aka Thicky the Wagon Steamboat aka Claptus Jack aka PAWG Van Dam

this is too good hahahah

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2022, 06:22:22 PM »

Dude I'm dying hahahhaha. Thicky the Wagon crumpled any resistance I could have had to actually laughing out loud.

You're just ahead of the curve on Danhausen. I found out about him from YouTube indy smark videos and was super hyped on him at first ("oh he's creepy but funny! I like those 2 things!") but he's actually kind of boring once you get past the funny voice and gimmicks. He wrecked his knee last fall so that's why he hasn't been wrestling but we aren't missing much there. He's not particularly athletic so basically it's just your standard" skinny indy dude with a day job" style with lots of thigh slaps and repetitive strikes.

I'm kinda with your wife on UE too. They stood out somewhat in NXT but AEW has plenty of guys who can do the same thing (and arguably do it better) and we really don't need another "strong" tag team that has to be protected and everyone will whine they're being buried if they lose a match. They don't really do much for me and O'Reilly has such a punchable face.

For sure watching Rampage too. Darby and Sammy are always a good show, and I've really come around on Andrade. Dude is a smooth operator between the ropes. If you ever get super bored or stoned check out some of the stuff from his lucha days as La Sombra, it's fun to watch even if I have no idea what they're saying. My only apprehension is that they all have to wrestle a PPV on Sunday so I don't know how hard they'll go or if it will turn into an angle. I feel like Sting and Matt Hardy's limitations mean they won't go balls out on Sunday and will probably want to put on a show on rampage, but I'm here for it either way.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2022, 08:10:07 PM »
Ok just got around to watching the darby/sammy/Andrade match. Holy shit. That superplex powerbomb tower was fucking crazy. Andrade playing the power guy and being seriously called "the big guy" is hilarious. He's 5'9. Then again, it was Taz saying it. Really fun match even if it was a bit indyriffic. Some of those spots and transitions were really creative and goddamn can those 3 work. Andrade might legit be one of the best, most versatile wrestlers in the company. I don't think I've ever seen him have a bad match.

Fucking legit popped seeing Penta Oscuro break someones arm. I really hope they give him a chance to show what he can do on the biggest stage again because it's always awesome and dark armbreaking lucha underground penta is the best version of him.

Stoked for revolution.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 09:21:00 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2022, 07:07:05 PM »
Just finished the dog collar match. Revolution has been a banger so far.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2022, 01:09:29 AM »
Tuned in a little late, right around the middle of the tag match. Jesus what a spot fest. Great stuff.

Ladder match was sick. I wish they had more time but they paced that really well. Not a ton of wasting time slowly climbing a ladder which is always nice. Wardlow hit all his spots until that final one, I think starks dropped before he was ready but it still worked since he's a great seller. Definitely the right guy to win it.

Not really feeling Tay vs Jade, Jade does nothing for me. Gonna use this match to get very high. Tay looks hot as fuck with the face paint. Anna Jay has the best ass in wrestling right now. Not quite Thicky the Wagon but perfectly shaped and tight enough to bounce a quarter off of. That was mercifully short. Wish Tay won.

Oh fuck here we go, dog collar time. No bullshit from max?Holy shit ROH punk! What an amazing entrance, might be the first time I've been excited to hear AFI... MJF is so so good. Please no more indy woop woop chants, this match is better than that. Goddamn punk is just going full Flair in his old age isn't he haha? Dudes bleeding every time I see him these days. Now max is bleeding too. This is awesome, I feel like I'm watching a territory match with the pacing and blood. Cody must be so jealous. This is so good. The little shit, punk selling his knee and max selling his hand is great. Oh shit! Was that the Wardlow face turn? What. A. Fucking. Match. I had high expectations but they killed it. Obviously early but I feel like that will get MOTY hype.

OK I got up to piss and get food during Britt vs Thunder Rosa and quit taking notes and just got stoned and watched after that haha.

Mox vs Danielson was a masterpiece. I really enjoyed the commentary team during that match and it was just bloody and brutal even if the finish confused the live audience. Always gonna pop seeing William Regal too. Love that dude.

Tornado 6 man was chaos but I enjoyed it. Sammy is what Joey Janela would be if he had talent. That Spanish fly was nuts. Popped so hard seeing Sting take an ECW bump too hahaha. I better be doing shit like that when I'm 60.

Main event was great but the Adams are so talented it was almost impossible for it to not be. I was ready for it to be over at that point though.

Overall it was fun and I really enjoyed my first PPV in decades. Highlights for me were Wardlow, Sting, and that fucking dog collar match.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2022, 09:37:31 AM »
OH FUCKING BOY!!!!

THAT SHIT WAS AWESOME!!!

I missed the women's match on the buy-in but holy shit Penta is one of the greatest. I'm over the mist in the eyes gimmick in all of wrestling though. It needs to go away.

Eddie and Jericho was decent enough, glad Eddie got the win.

Both women's match were whatever but Tay and Jay got some ass. It would be great to see Jungle Boy and Sammy Guevara somehow team up with their gimmick being they bonded over dating the two hottest women in AEW. Double date vignettes where they just argue with each other and somehow find common ground in the fact they get to smash the best cheeks in the business.They could just call themselves the Ass boys and create a fued with The Gunn Club over the silly name that the Gunn Club hate anyways. OK enough of that.

Wardlow is awesome.

I'm disappointed in how little MJF bled. Like he tried and it hardened to fast and covered his wound and just dried up. Punk on the other hand I thought might bleed out cuz they got him going hard early in the match. Crazy shit. Loved the finish.

The triple threat tag was fucking amazing. So many creative spots. The last one where Jungle Boy hit the frankensteiner of the top rope into the german suplex was special.

Moxley v Danielson was as violent as I hoped it would be with a great way to bring out Regal. I just finished reading the chapter in Mox's book about him so that was really cool to see.

Trios tag was mental. I was skeptical when Sting debuted because his WWE run was so blah but dammit the man can still go and is more than willing to take some gnarly bumps. Even though Darby missed the coffin drop. Sammy always goes big on the PPV's

Unfortunately this is where I fell asleep. Through repeated attempts by my wife to wake me up, I just couldn't fight it anymore. She woke me up one last time for the final buckshot lariat and the win. Bummed that I spent the $50 and can't rewatch it.

Great PPV.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2022, 06:29:56 PM »
OH FUCKING BOY!!!!

THAT SHIT WAS AWESOME!!!

I missed the women's match on the buy-in but holy shit Penta is one of the greatest. I'm over the mist in the eyes gimmick in all of wrestling though. It needs to go away.

Eddie and Jericho was decent enough, glad Eddie got the win.

Both women's match were whatever but Tay and Jay got some ass. It would be great to see Jungle Boy and Sammy Guevara somehow team up with their gimmick being they bonded over dating the two hottest women in AEW. Double date vignettes where they just argue with each other and somehow find common ground in the fact they get to smash the best cheeks in the business.They could just call themselves the Ass boys and create a fued with The Gunn Club over the silly name that the Gunn Club hate anyways. OK enough of that.

Wardlow is awesome.

I'm disappointed in how little MJF bled. Like he tried and it hardened to fast and covered his wound and just dried up. Punk on the other hand I thought might bleed out cuz they got him going hard early in the match. Crazy shit. Loved the finish.

The triple threat tag was fucking amazing. So many creative spots. The last one where Jungle Boy hit the frankensteiner of the top rope into the german suplex was special.

Moxley v Danielson was as violent as I hoped it would be with a great way to bring out Regal. I just finished reading the chapter in Mox's book about him so that was really cool to see.

Trios tag was mental. I was skeptical when Sting debuted because his WWE run was so blah but dammit the man can still go and is more than willing to take some gnarly bumps. Even though Darby missed the coffin drop. Sammy always goes big on the PPV's

Unfortunately this is where I fell asleep. Through repeated attempts by my wife to wake me up, I just couldn't fight it anymore. She woke me up one last time for the final buckshot lariat and the win. Bummed that I spent the $50 and can't rewatch it.

Great PPV.

Ran into the exact same issue with running out of steam late in the show and after rewatching the main event so did the crown I think. I have a link to the 1080P download if you want, I can pm it to you. I don't think it's piracy if we actually paid for the ppv and just watch it ourselves right?

I watched the buy in when I got home from work today and I had literally the exact same reaction about the mist. It was only cool when Muta did it because it didn't happen every match. House of black doesn't do much for me, it seems like an NXT gimmick and not just because of who's in it. Dark motherfucking Penta oscuro breaking arms is awesome and I'm here for it..that nerd Abrahantes needs to chill out though. You're not a sith bro.

Felt the same about the blade jobs too haha. Max didn't go deep enough but Punk more than made up for it. I feel like it somewhat stole the spotlight from the mox/danielson match though, two hard hitting violent bloody hard to watch matches on the same PPV felt a little too stuffed. I'd rather they had saved it for the next ppv.

Also agree wholeheartedly about Sting. I was apprehensive at first because he was one of my childhood heroes (surfer, not crow) but man he seems like he's having a blast even if he could barely stand up after that match. Great form on the dive too.

Im once again cracking up at Sammy and Jungle Boy stealing the Ass boys gimmick hahaha. When Tay Jay do that little hip bump thing that makes both their asses jiggle in their entrance I slow-mo it 100% of the time.

Wardlow IS awesome. I can't believe no one knew about this dude.

Hit me up if you want the DL or daily motion links

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2022, 10:24:29 AM »
I really like how they built up Wardlow. Love it when they introduce the big guys as bodyguards just to start establishing a character for when they are ready. Wardlow wasn't ready two years ago when AEW started. Much like how Diesel was built up with Shawn Michaels. He didn't wrestle for awhile but when he was ready to debut in the ring, the character work and establishing him as a big badass is already done. But I honestly think Wardlow will be a better worker than Nash was, he was never really super talented just had the look and the right people around him.

Vince will absolutely try to sign him once his contract is up. Vince nuts for dudes like this.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2022, 12:11:55 PM »
I really like how they built up Wardlow. Love it when they introduce the big guys as bodyguards just to start establishing a character for when they are ready. Wardlow wasn't ready two years ago when AEW started. Much like how Diesel was built up with Shawn Michaels. He didn't wrestle for awhile but when he was ready to debut in the ring, the character work and establishing him as a big badass is already done. But I honestly think Wardlow will be a better worker than Nash was, he was never really super talented just had the look and the right people around him.

Vince will absolutely try to sign him once his contract is up. Vince nuts for dudes like this.

Oh dude all I could think of when I saw Wardlow jump up on that ladder was the gif of Vince falling back in his chair haha. In all honesty he's still probably not "ready" for a title run but the hype is there and they've built it up perfectly so they kind of have to give it to him. I think he's already better than Nash in the ring, but he definitely needs experience and polishing. I feel like as long as he's in there with the right people he'll be great but he's not quite ready to carry a match on his own yet. Honestly though I feel like Max is the perfect opponent for him in so many ways including the fact that he's usually smooth and composed beyond his years in the ring, I'm really excited to see how it plays out.

Just watched BTE. Cutlers shots of the tag match are worth checking out. Jungle boy is so good, he has to have the best balance of any non luchador and I'm going to go ahead and say he's got my favorite shooting star press since Liger. They also teased Hangman and the Bucks getting into a program together and made multiple not so subtle references to Jeff Hardy haha. That's gonna be so much fun when he debuts, if they go into a program with private party and Andrade we're probably gonna get some more awesome shit.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2022, 10:52:15 PM »
Ok i was right, Jeff Hardy debuting was fun and campy as hell haha. So glad they did the classic music.

Also I could listen to William Regal talk for hours. Seeing him get choked up thanking Tony for whatever it was Tony did for him back in the day was pretty nice.

Wardlow is surprisingly eloquent on the mic, it's a little stiff and rehearsed and he needs to learn to slow down but this dude really is Vince's wet dream haha.

Keith Lee needs to get out of this team Taz storyline fast. I know him and Starks are boys so he probably requested it but he's not established enough to be feuding with AEW's 5th most powerful faction and make it seem like he's elevating them rather than them dragging him down the card.

Thunder Rosa freaking out as Tony announced that it was going to be a cage match next week was some nice old school territory stuff.

Sammy is fucking nuts. I may have said this before, but this is probably what Janela would look like if he had talent. That bump might have been even crazier than the one at revolution. Scorpio sky doesn't do anything for me, I doubt he's gonna get over so I hope the belt goes to someone like Keith Lee soon.

Edit: Just watched dark and elevation... They had Session Moth Martina on haha.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 11:08:13 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2022, 05:06:37 AM »
I gotta quit getting so high on Wednesdays. Fell asleep again. Wifey woke me up to see Jeff Hardy come out. That was cool.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2022, 05:27:26 AM »
I gotta quit getting so high on Wednesdays. Fell asleep again. Wifey woke me up to see Jeff Hardy come out. That was cool.

I did the same thing haha, and it always takes forever for them to put the replay up on the TBS site so this week I found a fan site that uploads the Fite and turner broadcasts as soon as the show is over.

Yesterday I started watching ECW hardcore TV, starting at the beginning of 96 because I was able to find most of the episodes with the original audio restored. It's pretty good, totally forgot Tully and Ron Simmons were there at that time haha. One episode has a killer Benoit vs 2 cold scorpio match, it was like something straight out of mid 90s new Japan.. High work rate with a bunch of stiff spots and false finishes. I always forget how  ahead of his time Scorpio was, the dude was doing crazy ass spins and flips in the early 90s and he had to be legitimately over 225 pounds so he wasn't just some indy ballerina either.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2022, 06:01:19 AM »
2 Cold Scorpio was the fucking truth and his interviews in Dark Side of the Ring are fucking hilarious.