Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 40923 times)

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2022, 11:38:27 AM »
I’m praying Lesnar is slated to win versus Reigns. Just pulled out my Lesnar action figure, still sealed as it’s the 1st one from 02/03? Ruthless aggression series if anyone remembers that.

Also, Orange Cassidy is terrible…..

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2022, 02:27:00 AM »
 ???
2 Cold Scorpio was the fucking truth and his interviews in Dark Side of the Ring are fucking hilarious.

For real, Mick's stories about him in his books are awesome too. He was one of my favorites growing up but since he was low on the card you only got to see flashes of how funky he was. Definitely one of those dude who influenced the modern style way more than most people realize.

Big E got his neck broken. He was the only reason I was still occasionally watching the fed... When I open peacock I'd rather rewatch old NWA/ECW than anything wwe is doing now. It seems like the consensus is that ridge fucked up and wasn't doing the move properly, which I guess will happen if you completely gut your roster of experienced and competent talent. Hopefully he's ok long term and can just use it to further his character like sabu, angle, scsa, Miro etc.

Fell asleep literally right after the title sequence on rampage so I'll have to watch it when I get home from work. Still working my way through 95 ECW TV as well, I just got to the ep where the Gangstas get arrested in the ring and its awesome.

I’m praying Lesnar is slated to win versus Reigns. Just pulled out my Lesnar action figure, still sealed as it’s the 1st one from 02/03? Ruthless aggression series if anyone remembers that.

Also, Orange Cassidy is terrible…..

I really don't care who wins, but if I had to pick I'd go Roman just because I think his heel turn and subsequent development as the tribal chief is one of the only things they got right in the last few years. Happy Brock doesn't do anything for me. I'll probably try to watch Mania live just for the spectacle but I doubt I'll make it through the whole show.

Ruthless aggression is right around the time I stopped watching so I don't have a ton of wrestling memories from that era sadly. After ECW and WCW were gone and the fed got so bloated and stupid that there were barely any actual matches I just kinda lost interest. I did get into ROH for a minute around that time, partially because they were on one of the first HD channels we had so I would just watch that channel constantly because of how amazing HDTV seemed at the time haha.

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2022, 09:49:50 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbEqfqau6zp/?utm_medium=copy_link

Nash’s update on Scott hall. He had three heart attacks over the weekend  :'(

Scott will always be in my top 5 favs of all time

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2022, 10:09:00 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbEqfqau6zp/?utm_medium=copy_link

Nash’s update on Scott hall. He had three heart attacks over the weekend  :'(

Scott will always be in my top 5 favs of all time

Never been the biggest fan of either but that post is heartbreaking :(
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Genericwhitemale

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2022, 05:51:50 PM »
Scott Hall passed away about 45mins ago. about 10 hours after being pulled off life support. RIP

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2022, 08:06:21 PM »
It's wild that all this happened when he had complications from hip surgery. Just figured it would be something else to get him like a relapse. Sucks......RIP.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2022, 06:21:42 AM »
Rip to Scott. Razor Ramon one of the greats

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2022, 02:46:51 AM »
Fuck. I mean its a miracle he made it this far (thank DDP) with the condition he was in. Dude cost a lot of people in pro wrestling death pools about a decade ago. Just a tough, no bullshit dude who seemed like the most humble member of the kliq. He was always really good about putting younger wrestlers over, obviously the 123 kid/x-Pac comes to mind first but he did the same thing for dudes like Sal E. Graziano in ECW and a very young Tanahashi in NJPW.

Really the wrestling world lost one of its most beloved and respected members. He had a hell of a real life storyline. Gonna be tough to watch the tributes that I'm sure the fed and AEW will do, but my favorite lesser known version of Hall is Big Scott Hall from the Territories.

And Nash had the nerve to call himself "big sexy" while standing next to this dude...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 05:31:37 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2022, 09:12:58 AM »
Let's see if I can actually remember to turn Dynamite on when  it starts this week. Gonna be interesting to see what storylines they're gonna start to set up for the next ppv. Also expecting lots of love and recognition for the bad guy, Tony loves his surprise guests so it would be really cool if they brought in DDP or Nash or someone like that.

Watched Dark this morning when I got up. Pretty stacked episode - there was even a bucks match (albeit a 6 man house show special with cutler).

Watching elevation right now. I'm sure I've mentioned this before but Skye Blue is hot as fuck. She definitely deserves a booty related nickname from @SHAQUEEFA, I've watched like a dozen of her matches and honestly couldn't even tell you what her finish is because I'm so distracted by that thing looking like it's trying to eat her trunks.

Kilynn King is the generic Walmart version of NXT Becky Lynch.

They should book Serpentico vs  -1 vs Marko Stunt just to make Cornette's head explode. Luther is the worst but its still so hilarious that Jericho has his own Brutus the barber.

John Silver needs to be a single. Reynolds is good in the ring but really kind of a charisma vacuum. I don't see him ever getting past the mid card but I could see Silver getting over big in the right program.

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2022, 09:57:47 AM »
Hardy Boyz together in aew has hit me right in the nostalgia feels.

Also, met Scott Hall and Sean Waltman outside of a venue a couple years ago in Jacksonville. Talked to them for about five minutes and Scott seriously was one of the nicest, humble people even just in that small interaction. RIP to a real legend.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2022, 11:53:17 PM »
Hardy Boyz together in aew has hit me right in the nostalgia feels.

Also, met Scott Hall and Sean Waltman outside of a venue a couple years ago in Jacksonville. Talked to them for about five minutes and Scott seriously was one of the nicest, humble people even just in that small interaction. RIP to a real legend.

AEW in general feels like Monday night wars style pro wrestling at the moment. It really sucked me in a few months ago and they just keep stepping it up. It definitely helps when Vince serves up one of the most popular tag teams ever on a silver platter just in time for their retirement tour too haha.

Dynamite notes -

Only 5 minutes late this time!  What an opener, I'm not the biggest fan of undisputed era but they can definitely hold their own in matches like that. I would have rather seen it end in a fuck finish or dq than having them go over clean, especially after they let hangman and lucha express get so many big spots in.

I like them putting 2.0 with Jericho. That fits pretty well. What the hell are they doing with Jake Hager? I feel like he hasn't wrestled in months. Does he have an mma fight coming up or something?

Wardlow vs scorpio... Fuck that ending. I really don't want sky having a long title reign and I would be fine with them just strapping the rocket to Wardlow. I just see scorpio as like... Jay Lethal without a personality or charisma. Hes fine but boring, and that's not the kind of guy who should be holding the second most important belt in the company. Wardlow vs MJF is gonna be hype though.

Glad to see the hardyz busting out the jncos and spandex to really milk the nostalgia. Jeff looks great. Matt not so much haha. It's hard watching him try to stand up after he takes a bump.

Thunder Rosa should win this. It's time and its in Rosa's home town. And they have a brand new belt. And its in a cage. And it's the main event hahaha. And she does. Good match, nice moment for the fans. No idea why Dustin was out there but it's always nice to see one of my favorite wrestlers ever. I'm getting a little sick of the tacks on every show though. It kinda kills the gimmick when ref Aubrey jumps down and counts the 3 in the middle of them without selling it too.

Not the best Dynamite I've ever seen but pretty good. The hardyz nostalgia trip and the trios match were highlights for me.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2022, 04:28:58 PM »
Fuuuuuck X-pac broke my heart. Apparently Hall actually relapsed during the pandemic and was in bad shape. His close friends knew, but they kept it out of the spotlight. Apparently he fell and broke his hip and couldn't move and was laying in his house for a few days until DDP went to check on him and found him. That started the chain of events that ultimately lead to the surgery, blood clot, and ultimately death.

This hurts on a couple levels... One because I'm an addict who's lost so, so much to it and no matter how far away I get from that lifestyle there's always the fear in the back of my head that I'm going to end up that way. The fact that even right up to the end he felt like he had to hide it because he didn't want to disappoint people who looked up to him hits home... That shame. That fear. It fucking sucks.

The other is because of my job I'm acutely aware of exactly what his last days entailed. That also fucking sucks, and I hate how clinically I processed it. It makes me wonder if I'm getting too callous, too used to watching people die, I feel like I'm still too young to be worrying about this stuff.

I know thats only tangentially related to wrestling but I guess I've been thinking about it a lot.

OK here's something on topic - Botchamania is back on YouTube! Still the best "wrestling content" on the internet after all these years.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5FOv7opRC5k

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2022, 04:38:53 PM »
Don’t know how many of you are into Japanese wrestling, but Will Ospreay badly broke SANADA’s eye socket two days ago. Botched standing shooting star press and landed with both knees on his face, match was immediately stopped. Bummer.

SANADA’s going to be out for a while.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2022, 11:52:38 PM »
Don’t know how many of you are into Japanese wrestling, but Will Ospreay badly broke SANADA’s eye socket two days ago. Botched standing shooting star press and landed with both knees on his face, match was immediately stopped. Bummer.

SANADA’s going to be out for a while.

Man ospreay is getting big too so that had to suck so bad. If Vince was smart he would throw a bunch of money at him and just make him the British Rollins. Or the British Billy Kidman from the sound of it. Sanada doesn't do much for me but he has a lot of fans so that's a big blow going into the spring events. Hopefully he comes back with a phantom taker mask, or is that too close to Taichi's gimmick?

Tried to watch smackdown because I was bored. Turned it on to a really good women's match with rhea Ripley and Sasha banks starting to steal the show.... Then of course we get a run in and dq and it becomes a really stupid angle with everyone rigidly shuffling to their mark and worrying about hitting their cue, and then cut to Johnny Knoxville doing a terrible promo announcing his "match" at Wrestlemania is no dq now.

I seriously can't watch this. Between the epilepsy inducing camera cuts and the way everyone acts and is presented it just reeks of pandering to the feds idea of all fans being dipshits with a miliisecond attention span. It feels so incredibly plastic and disposable if that makes any sense. Gross.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2022, 06:58:48 AM »
Man I missed all of last week for AEW but psyched Thunder Rosa got the strap. They are indeed over-using the tacks though.

There was a New Japan Strong taping yesterday Kinda close to me and I should've gone but got pretty drunk on Saturday night. Bummed I missed that.

I still try so hard to support WWE, but it is really unwatchable for 90% of each episode. It's hard to get hyped for whatever Steve Austin is gonna do when you flip the channel and Sting is going through 3 tables.

Ospreay got a big match with Moxley booked next month in Chicago, that should be sick.

Buttfart, I am always here for you if you having personal issues, let me know if you want my phone number.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2022, 01:13:24 PM »
Man I missed all of last week for AEW but psyched Thunder Rosa got the strap. They are indeed over-using the tacks though.

There was a New Japan Strong taping yesterday Kinda close to me and I should've gone but got pretty drunk on Saturday night. Bummed I missed that.

I still try so hard to support WWE, but it is really unwatchable for 90% of each episode. It's hard to get hyped for whatever Steve Austin is gonna do when you flip the channel and Sting is going through 3 tables.

Ospreay got a big match with Moxley booked next month in Chicago, that should be sick.

Buttfart, I am always here for you if you having personal issues, let me know if you want my phone number.

Yo dude I legitimately appreciate that and I'd give you a big hug and playfully grab your ass just for the offer but I'm aight. I have a solid support structure that keeps an eye on me and honestly just venting via text like that helps a lot. Writing forces me to slow down and organize my thoughts which makes things less chaotic and daunting. I think I can process the world better. I also try to be as honest and realistic with myself as I can which includes stuff that isn't always fun to think about, but I feel like it's necessary if you want to ever be truly happy and at peace.

For real though, it means a ton to me that that's where your mind went after reading it. You're a good dude and you crack me up.

I'm so in agreement about the fed. I want it to be the new Monday night wars, but it's more like 1997 wwf vs 2000 Vince Russo insanity wcw (aka TNA senior) right now. I can barely watch it and even when I can I can't really enjoy it because I know there's almost certainly something awful coming after the next break.

I'm kinda ambivalent about Rosa. She definitely deserves it and it was time for Britt to drop it, and they did it the right way, but I just don't care that much. I can't get excited for her vs Mercedes if that's the direction they go. I don't love Jade either but I would rather see Mercedes in a program with her.. The tough old vet vs the unstoppable young genetic freak. I'd be down for that. Rosa can be the female hangman and just be a super baby face that knocks down midcard heels for a minute.

I need to watch NJPW more. Especially strong. I recently signed up for njpw World and started catching up but then I found that ECW Playlist and got sidetracked. I do love Kevin Kelly though, hes so perfect for that job.

Actually you just inspired me. I'm gonna smoke a bowl and watch some NJPW.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2022, 09:28:01 AM »
Finally got around to watching rampage. Darby vs PeteDunner was solid. Typical darby getting his ass beat for 5 minutes then doing something that would make cactus jack wince match. I liked the count out finish to be honest, sometimes it's nice when they mix it up a little and no one looks weak or dumb. They just had to get a cheap Hardy boys pop in didn't they?

Scorpio sky trying his very best to be the rock and failing miserably. He was better in SCU. It doesn't help that regular old white guy Dan Lambert standing beside him is bigger than him. Maybe have him stand closer to the camera or get him some lifts for his boots or something.

Is Leyla Hirsch getting even thicker or is it just the new gear? She looks like she's wearing a diaper. Decent match, hard hitting and they didn't fuck anything up but it didn't flow that well.

6 man was meh. I know it was a squash but still felt like they could have done more with the time.

The acclaimed is basically the modern version of the New Age Outlaws.

Not the best episode. Apparently darby has some kind of  jackass-ish "stunt" reality TV show in the works? Maybe he'll go back and try to roll in off that fucking enormous thing he flew off again.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2022, 01:11:35 AM »
I can't believe how entertaining and solid a match with sting and the Hardyz can still be in 2022. What a fucking spot fest, and I mean that in the very best way. Sting's cross body, darby getting thrown down the stairs, that fucking Swanton (lol at the empty one hour/pro wrestling tees boxes under the table), and then the ending sequence was sloppy but since Sting and Matt are so good they made it work pretty well. That was awesome, felt like I was a teenager again haha.

Glad they're putting Regal on commentary for the BD/mox matches. He's just the best. Only referring to Excalibur as "man in the mask" and never by his stupid name is a gimmick I can get behind. Not the biggest fan of the varsity blondes (pillman Jr reminds me of an overly enthusiastic but kinda dumb dog) but Julia Hart looks hot as fuck with the eye patch. They need to go to ROH when that opens, there's potential there but they need to work a lot more.

MJF is the best thing in wrestling right now for me and its not really close haha. He's like part Mr. McMahon, part Paul Heyman, and part Ted DiBiase. That wasn't even a good promo by his standards but he gets so much heat.

Cool to see Lethal on something other than YouTube for once. They really need to give him some wins though, he's too good to be the veteran jobber at this point. I'm assuming he'll be heading up ROH in some way, maybe even be the first champ to give the belt some instant legitimacy, so why not give him some momentum before he makes the switch? Book him against someone he can beat rather than against Cole who you know he's not beating.

Welp Dustin's promo made me really want to watch rampage this week.

Fuck Sammy. He's getting Cody heat from me. I don't care how crazy the shit you do is if you just roll around for 10 seconds then pop up and do some other flippy shit. At least the bucks make it flow and remember to hold their back occasionally when they do it.

Leyla and Red Velvet is way too high up the card. I've seen these two on dark about a dozen times and they just aren't ready so they'll probably die in this spot. Crowd doesn't seem to give a shit and JR and Tony are talking about turnbuckles.

What the fuck Jericho and Garcia vs the dork odor in the main event? Come on... I get you're trying to elevate Garcia but why not swap this with the tornado tag and move Lethal/Cole to the "hot start" match? It was a good match as you'd expect with these 4 but the only thing I would want to see going forward from this is Silver vs Hager with Silver getting his big brother 10 to come stand up to the bully for him.

Kind of a popcorn fart ending but fuck it I'm giving this episode a thumbs up just for the Sting/darby/Hardy Boyz match. That was a blast. I got one of my coworkers (a lapsed wwe fan) to watch some of the revolution match with the Sting table bump and he loved it, so I can't wait to show him this one. I want to take him to the show next month but he's scheduled to work.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2022, 09:39:27 AM »
Buttfart.

I fall asleep on Wednesday nights easier now knowing that when I wake up I will have a nice review of the things I missed. I think I made it right up until they said leyla and red velvet were after the commercial break.

Dustin is still very good in the ring. HAd a great match with Bryan Danielson right after he debuted.

I loved Pilman Sr. so much that his kid will always get a pass from me. Agree that they would be great in ROH, just to much talent in that division in AEW for them to be a threat. Does it look like they are teasing Julia to turn on them? just still rocking the eye patch and during the match last night they kept cutting to her just sitting on the ring steps and not watching the match looking kind of brooding.

Regal is great. Anybody listen to Talk is Jericho podcast? Regal is latest guest and it gets pretty heavy with him talking about his health conditions.

I think Sammy is pretty good but he got a punchable face, and the jealosy of him clapping Conti's cheeks I just can't get past.

I liked Dark Order at the very beginning when it was just Uno and Grayson and the gimps all looked the same and didn't have names. All the cult recruiting and subversive vignettes were real cool. Then they made it a comedy act, which I liked a lot less. John Silver is a total badass though.

You are correct though, MJF is real young and already climbing up the list of greatest heels of all time, and greatest promo of all time.

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2022, 10:55:44 AM »
Just popping in to say Danhausen is the best thing in wrestling at the moment.  I can’t wait for his leg to heel and see him back in the ring.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2022, 01:54:21 PM »
Buttfart.

I fall asleep on Wednesday nights easier now knowing that when I wake up I will have a nice review of the things I missed. I think I made it right up until they said leyla and red velvet were after the commercial break.

Dustin is still very good in the ring. HAd a great match with Bryan Danielson right after he debuted.

I loved Pilman Sr. so much that his kid will always get a pass from me. Agree that they would be great in ROH, just to much talent in that division in AEW for them to be a threat. Does it look like they are teasing Julia to turn on them? just still rocking the eye patch and during the match last night they kept cutting to her just sitting on the ring steps and not watching the match looking kind of brooding.

Regal is great. Anybody listen to Talk is Jericho podcast? Regal is latest guest and it gets pretty heavy with him talking about his health conditions.

I think Sammy is pretty good but he got a punchable face, and the jealosy of him clapping Conti's cheeks I just can't get past.

I liked Dark Order at the very beginning when it was just Uno and Grayson and the gimps all looked the same and didn't have names. All the cult recruiting and subversive vignettes were real cool. Then they made it a comedy act, which I liked a lot less. John Silver is a total badass though.

You are correct though, MJF is real young and already climbing up the list of greatest heels of all time, and greatest promo of all time.

Haha I don't know why but wrestling is almost more fun to talk about than to actually watch sometimes.

I really like the Dark Order but they're kinda treading water. They're pretty good on YouTube stuff but I feel like they've kind of jobbed them out too much on the main shows to take anyone seriously. It seemed like they were starting to push 10 going into revolution then stopped, so it's like unless Hangman is there the "big star" of the group is Silver and that's not great. I almost think they need some new blood, but I have absolutely no idea who I'd want to see with them. I do love the idea of a cult ruled by an actual child though. I kinda wish they would do more than that but I guess you can't really take a 9 year old on cross country tours to promote storylines these days.

There's an amazing 90 minute interview with Regal where he talks about his early days and how he came up and his drug problems and everything... Hes such an insightful and passionate dude that you just get sucked in to whatever he's talking about. I would pay to be able to just ride around in a car and talk about life with him haha.

And yeah Pillman Sr. was one of my favorite WCW wrestlers when I was a kid. I made my mom buy me these tiger stripe underwear because they sort of looked like his trunks and then I'd run around doing splashes off anything I could climb. I guess I want his kid to do well but I'm not really confident he will if that makes sense. I guess theyre still teasing Julia turning but they don't feel like she's ready yet so they haven't pulled the trigger. She for sure needs some work but I think they see her as the next Alexa bliss. With that look and gimmick I can't imagine how creepy her DMs get.

Sammy had me until the revolution matches. He has potential but man he needs to learn to tone it down if he's gonna be a babyface. Very, very punchable face though. And I have that same kind of "fuck you I can't believe you get to have your way with that ass" jealousy for Jungle Boy.

I forgot they did the awards thing yesterday. Just threw it on while I was making food and it's super cheesy greenscreen pre-recorded segments. Not really worth watching. Also it has a lot of Britt Baker and she reminds me of like 40% of the chicks I went to high school with.

Danhausen reminds me of Beavis doing Cornholio

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2022, 10:13:18 AM »
Now realizing I’m once again balls deep in my bi-yearly wrestling fan phase. Bought a peacock subscription to watch all the old Attitude Era shows and god that stuff is so good.

On the video game front if any of you are thinking of getting 2K22 the gameplay is the best it’s been in years it’s still buggy as all fuck (it’s 2K after all) but I’m guessing within the next couple weeks everything will be ironed out with updates. The custom arenas and wrestlers are what really make the game shine, the modern WWE roster is beyond ass so I’ve been spending most my time playing with Attitude Era CAW’s and arenas. I’m writing way too much about this but the point is 2K finally got the gameplay right and you can actually have fun without glitches this time around. I’d honestly even say this years game feels pretty close to a remastered modern No Mercy.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2022, 12:06:17 PM »
Now realizing I’m once again balls deep in my bi-yearly wrestling fan phase. Bought a peacock subscription to watch all the old Attitude Era shows and god that stuff is so good.

On the video game front if any of you are thinking of getting 2K22 the gameplay is the best it’s been in years it’s still buggy as all fuck (it’s 2K after all) but I’m guessing within the next couple weeks everything will be ironed out with updates. The custom arenas and wrestlers are what really make the game shine, the modern WWE roster is beyond ass so I’ve been spending most my time playing with Attitude Era CAW’s and arenas. I’m writing way too much about this but the point is 2K finally got the gameplay right and you can actually have fun without glitches this time around. I’d honestly even say this years game feels pretty close to a remastered modern No Mercy.

Is it better than 2k16? I'm still playing that but I might grab the new one once it goes on sale. Believe it or not I actually still play the n64 thq/aki games on an emulator too... Mostly no mercy because I've got a career mode going but I played revenge the other day and it might actually have a better roster. I'm convinced AKI man is the inspiration for suicide in TNA.

I reactivated my peacock last week for the same reason, except I'm also watching old ECW and some of the 80s Crockett/NWA stuff is fun to throw on sometimes.

Are you watching AEW? It's the most fun I've had watching wrestling since the attitude era and they take a lot of inspiration from that period both in ring (particularly the blood and tables haha) and out, although it's obviously far less sexual and degrading to women since Vince Russo isn't booking it. Its worth checking out, you can watch like the last 6 weeks or something of Dynamite on the TBS site with a cable/satellite login. If you need an account shoot me a PM and I can probably find you one.

Also your username is bringing back fond memories of using the 95 rockies in every baseball video game that came out that year. Bichette, Galarraga, Castillo, and Larry Walker all hit 30 homers and I think all but the big cat hit over. 300. That was the first team that really put the rockies on the map as I remember it.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2022, 01:31:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is it better than 2k16? I'm still playing that but I might grab the new one once it goes on sale. Believe it or not I actually still play the n64 thq/aki games on an emulator too... Mostly no mercy because I've got a career mode going but I played revenge the other day and it might actually have a better roster. I'm convinced AKI man is the inspiration for suicide in TNA.

In my opinion it’s much better than 16, the only things really hampering it is the roster and bugs. The combat is much different now and feels way better than the past 2K’s I haven’t tried the career/MyRise mode past the character creation but apparently it’s pretty good but I’ll have to see for myself.

Lol AKI Man is absolutely the groundwork for Suicide it makes too much sense especially since Suicide literally spawned out of a video game.

Are you watching AEW? It's the most fun I've had watching wrestling since the attitude era and they take a lot of inspiration from that period both in ring (particularly the blood and tables haha) and out, although it's obviously far less sexual and degrading to women since Vince Russo isn't booking it. Its worth checking out, you can watch like the last 6 weeks or something of Dynamite on the TBS site with a cable/satellite login. If you need an account shoot me a PM and I can probably find you one.

I really need to start, I’ve been keeping up with AEW since it’s inception and still haven’t watched a full match. Darby and MJF are the main guys I really need to see. I’ve watched hours of MJF promos/interviews on YouTube and his heel work/dedication to the character is fucking great. If you got the hookup on TBS accounts I’d gladly take one if it’s not a hassle. Also it’s been a minute since I’ve used it so I’m not sure how good it is now but if you do wanna watch free wrestling and ufc shows/streams unethically watchwrestling.in is the spot.  ;)

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2022, 01:34:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Also your username is bringing back fond memories of using the 95 rockies in every baseball video game that came out that year. Bichette, Galarraga, Castillo, and Larry Walker all hit 30 homers and I think all but the big cat hit over. 300. That was the first team that really put the rockies on the map as I remember it.

The Blake Street Bombers. Still waiting on The Show to add Gala to Diamond Dynasty mode.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2022, 01:36:52 PM »
Y’all see HHH has officially announced his retirement due to heart complications?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2022, 01:49:05 AM »

I really need to start, I’ve been keeping up with AEW since it’s inception and still haven’t watched a full match. Darby and MJF are the main guys I really need to see. I’ve watched hours of MJF promos/interviews on YouTube and his heel work/dedication to the character is fucking great. If you got the hookup on TBS accounts I’d gladly take one if it’s not a hassle. Also it’s been a minute since I’ve used it so I’m not sure how good it is now but if you do wanna watch free wrestling and ufc shows/streams unethically watchwrestling.in is the spot.  ;)

Dude I was actually going to link you to watchwrestling haha. There's a couple other ones with similar layouts that I think are run by the same guy but sometimes have different links. Since Turner doesn't have a full archive up I use that to download older episodes or when I'm looking for a particular match. TBS site is faster and has better quality though obviously. I have a list of logins on my PC, I'll send you a couple when I get home from work. If I forget just remind me.

MJF vs Darby from Full Gear is definitely a good one to introduce the AEW product. The entire MJF vs Punk feud was awesome too, they just had a solid dog collar match to blow it off. Also basically any match Danielson has had. It's all good stuff, especially compared to what WWE is doing these days. Like I said, most fun Ive had since the attitude era and the fact that they have the Hardyz now (and Jeff is still doing absolute batshit stuff) makes it even easier to slip back into that frame of mind when watching.

Really sorry to hear about HHH, he's a big part of why I quit watching wrestling but he was always good on the big stage and NXT had a hand in developing like half the top end talent in all the main companies right now. Glad he has the sense to not even risk it and just snuff out any talk of him wrestling ever again right now. Probably saved a lot of people the trauma of watching their hero and one of the best to ever do it dying in the ring like poor Japanese fans did with Misawa or Mexican fans with that dude Rey Rey killed with a 619.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2022, 08:04:20 AM »
Ok that Dustin vs Lance Archer match was fucking awesome. And not just because Dustin is one of my all timers, it was just a really good old school hoss fight. As soon as they came together outside the ring and started throwing those big overhead clubbing forearms I knew it was gonna be fun. Dustin legit looked like it was 1992 again at points during the match and Archer is a great vicious monster heel. I mean I can never take tramp stamp Lance Hoyt too seriously, but he's a very good big man.

My only complaint was the crowd was a little dead especially given that it's Dustin's hometown, they barely even popped for the drop down uppercut or some of his other signatures. Otherwise I loved it and I would be ecstatic if Dustin actually wants to come back and do a full storyline/feud. I know he has the school and everything but goddamn he can still go and, much like Dusty, he's probably the best fired up baby face promo in the company.

Gonna rewatch the rest of the show later today. I was drifting in and out of consciousness after this match so I know who won the other ones but I don't remember what happened.

Also I'm officially 100% on the fuck Sammy bandwagon. That shit with the belt was as heelish as you can get and he's making me want to cheer Dan Lambert. Go away for about 6 months and think about what you've done please

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2022, 09:32:47 AM »
Dude. I fucked up and did that thing again where I tried to watch RAW. Holy shit. Big mistake.

I will say that I like this version of Brock Lesnar and although he ain't the best talker by far, I respect that he is actually trying to connect with the crowd and trying to cut a decent promo.

Having Omos destroy legit tag teams is bad news. Viking Raiders will be gone soon.

Ricochet has lost on TV at least 3 times since winning the IC belt. WTF?

Much more is wrong but I don't have the time or energy.

Oh wait, Sasha Banks is in a tag team with Naomi. Thats the best they got for Sasha right now? Bullshit.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2022, 07:44:57 PM »
Dude. I fucked up and did that thing again where I tried to watch RAW. Holy shit. Big mistake.

I will say that I like this version of Brock Lesnar and although he ain't the best talker by far, I respect that he is actually trying to connect with the crowd and trying to cut a decent promo.

Having Omos destroy legit tag teams is bad news. Viking Raiders will be gone soon.

Ricochet has lost on TV at least 3 times since winning the IC belt. WTF?

Much more is wrong but I don't have the time or energy.

Oh wait, Sasha Banks is in a tag team with Naomi. Thats the best they got for Sasha right now? Bullshit.

Hahaha dude that Sasha Naomi shit is exactly what I thought when I turned it on last week. Like when she got in the ring with Rhea they were awesome and all I could think was how much better it would have been as a singles match. Everything else is spot on too.. A few weeks ago everyone was talking about how this was finally going to be Riccochet's push and shit and this is what we get. I can't wait for Vince to take him off the air, blame him for not getting over, and then try to turn him into a kid friendly break dancer.

And yeah I like this Brock. He's a throwback to all the marble mouth meatheads from the 80s and 90s when he talks, and that's endearing in its own way.

I fell asleep for the start of Dynamite but I'm downloading it now. I saw the last 40 minutes or so.. I turned it on during the Jericho - Kingston brawl. Main event was pretty good, I guess Darby's skating a hockey deck now, and maybe thunders? I'll have to check the tape.