Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 40949 times)

SHAQUEEFA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2022, 10:17:19 AM »
Everyone remember that RAMPAGE is on at 5:30pm EST today because of NBA or NHL playoffs.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2022, 11:16:25 AM »
I just listen to the podcasts

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2022, 03:29:41 AM »
Podcasts is what got me back into it. I was listening to JR, Steve Austin, Jericho and the Attitude Era podcast for nostalgia, and after hours of that was like hey maybe I should actually check out this thing I'm spending so much time on.

@os89 honestly check out AEW Dynamite, it's only two hours every week. They're leading up to their next PPV in a couple of weeks which will be well worth the watch.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2022, 04:33:54 AM »
Been trying to think of pros whose names would make great wrestler names

Arto Saari
Anthony Van Engelen
Rowan Zorilla
Frank Villani
Milton Martinez (maybe for a woman)
Not sure on Tony Hawk but maybe Anthony Hawk would make a good one

Tony Hawk would 100% be the name some roided up American used in Japan if it wasn't for skateboarding. Who's the dude that does platipus again? Zarosh Egglestein? That would be an amazing annoying heel manager name. I'm thinking like modern day grand wizard. Alex Midler sounds like it came from the NXT babyface name generator.

Punk v Page is going to be great

Toni Storm is a goddess. Still can't get caught with an OF account though.

My wife thinks HOOK is cute. I think he is badass. I named one of the neighborhood stray cats HOOK. I love that Tony is getting the rights to actual songs for people's intros. That riff on the beginning of the Action Bronson song is great.

Abadonkadonk is as good as its gonna get for that one.

Fully agree with the dropkick analogy. Would Reynolds be Shawn Michaels? While were on the topic of making basics look amazing, I always liked how Ted DiBiase took a back drop.

When Wrestlemania was in Tampa, I went to one convention and paid for 2 autographs. New Jack and BARRY FUCKING HOROWITZ! That Dark Side vignette was one of the best things AEW has ever done outside of the ring.

Regal was one of those guys where as a kid in kayfabe world, I knew he was a bad guy, but I secretly had no clue why I liked him so much. His style was so different from everyone else, and his look of British discontent was so money.

Darby said "Oh you made the swanton famous? Hold my non-alcoholic bev while I climb this ladder"

I'll say this again. Undisputed Elie is a whack ass name and KOR and Fish kinda suck as characters. I hope Jeff wins again in dramatic surprise upset fashion.

MJF is coming up on Rick Rude status as far as greatest heels of all time IMO. But I do love when he is full babyface in Long Island.

Dude I said said the same thing about MJF to someone on a stream last week. He's got the arrogance and charisma of rude, the creativity of Jericho, gets heat like late 90s bubba ray, and delivers it all as smooth as the rock. Best promo and body language in the business right now and it's not close. I really, really hope that the rumors about him wanting more money and TK not wanting to pay it are mostly just him working the sheets. I might actually stop watching wrestling again if I ever see MJF reading scripted PG promos about how he's going to put someone in the local medical facility.

100% agree about undisputed elite. Their group names tend to suck (superkliq is good, I'll give them that one) and redragon is so vanilla. Im hoping the inevitable bucks vs redragon feud will maybe give them some kind of character? In a company like AEW being a technically sound, high workrate team means nothing so you better have some sort of identity (like FTR).

Hookhausen should be a good way for them to both get some seasoning and get comfortable working longer matches. Im hoping they put the actual matches on the YouTube shows and then just let them do gaga like this on Dynamite.

I love Regal so much man. I was just watching an old WCW ppv from 92 where he was super young but already so polished and smooth in the ring. I really didn't like him when I was a kid but I appreciate the little stuff so much more now.

HBK as Reynolds is perfect for this analogy haha. I definitely  pictured the DiBiase back drop bump perfectly in my head when I read this, so that works too haha. He was a big dude and got so way up there so it was always like he was floating for a second and then he would sell it like he just shot in the back. His atomic drop selling was always super money too.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #184 on: May 15, 2022, 08:32:16 AM »
Podcasts is what got me back into it. I was listening to JR, Steve Austin, Jericho and the Attitude Era podcast for nostalgia, and after hours of that was like hey maybe I should actually check out this thing I'm spending so much time on.

@os89 honestly check out AEW Dynamite, it's only two hours every week. They're leading up to their next PPV in a couple of weeks which will be well worth the watch.

Yeah that's sort of what happened to me too. During the really bad parts of the pandemic I spent most of my day in a PAPR, so I needed something I could listen to and not have to mess around with too often so I started listening to the Cornette podcasts (the Jim Ross omnibus was the first thing that caught my eye). That lead to busted open and the old SCSA ones and then occasionally 83 weeks and some of the UK YouTuber ones. I need to start listening to the Jericho one more often, I like what I've heard but haven't had a chance to really get into it yet.

@os89  check out that video of the MJF - CM Punk feud I posted a few posts back if you want to get an idea of the style of storytelling that AEW does. They aren't afraid to take risks and somehow they hit a lot more than they miss. Honestly for a new fan the matches themselves might be the hardest thing to get into. It can sometimes be difficult for people to suspend their disbelief and ignore things like obvious cooperation or botched moves, but when you can do that it becomes magical. AEW wrestlers often work a high impact, fast style that is pretty easy to watch and engaging though, and they have great announcers.

Weed helps make it more interesting sometimes too haha.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 05:31:13 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #185 on: May 15, 2022, 05:24:00 PM »
Any of you sweat hogs got a good classic PPV recommendation? I tend to favor the late 80s/early 90's stuff but I'm pretty open minded.

Been watching a lot of old WCW stuff on peacock lately... Today was a few episodes of Clash of the champions and great American bash 92. This was during that weird period when Flair went to the WWF and they had the NJPW partnership so there's all these weird ass tag team matches where the crowd has no idea who to cheer for haha. It's really awesome to hear a razor sharp young JR calling a 20 minute Pillman & Liger match though, I would say if you're going to watch any match on this show make it that one. Dustin Rhodes & Barry Windham vs Rick Rude & Steve Austin is great too but takes a while to get going.

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2022, 09:00:28 AM »
Any of you sweat hogs got a good classic PPV recommendation? I tend to favor the late 80s/early 90's stuff but I'm pretty open minded.

Been watching a lot of old WCW stuff on peacock lately... Today was a few episodes of Clash of the champions and great American bash 92. This was during that weird period when Flair went to the WWF and they had the NJPW partnership so there's all these weird ass tag team matches where the crowd has no idea who to cheer for haha. It's really awesome to hear a razor sharp young JR calling a 20 minute Pillman & Liger match though, I would say if you're going to watch any match on this show make it that one. Dustin Rhodes & Barry Windham vs Rick Rude & Steve Austin is great too but takes a while to get going.

Not 80/90s but WWECW One night stand 2005 and 2006 are probably the only two wwe ppvs from the last 20 years that I go back and watch throughout. Maybe WM XX too.

That Liger vs Pillman match is awesome. They had a good match on the first episode of nitro as well, worth checking out

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2022, 10:24:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not 80/90s but WWECW One night stand 2005 and 2006 are probably the only two wwe ppvs from the last 20 years that I go back and watch throughout. Maybe WM XX too.

That Liger vs Pillman match is awesome. They had a good match on the first episode of nitro as well, worth checking out

This one was actually Liger & Pillman teaming against Steamboat (boi-oi-oi-oing) & the "Lithuanian" version of Nikita Koloff (lol).. It's a weird card haha. It's not as good as when they wrestled each other but 2 of the best workers of the era plus Steamboat is kind of hard to fuck up.

I actually do the same with ONS 2005. Even before I fully got back into wrestling I watched that (or at least Sandmans entrance) every now and then. ECW is my favorite promotion of all time so it's obviously near and dear to me. If you're interested I found a daily motion channel with bunch of episodes of Hardcore TV from the 90's that are video from the network but dubbed over with the original audio so you don't have to listen to the WWE music and get the authentic entrances.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2022, 12:58:42 PM »
So Sasha and Naomi walked out of Raw last night. I wonder whats going to happen going forward.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Rocko

« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2022, 02:12:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This one was actually Liger & Pillman teaming against Steamboat (boi-oi-oi-oing) & the "Lithuanian" version of Nikita Koloff (lol).. It's a weird card haha. It's not as good as when they wrestled each other but 2 of the best workers of the era plus Steamboat is kind of hard to fuck up.

I actually do the same with ONS 2005. Even before I fully got back into wrestling I watched that (or at least Sandmans entrance) every now and then. ECW is my favorite promotion of all time so it's obviously near and dear to me. If you're interested I found a daily motion channel with bunch of episodes of Hardcore TV from the 90's that are video from the network but dubbed over with the original audio so you don't have to listen to the WWE music and get the authentic entrances.

Oh yeah send that my way please.

That Sasha/Naomi story is pretty crazy. Good on them for standing up to shit creative, if that is the case. Tons of wwe bootlickees popping up.

Anyone going to AEW’s show at the forum or Ontario early June? I got tickets for rampage since im pretty close to Ontario. Can’t wait

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2022, 02:47:56 PM »
@rocko

https://www.dailymotion.com/totallyanon/videos

Scroll down til you hit around 3 years ago and you'll start seeing them pop up. They're not perfectly organized but it's pretty easy to keep things in order. If you were a fan back in the day it's like nostalgia crack... So far some of the best stuff I've found have been a bunch of the eddie/Benoit/malenko matches, the Cactus Jack saga including the famous "Cane Dewey!" promo, and the genesis of the Dudley boys (before either bubba or dvon joined haha).

I went to a live Dynamite/rampage taping in Pittsburgh last month and it was awesome. I ended up going by myself and still had a blast, we had a good hot crowd and they put on a hell of a show.

P.S. I know you said you already had tickets but for our building they held a batch of ringside seats (hardcam side) until the day before the event. My friend had to cancel last minute so I looked to see if I could upgrade and ended up getting 4th row for face ($110 + fees) the morning of the show which was actually less than we paid for 2 seats in the bowl. If you have any inclination to get close enough for MJF to spit on you then keep an eye on ticketmaster the night before the show.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2022, 05:48:18 AM »
Got a quick story.

I work at The Boardr. They kinda knew about Darby Allin when he came and skated our park.

I showed them the Darby and Jeff Hardy match and it blew their minds. They had no clue what to think. One quote was "Is this what wrestling is now?"

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2022, 07:18:20 AM »
Got a quick story.

I work at The Boardr. They kinda knew about Darby Allin when he came and skated our park.

I showed them the Darby and Jeff Hardy match and it blew their minds. They had no clue what to think. One quote was "Is this what wrestling is now?"

Hahaha I showed a couple of my friends a darby match and they were equally intrigued/horrified by some of the spots as well. It really is crazy how much he's done in AEW already, I know he's trying to speedrun his career and get out early but man I want him to stick around forever.

I'm really looking forward to Dynamite tonight. Hangman vs Takeshita has me marking out. NJPW Hangman matches were usually good so it'll be cool to see him against someone from DDT.

Not gonna guess on the jokers but I really hope it isn't the garganos. Maki Itoh would be fun though. Gonna be cheering for my boy Rey Fenix against Kyle O'Rimjob for sure too.

Rocko

« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2022, 02:19:29 PM »
Appreciate the link and the ticket lifehack mr. Buttfart!

A few months ago smackdown rolled into town and we got nosebleeds because they were the only tickets left. My buddy checked Ticketmaster about 30 minutes into the show and saw some seats that hadn’t sold and marked up the tickets we bought on some photo edit app to match those better seats. So we had hardcam seats for about $20 haha. Just gotta make sure you weren’t stealing anyones seats.

I’ve only seen Takeshita’s recent stuff but man is he good. He’s actually wrestling Lee moriarty at an indie show soon not too far from me.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2022, 02:53:29 PM »
Appreciate the link and the ticket lifehack mr. Buttfart!

A few months ago smackdown rolled into town and we got nosebleeds because they were the only tickets left. My buddy checked Ticketmaster about 30 minutes into the show and saw some seats that hadn’t sold and marked up the tickets we bought on some photo edit app to match those better seats. So we had hardcam seats for about $20 haha. Just gotta make sure you weren’t stealing anyones seats.

I’ve only seen Takeshita’s recent stuff but man is he good. He’s actually wrestling Lee moriarty at an indie show soon not too far from me.

No problem dude, it's always cool to see other fans of the same stuff up in here! I usually pop on an episode of hardcore TV while I'm doing stuff around the house, Joey Styles gets forgotten sometimes but in my opinion he's on the same level as JR, Solie and those guys. He could call a figure skating routine and it would get me hyped haha.

I knew of Takeshita but hadn't really seen anything until like a month ago. I ended up watching his first aew match from last year and then some of the big DDT matches and a kinda cool match between a very young Takeshita and Omega. He's definitely legit. I always worry to some extent about Japanese guys working with Americans who haven't worked that style a lot but obviously that shouldn't be an issue with Hangman. And even if he didn't have that history I don't think I'd worry because as I've said before... Say what you will about the booking but when it comes to between the ropes Hangman doesn't miss. I wouldn't be surprised if we wake up tomorrow and that match is all anyone can talk about. Really hope they give it time and don't make it a Punk run-in finish or something.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2022, 12:31:44 AM »
Ok gonna do my note taking thing again.

Joker #1 is John Hennigan or Johnny Elite now I guess. Hey I'm fine with it, he definitely fits the AEW style and has a little Owen to his style. Really nice to hear Joe's chops again and the crowd is hot as fuck for this. I really need Joe to stay healthy this time, he looks so fucking good right now.

Looks like Best Friends/Roppongi Vice are heading to ROH?

How is it that after 30 years Jeff Hardy still sounds so unnatural in promos?

Here we fucking go. Love Punk's shirt. Can't wait to see how many ignorant old wrestlers expose themselves whining about it. Glad it's going on early. Holy shit what a power bomb and stalling German suplex from Takeshita. I liked the finish, kept Takeshita strong without things getting fucky and they waited until the end to do the Punk stuff. That sure didn't disappoint, the only complaint I have is both popping right back up after getting nasty Germans but at least it was part of a sequence.

Anyone else think Swerve works like a heel? I think he would be amazing as that cocky confident heel type that Scorpio Sky or Starks try to be. That 3 man next week should be amazing. Jungle Boy vs Swerve is sploosh territory for me and I've come around on Starks too.

HAHAHAHA MJF. Every fucking week he amazes me. Just amazing how good he is at being a prick.

Fuck KOR and his shitty song. The only good thing he's ever done is being one of Dalton Castle's boys in PWG that one time. His style sucks and my favorite part of the match was Rey Fenix dropping him on his head with that crazy power bomb thing. Oh well at least I get to see Joe fuck him up now.

JAS vs BCC was hilarious. The idea of Regal walking around the locker room looking for things to stick up his ass absolutely creased me.

Yesss it's actually Maki Itoh! This is going kind of how I expected. Half the crowd is into it and half has no idea what to make of Maki Itoh haha. Pretty good. I hope they actually have her in a storyline, she's interesting with the way she weaves her actual real life history into her character.

Hardy vs Cole was decent, basically exactly what I expected it to be.

Overall good show.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2022, 03:58:53 AM »
Love that AEW was mentioned on Hacks bc that’s just legitimizing more and more

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2022, 12:11:33 PM »
I'll say this again. Undisputed Elie is a whack ass name and KOR and Fish kinda suck as characters.

I don’t know why but I love Kyle O’Reilly. I laugh every time he earnestly bobs his head completely off the beat to his entrance song and still love him for some reason. I think I just really liked his singles push and feud with Adam Cole in NXT? Great wrestler, terrible showman. Big fan of that goofball.

CM Punk showing up in an “abortion rights” shirt in Texas was awesome. And Excalibur complimenting him on it while JR and Tony Schiavone sat unsure how to respond. Never would have happened in WWE.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2022, 02:37:39 PM »
Expand Quote
I'll say this again. Undisputed Elie is a whack ass name and KOR and Fish kinda suck as characters.
[close]

I don’t know why but I love Kyle O’Reilly. I laugh every time he earnestly bobs his head completely off the beat to his entrance song and still love him for some reason. I think I just really liked his singles push and feud with Adam Cole in NXT? Great wrestler, terrible showman. Big fan of that goofball.

CM Punk showing up in an “abortion rights” shirt in Texas was awesome. And Excalibur complimenting him on it while JR and Tony Schiavone sat unsure how to respond. Never would have happened in WWE.

Kyle OReilly vs Samoa Joe is going to be great

And if you liked his feud with Adam Cole, I think that’s what the finals are shaping up to be

Rocko

« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2022, 03:03:52 PM »
I’m over Jericho getting so much tv time, Jericho in 2022 is the equivalent of the sting interview every episode of dynamite after is debut. Just go away heat for me haha. But also props to him for constantly reinventing himself and still being over all this time

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2022, 12:52:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha I hope it's clear that I'm half playing along when I post some of this stuff. I don't actually hate Kyle O'Rimjob with a passion, but he does annoy me so I cheer against him. Also Im a huge Rey Fenix mark so I always get salty when he has to lose haha.

KOR is definitely a goofball, and I think it's one of those things that either hits for you or it doesn't. I think part of it is that I got really burnt out on that indy mma style he works in a lot of his matches. I can't really talk shit though, back in the day I loved Brian Christopher/Grandmaster Sexy and my friends HATED him. Same with Norman Smiley.

And yeah can you imagine how bad Punks shirt must have chapped Linda McMahon's dusty old evil republikaren ass? I'm so, so glad there's a real legit (aka not TNA) alternative to the WWE.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2022, 04:44:50 AM »
Dammit. I fell asleep. Probably won't make it through Rampage tonight either.

I think I'm in love with Maki. I love singing karaoke and can't believe that's actually a gimmick. I also love the dead weight delayed timber style tree fall that she does. Wish I could have stayed awake through the match. I vaguely remember wifey trying to shake me awake to see Sting getting his ass whooped.

Swerve definitely looks and moves like a heel.

I tried to like KOR, but I need the whole package. I don't care how well you can work a match if your character is whack.

I'm actually trying to think of someone with a shit character that I still liked to watch in the ring and all I got is Neville's babyface run as "The Man that Gravity Forgot." That man is soooo good and had to drop a belt to fucking Enzo Amore (who I actually loved as a character but he was total dogshit in the ring) He had some straight bangers vs. Cena and Rollins on RAW   in that time.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2022, 01:52:44 AM »
Dammit. I fell asleep. Probably won't make it through Rampage tonight either.

I think I'm in love with Maki. I love singing karaoke and can't believe that's actually a gimmick. I also love the dead weight delayed timber style tree fall that she does. Wish I could have stayed awake through the match. I vaguely remember wifey trying to shake me awake to see Sting getting his ass whooped.

Swerve definitely looks and moves like a heel.

I tried to like KOR, but I need the whole package. I don't care how well you can work a match if your character is whack.

I'm actually trying to think of someone with a shit character that I still liked to watch in the ring and all I got is Neville's babyface run as "The Man that Gravity Forgot." That man is soooo good and had to drop a belt to fucking Enzo Amore (who I actually loved as a character but he was total dogshit in the ring) He had some straight bangers vs. Cena and Rollins on RAW   in that time.

Oh dude I remember at one point while I was away from wrestling I caught part of a Neville match and he blew my mind. I distinctly remember feeling like I was watching this generation's 2Cold Scorpio. He has such insane body control in the air. If you missed rampage they just formally announced House of Black vs Death Triangle for the PPV, so I'm super excited to see what crazy shit he and Fenix can cook up.

I actually didn't get Maki at all until I watched one of those backstory vids and now I'm hooked. All the little shit she does like the crying and the "big, ugly, hard head" makes sense now and I dig it. Plus her entire twitter is just her eagerly learning new dirty English words and terms (like creampie) so it's entertaining on its own haha. I REALLY can't wait to see what Cornette said about her segment haha.

KOR is a great example of what OSW review refers to as a "boy", as in "Test was my boy!"...Those guys who never win a major singles title and are in the background of every stable they're in but for some reason it just clicks with some people. Usually it's the character that gets me interested but I put a lot of emphasis on the matches too. I guess Bob Backlund must have properly instilled enough respect for the great sport in me during his absolutely fantastic 1994 title run!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees that with Swerve. Like he's cocky and violent as shit, his offense is absolutely brutal. I feel like if him and Starks were flipped then it would be perfect.

Oh they also announced the Hardyz vs Bucks dream match for the PPV.

Also I don't watch WWE much but I do follow the results/stories and the fact that the Sasha and Naomi walked out probably just killed the women's tag division right? I don't think they have enough talent left on the roster to do a legit tournament.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #203 on: May 23, 2022, 06:14:16 AM »
Dude they actually addressed the Naomi/Sasha situation on Smackdown (I actually wanted to see USO's vs. RKBro and am really pissed at the finish. That should have been a clean victory for Uso's, but I should have known WWE would fuck that up.)

Michael Cole started it off with "On Monday night, Naomi and Sasha let us all down."

They also announced a tag team tournament but who the hell is gonna be in it? They literally split up every one of their tag teams as quick as they form them.

Gonna have to do some research on Maki Ito.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #204 on: May 23, 2022, 06:41:33 PM »
Whole lotta he said she said about the Naomi/Sasha stuff right now. I know this has happened plenty of times before (I think what culture or pfk even did a top 10 times haha) but it really feels like there's a power struggle going on behind the scenes in Stamford. Ive read a lot of the "wrestling people" are leaving or losing power and Nick Khan's corporate greed machine is making all the calls.

So excited for the PPV.  DDP has some high praise for the MJF-Wardlow feud that I really agree with. They've been booking this thing slowly basically since the beginning of the company and we get to see what they've come up with for the big match.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/05/ddp-reveals-aew-double-or-nothing-match-hes-most-excited-to-see/

It's crazy how these AEW ppv cards are so stacked that the main event isn't even what I'm most excited for. It's like 3rd or 4th on the list haha.

With Maki, here's the videos that I watched that filled me in. It's a little weebish but it's still interesting to see a well fleshed out character.

https://youtu.be/IwaiTMYu7aU

https://youtu.be/f5ZuITjMO14

For all of y'all that have peacock (or can use google), next time it's a rainy day or lazy night and you don't know what to watch - Starcade 90 is a good classic PPV. It has the international tag team tournament with prime Steiner's and the usual "exotic" guys like Muta but also a very young Norman Smiley and a masked Konnan. Just a bunch of dudes you didn't get to see much back then. Also JR and Paul E on commentary and an appearance from a young and super hot Terri Runnels. Had a lot of fun watching that one tonight.

Speaking of which, @SHAQUEEFA who is your all time favorite wrestling chick? Terri is up there for me. I swear it isn't just because of Dustin either haha.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2022, 06:01:14 AM »
Speaking of which, @SHAQUEEFA who is your all time favorite wrestling chick? Terri is up there for me. I swear it isn't just because of Dustin either haha.
[/quote]

Man I will never forget the way 9 year old me felt when Miss Elizabeth hit the screen. I was in love.

Terri for sure is up there. I met her at Wrestlemania last year and she is still a straight up milfy smokeshow. And she was the biggest sweetheart.

I also remember going to a Monday Night Raw with a sign that said "SABLE 3:6D"

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2022, 06:52:16 AM »
OH SHIT BUTTFART!!!!!

OUR GIRL THIGH BLUE GOT A WIN ON DARK LAST WEEK!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2022, 09:43:58 PM »

I also remember going to a Monday Night Raw with a sign that said "SABLE 3:6D"

Hahahaha. Dude. I need you to understand that I spend way too much time during my days just making stupid wrestling jokes to myself so this shit makes me so happy to read.

Miss Elizabeth was like my ideal notion of femininity growing up. Like if we were playing a game where you had to rescue a princess, I was imagining it was her. I remember my little world crumbling during the Flair storyline because I saw the "she was mine before she was yours" pictures and Photoshop didn't exist back then so if there were pictures then it had to be real. And then they published the "real" ones in the magazine after mania and I could finally breathe again.

Dude I saw the thigh blue match. They even let her talk! I actually really liked the chick she was working with too..she cut a nice little no mic promo. If they start pushing Skye I'm going to have to find a way to give them even more of my money. I feel like she actually has potential, she has gotten better since I started watching but she's still got a little too much of that "I don't know what we're supposed to be doing so I'm just going to throw a forearm" thing you see on the indys a lot. She needs a better finisher too. I think highlighting her cuteness is a smart move though, make her like NXT Bayley with a hoodrat side and AEW fans will eat it up.

So you're watching dark now too haha. I love it, it reminds me of the old WCW Saturday night show. Just an hour of good wrasslin and character development without a lot of storyline. Taz and Excalibur's banter on commentary is great haha. I  enjoy seeing the bottom of the card guys get wins too. They're giving Lee Moriarty a mini push which is cool, he's from my part of Pittsburgh so I have to root for him.

Gonna get baked and watch some starcade now.

Edit: changed "naked" to "baked" in that last sentence. Interesting typo.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2022, 05:28:32 AM »
Nah not watching too much Dark, just caught something on instagram, I follow that chick Amber Nova that THigh Blue beat. I met her at an indy show here in Tampa a few years ago and liked her gimmick. She has jobbed in NXT, Impact, and now AEW. "The girl from the garage" with the oily rag, I like it. She usually brings a big oversized wrench to the ring, hope she gets to use it sometime.

Flair v. Savage is probably my favorite feud of all time and looking back that was ten times better than any program with Hogan would have been, even though at the time everybody wanted to see Flair v Hogan. You are right, it broke my little heart to see the Flair and Elizabeth photos, I didn't want to believe it.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2022, 08:11:03 PM »
New OSW review out is out. Now with even more Horace Hogan!

https://youtu.be/7-y7Pjdou4o

Haha SHAQUEEFA I love that Flair - Savage had such a long term impact on both of us. It's weird when I sit down and think about how many "life lessons" I was introduced to through wrestling haha. Like instead of jesus or Muhammad I try to be like Ricky Steamboat. He is the god of arm drags after all.

Aww I thought you had come over to the dark side, literally. I usually throw it on when I'm getting ready for work or folding laundry or something. That Amber Nova chick definitely caught my eye. If she put on like 10-15 pounds of muscle she would look like a superstar. Her little pre-match character work was really good too, she got the crowd into it and put Thigh Blue over really well. I can definitely see why she would be in demand as enhancement talent.