Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 41019 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #240 on: June 02, 2022, 03:50:08 PM »
Timing is actually the main reason I thought it wasn't a work (at first) because it's pretty shitty to start all this right at Wardlow's crowning culmination of a 2.5 year story. Now after that promo I wouldn't be surprised if it was a work from the start that began when MJF couldn't make that meet and greet for whatever reason and they decided to make a story out of it. If that's the case then I still think it's sad to overshadow the Wardlow story with it but maybe it had to be done in order to have this promo happen in front of the network execs, because he just delivered a moment that will no doubt go down in wrestling history. It might've been ok if they'd kicked off something for Wardlow at the same time instead of just having him squash a 50 year old fat guy.

I don't quite know what the end goal is with MJF. He almost turned the entire company heel with a single promo which is a bad route to go down IMO. Maybe this is their plan to elevate him to major stardom. Shit like this is maybe what it takes these days to get non-fans' eyes on wrestling. If they get it right then everyone who knows anything about wrestling is going to know about MJF, and therefore AEW. Which is exactly what the company needs because they haven't become a household name yet. I think he's the only person in the world who has the potential to add his name alongside Hogan, Rock, Austin and Cena, if that's ever possible again. AEW would sure be better off if it was.

While I'm here I've heard others say they think it's heading towards either Summer of Punk III or Summer of MJF. I wasn't watching for the last one, what actually was it that makes it an "event"? I don't understand what the difference was between that summer and any other 4 month period where a bunch of shit happened for somebody

So I don't really mind it because to be honest, Wardlow was made before the match. The story was done and it was all but a foregone conclusion that he was going to destroy MJF and we still got that. This way MJF has moved onto his own (insanely hot) new storyline and Wardlow is free to start a new storyline as the hottest young beast on the roster. They can insert him wherever they need to, and I'm curious to see what they do with him.

And I know it may have left a sour taste in some people's mouths, but it's all anyone can talk about. That shit got people GENUINELY invested, maybe for the first time for newer fans, and that's the magic of it. I don't think the company cares if it's viewed as heels in the storyline... doing that lead to multiple huge runs for the fed, including the one that I think is inspiring the whole thing. The summer of Punk just refers to the run where he was so hot that it basically forced the WWE to put the belt on him in the course of a few months. That summer he made so many fans and gained so much momentum that in a lot of ways he's still riding to this day and it became a notable era of pro wrestling history. Anything else called "summer of x" now is just comparing it to that.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #241 on: June 02, 2022, 03:59:32 PM »
Someone on the wrestling Reddit hooked me up with last minute tickets to dynamite last night

Such as a crazy show. First time seeing punk wrestle live, tanahashi, mjf pipe bomb. It was a great time. Now rampage tomorrow!

Dude you got to see a historic promo! That's so sick, I can't even imagine the energy in that room.

I got to go to a Dynamite in April....the Punk vs Dustin episode where they announced forbidden door. It's so much fun and I highly recommend it to anyone who has a chance. It wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it was going to be either.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #242 on: June 02, 2022, 11:07:27 PM »
Lana’s Twitter kinda spoiled the Miro return, but also I learned Ricky Starks was one of the soldiers for the WM entrance when Rusev came out in that tank he fucked Lana in. 

Also, I want Hobbs to have Nickatina as his entrance music

SHAQUEEFA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
« Reply #243 on: June 03, 2022, 05:20:00 AM »
As far as live events go, I went to Double or Nothing at Daily's Place when it was the Omega v. Pac v. Cassidy triple threat match and the Inner Circle v Pinnacle Stadium Stampede. It was so sick. That spot where Jericho and MJF are fighting and almost go over the railing, they would have landed on me. My wife almost got hit by the blood of jericho.

I took her to RAW once and she hated it. Our seats weren't that good and she wasn't into watching the wrestling without the commentary.

After DON, she was like "OH I get it now, this is what its supposed to be like. I didn't need the commentary because the wrestling was so good."

Man that Daily's Place is a great venue for wrestling. I love that they still aren't in these huge places all the time, I think the crowd gets hotter that way.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #244 on: June 03, 2022, 05:24:26 AM »
Oh and did everyone see that Noelle Foley is starting and Only Fans?

I used to think she was so hot until I watched that stupid Holy Foley reality show on WWE network. She was amazing right up until she opened her mouth and started talking. Most annoying voice and brain ever.

It was funny to see the comments on her official Twitter announcement. Here are some examples:

1. Nudes or GTFO Only Fans
2. Will there be nudes or just the same bikini pics you post on instagram.
3. You will make a lot of money for 2 months until people realize you aren't posting nudes.

HAHAHAAH get her Twitter!

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #245 on: June 03, 2022, 01:31:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Someone on the wrestling Reddit hooked me up with last minute tickets to dynamite last night

Such as a crazy show. First time seeing punk wrestle live, tanahashi, mjf pipe bomb. It was a great time. Now rampage tomorrow!
[close]

Dude you got to see a historic promo! That's so sick, I can't even imagine the energy in that room.

I got to go to a Dynamite in April....the Punk vs Dustin episode where they announced forbidden door. It's so much fun and I highly recommend it to anyone who has a chance. It wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it was going to be either.

Yes! Energy was awesome. Crowd popped for everything. Especially cm punk and mox. They played wild thing probably 4-5 times throughout the show and every time >10k fans were singing. Hopefully tonight is the same. Tonight’s rampage is the city over from where the bucks live. I think Brandon cutler and Brian cage too

Rocko

« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2022, 06:06:16 PM »
Thigh Blue is wrestling a dark match against marina shaffir and I thought of y’all <3

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: June 03, 2022, 09:15:39 PM »
Thigh Blue is wrestling a dark match against marina shaffir and I thought of y’all <3

Pray for my right forearm haha.

Wild rampage episode. Glad I stayed up for it. They really should have put the tag on last and had Dante vs Sky on first but they like doing this on rampage. I think Jericho even said "This IS the main event" in his you idiot voice when he was doing commentary. The spots and transitions are so smooth and creative every time and I feel like it's the kind of match only 2 sets of brothers can have. The dropkick into poisoned Frankensteiner spot, Pentas sick pumphandle, and the false finish with the step up Canadian destroyer were all insane. I had crazy expectations for that match and they still exceeded them.

Athena is kind of meh. She has a cool finish but that's about it. She's too small for me to really take her seriously against Jadeberg too. I almost feel like it has to be Stat that beats her but they keep pairing her with Red Velvet for reasons I don't understand.

The Punk thing sucks. I feel like the end goal for the MJF thing was going to be him (as Tony's boy) vs MJF for the belt and now I'm scared they'll have to pivot to something else or stretch it out way too long now. I think that might be why they didn't straight up strip/vacate and are going to do the interim title instead. Reallllly takes the wind out of the sails of Forbidden door too. Now we don't get to see a dream match because there's no way that both Punk and Tana are in the same place and healthy again while they still have something left in the tank. He looked pretty old and beat up tonight.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: June 04, 2022, 09:01:36 PM »
Surprised Kiera Hogan isn’t doing anything for you guys (in the Skye Blue way)

Rocko

« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2022, 10:17:36 PM »

Oh she did last night haha

That punk promo was sad! It really took the wind out of the whole crowd. After that it got pretty dead, myself included.

The Lucha bros. Vs bucks was the loudest crowd I’ve ever heard. Hometown heroes vs Latin heroes and everyone in the crowd was on board. Got some fun dark matches with Chris daniels and another one with Frankie kaz, SCU chants the whole night.

I didn’t think that the rampage show would be as good as dynamite but it definitely was

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2022, 11:05:42 PM »
Yeah that match was awesome.   Young bucks can get a touch annoying (though I have a high tolerance than most it seems) but when they get in that ring, none of that other shit matters.  They always put on an awesome show

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #251 on: June 05, 2022, 05:11:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh she did last night haha

That punk promo was sad! It really took the wind out of the whole crowd. After that it got pretty dead, myself included.

The Lucha bros. Vs bucks was the loudest crowd I’ve ever heard. Hometown heroes vs Latin heroes and everyone in the crowd was on board. Got some fun dark matches with Chris daniels and another one with Frankie kaz, SCU chants the whole night.

I didn’t think that the rampage show would be as good as dynamite but it definitely was

You went to rampage too?!? Dude I'm so jealous. I guess the bucks wanted to put on a show for the hometown crowd so they picked Penta and Fenix and that was clearly the right choice haha. Crowd was definitely HOT for it on TV too, I thought it was a nice touch to have like jurassic express etc in the front row too.. Like even the boys knew this shit was going to be good and they wanted good seats.

I'm guessing they went way over time because it felt like they had Starks and Hobbs out for their entrance before the bucks had even made it to the back and they squashed the jobbers in like under ten moves haha.

I really hate that the Punk thing fucks up multiple storylines, at least for now. I assume they're going to make Mox the interim champ, he's probably the safest choice because he can work with basically anyone and he's very over. The Tana match would have been cool but I'm mostly concerned that it's going to be harder to strike while the irons at its hottest with MJF now, I saw the clip where after his promo in the commercial break Punk came out and ran him off so obviously he was part of the plan. I guess it really depends on how long he's going to be out for but man they opened the forbidden door and the NJPW curse came charging right on in. Apparently he hurt it jumping into the crowd during his entrance with FTR which is kind of funny though.

@SHAQUEEFA man dailys place is an awesome setting for wrestling just from a TV perspective. Outdoor venues are unique and I always liked those old world class stadium shows and Japanese super cards where its natural lighting for the first few matches. I would love to see an AEW show there some day, I feel like it's going to be remembered as the spiritual home of the promotion to some extent no matter how big they get.

@Atiba Applebum  Hobbs looks so fucking cool in his Harlem heat gear. I watched a grip of his matches over the last week or so and Im super impressed with him. It kinda sucks that hes constantly in there against dudes bigger than him like Keith Lee and Luchasaurus at the moment just because he works so well as an overwhelming powerhouse, but he's also versatile and adapts his moveset very well. He has really good ring IQ and paces his matches well too. He reminds me of a modern Big Cat/Mr. Hughes a little bit.

Kiera is aight but not really my type. I tend to have an aversion to women that are under 5 feet tall. Thigh Blue is an intersection of like 6 "my type" smashed together haha. Also with like Kiera (and Diamante) I know they aren't into dudes so I guess I kinda respect that even in my fantasy world haha.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: June 05, 2022, 05:24:06 AM »
Fair enough.   My type was Dakota Kai when she first went heel and was wearing Cut offs and all and I’m conventional enough that Anna Jay is my top AEW female wrestler

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2022, 06:53:55 AM »
Fair enough.   My type was Dakota Kai when she first went heel and was wearing Cut offs and all and I’m conventional enough that Anna Jay is my top AEW female wrestler

Anna is my #2 haha. She was the first one that caught my eye when I started watching dark and BTE. Julia Hart is potentially moving into challenger territory too with this HOB gimmick since I have a goth/emo chick thing. Freshly heel Dakota Kai is a solid pick too, I haven't watched much WWE for a while but I was quite fond of Shotzi last time I did.

I think Anna has gotten pretty good in the ring too, she still freezes up here and there but her offense looks solid and she lays it in there pretty good. I think she just needs to get more confident on the mic and some experience and she's got a very bright future ahead of her.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #254 on: June 06, 2022, 09:36:48 AM »
Holy shit did anybody watch Hell in A Cell last night? Overall it was pretty mehhhhh but I got to give Cody some respect for going out there last night. They really did their best to have a sick match and they definitely did the best they could. Seth in the polka dots was pretty good and Cody busting out the bull rope was a nice homage to his old man.

Now back to the task at hand, which is properly rating the women of AEW.

The Bunny doesn't get near enough shine, she is sexy as hell.

And low key, Penelope Cruz is one of the most talented girls on the roster in the ring. She had some decent matches at the beginning but got lost in the shuffle once Kip Sabian disappeared and the angle/team up with Miro fell flat. She pretty cute too.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2022, 12:31:09 PM »
Holy shit did anybody watch Hell in A Cell last night? Overall it was pretty mehhhhh but I got to give Cody some respect for going out there last night. They really did their best to have a sick match and they definitely did the best they could. Seth in the polka dots was pretty good and Cody busting out the bull rope was a nice homage to his old man.

Now back to the task at hand, which is properly rating the women of AEW.

The Bunny doesn't get near enough shine, she is sexy as hell.

And low key, Penelope Cruz is one of the most talented girls on the roster in the ring. She had some decent matches at the beginning but got lost in the shuffle once Kip Sabian disappeared and the angle/team up with Miro fell flat. She pretty cute too.

I didn't watch live but after reading about it I went and watched. It was an average match but under absolutely extraordinary circumstances that made it super compelling. I've probably said this before but Cody has gallons of carny blood running through his veins and it's one of the reasons I love him haha. He knew how disappointed Dusty would be if he had an injury that looked that gruesome and didn't make money off it haha. I wasn't a huge fan of the HHH references but it is what it is. I'm still on my 80s NWA/WCW PPV kick so I've been getting a healthy helping of Dusty so it was cool to see all the little things Cody took from him. I cracked the fuck up at Seth's entrance too hahaha.

Bunny I can't do but it's not really her fault... She looks almost exactly like this girl I was in the air force with who was a gigantic piece of shit so the sight of her just aggravates me. This chick also had the smelliest fucking snapper I've ever been around. Like straight up don't get downwind of it shit. Like I said, completely not her fault but the mental imprint is too strong to break for me haha. I also get slightly weirded out by chicks that have really wide set eyes. Tay has a mild case of it too. Penelope is definitely top 10 material (maybe even top 5) but I haven't seen her on TV for a while. I have a weird thing for Leva Bates but only in her librarian gimmick. Jamie Hayter looks kind of rough and tumble, I bet she would be fun to hang out with. I don't know if Vicky Dreamboat has wrestled enough dark matches to qualify for this, but if she does then throw her on my list too.

I guess top 3 are pretty firmly Thigh Blue, Anna Jay, then Julia Hart. Then there's kind of a toss up between PVZ, Toni Storm, and Penelope Ford.. they're kind of interchangeable so the rankings are fluid. Then comes the niche girls like Vicky, Hayter, and Statlander. I'll take Abadonkadonk or Thunder Rosa on mute to round out my top 10. I'm sure I'm forgetting some good wrestlers, so consider it a work in progress. Oh and I might have to move Hungle Boy up in there if he gets any bigger.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2022, 05:29:53 AM »
It's Wednesday night, you know what that means! Stoned musings about wrasslin'.

- Darby rocking a Powell reissue on fresh indys (169 I'm guessing) this week. It's so flat it can be used like a chair, amazing.

- Battle Royal was fun until about halfway through when I realized who was winning. This is your weekly "Fuck Kyle O'Reilly" reminder. We really didn't need a full acclaimed entrance in the middle... If you want to do that then have them out first. Did they just turn Swerve there? I hope so. He's going to be way better as a heel.

- New belt, but not really the one I wanted unless they're going to actually elevate the TNT belt and the all Atlantic functions like the wcw TV/WWF european titles. An international tournament for a lower mid card belt is a very early WCW thing to do so I kinda want to call it the all Atlanta title.

- PAC and Matthews in the mirror match. Took a while to get going but it ended up being a pretty good one and showed why NXT used to be great. I sometimes forget how great PAC can be, his selling and timing is top notch. Penta's new mask is fucking sick and I can't wait to see what Julia Hart's new ring gear looks like.

- Definitely didn't think I'd be seeing Ospreay tonight. Best friends vs united empire could be a killer 6 or 8 man opener to Forbidden door.

- silver and Reynolds have made it so that I can't hear Adam Coles song as anything but 'here comes the boobs" now

- forgot about Finlay vs Page. Hangman looks weird without the belt. Good match and as usual Hangman don't miss. I would be wayyyy more stoked for Okada vs Hangman one on one than I would for a 3 way with Cole but I guess they need a heel to take the pin.

- Wardlow is the perfect person to elevate the TNT belt to where it should be. Scorpio Sky is wcw TV title level at best, so let him compete for the new belt.

- Forgot about Marina Shafir when I was ranking the ladies. She's probably a candidate for the final spot, very close to Thunder Rosa on mute. Rosa's kill Bill gear looks awesome and she wasn't screaming into the camera for 20 minutes this time so I have to give her the edge, at least from this match. I don't know if they fucked up the finish or they actually planned to do 2 straight roll ups but either way it kinda ruined what was an otherwise decent match.

- I don't even want to watch the main event because I know they're going to book O'Rimjob to look strong in defeat here. Really hope he does a "reversal/transition to mma style joint lock" spot, those are pretty rare for him!....So I actually fell asleep like 5 minutes into this and watched the end when I got up this morning. Wasn't expecting to like it and I didn't. Blehhh.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Jericho segment? Guessing the BR went over or something.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #257 on: June 09, 2022, 06:15:59 AM »
My boy Kyle O’Reilly. Jobber to the stars. He’s like Sierra Fellers. Exceptionally good yet somehow anti-exceptional. Big fan of that goof.

Agreed Swerve needed a heel turn. Looking forward to him vs. Keith Lee.

I have tickets to Dynamite (and I think Rampage too?) in Detroit June 29. First Dynamite after Forbidden Door with Blood and Guts team Jericho vs. team Kingston. Never been to a TV level wrestling show and I’m excited.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: June 09, 2022, 08:20:48 AM »
My boy Kyle O’Reilly. Jobber to the stars. He’s like Sierra Fellers. Exceptionally good yet somehow anti-exceptional. Big fan of that goof.

Agreed Swerve needed a heel turn. Looking forward to him vs. Keith Lee.

I have tickets to Dynamite (and I think Rampage too?) in Detroit June 29. First Dynamite after Forbidden Door with Blood and Guts team Jericho vs. team Kingston. Never been to a TV level wrestling show and I’m excited.

Little rough on KOR.  He pinned Darby and Jungle Boy clean in the past few weeks. 

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #259 on: June 09, 2022, 09:44:06 AM »
No offense intended. I sincerely love Kyle O’Reilly and have come to accept that I’ve taken on no one else’s favorite as a favorite and am happy to see him in the main event, even though he was not going to win.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #260 on: June 09, 2022, 10:39:21 AM »
No offense intended. I sincerely love Kyle O’Reilly and have come to accept that I’ve taken on no one else’s favorite as a favorite and am happy to see him in the main event, even though he was not going to win.

Oh for sure he was never going to win - just felt calling him was a jobber was a little rough.   

Also, what do people think of his and Bobby Fishs entrance music?   I kinda dig the rip off Danzigness of it and might be the only entrance I’d listen to on my own

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #261 on: June 09, 2022, 01:23:57 PM »
Damn. I was travelling to Vancouver yesterday and missed the whole show.

Do they need another belt? I'm not sure.

Does anyone know what station/time I can watch Rampage tomorrow in Vancouver?

Once again, SLAP doing the real work and pretty much willed a Swerve heel turn into existence.

ANd to anyone still watching WWE, it's so funny to me how they try so hard to kill off tag teams and stables the minute they are actually getting in the zone. I was kinda turning the corner on Judgement Day when Finn Balor came out for them, but then just laughed my ass off when they started jumping Edge. Like they put a lot of effort into that group and Edge is really the only one that can talk in that crew. So now he a babyface again? Jesus. Vince changes his mind so much and the writers don't know what the fuck is happening because they hired reality TV writers to write wrestling storylines.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: June 09, 2022, 04:05:08 PM »

Once again, SLAP doing the real work and pretty much willed a Swerve heel turn into existence.

ANd to anyone still watching WWE, it's so funny to me how they try so hard to kill off tag teams and stables the minute they are actually getting in the zone. I was kinda turning the corner on Judgement Day when Finn Balor came out for them, but then just laughed my ass off when they started jumping Edge. Like they put a lot of effort into that group and Edge is really the only one that can talk in that crew. So now he a babyface again? Jesus. Vince changes his mind so much and the writers don't know what the fuck is happening because they hired reality TV writers to write wrestling storylines.

Supposedly it’s because Edge didn’t want the group to go spooky, but also RAW needs a baby face now that Cody is out

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: June 10, 2022, 08:52:26 AM »

I've been watching a little NXT just to see like the Creeds and Bron but man I can't do it for too long not even just because of the awful writing but the camera cuts absolutely fucking kill my immersion. Half the time I'm just going "what the fuck was that?" because I don't need to see Santos Escobar leaning on the ropes from 4 different angles in under a half second. AEW and old wrestling is infinitely more watchable just from a production standpoint.

I was ready to give the judgement day thing a look when Finn got involved but yeah between them booting Edge for not being edgy enough to pretend he's "supernatural" and the fact theyre continually giving us flaming bags of dog shit for storylines im definitely over it. I think you're right about the reality TV writers too, without actual wrestlers involved in the booking and keeping Vince in line this is what happens.

You didn't miss too much on Dynamite. It was mostly just storyline progression and no real surprise aside from Swerve maybe turning. New belt is the "all Atlantic" title and they kept mentioning how popular they are in the UK so maybe they're planning on expanding but either way it should hopefully help out some of the bloat and give some of the lower mid card guys something to feud over.

You can stream rampage from the TNT site, you might need to use a VPN to make it appear like you're in the US but I feel like they have TNT up there too. If you're in a hotel or somewhere with a TV it'll be on TSN, not sure what time or if you can stream though. If that doesn't work then try watchprowrestling.live or wrestlinglive.in they'll have the streams and links to replays after if you miss it

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: June 11, 2022, 12:18:57 AM »
Ok so I may have made fun of Satnam Singh quite a bit but he just had a genuinely impressive debut match on rampage. He moves way better than I thought he would, he's not young Paul Wight or anything but he can at least run the ropes which is more than these guys can usually do. That finisher is absolutely insane looking but there's no way top guys are letting him do that to them. There's way too much time for things to go wrong from that height.

Statlander looks good but man they're just booking Anna Jay to look dumb as shit.

Speaking of dumb as shit, Will Ospreay match was fun. He's a great himbo heel and still has probably the best balance I've seen along with the bucks and Fenix.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #265 on: June 11, 2022, 12:26:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh for sure he was never going to win - just felt calling him was a jobber was a little rough.   

Also, what do people think of his and Bobby Fishs entrance music?   I kinda dig the rip off Danzigness of it and might be the only entrance I’d listen to on my own

I'll call him a jobber. I mean he's not, but I wish he was so let's will this into existence.

I actually do like the song though. Danzig was the first thing that came to mind when I heard it. Darby's is pretty good too, although the artist is kinda cringey. I like Eddie's a lot even though I wouldn't normally listen to that stuff. Obviously Hook has a great theme too, but the last one I actually downloaded and listen to is actually the FTR theme. It's like a remix of the old Midnight Express song from the glory days of crockett/early WCW and I kinda wanna buy a keyboard just to learn it haha.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2022, 10:49:03 AM »

@Bobby Peru

I love that on this weird little corner of a skate forum we have both a huge KOR fan, and me who fully despises him (his character, I'm sure he's a nice guy), like it's some sort of ultra divisive topic hahaha. I cracked up at your Sierra Fellers comparison, very apt.

I don't actually know what it is, he's just a target for me. Like Daniel Bryan wrestles the same style and I gobble it up but when it's O'Reilly I just bitch the whole time haha. Half of being a wrestling fan for me is just illogically loving or hating people based on something as simple as their ring gear or a promo.

When I went in April it was live Dynamite and they taped Rampage as well as stuff for dark elevation. I fucked up by not showing up until Dynamite and missed a surprise Minoru Suzuki match but it's a lot of wrestling if you stay for the whole thing. I had to go to the bathroom and hit my vape just to make it through Dynamite, I'd probably pack a lunch if I was doing the full card.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2022, 04:27:22 AM »
We have definitely done this in other threads, but here is an updated list of of wrestlers who have a skateboarding counterpart.

Ronnie Creager - Bret Hart. Absolute technical perfection that was certainly top-tier, but should have been full on god level.

Antwuan Dixon - New Jack. Where you getting stabbed? The ring or the skatepark? Both loved coke,white women, and jail.

Andy Mac - John Cena. Pretty corny but it works. Very polarizing. If Cena ever skated I could absolutely see him rocking a
                 yellow helmet.

Andrew Reynolds - Shawn Michaels. Kickflip or dropkick, these guys perfected the most basic move and made it legendary.
                            Battled drug addiction and now is a mentor to the current youth uprising.

Leticia Bufoni - Tay Conti. Brazilian bubble butt with kind of an annoying voice.

Darby Allin - Darby Allin.

Tony Hawk - Hulk Hogan. Took an outsider sport and forced it into the mainstream. Most recognizable name in their
                   respected fields. Fame reached further into pop culture than ever expected.

Jason Lee - The Rock. One of the great ones that walked away to pursue Hollywood.

Heath Kirchart - Sting. Wore a lot of black. Doesn't talk much. I imagine vigilante Sting in the top of the rafters stalking the
                        nWo is much like the days when Heath would hide out at street spots and secretly film others skating his
                        spots.

Mike V. - Mankind. Find something high and jump off it. Sometimes the slam is better than the make.

Somebody add some more!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2022, 04:44:07 AM »
Who is Jeff Hardy? Trying to think of prominent fuckups but TK or Wenning seem too excessive and not a good fit. Maybe J. Casa. Nova. Uh., but Hardy is actually charismatic and likeable

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2022, 12:30:36 PM »
Who is Jeff Hardy? Trying to think of prominent fuckups but TK or Wenning seem too excessive and not a good fit. Maybe J. Casa. Nova. Uh., but Hardy is actually charismatic and likeable

He’s Reynolds or an OG Baker guy.   Herman would almost work but he never seemingly let that shit get out of hand