Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 41017 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2022, 02:30:09 PM »
Oh fuck I'm an idiot, Jeff Hardy is Bam.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2022, 05:08:36 PM »
Bingo

Merlino is Joey Janela - jersey guys who put their lives on the line for the vast majority to not really care about

Sting - Heath

Eddie Kingston - Grosso (both give great promos on what they love)

Jericho - Koston you either really love or really hate them but they’ve been at the top for all of their modern eras and know how to stick around

Way/undertaker - classic skaters diminished by the revelation of their political views

SHAQUEEFA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2022, 04:21:11 AM »
Jeff Hardy - Dustin Dollin. Get drunk and go big. Slam hard. BAM also works.

Max Castor - J. Casanova.

R. Truth - Ron Allen.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2022, 07:31:57 AM »
Hahaha these are great guys. With Sting as Heath I had a full on "wait.. What... Actually yeah that's perfect" response.

Tonight is the special Road Rager edition of Dynamite and its shaping up to be interesting.

I guess the plan to have Bucks vs Jurassic Express straight up in a ladder match now.. Which to be completely honest might be a better match. I just hope they don't feel like they need to go balls out and end up hurting themselves before the ppv. I'm also kinda wondering if they're going to switch the belts to try and court the NJPW/bullet club fans for the PPV.

Moxley and Tana are gonna have a face to face, curious to see what kind of reaction the ace gets.

Ospreay vs Dax. They sure do love the "half of a tag match" thing don't they?

Toni Storm vs Britt Baker. Hopefully it's a good match. Thoroughbred PA longback vs an impressive Australian "outback". I know she's technically kiwi but work with me here.

Wardlow vs 20 security guards should be fun. They should have Doug Dillinger as their manager.

And finally my sleeper pick for match of the night - Miro vs Ethan Page. Should be a mighty meaty meeting between a couple of beefy bros. Page was really good last time I saw him and Miro is awesome when he cares. Im so happy we're getting neck of sand promos again. Also wonder if we'll ever see Lana in AEW. I thought she was good (sometimes really good) as a heel manager and even though she's not really my type it's pretty hard to ignore how much of a genetic jackpot she hit....Tig Ole bitties.

Edit: Totally forgot about the hair match. I think Ortiz is losing, he probably just wants to cut his hair for summer. No way Jericho's wannabe rockstar ass is giving his up yet. Hes banging roids at his age so I would assume he'd just get plugs if he wants to get rid of the bald spot.

Also Darby gear update - I'm watching dark and he just did a run in with the worst Zumiez special I've ever seen... Thrasher flame grip, deathwish price point, some purple trucks that I'm assuming are krux and Nora related, and matching purple cruiser wheels. Wait he just gave it away to some kid in the front row... If those krux were k4 I'd have done the same Darby.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 12:31:59 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2022, 12:36:37 PM »
elissa - lita - super talented women, slightly ahead of their time but not too far ahead that aren't able to currently still rip

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #275 on: June 15, 2022, 05:08:16 PM »
Uh oh sounds like Vince is about to have his private life dragged into the public eye. That's gotta chap his leathery old ass so bad, especially since people actually still read the WSJ. Apparently he paid a staffer 3 mil in hush money, can't wait to hear all the sordid saggy balled details.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2022, 08:25:20 PM »
 eddie Kingston looks like fat Wade Desarmo
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2022, 01:14:43 AM »
Uh oh sounds like Vince is about to have his private life dragged into the public eye. That's gotta chap his leathery old ass so bad, especially since people actually still read the WSJ. Apparently he paid a staffer 3 mil in hush money, can't wait to hear all the sordid saggy balled details.

To coincide with this timing, rumors are gathering that Sasha Banks got released

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: June 16, 2022, 06:08:25 AM »
Dude the Vince shit is way more fucked up and cynical than I thought it was going to be. Guess all the "Johnny Ace is a pervert and bad person" stories were true after all.

Dynamite kinda sucked except for the main event. They really tried to get everything in and it just felt rushed and uneven, but the ladder match was a definite banger. All hail Hungle Boy and his step-up springboard ranas.

Notes:

- fuckin knew Jericho wasn't shaving his head. Unfortunately now he has the Sammy stink on him. I hope the crowds just sandbag everything with Sammy and Tay in it. Don't boo, just sit on your hands. Legit go away heat for me. I don't want to see Sammy lose, I just don't want to see him period.

- Wardlow segment was an overbooked mess. Were we really supposed to buy 50 year old brain damaged Matt Hughes as some kind of threat?

- Speaking of brain damage, Will Ospreay had a great match with Dax.

- Kinda blew their wad early on the OC return, why not do a "mystery partner" promo and then let him get the massive PPV return pop?

- Somehow Moxley sounds drunker now that he's sober.

- Ethan Page vs Miro had a nice hard hitting match. Love how Page works and I had totally forgotten what a beauty of a dropkick Miro has. I'd love to see him win the tourney.

- Luchasaurus looks cool as fuck in white and gold but I can never get past his fucking vibram 5 finger shoes.

- Main event was pretty bonkers, it played out exactly like me playing a video game. Hungle Boy is a motherfuckin star and I only care about Christian turning if it leads to a singles title for Dylan McKay's son.
-

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #279 on: June 16, 2022, 09:16:36 AM »
So yesterday I got to work at 7am, teed off at the golf course at 1pm (in the Florida heat), then after that I had to do some quick plumbing at a rental property, so I was pretty dead by the time dynamite rolled around. Slept through most of it.

Dax v. Ospreay was really really good. My first time seeing an Ospreay match. He makes the springboard stunner look really good.

I really can't believe they had Sammy join the JAS. That is just bad, JAS had the good kind of heat, now they have sammy and Tay Cunti making out heat.

Listened to Talk is Jericho with Toni Storm and another with Daniel Garcia. Both were solid.

Man, I don't know if Jeff Hardy comes back from this one. AEW is saying all the right things to support him and his recovery, but I can't see him being booked seriously anymore. It's too much of a liability at this point. And dude, Hardy's just did a Talk is Jericho where he fully explains his end in WWE and how they thought he was fucked up but he passed a drug test and all that. for this to happen. I would have gone to that convention they were at if I wasn't out of town.

I met Lana at the airport in LA once while at baggage claim. It's funny though because she wasn't wearing any makeup and looks totally different. I recognized her dog from instagram. I walked up to her and said "Happy Rusev Day" and she said same to you and we went our separate ways.

I'm bummed I won't be home to watch Forbidden Door.

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #280 on: June 16, 2022, 12:02:41 PM »
Will Ospreay is the truth and I’m glad he’s finally on national tv (not nj strong reruns)

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #281 on: June 16, 2022, 12:22:19 PM »
Glad I went to the Philly NJPW show at the ECW arena. I had a hunch that it was a training show for everyone taking part in Forbidden Door.

Glad I got to catch Will Ospreay and Killer Kross in person.

Killer Kross would be perfect for the House of Black. With Scarlet, they’d be a modern-day Army of Darkness.

Also Damian Priest is total basura. Sucks they have Finn Balor, the founder of Bullet Club, leading that crappy Judgement Day stable.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #282 on: June 16, 2022, 12:35:08 PM »
Did anyone notice that Young Bucks were wearing Nike SB California Dunks? Thought that was a nice touch to their gear.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2022, 04:13:46 PM »
Did anyone notice that Young Bucks were wearing Nike SB California Dunks? Thought that was a nice touch to their gear.

Yeah - they wore them at the LA shows when it made a bit more sense hah

Surprised everyone is reacting so strongly to Jericho/Sammy.   They’ve been pretty linked together since the start of this whole promotion and I assume it’s more of the same.   Sammy’s likability plummets unless he’s around Fuego del Sol

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2022, 12:33:24 AM »
Shaqueefster brother it's like 92 with 63% humidity here today and I'm fucking dying when I'm not in the shade. I have no idea how you survive let alone skate and golf and whatnot. You didn't miss much, the Ospreay and Bucks matches were really the only thing worth watching.

Ospreay is going to be a revelation to some folks, guys been on a tear since he became a heavyweight. He's dumb as a box of rocks but an absolute savant in the ring... Kinda like a British AJ Styles. I would pay SO much money to see those two face off on some sort of trivia show.

Hardy has to be done. Too much of a liability for a nostalgia act that was already nearing it's expiration date. He's massively fucked up and embarrassed every major company he's worked for. Pretty sure he's going to jail this time too, I believe one of the charges is a mandatory minimum 30 days. I would assume once he's done with rehab and jail they'll quietly release him or let his contract expire. Sounds like the plan was to put the belts on them too, Matt must be pissed.

Dude I'm so annoyed about sammy in the JAS. It legit has the possibility of totally ruining an angle I was otherwise starting to really enjoy. Danny Garcia wrestling all his matches in a Kangol is good heat. Sammy and Tay is the worst "please just go the fuck away" heat I've experienced in a long time. It doesn't surprise me or anything, I just hate it.

Honestly the whole Forbidden Door build kind of sucks. I know shit got all fucked up with Punk getting hurt but this should have either been a straight up "NJPW vs AEW" theme or something.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2022, 04:34:09 AM »
They could have done so much more with the build to this. Have some NJPW people team up with AEW Japanese stars.  A mixed tag with Shida and Riho on opposing teams with two NJ guys could have been cool.

Great Muta v Malakai Black in a mist to the eyes match where they both mist each other at the same time and some how each person getting hit with mist completely enables their ability to ever make mist again. NO MORE MIST!!!!

Injuries definitely fucked this one up with Punk and Danielson out(yea I know Cole is out but that doesn't affect me cuz I don't like him aside from his entrance.) YOu know Danielson is sooooo bummed he has to sit this one out he loves strong style chops and kicks.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2022, 06:31:26 PM »
Glad I went to the Philly NJPW show at the ECW arena. I had a hunch that it was a training show for everyone taking part in Forbidden Door.

Glad I got to catch Will Ospreay and Killer Kross in person.

Killer Kross would be perfect for the House of Black. With Scarlet, they’d be a modern-day Army of Darkness.

Also Damian Priest is total basura. Sucks they have Finn Balor, the founder of Bullet Club, leading that crappy Judgement Day stable.

Man I need to see a show at the ECW arena before I die. Ive posted about it here before but ECW is my favorite promotion ever so that's sacred ground to me.

I would be happy with Kross coming in as long as he brings his obscenely hot wife with him. Finn has been largely wasted ever since they made him a pumpkin. His NXT and early run was good but they just can't book the dude at all, remember when his super badass demon persona fell off the top rope and just died like the biggest dweeb in the universe?

They could have done so much more with the build to this. Have some NJPW people team up with AEW Japanese stars.  A mixed tag with Shida and Riho on opposing teams with two NJ guys could have been cool.

Great Muta v Malakai Black in a mist to the eyes match where they both mist each other at the same time and some how each person getting hit with mist completely enables their ability to ever make mist again. NO MORE MIST!!!!

Injuries definitely fucked this one up with Punk and Danielson out(yea I know Cole is out but that doesn't affect me cuz I don't like him aside from his entrance.) YOu know Danielson is sooooo bummed he has to sit this one out he loves strong style chops and kicks.

You're a fucking booking genius. Mist vs mist match is hilarious but I would do Muta winning via interferemist from Tajiri and then just going home and them announcing he had to have his mist glands removed after a cancer scare.

They really did fuck the build up and I'm worried its going to be another 5 hour show because everyone wants to get their shit in. I'm sure it's going to be absolutely amazing from an in ring standpoint, but I feel like it's not going to sell a ton of PPVs.

Oh and I wouldn't be so sure about BD sitting this one out... There's a good chance they're going to announce him vs Zack Sabre Jr. on Dynamite as long as he's healthy. If that happens I want an iso cam on Regal so I can see how many loads he blows. If they went to a time limit draw he could probably fill Garcia's Kangol with blackpool combat cum.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2022, 07:48:46 PM »
Yeah I don’t think they’d have ZSJ call him out if he’s injured.   

I think this PPV will set up some kind of faction split with BC and UElite (unfortunately with the Good Brothers likely coming back)

I’d also love to see some kind of Kota/Kenny acknowledgement since I know Kenny isn’t in shape to come back yet

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2022, 09:34:47 PM »
Holy shit Vince is such a carny (and I mean that in the worst way possible) and I felt really gross watching him get a standing ovation for treating women like property.

Edit - I didn't watch the whole thing so I didn't even realize they're apparently doing Brock vs Roman AGAIN? What the fuck? Like the last one at mania didn't suck enough?

I wasn't watching the product anyways but I might actually cancel my peacock sub, as much as I like having a high res repository of the old NWA/wcw and territory stuff I should really probably pirate it on principle. Especially considering the wrestlers don't get royalties from it unlike DVD sales.

Also Holy shit moment on Rampage. Darby vs Fish was sick, I genuinely don't understand how they could have done that coffin drop spot without fucking his ankle up.

Oh and since we've been talking about both Ospreay and Forbidden door being cursed lately.....apparently the match we were SUPPOSED to get was fucking Ospreay vs Andrade. That match would be an absolute dream come true for me and I'm sure a lot of other people as well. I really don't care about Ospreay vs OC either. I'm sorry but a comedy gimmick just isn't the right person to put against one of the best pure workers in the world for a show like this. I hate to sound like Cornette but how am I supposed to take it seriously when the guy has his hands in his pockets?

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #289 on: June 20, 2022, 10:58:09 AM »
Yeah I agree with you on Orange even though I fucking love his gimmick, but the luster has kinda worn off because we know he can really wrestle. All the shit leading up to his first "real match" with PAC was great because you had no clue what you were going to get. Oh and I was OC for Halloween a last year. I'll find the clips.

Oh, anybody got any good photos of them as wrestlers for Halloween? I'll put up mine.

That Vince shit is so bad and now I hear he sold a lot of WWE shares right before the scandal broke so that now throws in a nice added layer of insider trading to this already juicy layer filled scandal.

Brock v Roman again...... So yawwwwwwwwn.

SHAQUEEFA

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2022, 11:12:59 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpoK0vwFAlF/

Scroll through this one for Mankind, Cena, my homie as Jericho, Enzo Amore, Macho Man with my wife as Miss Elizabeth, and my gameday gear I call the "Who Dey Libre".

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2022, 11:47:41 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks the build to Forbidden Door has been super rushed and creates a high likelihood for a mid ppv?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2022, 12:17:54 PM »
I don't have anything against Orange, he's really good at what he does and I've got a huge soft spot for all the Chikara boys but at the end of the day it's still a comedy gimmick first and foremost. You can only work around that fact so much. I would be happy to see him on the card somewhere, just not against the guy who could legit put on a 6 star match with numerous guys on the roster. Andrade would have been sooooo perfect for it but I'd rather see Ospreay against even like Ethan Page or John Silver than OC.

Man there's a lot of stuff around Vince that just seems so grimy right now. The insider trading, the fucked up SD appearance, insulting his audience's intelligence (probably appropriately) for the umpteenth time, alongside all the misogyny and sham marriage stuff. Maybe the old rumors about him fucking Shawn as a power move are actually true too?

And yeah definitely not watching Brock and Roman spam finishers like a kid who got No Mercy and a GameShark for Christmas again.

I'm also wondering if the Bucks are turning face again, they've toned it down on BTE a little bit and seems like everyone hates Adam Cole so turning on him could be fun.

The Hardy arrest video is just sad. Apparently they were going to pull him from the ladder match anyways and he was actually on his way to get a brain scan because after the 20 minute PPV match vs the bucks he was all fucked up and couldn't remember the match. It sounds bad. I don't think I ever want to see the dude wrestle again and I hate that there'll be indy and overseas promoters lining up to book him when he gets out of jail.

I haven't dressed up as anyone for a long time, but I went to a college party as Papa Shango once and there was a while where I inadvertently looked and dressed like a really skinny Balls Mahoney, dunno if that counts haha. I have one of those full print dragon shirts that I refer to as my "Mikey Whipwreck shirt" too.

Edit: SHAQUEEFA you might currently be my favorite person I've never met haha. Very nice OC (you hit the shuffle perfectly) and your Miss Liz is definitely worthy of her dress. Your Enzo actually just reminded me that of that time when I started watching again for like 3 months before they lost me. Shinsuke at the height of his coolness is another "how did they fuck that up?!" as well. One of my favorite entrances ever.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 01:45:46 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2022, 01:50:45 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the build to Forbidden Door has been super rushed and creates a high likelihood for a mid ppv?

I think if you want storylines, yes, but if you want good wrestling, it’ll be worth it

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2022, 08:59:22 PM »

Nah I think a lot of us are in that boat. Things got funky with Punks injury and the lucha blood feud politics but I think there was always a danger of this happening to some extent. Instead of trying to cram everyone onto the already packed AEW TV they should have just done a NJPW special where they could do video promos and highlights and then actually debut the NJPW guys in ring at the PPV. I feel like that would have built just as much hype and it wouldn't have required trying to cram everything in alongside the AEW storylines. Just promote it as AEW vs NJPW to see who has the best wrestlers in the world,  WCW and NJPW did some stuff like that in the early 90s and it sold all over the world.

As for it being mid.. I think that's going to depend on your expectations and what you like. It's probably going to be top notch in terms of in ring work... There's too much talent in both companies to not have at least a couple bangers. That being said, 4-5 hours of strong style spots and 20 minute wars is enough to tire out anyone. If they try to let everyone get their shit in its probably going to drag after the first few matches.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: June 21, 2022, 07:06:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah I think a lot of us are in that boat. Things got funky with Punks injury and the lucha blood feud politics but I think there was always a danger of this happening to some extent. Instead of trying to cram everyone onto the already packed AEW TV they should have just done a NJPW special where they could do video promos and highlights and then actually debut the NJPW guys in ring at the PPV. I feel like that would have built just as much hype and it wouldn't have required trying to cram everything in alongside the AEW storylines. Just promote it as AEW vs NJPW to see who has the best wrestlers in the world,  WCW and NJPW did some stuff like that in the early 90s and it sold all over the world.

As for it being mid.. I think that's going to depend on your expectations and what you like. It's probably going to be top notch in terms of in ring work... There's too much talent in both companies to not have at least a couple bangers. That being said, 4-5 hours of strong style spots and 20 minute wars is enough to tire out anyone. If they try to let everyone get their shit in its probably going to drag after the first few matches.

I agree, I think strong style pace will be a bit much for new watchers. Not every match will be a Kenny Omega-Okada spot fest. Even strong style finishers might not be your average mainstream wrestling fan’s cup of tea.

It would be nice if the ppv had some Cedric Alexander-Kota Ibushi or even Scorpio-Benoit paced matches.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #297 on: June 21, 2022, 09:23:39 AM »
Yeah it blows my mind how WWE fucked it up with Shinsuke. He is sooooo much better than the spot he is in now.

As soon as they heel turned him the first time after losing to AJ Styles at WM it was kind of a wrap for him. He could have had a legendary feud with AJ (I've seen one of their matches from NJPW and it was so fucking good. Instead, we got Nakamura just kicking dude in the nuts a bunch of times.
I used to listen to Nakamura entrance theme to get me hyped in the mornings. So good. They purposely changed his music to make it so you couldn't really sing along to it when they turned him heel. Once the fans stopped singing, they stopped caring.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2022, 10:19:01 AM »
Yeah it blows my mind how WWE fucked it up with Shinsuke. He is sooooo much better than the spot he is in now.

As soon as they heel turned him the first time after losing to AJ Styles at WM it was kind of a wrap for him. He could have had a legendary feud with AJ (I've seen one of their matches from NJPW and it was so fucking good. Instead, we got Nakamura just kicking dude in the nuts a bunch of times.
I used to listen to Nakamura entrance theme to get me hypedin the mornings. So good. They purposely changed his music to make it so you couldn't really sing along to it when they turned him heel. Once the fans stopped singing, they stopped caring.

That first heel promo he dropped with Renee Young was a clinic in body language and charisma overcoming a language barrier.

https://youtu.be/aoaF6I7q_pk

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #299 on: June 22, 2022, 04:23:38 AM »
Man I have this cable channel that used to play old episodes of New Japan with Jim Ross on commentary and I saw some great matches that way and its really the only exposure I've had to NJPW wrestlers besides this Facebook group chat that I randomly found myself in. But I saw some banger matches from Omega, Kota Ibushi, the Jericho/Okada match, and more.

I also love the story of Kota Ibushi coming to USA and being offered the world by WWE. They wanted him to win that Cruiserweight Classic and be the face of 205 Live and he said no thanks so they had him job to fucking TJ Perkins.

Once again, I really regret not going to the New Japan tapings when they were in Tampa a few months ago.

On another note, Ric Flair has fully moved to Tampa and is regularly seen around town. I haven't run into him yet, but when I do I will be showing him my wedding video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHrRlIkAGkN/