Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 40916 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #390 on: July 05, 2022, 02:28:30 AM »
I will say Satnam seems to have heaps more personality than Omos or Khali.   Not saying he has a ton of personality, but what he displays is more than those two

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #391 on: July 05, 2022, 06:36:59 AM »
I will say Satnam seems to have heaps more personality than Omos or Khali.   Not saying he has a ton of personality, but what he displays is more than those two

Alright I watched the rest of it.

That thigh slap and point thing he does looks pretty cool. I love his gear too, but I'm a sucker for black and gold. I still don't see anyone except jobbers taking that bump though.

Does anyone else find it funny that the Best Friends wrestled a guy named Broner?

Had to laugh at the crowd having no idea who Yuka was and Tony sounding like he very much knew, but in a sort of creepy way. Speaking of creepy, Laynie Luck might make the list if she becomes a regular. She's got a hell of an Instagram.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #392 on: July 05, 2022, 01:13:04 PM »
Haven't watched any of the other matches yet. Bobby did you get to see Big Satty Cool in person? I can't remember if you said if you watched the dark matches or not.

Aw man I got there shortly after his match ended and I’m bummed about it. Partially because I want to see how fuckin’ huge that guy looks in person but mostly because the dudes he beat are local guys I watch live all the time, Ren “Swag Champ” Jones being one of my favorites.

On that note, I’m not sure I ever brought it up in here but I go to a local indie show called Sanctuary Fight Club every month. It’s at a punk/hardcore/metal venue where the ceiling is about 4 feet over the top rope and all the wrestlers are legitimately great. Their championship belt is always held under falls count anywhere rules and they always use the whole venue each time. It’s a blast. Ren Jones once accidentally suicidad a woman standing right next to me there.

Here’s a little recap they made of the last show I saw there:

http://www.instagram.com/tv/CcTqty3jEFh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 01:21:08 PM by Bobby Peru »

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #393 on: July 05, 2022, 06:29:26 PM »
Anyone watch Control Your Narrative yet?
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #394 on: July 06, 2022, 01:42:35 AM »

Hahaha. Nah.

Expand Quote
Haven't watched any of the other matches yet. Bobby did you get to see Big Satty Cool in person? I can't remember if you said if you watched the dark matches or not.
[close]

Aw man I got there shortly after his match ended and I’m bummed about it. Partially because I want to see how fuckin’ huge that guy looks in person but mostly because the dudes he beat are local guys I watch live all the time, Ren “Swag Champ” Jones being one of my favorites.

On that note, I’m not sure I ever brought it up in here but I go to a local indie show called Sanctuary Fight Club every month. It’s at a punk/hardcore/metal venue where the ceiling is about 4 feet over the top rope and all the wrestlers are legitimately great. Their championship belt is always held under falls count anywhere rules and they always use the whole venue each time. It’s a blast. Ren Jones once accidentally suicidad a woman standing right next to me there.

Yo that place looks rad. Indy bar wrestling definitely teaches you how to connect with the audience in a really cool way. I would totally go see a show there. We have IWC who are more of a traditional northeast high school gym indy fed so you can imagine what kind of crowd that draws. There's a lot of very nice but very fuckin awkward people haha.

Satnam wrestled on dark again. The jobber was like "fuck this shit I'm not taking that bump" and grabbed on when he picked him up for the Ric Flair bomb so the man called Singh just gave him a pretty fucking gnarly looking powerbomb instead. He looked really pissed about it and Jay Lethal was cracking up after the match. Totally worth checking out if you haven't already seen it. He also does a big boot and I had to laugh because he like barely picks his leg up and hes at head level.

Also I always forget about this guy but Bear Boulder is kind of cool. He's got that classic big man build (John Tenta, Vader, Tugboat/shockmaster etc) and moves pretty well. He's not amazing or anything but he can run the ropes and seems like he has a bunch of strongman spots. He's vanilla as fuck right now but put him in a silent hulking monster role like Braun and I bet he would get over Braun did.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #395 on: July 06, 2022, 04:44:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Yeah I definitely turned her into a fan.

I hadn't watched for a very long time and one night I was flipping channels and was just like "You know what babe, we're going to watch Monday Night Raw tonight. She obviously was not psyched but it happened to be a night a bunch of crazy shit happened. It was the night Rollins turned on the Shield, Bray Wyatt was in his big feud with Cena when he had the kids in the sheeps masks surrounding the ring singing he;s got the whole world in his hands, and some other shit. Obviously as a woman, she was drawn to the relationship/soap opera storylines that were pretty prevalent during that time. She was just like "Oh so this is a soap opera with fights? I'm in"

She hasn't turned back and now has actual formulated opinions on people's work rate and skills. She is one to also go down Wikipedia rabbit holes so she will come out with some crazy factoids every now and then.
[close]

Hey dude no offense but can I take your wife on a date?

Seriously that's so cool. I've always described it to non fans as "a soap opera for men" and I'm huge on the Wikipedia wormholes. You should show her the infamous dvdvr sleaze thread that Tony started when he was in college... It's only partially archived sadly but there's more than enough ridiculous shit to keep her (and any other fan) entertained for a while. Ring the Damn Bell's "wrestling with sin" articles are great too, kinda like a shitty blog version of dark side of the ring.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050308041405/http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=19896&view=all

https://ringthedamnbell.wordpress.com/category/wrestling-with-sin/

Watching the rumble right now. Going off Atiba's hints I'm thinking it's gotta be Hobbs or The Butcher. OK Hobbs is gone.. Wait no way, Brody! I'm definitely cool with that and the elimination spot was SICK. Looked like someone subduing their little brother who was throwing a tantrum. He's the kind of meaty sweat hog that I'm totally down to watch fight Mox. Actually I'm kind of pumped. Let's get some big boy energy up in here!

Yoshi Hashi still looks like he just sprinted a mile to see his favorite ninja turtle, Donatello. Really good match though, reminded me of a bullet club bucks match, which I guess makes sense haha.

Marina Shafir sucks and so did that main event. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't slightly enjoy Nyla choking and fish hooking a screaming Toni Storm though.

Anyone else think OCs new theme is a fucking banger? It sounds like an unreleased ELO song.

Yes. I found a real winner. Appreciate the sentiment, but you can not take her out. If you ever find yourself in Tampa though, we will take you out. I'm gonna try hard to not smoke too much before 8pm tonight. Really make a go at staying up until 10.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #396 on: July 06, 2022, 04:49:07 AM »
Also been listening to the new OC entrance song and I can't believe I forgot about that song. It's so fucking good. Jefferson Starship had some bangers for sure.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #397 on: July 06, 2022, 06:47:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahaha. Nah.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yo that place looks rad. Indy bar wrestling definitely teaches you how to connect with the audience in a really cool way. I would totally go see a show there. We have IWC who are more of a traditional northeast high school gym indy fed so you can imagine what kind of crowd that draws. There's a lot of very nice but very fuckin awkward people haha.

Satnam wrestled on dark again. The jobber was like "fuck this shit I'm not taking that bump" and grabbed on when he picked him up for the Ric Flair bomb so the man called Singh just gave him a pretty fucking gnarly looking powerbomb instead. He looked really pissed about it and Jay Lethal was cracking up after the match. Totally worth checking out if you haven't already seen it. He also does a big boot and I had to laugh because he like barely picks his leg up and hes at head level.

Also I always forget about this guy but Bear Boulder is kind of cool. He's got that classic big man build (John Tenta, Vader, Tugboat/shockmaster etc) and moves pretty well. He's not amazing or anything but he can run the ropes and seems like he has a bunch of strongman spots. He's vanilla as fuck right now but put him in a silent hulking monster role like Braun and I bet he would get over Braun did.

Reminds me of this.

https://youtu.be/thCQFZdpCok

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #398 on: July 06, 2022, 07:41:46 AM »
The real Forbidden Door. I hope this happens. List your dream matches.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoestriecher/2022/07/06/tony-khan-open-to-aew-and-wwe-super-show/amp/

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #399 on: July 06, 2022, 07:46:02 AM »
WOW!

So much bad in that video.

Sid was just awful. He fell on his own move. HAHHAHA

And man, if I were the skyscrapers, Mr. Blackwell would have gotten his ass kicked in the locker room for the no-selling he did. He popped right up after every move with no look of pain. Even the finish!

I'll never forget the Sid promo where he tries to start over and Mean Gene has to tell him they are live. His look and character should really be one of the all time greats but he was just so bad at wrestling.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #400 on: July 06, 2022, 07:49:45 AM »
Whoops didn't look at the full title of the video. Dude got what he deserved. Notice they weren't going after The Avalanche.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #401 on: July 06, 2022, 08:03:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I hadn't watched for a very long time and one night I was flipping channels and was just like "You know what babe, we're going to watch Monday Night Raw tonight. She obviously was not psyched but it happened to be a night a bunch of crazy shit happened. It was the night Rollins turned on the Shield, Bray Wyatt was in his big feud with Cena when he had the kids in the sheeps masks surrounding the ring singing he;s got the whole world in his hands, and some other shit. Obviously as a woman, she was drawn to the relationship/soap opera storylines that were pretty prevalent during that time. She was just like "Oh so this is a soap opera with fights? I'm in"

She hasn't turned back and now has actual formulated opinions on people's work rate and skills. She is one to also go down Wikipedia rabbit holes so she will come out with some crazy factoids every now and then.
[close]

Seriously that's so cool. I've always described it to non fans as "a soap opera for men" and I'm huge on the Wikipedia wormholes. You should show her the infamous dvdvr sleaze thread that Tony started when he was in college... It's only partially archived sadly but there's more than enough ridiculous shit to keep her (and any other fan) entertained for a while. Ring the Damn Bell's "wrestling with sin" articles are great too, kinda like a shitty blog version of dark side of the ring.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050308041405/http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=19896&view=all

Watching the rumble right now. Going off Atiba's hints I'm thinking it's gotta be Hobbs or The Butcher. OK Hobbs is gone.. Wait no way, Brody! I'm definitely cool with that and the elimination spot was SICK. Looked like someone subduing their little brother who was throwing a tantrum. He's the kind of meaty sweat hog that I'm totally down to watch fight Mox. Actually I'm kind of pumped. Let's get some big boy energy up in here!

Yoshi Hashi still looks like he just sprinted a mile to see his favorite ninja turtle, Donatello. Really good match though, reminded me of a bullet club bucks match, which I guess makes sense haha.

Marina Shafir sucks and so did that main event. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't slightly enjoy Nyla choking and fish hooking a screaming Toni Storm though.

Anyone else think OCs new theme is a fucking banger? It sounds like an unreleased ELO song.
[close]

Yes. I found a real winner. Appreciate the sentiment, but you can not take her out. If you ever find yourself in Tampa though, we will take you out. I'm gonna try hard to not smoke too much before 8pm tonight. Really make a go at staying up until 10.

Hahaha dude you for sure did, and so did she. I'll return the offer if you're ever in Pittsburgh!

I have major dental surgery coming up and took yesterday off because I had an appointment so I totally forgot today was Wednesday.

Just checked the card for tonight and holy shit we get Wardlow vs Scorpio Sky for the TNT title! I really, really hope they pull the trigger on a title change if for no other reason than they need to get the belt off Sky before he kills it completely. I'm sorry Tony, I know he's you and the bucks' boy but he's just not that good. He's only ever gotten over by proxy, first with teaming with some of the most respected wrestlers of the indy generation and then by letting Dan Lambert talk for him and that weird couple of weeks where people cheered him just because he was wrestling Sammy.

We're also getting Mox vs Brody, let's see if Mox blades from a body slam this week. Christian will also be cutting a turtleneck promo on Hungle Boy which is fun.

I usually try to take a nap when I get home but Im home by 230 most days so I have a lot of time to kill. It also doesn't always work haha. As long as I'm not smoking like some super indica powerhouse I can usually make it the whole 2 hours, but I have my strain lineup pretty well dialed in right now.

I listened to the OC theme in the shower this morning. It really is a great tune haha.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #402 on: July 06, 2022, 08:19:56 AM »
WOW!

So much bad in that video.

Sid was just awful. He fell on his own move. HAHHAHA

And man, if I were the skyscrapers, Mr. Blackwell would have gotten his ass kicked in the locker room for the no-selling he did. He popped right up after every move with no look of pain. Even the finish!

I'll never forget the Sid promo where he tries to start over and Mean Gene has to tell him they are live. His look and character should really be one of the all time greats but he was just so bad at wrestling.

Apparently the beatdown was much worse when they got to the locker room.

Even Teddy long was egging them on.

Lives are gonna fade in Waylon Mercy’s hands. Know what I mean?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: July 06, 2022, 09:08:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hahaha dude you for sure did, and so did she. I'll return the offer if you're ever in Pittsburgh!

I have major dental surgery coming up and took yesterday off because I had an appointment so I totally forgot today was Wednesday.

Just checked the card for tonight and holy shit we get Wardlow vs Scorpio Sky for the TNT title! I really, really hope they pull the trigger on a title change if for no other reason than they need to get the belt off Sky before he kills it completely. I'm sorry Tony, I know he's you and the bucks' boy but he's just not that good. He's only ever gotten over by proxy, first with teaming with some of the most respected wrestlers of the indy generation and then by letting Dan Lambert talk for him and that weird couple of weeks where people cheered him just because he was wrestling Sammy.

We're also getting Mox vs Brody, let's see if Mox blades from a body slam this week. Christian will also be cutting a turtleneck promo on Hungle Boy which is fun.

I usually try to take a nap when I get home but Im home by 230 most days so I have a lot of time to kill. It also doesn't always work haha. As long as I'm not smoking like some super indica powerhouse I can usually make it the whole 2 hours, but I have my strain lineup pretty well dialed in right now.

I listened to the OC theme in the shower this morning. It really is a great tune haha.

Has Jane been used in a skate part?   I can imagine Digital or something like that wasting it on some throwaway skating that doesn’t deserve it

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #404 on: July 06, 2022, 10:53:15 AM »
Hahahaha I love that Spivey shoot squash. What the fuck was Lodi's dad thinking?

I always remember Dr. Death breaking Steve Ray in half and Saturn trying to kill Mike Bell. I'm trying to think of other ones... Koji Kitao trying to eye gouge Earthquake, backing down because he knew he couldnt win straight up, and then getting on the mic and exposing the business in Japan was notable at one point. I know I'm missing a few others.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #405 on: July 06, 2022, 11:11:02 AM »
Hahahaha I love that Spivey shoot squash. What the fuck was Lodi's dad thinking?

I always remember Dr. Death breaking Steve Ray in half and Saturn trying to kill Mike Bell. I'm trying to think of other ones... Koji Kitao trying to eye gouge Earthquake, backing down because he knew he couldnt win straight up, and then getting on the mic and exposing the business in Japan was notable at one point. I know I'm missing a few others.

Koko shooting on this jobber.

https://youtu.be/0KmTdsLMyG0

Acolytes vs Public Enemy mugging

https://youtu.be/wSarumsUqWk

Great Sasuke vs Dirt Bike Kid

https://youtu.be/kBtTeNoSYro

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #406 on: July 06, 2022, 12:41:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh my god I forgot how awesome Sasuke vs dirtbag skid is. Sasuke is a fucking legend, show some respect you fucking chav.

There's also Akira Maeda kicking the everloving fuck out of Riki Choshu while hes putting someone in a sharpshooter from old new Japan but the one I knew I was forgetting is one of the funniest ones - The great Antonio vs Antonio Inoki. Inoki just has enough of his shit and goes straight into pimp beatdown mode.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19xyfr

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #407 on: July 06, 2022, 01:03:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Oh my god I forgot how awesome Sasuke vs dirtbag skid is. Sasuke is a fucking legend, show some respect you fucking chav.

There's also Akira Maeda kicking the everloving fuck out of Riki Choshu while hes putting someone in a sharpshooter from old new Japan but the one I knew I was forgetting is one of the funniest ones - The great Antonio vs Antonio Inoki. Inoki just has enough of his shit and goes straight into pimp beatdown mode.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19xyfr

The Acolyte - Public Enemy mugging was great since it involved one of my all-time favorite wrestlers who was legitimately feared backstage…and JBL too.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #408 on: July 06, 2022, 03:07:32 PM »

The Acolyte - Public Enemy mugging was great since it involved one of my all-time favorite wrestlers who was legitimately feared backstage…and JBL too.

Part of my recent obsession with late 80s-early 90's WCW PPVs and supercards has been getting to truly appreciate prime Ron Simmons. First with Doom, where they did an unmasking angle as if everyone couldn't tell who the two ridiculously jacked black dudes doing powerslams were, and then his eventual title run.

I know he eventually found a niche but man the fed fucked his booking up so bad. Remember the ridiculous gladiator gimmick? Vince really had a fetish for muscly dudes dressed up as Romans back in the 90s didn't he?

Also had the only spinebuster that I would put in the same class as Arn.

Fuck JBL.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #409 on: July 06, 2022, 07:34:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Part of my recent obsession with late 80s-early 90's WCW PPVs and supercards has been getting to truly appreciate prime Ron Simmons. First with Doom, where they did an unmasking angle as if everyone couldn't tell who the two ridiculously jacked black dudes doing powerslams were, and then his eventual title run.

I know he eventually found a niche but man the fed fucked his booking up so bad. Remember the ridiculous gladiator gimmick? Vince really had a fetish for muscly dudes dressed up as Romans back in the 90s didn't he?

Also had the only spinebuster that I would put in the same class as Arn.

Fuck JBL.

Ron, Arn, and CW Anderson had a great turnaround spinebuster.

Ahmed Johnson had a pretty good straightforward spinebuster.

Ron Simmons is in my top 5 all-time. I had his Galoob WCW figure as part of the Doom two pack.

APA Ron Simmons was great. I was pretty hyped on Nation Ron too.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #410 on: July 06, 2022, 08:02:01 PM »
Powerhouse Hobbs used to show off a reeeal nice one in the beginning of his run

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #411 on: July 07, 2022, 09:57:56 AM »
Decent episode last night. I wish they would stop putting title matches on first, I almost always miss at least some of it. Weekly ramblings:

- Glad they pulled the trigger on Wardlow. That pop was awesome. I figured he was winning as soon as he hit the Swanton the way he did... definitely added some extra pepper to it this week haha. Let's hope he has a solid reign, though im already wondering who's gonna beat him haha.

- the dark order thing was a little bit cringey in spots but I liked it, the pop Hangman got shows exactly why he should have the belt. If the punk thing doesn't end with MJF beating him for the belt then I'm going to always hate that decision.

-  Rush's mask looks fucking ridiculous, especially with his gear. He looks like a painter who found a creepy sex mask in the attic of a job and is trying it on to make his buddies laugh.. Did they seriously just job Penta out to the new guy? You had all that gaga at ringside and couldn't do a double dq or count out? Unfuckingbelievable how they treat one of the best wrestlers on their roster. 

- Ass Boys vs Acclaimed is super fun because the acclaimed is basically the modern NAO. That spot with the hurt and confused Bowens trying to scissor daddy ass was top shelf sports entertainment.

- Marina Shafir looked pretty bad again. JR saying she's going to be a future star is the clearest sign of his dementia he's shown yet.

- Main event was sick. I fell asleep but went back and watched it when I woke up. That one Brody chop sounded like a fucking firecracker. Obviously the result was never in doubt but still it was pretty good and I usually don't particularly care for Moxley matches. I think the elbows look hokey as shit when he does them though.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #412 on: July 07, 2022, 12:31:11 PM »
I'm very happy to report that I stayed awake for the entire episode of Dynamite.

Like my friend Mr. Rapedick, I missed the first half of the TNT title match because I was finishing the last episode of Stranger Things, which was a fucking BANGER.

If QT and -1 actually wrestle in a few years then Tony Khan is the greatest booker of all time. Also interesting that Evil Uno said "the six of us are going nowhere" and Bray Wyatt recently trademarked the name "Wyatt 6." HMMMMMM.......... I feel like that would be the only spot I would like to see Bray come in for. The pop for Hangman is still so strong. The fact that they are keeping the belt on CM punk and doing all this interum shit has to mean they have something huge planned for when Punk drops the belt, hopefully to MJF. Then Punk can go away.

Wifey loves her some Hangman, but she refuses to scissor me. Even when i say "Scissor me phatty ass!!!!!" She fucking hates it but it pops me so hard.

It is actually starting to piss me off how they treat the Lucha Bros. Penta's gimmick don't work if he keeps losing. Kinda funy that Fenix and Malakai just watched the two managers go at it and didn't get involved.

Holy shit Fuego del Sol is small as fuck and I never realized it. He should have had a blood fued with Marko Stunt or Serena Deeb.

Shafir is trash.

Brody is so fucking big and gnarly but I hate that he has a nice haircut. He just looks like a nice guy hipster barber that drinks exactly 2 IPA's after work. Need a little more Bruiser Brody and a lot less Brody Jenner.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #413 on: July 07, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »
This isn’t WWE they aren’t going to have the new guy lose or do DQs or Double Count outs except in rare instances.   Penta and Rey keep losing dirty to Los Ingobernales bc Rush and Andrade keep pulling shit like taking their masks off.    It’s building to that being a stipulation in some match between the 4 of them that will definitely be a MOTY candidate. 

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #414 on: July 07, 2022, 06:28:51 PM »

Wifey loves her some Hangman, but she refuses to scissor me. Even when i say "Scissor me phatty ass!!!!!" She fucking hates it but it pops me so hard.

Dude. You might be the world champ of ass related wrestling puns. I have so much respect for that.

Hangman has Brett's attitude, Shawn's charisma, and Sunny's looks (too soon to joke about them both having a drinking problem?). Add an awesome theme and a gimmick that resonates with the audience and you have the perfect babyface, so wifey definitely knows how to pick em.

Kinda scared Wardlow is gonna fizzle out, but he's proven me wrong every time I've doubted him. Hopefully he can elevate the belt back where it belongs.

QT is one of my favorite parts of dark a lot of weeks. It's classic, timeless heel shtick and it gets me every time. I don't know if QT will still be actively competing by the time -1 is 19, but I would not be at all surprised if he ends up training him (assuming he wants to wrestle). Maybe he'll just do the Tim Storm thing where his head looks 60 but his body looks 40.

Man the Bray coming in and taking over the dark order thing is like a fantasy of mine at this point haha. I can't even imagine the pop he would get if there was a genuine surprise appearance. I would absolutely lose my shit. I feel like realistically he ends up back in WWE on a deal for less money and way less dates or tries to start his own thing... Which is going really well for authors of pain and the CYN crew hahaha..

I genuinely think Fuego and Serpentico could trade masks and gear and no one would notice.

The lucha Bros thing is really pissing me off. Especially with how good they are and how important they were to getting the company off the ground. At least give them some squash matches on tv... Fenix has a losing record overall and they're 1-3 as a tag team. If they job them out to the ass boys I might lose my mind.

I'm stealing that Brody Jenner line btw.

So I was sitting here with an old WCW tv from 1987 on and I look up and see a tag match this dude who looks exactly like a modern indy guy going for a "cool 80s wrestler" look and thought I vaguely recognized him. Then they said the name Chris Champion so I looked him up... It's fucking Yoshi Kwan! Here's the fucked up thing about him looking like a modern indy guy....apparently his gimmick was that he was a time traveler hahaha.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #415 on: July 08, 2022, 08:52:48 AM »
Do any of you guys collect wrestling shit? I'd love to see some sick displays. I'll take some photos of my shit to post as well. My prized wrestling possession is probably a carded OG New Jack ECW figure that he signed for me maybe a month before he died. He was the scariest gentlemen I ever met.

RAW is in Tampa next week and I'm debating heavily if I even want to go. Could probably get in free. Last year at Wrestlemania I hung out afterwards with my rolling rack and about 50 wrestling tees. Ended up making enough money for a nice little post Wrestlemania strip club visit. I'll probably just do that and save myself the agony of actually having to watch an entire RAW.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #416 on: July 08, 2022, 02:08:05 PM »
Do any of you guys collect wrestling shit? I'd love to see some sick displays. I'll take some photos of my shit to post as well. My prized wrestling possession is probably a carded OG New Jack ECW figure that he signed for me maybe a month before he died. He was the scariest gentlemen I ever met.

RAW is in Tampa next week and I'm debating heavily if I even want to go. Could probably get in free. Last year at Wrestlemania I hung out afterwards with my rolling rack and about 50 wrestling tees. Ended up making enough money for a nice little post Wrestlemania strip club visit. I'll probably just do that and save myself the agony of actually having to watch an entire RAW.

Not properly. I should. I remember you showing me your collage album and it was so awesome. I'm thinking of buying a box of Apter mags off ebay just to thumb through. I do have a few things but they're mostly buried in storage. Oh, I have some NWO wolfpack and Goldberg boxers...I'll take pics next time I find them haha.

I would love to see that New Jack figure! You know how I feel about ECW. That shit is like foundational to the person I became. My first email address and AIM screen name was related to the Gangstas and my first password was something to do with Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten haha.

Live wrestling is always fun, and at least you don't have to deal with the camera cuts in person. If its free and you can hustle the lot then I'd say go for it, but I don't know if I could get excited about Raw right now either. I'd say look at the card but who the fuck knows what kind of show you'll get with WWE these days.

Edit - HOLY SHIT. Ok maybe you should go, this is now going to be an infamous raw one way or the other. Jesus christ Vince, $12 million? And 7.5 of that was to a former wrestler he "coerced into oral sex" and then demoted and didn't renew her contract when she wouldn't play with his saggy old balls again. Anyone got a name yet? Atiba?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 03:12:53 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #417 on: July 08, 2022, 08:08:41 PM »
I popped huge for the straight punch to the dick by Danhausen instead of the usual uppercut thru the legs or "inner thigh shot" as Jericho called it in his book.

Tony Neese really impressed me with his selling of the 3x dots I knew he could work but he made it look phenomenal, I wish it finished the match
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #418 on: July 08, 2022, 09:47:05 PM »
I popped huge for the straight punch to the dick by Danhausen instead of the usual uppercut thru the legs or "inner thigh shot" as Jericho called it in his book.

Tony Neese really impressed me with his selling of the 3x dots I knew he could work but he made it look phenomenal, I wish it finished the match

Haha I loved that “7-10 split” punch too!

That orange punch/sell was maybe the best execution of that move I’ve ever seen.   Those two guys put on a hell of a match.   I love that Nese was picked up bc they knew he has talent enough to be on tv even if he isn’t a main eventer

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #419 on: July 09, 2022, 02:04:36 AM »
So the next step on the Jericho does Funk deathmatch tour is going to be a good old fashioned barbed wire match? I can definitely get behind that.

Serena Deebs music does not fit her at all hahahaha.

Haha JR's personal crusade against not making a proper cover and Tony trolling him is hilarious. Quite the little thinly veiled shot at Cornette during the OC match too.

I see Nese as like a Chris Sabin type. He's so good in ring he'll easily get over in smaller promotions but his character is just so generic it's an uphill fight in an arena setting. Hopefully they give him something better, he's definitely got the physical ability. He gets some really nice height on those springboard moonsault.

Might be controversial but I didn't like Eddie and Takeshita. It felt really uneven. Like they would just do a few moves then double down and sell, then get up and no sell a huge strike just to transition into the next spot and then lay down and sell for 30 seconds again. Just never really got into this one.

This Vince stuff is absolutely wild. I think he might be done, although he's going to have to do it voluntarily to try and save face. He owns like 85% of the voting power so it would be very difficult to force him out. I really hope shit keeps coming out and this completely changes the WWE culture. Brett Hart must be sitting at home with the biggest smile on his face right now.

Like I know Vince had a rough childhood, but man this dude turned out to be a real cynical piece of shit human being. Kinda hilarious he paid 3x as much for a BJ as he did for WCW though.