Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 40937 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #480 on: July 20, 2022, 08:45:21 PM »
The  key not working made me laugh out loud on in wrasslin

It never fails hahahaha. You'd think they'd have some like comically large brass lock and skeleton key that a 2 year old could use but nope.

I'm baffled by the people whining that Jericho won. Yeah, they're gonna give that Kingston win away on regular TV... that's brilliant booking. This is clearly building to a showdown at the PPV. It's so weird to me how people always claim to want long term booking and then complain when they get it.

That being said, fuck Sammy. Stop trying to force him into the main event, he needs to fuck off for a while and come back with something new because this ain't working.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #481 on: July 21, 2022, 12:28:41 AM »
It is funny that Sammy fucked his image over with the whole Tay Conti personal life stuff.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #482 on: July 21, 2022, 03:23:13 AM »
@SHAQUEEFA I had to go digging in the closet for something and look what I found..

The Mario is my OG one, the DiBiase is one I got about a decade ago cleaning out someones attic but I had one when I was a kid too. I had warrior too but at some point I ended up ripping a hole in the DiBiase one so when I hit my teens and started doing bad kid shit it became the perfect place to hide my weed and pipe. Of all my hiding spots I think it might be the only one my dad never found. I kept that shit on my bed until I was 20 and no one knew the real reason haha. It was pretty fucking grody by the time I threw it away.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #483 on: July 21, 2022, 08:20:03 AM »
It is funny that Sammy fucked his image over with the whole Tay Conti personal life stuff.

What is it exactly that happened here again? I think I have the gist of it but I’m not sure. Sammy cheated on his real life girlfriend with Tay Conti and then was an asshole to her on Twitter or something?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #484 on: July 21, 2022, 11:25:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What is it exactly that happened here again? I think I have the gist of it but I’m not sure. Sammy cheated on his real life girlfriend with Tay Conti and then was an asshole to her on Twitter or something?

So basically last year when Sammy was being all smiley young babyface he proposed to his longtime gf in the ring on-air for a cheap pop. Like 3 months later he suddenly announces that they've broken up and then a month after that he's openly dating Tay. He claims he didn't cheat but no one is dumb enough to believe that and they both look like complete scumbags. Think Edge and Matt Hardy but Sammy is Lita and Tay is Edge. It doesn't help that the original chick is.. I don't know a polite way to say this... Not nearly as hot as Tay.

So basically Sammy dumped his high school gf that stuck by him and supported him all through the years he was on the indys for a hot dumb Brazilian chick as soon as he started to find a little success. It's not a very babyface move but just one of the things that makes it so easy to hate him. He comes off as a slimeball social climber in addition to being a non selling spot monkey with no respect for the business.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #485 on: July 21, 2022, 11:30:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it’s just that Sammy had a very normal looking girlfriend that he featured on his vlog and had been together with for a long time and then does a big proposal thing on tv for her and then after that she disappears from the vlog and “pretty” tay starts featuring more and more and then it becomes apparent that he’s left his gf and now Sammy and tay are that gross couple that are joined at the hip PDAing everywhere (which is now their gimmick) and he’s engaged to Tay now.   

Edit: you explained it better than me.   It’s very 1st wife, 2nd wife of any musician’s biopic

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #486 on: July 21, 2022, 11:50:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think it’s just that Sammy had a very normal looking girlfriend that he featured on his vlog and had been together with for a long time and then does a big proposal thing on tv for her and then after that she disappears from the vlog and “pretty” tay starts featuring more and more and then it becomes apparent that he’s left his gf and now Sammy and tay are that gross couple that are joined at the hip PDAing everywhere (which is now their gimmick) and he’s engaged to Tay now.   

Edit: you explained it better than me.   It’s very 1st wife, 2nd wife of any musician’s biopic

Tay was married too.

Also, Sammy has punchable face so that adds to it.

I think I may shell out for the ROH ppv at home. It’s too hot to go anywhere here.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #487 on: July 22, 2022, 01:42:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Tay was married too.

Also, Sammy has punchable face so that adds to it.

I think I may shell out for the ROH ppv at home. It’s too hot to go anywhere here.

I actually was thinking about it myself but I don't know if I'm going to drop the $40 on it. I might just download it later or try to find a stream. I know Gresham vs Claudio is big but my heart says Lethal and Joe should be the main even if it's for the TV belt.

I don't really like the Briscoes (they remind me of a lot of the white trash I grew up with) but I'm not a big FTR mark either so I don't really care about that match.

Garcia vs Wheela Yuter will be dramatic and probably pretty good but I'm not super hyped for it. Hope they put the belt on Garcia though.

Really all I want to see is Dalton Castle & the Boys. Dalton has kind of a modern day Goldust thing going on and I love it. He's got this weird, flamboyant, effeminate gimmick but then the bell rings and everything he does looks great and believable. Castle & the boys have been great for a long time and are the number 1 ROH act I'd like to see make the jump to AEW.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #488 on: July 22, 2022, 01:29:45 PM »
Holy shit Vince just announced his retirement. Something big must be coming

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #489 on: July 22, 2022, 01:33:44 PM »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #490 on: July 22, 2022, 02:11:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://mobile.twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/1550572700959121408?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I hope to God HHH takes over booking.

Full statement

https://mobile.twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1550575567900123139?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Yeah so apparently Steph and Nick Khan are taking over. Which means Vince is still calling the shots. Maybe they bring HHH back to creative, but I'm not holding my breath on anything changing until Vince is either dead or Snukafied and living in a home. My conspiracy theory is there's either more WSJ shit coming or Steph just convinced him to do this and he's planning to come back in a few months "when it all blows over pal".

I have a funny feeling this is going to be like when Russo was very obviously writing for TNA and Dixie denied it for months until she fucked up and forwarded the wrong email or something.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #491 on: July 22, 2022, 02:47:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

https://mobile.twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/1550572700959121408?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I hope to God HHH takes over booking.
[close]

Full statement

https://mobile.twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1550575567900123139?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Yeah so apparently Steph and Nick Khan are taking over. Which means Vince is still calling the shots. Maybe they bring HHH back to creative, but I'm not holding my breath on anything changing until Vince is either dead or Snukafied and living in a home. My conspiracy theory is there's either more WSJ shit coming or Steph just convinced him to do this and he's planning to come back in a few months "when it all blows over pal".

I have a funny feeling this is going to be like when Russo was very obviously writing for TNA and Dixie denied it for months until she fucked up and forwarded the wrong email or something.

Yeah, I can see him running the booking like Keyser Soze.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #492 on: July 22, 2022, 04:43:55 PM »
PWInsidering claiming he is stepping away from creative and Prichard and Dunn running the show tonight
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #493 on: July 22, 2022, 04:54:40 PM »
Looks like Brock left too. Raw on Monday is going to be an interesting one.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #494 on: July 22, 2022, 07:11:23 PM »
Looks like Brock left too. Raw on Monday is going to be an interesting one.

Yeah they're off to a hot start hahaha. 

I've heard that Brock fucking hates everyone backstage and basically dealt with Vince one on one, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Prichard and Dunn is basically just as bad as Vince, they're the biggest stooges he's got left since he burned Johnny Ace to try and save himself. At least if HHH was running creative there's some hope, if it's Brother Love and Bucky Beaver then it's pretty much a given Vince is still in charge behind the scenes.

Guess they gotta change Theory's gimmick now. Do they give him a "mysterious benefactor" that never reveals himself and make him the Conspiracy Theory? Hah!

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #495 on: July 23, 2022, 01:46:08 PM »
I didn't watch Smackdown last night, but apparently Brock came back at the end of the show?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #496 on: July 23, 2022, 05:02:52 PM »
Something big must be happening later if they just made the ROH championship the opening match.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #497 on: July 23, 2022, 06:42:58 PM »
I didn't watch Smackdown last night, but apparently Brock came back at the end of the show?

Yeah. Rumor on the smark boards is that Vince called or texted him and got him to go back and finish the storyline (I'm sure money was involved). Don't know how much truth there is in that, but some of the sheets are also reporting they're thinking about bringing in Goldberg to replace him at Summerslam. I guess we'll find out but from what I gather it sounds the plan now is finish the storyline at the PPV and then he's done.

Something big must be happening later if they just made the ROH championship the opening match.

I don't get why Tony does that. He books his second biggest match as his opener all the time. This makes sense to me if Joe and Lethal go on last given their history and importance to the promotion but I'm going to be annoyed if they do like an hour tag in front of a dead crowd for the main, regardless of how hot FTR are right now.

Edit: as soon as I posted that Lethals music hit. Fuck me.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #498 on: July 23, 2022, 06:53:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah. Rumor on the smark boards is that Vince called or texted him and got him to go back and finish the storyline (I'm sure money was involved). Don't know how much truth there is in that, but some of the sheets are also reporting they're thinking about bringing in Goldberg to replace him at Summerslam. I guess we'll find out but from what I gather it sounds the plan now is finish the storyline at the PPV and then he's done.

Expand Quote
[close]

I don't get why Tony does that. He books his second biggest match as his opener all the time. This makes sense to me if Joe and Lethal go on last given their history and importance to the promotion but I'm going to be annoyed if they do like an hour tag in front of a dead crowd for the main, regardless of how hot FTR are right now.

Edit: as soon as I posted that Lethals music hit. Fuck me.

Thoughts so far:

Claudio-Gresham was a good technical match with good storytelling. The foot difference in height definitely helped with some spots.

Dalton Castle and The Boys have the zestiest entrance ever. Match was pretty sloppy.

Jimmy Wang Ya—I mean Wheeler Yuta put on a great match with Garcia. I gotta support my fellow Philadelphian in Wheeler. Garcia is a great performer and pulls his character off to perfection. He also looks like a dude who slides into DM’s and pulls the wrestler card.

Mercedes Martinez is better in the ring than Punishment Martinez. Serena is goat status.

I would want to take a Muscle Buster about as much as I’d want to get color in a match.

Briscoes-FTR should be a fight forever match.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #499 on: July 23, 2022, 07:41:05 PM »
Hahahaha Jimmy Wang Yuta...im stealing that. Hell of a match by the kids. Garcia is really fucking good, he definitely gets the business and his psychology and pacing are far beyond his years. Btw  Jimmy Wang Yang is actually an awesome dude by all regards. Dude was really good in the ring and he's mentoring his daughter Jazzy who's apparently a bit of a prodigy as well.

Castle and the boys was a lil clusterfucky but its all about the entrance and theatrics. Loooove that dude.

Gresham and Claudio was really good. I still don't really agree with it but if you're gonna do it then that's the right way.

I don't really like Mercedes and Deeb being married to Marty Scurll while cutting promos about perverts in wrestling is still super weird to me but it was a good match.

The pop Joe got when he won is what should have closed the show. Lethal is legit like post hiatus Shawn Michaels level in terms of consistently making his opponent look good. I really liked the story with them jumping him before the bell and I'll be damned if Satnam Singh doesn't seem to be turning into a real pro wrestler before our eyes. He already seems to get it better than Kali ever did.

I always struggle to get past what carny trash the Briscoes are. They look like the result of the bushwackers doubling up on some meth head after a show in one of the territories. That bell shot was legit though.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #500 on: July 23, 2022, 07:53:02 PM »
Hahahaha Jimmy Wang Yuta...im stealing that. Hell of a match by the kids. Garcia is really fucking good, he definitely gets the business and his psychology and pacing are far beyond his years. Btw  Jimmy Wang Yang is actually an awesome dude by all regards. Dude was really good in the ring and he's mentoring his daughter Jazzy who's apparently a bit of a prodigy as well.

Castle and the boys was a lil clusterfucky but its all about the entrance and theatrics. Loooove that dude.

Gresham and Claudio was really good. I still don't really agree with it but if you're gonna do it then that's the right way.

I don't really like Mercedes and Deeb being married to Marty Scurll while cutting promos about perverts in wrestling is still super weird to me but it was a good match.

The pop Joe got when he won is what should have closed the show. Lethal is legit like post hiatus Shawn Michaels level in terms of consistently making his opponent look good. I really liked the story with them jumping him before the bell and I'll be damned if Satnam Singh doesn't seem to be turning into a real pro wrestler before our eyes. He already seems to get it better than Kali ever did.

I always struggle to get past what carny trash the Briscoes are. They look like the result of the bushwackers doubling up on some meth head after a show in one of the territories. That bell shot was legit though.

Cash Wheeler said it best…Enzo on meth.

Is Marty Scurll finished? He was on the rise for quite a bit. I know Deeb dated Marty for a bit. Not sure if they’re still together. She doesn’t seem to have facial features.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #501 on: July 23, 2022, 08:12:29 PM »
Satnam is def better than Khali already.   I don’t want to be offensive in case it’s related to a health thing,  but Khali never seemed present mentally.   Always felt like his mind was miles awAy

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #502 on: July 24, 2022, 03:44:19 AM »
Danielson vs Garcia on Dynamite.   That will be rad

The Lit nerd in me just realizes how much I want Virgil to manage Dante just for the 5 people that would appreciate the Inferno reference

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #503 on: July 24, 2022, 06:10:28 AM »

The Lit nerd in me just realizes how much I want Virgil to manage Dante just for the 5 people that would appreciate the Inferno reference

I always appreciated The Authors of Pain’s names being a nod to Occam’s Razor.

Also The Eliminators names being a bit to Roman and Greek Mythology.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #504 on: July 24, 2022, 06:35:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cash Wheeler said it best…Enzo on meth.

Is Marty Scurll finished? He was on the rise for quite a bit. I know Deeb dated Marty for a bit. Not sure if they’re still together. She doesn’t seem to have facial features.

They've been smart enough to keep their mouths shut and heads low, especially after all the speaking out shit happened, but yeah Marty and Serena are more than likely married. They have a mortgage together and the public filings refer to them as married in it, but I don't think anyone's actually found the license yet.

I kinda wanted the Briscoes to win but it was pretty clear from how they booked the match FTR was winning. It was very good, but I got real sick of Caprice screaming that it was the greatest match in history, especially because he started saying it before the match was half finished. There was a little too much forced drama for me, like them pretending to be exhausted or that ridiculous looking pin at the end. The best part for me by far was the bell shot and table bump.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #505 on: July 24, 2022, 05:24:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I always appreciated The Authors of Pain’s names being a nod to Occam’s Razor.

Also The Eliminators names being a bit to Roman and Greek Mythology.

Well since you guys are bringing up classical intellectual pursuits in wrestling I figured I'd share that I've changed my fantasy football team name to one inspired by one of the most genius, sublime wordsmiths and orators of our time and any... Taz.

We are shifting from "scissor me daddy ass" to "Sliced up yambag city" in an attempt to pay tribute to this great man.

I dunno how many of you are BTE watchers but they occasionally have some really cool shit on there. This is one of those weeks. Starting at 17 minutes they have almost 8 minutes of "cutler cam" ringside footage of the tag title 3 way between the bucks, Starks and Hobbs, and Keith Lee/Swerve. Super cool to see and hear a match like that up close.

https://youtu.be/rKRLwFeVfQw

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #506 on: July 24, 2022, 11:56:27 PM »
I’m getting so stoked on the likely trios tournament (happening when omega and bucks are healthy).  These four alone in any combo will be MOTY candidate to me

Bucks + Omega
Malakai/Brody/Buddy
Penta/Fenix/PAC
Andrade/Rush/Dragon Lee

Maybe an FTR/CM Punk thrown in the mix

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #507 on: July 25, 2022, 04:56:18 PM »
RAW tonight should be a good one.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #508 on: July 25, 2022, 08:13:50 PM »

I’ve hated WWE and everything about it (NXT was Macmahon free for a time and was free on Hulu) that it will be hard to ever actually foresee going back to it as a viewer.   

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #509 on: July 25, 2022, 08:44:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve hated WWE and everything about it (NXT was Macmahon free for a time and was free on Hulu) that it will be hard to ever actually foresee going back to it as a viewer.

Aside from the moral objections, I just straight up can't watch it because it's a bad wrestling show. I still watch the old stuff, but likewise unless something fundamentally changes I don't see myself watching a full show any time soon. I still have peacock but I'm trying to find an alternative. Maybe I'll steal a marks login so they aren't getting my money anymore or something.

Just watched the new elevation. It was taped at fyter fest so it's got a good crowd and the performers respond well. Theres a solid tag match between Uno/10 and Solo/Comorato. Qt Marshall gets a huge pop and proves that classic heel shtick still works if you do it well. Comorato needs to get brought up to the big show soon. Dude looks straight out of the 80s and he can work.

Oh and I forget who asked about the Renegade twins but they seem to be getting a mini push as jobber heels. I think they even got promo time on one of the YouTube shows. On this episode Robin has a match with Hikaru Shida that's really good. I kinda dig them, Robin has good chops and they seem to be able to work at a pretty high level so they could easily be part of a women's tag scene. Also I'm not sure where they're from but they have pretty severe Longback syndrome.