Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 41785 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #600 on: August 17, 2022, 06:28:06 PM »
I guess we're going to get a quick Toni piss break match and then 20-25 for the big reveal? I've enjoyed the pacing of this episode so far. I think not kicking it straight off with a dream match and then trying to cram everything in really helps.

Damn those belts look amazing.

KENNY FUCKIN OMEGA.

And he has creepy Callis with him. Let's fuckin go.

Wait is he going to wear a shirt? I guess it's not as bad as Flair's tunic but let's see how he looks.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:40:03 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #601 on: August 17, 2022, 07:02:37 PM »
I guess we're going to get a quick Toni piss break match and then 20-25 for the big reveal? I've enjoyed the pacing of this episode so far. I think not kicking it straight off with a dream match and then trying to cram everything in really helps.

Damn those belts look amazing.

KENNY FUCKIN OMEGA.

And he has creepy Callis with him. Let's fuckin go.

Wait is he going to wear a shirt? I guess it's not as bad as Flair's tunic but let's see how he looks.

I’m glad AEW knows (as they showed with Punks debut) don’t fuck with fan’s expectations about someone they love arriving…

Not to mention, giving us the unification match next week!   Never thought they’d have the balls to make that a free match.   

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #602 on: August 17, 2022, 08:14:59 PM »
So glad to see Omega return.
That punk - mox segment was great too.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #603 on: August 17, 2022, 08:49:15 PM »
I hope Daniel Garcia joins Blackpool Combat Club. He’s the future.

I loved how the cameras cut off right as Dragon Lee took a hammerlock DDT and got unmasked. I got a good chuckle out of that one.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #604 on: August 17, 2022, 09:07:04 PM »
So glad to see Omega return.
That punk - mox segment was great too.

Punk was better on the mic, but Mox crushed with that running out of money comment

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #605 on: August 17, 2022, 09:15:49 PM »

I think that was the original plan but Jericho really saw something in him and wanted him in JAS. I think with Vince leaving WWE they are gonna end JAS ASAP cause it doesnt make sense anymore.(Jerichos IG post after his mox match basically said I'm a pro wrestler fuck all that sports entertainment  bull shit) I think Garcia will get his rightful place in BCC eventually as well.

Also Kenny the GOAT is back couldn't be happier, although I hope he isn't coming back too soon with the shirt and shoulder brace thingy
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #606 on: August 17, 2022, 09:37:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think that was the original plan but Jericho really saw something in him and wanted him in JAS. I think with Vince leaving WWE they are gonna end JAS ASAP cause it doesnt make sense anymore.(Jerichos IG post after his mox match basically said I'm a pro wrestler fuck all that sports entertainment  bull shit) I think Garcia will get his rightful place in BCC eventually as well.

Also Kenny the GOAT is back couldn't be happier, although I hope he isn't coming back too soon with the shirt and shoulder brace thingy

Naw, they’re doing Kenny perfectly.   They’re selling his ring rust on commentary, not doing that “coming back stronger than ever”.   

It’s a little like CM punk at comic con talking about how fucked up his foot was then appearing on dynamite later that week and hopping on his bad foot.   Beautiful beautiful carny shit

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #607 on: August 18, 2022, 04:25:38 AM »
Rumors are circulating that there will be an AEW presence at Wrestle Kingdom

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 27
« Reply #608 on: August 18, 2022, 05:03:33 AM »
So funny I had NFL Network on yesterday and its a Jaguars preseason game and Tony Khan is in the booth chopping it up with the commentators.

Last nights Dynamite was great.

CM Punk certainly won the mic battle IMO. I had a perfect comeback for Mox after Punk was saying shit about him being the 2nd best John and Eddie is the 3rd best Eddie and 2nd best kingston and him being the 3rd best in his own group.

Mox shoulda said something like "Well you will be the 8,352nd Punk I've destroyed so what the fuck you gonna do?"

I'm blown that they are doing the match next week for free its gonna be a bloodbath.

As soon as the Ass Boys turned on Daddy Ass I knew the Acclaimed would come in for the save and I legit popped for it. Wifey pointed out that Max has some fucking tree trunk calves and she's right.

Toni better get the belt. I love the Sweet Cheeks Music. Remember when she had some nudes get leaked? Her Only Fans shit is awesome.

Andrade and Rush look so fucking money on their entrances man.

This is actually a great way to bring Kenny back slowly. He doesn't have to do everything and The Young Bucks can kinda carry the weight while Kenny gets back in ring shape. He barely looked like he was gonna get Dragon Lee up for the One Wing Angel. Maybe Kenny is actually such a god at wrestling that he is selling ring rust and selling that he is still recovering with the brace and compression shirt?

I love when a wrestling show cuts out at the end while something is still happening and you get that little pop of excitement for next week.

Great job Tony, you nailed it this week.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #609 on: August 18, 2022, 07:48:46 AM »
So funny I had NFL Network on yesterday and its a Jaguars preseason game and Tony Khan is in the booth chopping it up with the commentators.

CM Punk certainly won the mic battle IMO. I had a perfect comeback for Mox after Punk was saying shit about him being the 2nd best John and Eddie is the 3rd best Eddie and 2nd best kingston and him being the 3rd best in his own group.

Mox shoulda said something like "Well you will be the 8,352nd Punk I've destroyed so what the fuck you gonna do?"

I'm blown that they are doing the match next week for free its gonna be a bloodbath.

As soon as the Ass Boys turned on Daddy Ass I knew the Acclaimed would come in for the save and I legit popped for it. Wifey pointed out that Max has some fucking tree trunk calves and she's right.

Toni better get the belt. I love the Sweet Cheeks Music. Remember when she had some nudes get leaked? Her Only Fans shit is awesome.

This is actually a great way to bring Kenny back slowly. He doesn't have to do everything and The Young Bucks can kinda carry the weight while Kenny gets back in ring shape. He barely looked like he was gonna get Dragon Lee up for the One Wing Angel. Maybe Kenny is actually such a god at wrestling that he is selling ring rust and selling that he is still recovering with the brace and compression shirt?

I love when a wrestling show cuts out at the end while something is still happening and you get that little pop of excitement for next week.

According to the observer - they were just really rushed for time at the end

ALSO
That hangman punk stuff was completely unexpected.  Punk apparently was going into business for himself there

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #610 on: August 18, 2022, 09:24:09 AM »

I typed up a few things last night after the show but didn't save them but as usual we see things similarly.

BD vs Garcia was predictable as a match but I definitely didn't see the swerve coming. Gonna be interesting to see where they go with it. They really, really didn't need to bleed in that match though. It's getting to be ECW levels of ridiculous and meaningless and that match would have been way better as a straight technical/submission showcase. When's the last time we got a full Dynamite with no color?

Toni actually just posted a couple bare ass shots on her OF yesterday. She almost refuses to show her boobs (I'm assuming she just doesn't want to deal with all the incels giving her shit for not having implants) so the entire thing is like a temple to her booty. That thing is a work of art, so no wonder she's proud of it. I really hope she wins the belt too, she's easily their best female worker in my opinion. Her selling and timing are a cut above and everything on offense is crisp and looks good. I also love her bridge on her suplexes, it's the best I've seen since Medusa. She's a babyface the fans will actually cheer too.

Punk definitely won the mic battle but when Mox stormed out later in the show I thought he sounded awesome, real sweaty shouty 80s vibes and I loved it. Im surprised they're giving it away on free TV too. I really, really, really hope that's because they're going to do the MJF interference and then beating Mox for the belt so Punk can chase it thing. Or even have Punk win, then MJF comes out and bloodies him to set up a title match at the PPV. There has to be something afoot because I think everyone would have been fine paying money to see the Mox vs Punk match, especially in Chicago.

I popped for the Daddy Ass turn too, but we better not have him betray them and go back to the ass boys in like 3 weeks. And yeah I've been saying that about Caster for a while... Dude is fucking THICK and his legs are maybe even bigger than his upper body. Again I know this is sacrilege but he reminds me a little of young Rocky... Great physique and look, has that funny cocky charisma, and he's getting better in the ring. He definitely has plenty of room to improve his wrestling but so did Rocky so if he works at it the same way I think there's something there. If anyone can get an elbow drop finisher over in 2022 it's this dude.

I really hope that was Kenny selling the difficulty in getting dragon Lee up for the OWA. He wasn't in best bout machine form for sure but he can at least hit his striking moves if nothing else. He looked fine doing the snap dragons so hopefully he was just playing it up. Definitely the right way to bring him back, go slow and save the epics for the big show. He has nothing to prove to anyone at this point, so let's play it safe this time around.

Andrade and Rush definitely look like goofy campy wrestling badasses, I fucking love it and kinda wish they'd wrestle in the masks as like a powerup gimmick although I'm sure Rush's would be hard to work in. Black Taurus pulls it off though so it's possible. That dragon Lee flying suicide dive  spear off the guard rail spot was insanity too, highlight of the match for me. Nick Jackson is one of the smoothest workers I've seen since HBK too.

Definitely a good show this week. Much better pacing and gave things a little time to breathe rather than just one match after another with rushed promos in between. Was cool to see a little flash of Ricky Steamboat fire too even if he struggled through the promo. My only complaint was the crowd... A bunch of West Virginia redneck marks trying to get themselves over doing the "what" thing during Hungle Boy's promo don't deserve a show that good.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #611 on: August 18, 2022, 11:32:28 AM »
At least BD and DG didn’t gig themselves.   I was annoyed when they started bleeding too, but it seemed like they just happened over the course of the match (and thankfully never gushed) so I was ok with it. 

Funny that Punk called that out about Moxley too

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #612 on: August 18, 2022, 04:05:34 PM »
At least BD and DG didn’t gig themselves.   I was annoyed when they started bleeding too, but it seemed like they just happened over the course of the match (and thankfully never gushed) so I was ok with it. 

Funny that Punk called that out about Moxley too

Danielson was a blade job I'm 99% sure. I watched the Fite stream (no commercials) and they did the roll back the mat DDT, then the camera goes off Danielson for a good 20-30 seconds while Garcia goes in the ring and starts playing to the crowd, then you can see Danielson slip the blade under the ring just before he gets back in.

I think he just didn't go full Flair style carny and do 3 deep cuts and they're definitely getting better about hiding it. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I weren't specifically looking for it after the bare floor spot. Garcia might have been hard way though, I'd have to go back and watch it again to be sure.

Funny we're talking about this, I just watched a battle of fucked up foreheads - Abdullah vs The Sheik (the Detroit one, Sabu's uncle) from 1980 in Japan and holy shit was it bad. Its 5 minutes of the Sheik grinding a spike into Abdullah's bloody head while he kneels and "sells" and then Abby does the lamest hulk up I've ever seen and just legit stabs the fuck out of Shieks arm/shoulder with a fork a bunch of times. There's blood just streaming from all the little holes. I like hardcore but this was just pure carny violence with no story or even wrestling moves. Its just a fat guy in dumb shoes stabbing an old man. Awful, awful stuff.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #613 on: August 18, 2022, 05:07:51 PM »
Ok that makes sense - i think DG def got it the hard way from the ring post when they were pulling each other into it

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #614 on: August 19, 2022, 08:22:23 AM »
I had an entertaining thought this morning while taking  a walk…

Imagine how epic the trios tournament would be with past and present trios thrown into the fray with the current AEW tourney trios, a la The King of Fighters meets G1:

Demolition

Original NWO

The Triple Threat

The Dudley’s (Buh Buh Ray, DVon, and Big Dick)

3 Man Band

The Bloodline

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes, Gordy, Buddy Jack Roberts)

The Von Erich’s

Team Angle

The Shield

The Wyatt Family

Degeneration X (Michaels, HHH, and Chyna)

Every faction in that racist WWE gang wars feud (NOD, Los Boricuas, DOA)

Original NOD (Faarooq, Crush, Savio Vega)

New NOD (Rocky, Kama, DLo)

Camp Cornette

Lawler, Sabu, and RVD

Bullet Club (AJ or Devitt & The Good Brothers)

Los Ingobernables de Japon (Naito, Bushi, and Takahashi)

Kaientai

J.O.B. Squad

The Oddities

BWO

Raven’s Flock

Too Cool and Rikishi

The Four Horsemen (Flair, Anderson, Pillman/Ole/Tully/Windham/Benoit/Paul Roma lol

The Mexicools

The Spirit Squad

Mean Street Posse

Ministry of Darkness (Mideon and The Acolytes)

The Brood

The New Day

Disciples of the New Church

Sanity (Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe, Sawyer Fulton/Killian Dain)

Imperium

Evolution

Lucha House Party

Legacy

Million Dollar Corporation (Volkoff/IRS/Tatanka/Bam Bam/King Kong Bundy)

Hart Foundation (Brett, Owen, Neidhart)

The Cabinet (JBL/Orlando Jordan and The Bashams)

The New Breed (Marcus Cor Von, Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn)

The Truth Commission

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #615 on: August 19, 2022, 09:10:16 AM »
I don't have the energy for another work-shoot-shoot-work-shoot-work or whatever this thing with Punk is turning out to be. Hopefully it's just another attempt at kayfabe in the modern era by AEW that's been blown out of proportion by the dirt sheets, but if Punk really is unhappy enough to be considering no-showing Dynamites already then he should probably just go home because there's no accounting for his misery
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #616 on: August 19, 2022, 01:55:09 PM »
I don't have the energy for another work-shoot-shoot-work-shoot-work or whatever this thing with Punk is turning out to be. Hopefully it's just another attempt at kayfabe in the modern era by AEW that's been blown out of proportion by the dirt sheets, but if Punk really is unhappy enough to be considering no-showing Dynamites already then he should probably just go home because there's no accounting for his misery

It has to be a work. How can anyone not like Adam Page? The dude is like the ultimate real life baby face in addition to being an incredible one on-screen.

I kinda suspect SRS and some of the other wrestling "journalists" are in on it and just pushing these stories as some sort of weird attempt at resurrecting kayfabe. Maybe TK is paying them, maybe they just feel like it's the right thing to do. Or maybe they're all just full of shit. It does feel like they rarely hit the mark with AEW "scoops" though.

How funny would it be if they did like a parallel to the MJF leaving thing and have everyone actually turn on them and then bring them back as a heel duo ala Edge and Christian. There would be marks actually frothing at the mouth haha.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #617 on: August 19, 2022, 04:38:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It has to be a work. How can anyone not like Adam Page? The dude is like the ultimate real life baby face in addition to being an incredible one on-screen.

I kinda suspect SRS and some of the other wrestling "journalists" are in on it and just pushing these stories as some sort of weird attempt at resurrecting kayfabe. Maybe TK is paying them, maybe they just feel like it's the right thing to do. Or maybe they're all just full of shit. It does feel like they rarely hit the mark with AEW "scoops" though.

How funny would it be if they did like a parallel to the MJF leaving thing and have everyone actually turn on them and then bring them back as a heel duo ala Edge and Christian. There would be marks actually frothing at the mouth haha.

Apparently a lot of the Punk heat stems from how the well-liked Colt Cabana was erased from TV after Punk arrived.  Page had a promo that alluded to that. 

The irony is if Punk didn’t mention page, no one would even be talking about this now.   Classic Streisand Effect

It is weird how wwe used to have the rep for this kind of shit and aew was seen as harmonious and the narrative for each switched roughly as the same time. 

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #618 on: August 21, 2022, 12:54:04 PM »
Just watched Rampage finally. Holy shit Dustin vs Claudio is going to absolutely rock. I know Claudio is winning it but just like the Punk match I don't even care. Obviously biased here but I think they should put the ROH belt on Dustin at some point before he retires. And not just a week long sympathy hot-shot run, let him do the PCO thing and go out and just whup these kids asses for a few months.

The finish of the best friends vs trust busters was pretty fucking awesome. I have never seen that before and they pulled it off incredibly smoothly.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #619 on: August 21, 2022, 01:23:28 PM »
People have been talking about Slim J a lot lately.   Good to see him wrestle.   Trustbusters is one of those things that just kind of works despite itself. 

Love this era of Dustin.   He hasn’t had a bad match since he left WWE.  He definitely deserves to hold the gold (though I’d kinda like him with the NWA belt)

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #620 on: August 22, 2022, 02:33:14 PM »
People have been talking about Slim J a lot lately.   Good to see him wrestle.   Trustbusters is one of those things that just kind of works despite itself. 

Love this era of Dustin.   He hasn’t had a bad match since he left WWE.  He definitely deserves to hold the gold (though I’d kinda like him with the NWA belt)

Went to the Dynamite tapings last night and really appreciated the trustbusters as heels. Slim J was a great worker and I’m a fan of Davari.

Was cool meeting John Silver before the show, and the team formally known as Bear country after.
Got to chat with Tony Khan and grab a photo with him too.

That was my first live event in probably 6 or so years. I used to attend the nxt events in Tampa before I moved and I forgot how fun they are, definitely going to grab tickets for more AEW events.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #621 on: August 22, 2022, 08:07:11 PM »

I'm on a dedicated wrestling forum too and we were discussing the fact that Dustin and Steamboat were peers in WCW during that period their roster was insane but no one was watching. Someone posted this and brought back a huge memory I'd totally repressed. It's got a little bit of everything for the discerning fan - hilariously bad 90s gimmick gear, 4 incredible workers, prime pre-palsy JR and Tony on commentary, and a super hot crowd. Really fun match

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz8eb9

Not sold on the trustbusters. Tony sure does love his factions. I'm fine if they want someone for the factory and dork order to battle on the YouTube shows but I don't want them in main events when there's already so much underused talent on the roster. Boudreaux is the only one I see anything in but even he needs a lot of work and a better gimmick than "guy who looks like Brock's little brother and sneers a lot".

Expand Quote

[close]

Went to the Dynamite tapings last night and really appreciated the trustbusters as heels. Slim J was a great worker and I’m a fan of Davari.

Was cool meeting John Silver before the show, and the team formally known as Bear country after.
Got to chat with Tony Khan and grab a photo with him too.

That was my first live event in probably 6 or so years. I used to attend the nxt events in Tampa before I moved and I forgot how fun they are, definitely going to grab tickets for more AEW events.

Live wrestling is so much fun and AEW is the best live show I've seen, I'm so pissed they didn't hit Pittsburgh on this leg but  it's probably because they're doing a bunch of construction on/around the building they run. Definitely getting ringside seats next time they come.

Did Silver smell like beef jerky? How fucking enormous is the bear country guy in real life?  Dude looks like he's the size of an SUV on TV. Did Tony give you the crazy eyes and steal part of your soul?

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #622 on: August 22, 2022, 08:52:55 PM »
Don't really care for wwe these days but triple hhhunter brought back gargano tonight which was a surprise

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: August 22, 2022, 10:27:28 PM »
Don't really care for wwe these days but triple hhhunter brought back gargano tonight which was a surprise

I wonder how corporate is justifying releasing so many people just to hire them back.   Makes it seem like it was just some weird/hateful Vince move that everyone else was too afraid to speak against rather than a Nick Kahn cost-cutting power move that was speculated

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #624 on: August 24, 2022, 07:05:43 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #625 on: August 24, 2022, 07:42:18 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

PPV in Chicago…

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1379
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #626 on: August 24, 2022, 09:55:50 PM »
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #627 on: August 24, 2022, 11:43:03 PM »
So, I'm not sure that the "sports entertainment vs wrestling" storyline works as well with Vince gone. I don't really care about Danielson vs Jericho at the PPV but I do hope they swerve it somehow.

Dax vs Lethal was fantastic, love when Lethal wins. Wtf its Lethal and the MCMG now? What happened to Satnam? I thought the whole selling point of the match was to see if Wardlow could powerbomb him. I like the Guns but I don't give a shit about another TK 6 man dream match if I'm being honest. I'm sure it will be good, I'm just over it on big shows.

Did Rosa just pull an HBK and suddenly get mysteriously injured when they tell her they want her to drop the title? Can she just not come back please?

Moxley going over Punk was a disappointment. I guess rematch at the PPV is the plan? If that's the case it really looks like they just wanted to pop a rating and have Punk win at the PPV in his hometown. Kinda lame. You'd think they'd want to get the belt off Mox before he embarrasses the company on one of these mudshow indys again. People say he's a touring champ like Flair, but I never saw Flair making out with his opponent or anyone jerking themselves off in the figure four.

But again I'm really thinking/hoping it's leading to MJF coming back soon. It's just not the same without him.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #628 on: August 25, 2022, 02:10:06 AM »
https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7b77x/brian-gewirtz-wwe-head-writer-interview-tales-from-the-territories

This was kinda neat and made me think of you nerds

If you haven't watched it yet I seriously recommend Dark Side of the Ring. Even for non wrestling fans it's just like a really well done documentary series with some wild ass stories. The Jimmy Snuka, Bruiser Brody, and Ric Flair episodes all had interviews that were quite memorable for one reason or another too. Next time you get ripped on a nice indica and the couch starts eating you throw an episode or two on. It's very binge-able and since it's basically a true crime series that sometimes ventures into tabloid territory, I've heard that a lot of women enjoy it as well.

There's a lot of good compilation videos on YouTube of some of the crazy ass territory stories from guys like Jim Cornette and Terry Funk and Jim Ross who are just good storytellers as well. When I drive long distances or do something at work where I'm in my space suit for a long period of time that's what I listen to. Its perfect background noise when you have something monotonous you need to focus on.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #629 on: August 25, 2022, 03:32:28 AM »
Love the Kip Sabian thing finally paid off and the crowd was into it.   

Elite vs Osprey and Co is quite the match for next week