Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 40969 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #720 on: September 22, 2022, 12:07:59 PM »
I’ve seen the Rampage spoilers.   There is at least one thing that I think will go over huge that is completely unexpected (and I don’t think it will spoil anything by mentioning it’s existence)

Luigi Primo is the Joker and wins the battle royal?

https://youtu.be/5QbTrWqth-k
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #721 on: September 23, 2022, 02:04:20 AM »
I’ve seen the Rampage spoilers.   There is at least one thing that I think will go over huge that is completely unexpected (and I don’t think it will spoil anything by mentioning it’s existence)

I unfortunately stumbled across it on Twitter earlier. I made it a point not to watch the video they had posted though so even though I know what's going to happen it's still going to be insane. It's definitely going to go over huge and I highly recommend @SHAQUEEFA watch rampage tomorrow. Honestly I think they should have put it on Dynamite, that match was worthy of it to begin with.

I forgot to mention when you asked about promos, did you show them any Foley stuff? Aside from the famous 3 faces of Foley storyline and the JR interviews there's some really good rambling psych heavy cactus jack ones from WCW and ECW. Like Jake's stuff he was a little ahead of his time and the crowds didn't always know how to respond (especially in WCW) but it stands up well today. "Cane Dewey" is probably the most notable ECW Foley promo but I'm not sure if I would call it the best. It's pretty good though, and him working his actually leaving for the WWF into the storyline was pretty ground-breaking at the time so it's important within that context too.

Expand Quote
[close]

Luigi Primo is the Joker and wins the battle royal?

Haha please God no.

As much as I appreciate some good old purist-enraging comedy bullshit wrestling, I actually watched a couple Luigi Primo matches and he's the shits. It's a reasonably funny gimmick at first but it's pretty limited and he's a worse worker than Danhausen. Straight backyard trampoline wrestling level.

I think the reason stuff like chikara and PWG was so good is that the guys under the masks and facepaint playing the ridiculous characters could all go... A lot of them went on to be integral parts of NXT & AEW... OC, Uno, Kingston, Cabana, Claudio, Gulak, 2.0, Chuck Taylor, Gargano, the Bucks etc all came from that scene. It was basically the shit we're watching on the midcard these days, except with more comedy and shtick. Luigi Primo is the comedy without the talent haha.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #722 on: September 23, 2022, 05:58:31 AM »

I was genuinely surprised Mox won just because of the vacation thing, but maybe that was a work too? Or maybe they want to basically erase Punk's win and will never talk about it again.

Probably because they didn't want BD's first reign to be transitional since MJF is likely winning it at Full Gear. The vacation was probably real but then they were like "hey, we could do with you being the top guy of the company for a while" and he figured it could wait.

Anyone see the Luigi Primo AMA on Reddit? Someone caught on that he was an antivaxxer and the whole thing fell to pieces haha. I think it's still pinned at the top of the sub
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #723 on: September 23, 2022, 06:29:15 AM »
Expand Quote

I was genuinely surprised Mox won just because of the vacation thing, but maybe that was a work too? Or maybe they want to basically erase Punk's win and will never talk about it again.

[close]

Probably because they didn't want BD's first reign to be transitional since MJF is likely winning it at Full Gear. The vacation was probably real but then they were like "hey, we could do with you being the top guy of the company for a while" and he figured it could wait.

Anyone see the Luigi Primo AMA on Reddit? Someone caught on that he was an antivaxxer and the whole thing fell to pieces haha. I think it's still pinned at the top of the sub

I missed that, but I saw Cornette’s rant on him and am convinced the whole gimmick was created for that purpose alone.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #724 on: September 23, 2022, 06:30:51 AM »
I really hope Karrion Kross and Scarlet become the live Rambling Rabbit and Abby the Witch for Bray Wyatt’s Fun House.

I’m marking out the moment Bray’s kid show theme first hits again.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #725 on: September 23, 2022, 12:26:21 PM »
I’m looking forward the new Dark Side of the Ring show based on territory days.  First Ep is on Memphis and one of the things they’re covering is the Jos LeDuq promo where he cuts himself open with his axe

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #726 on: September 23, 2022, 06:08:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I missed that, but I saw Cornette’s rant on him and am convinced the whole gimmick was created for that purpose alone.

I listened to the first part of it but got interrupted before I finished it. I enjoy hearing him go nuts on guys like that partially so I can read all the fans with anime profile pictures who have been watching for 6 months try to tell a guy who has done everything there is to do in the business for the last 40 years how they know better than him. I hesitate to even call them marks.. They're like unter marks.

I remember back when Cornette first found out about Danhausen and they asked if he wanted to see one of his matches and Corny was like "hell no, I like this guy and want to keep it that way" hahaha.

That AMA is kind of telling hahaha. Apparently he's not only an antivax dipshit but also too much of a bitch to admit it even when he's putting others in danger. Hopefully that's enough for reddit to cancel him so I don't have to ever see him or his fake pizza dough ever again.

Pretty stoked for grand slampage tonight. Even though I know the "big" spoiler I don't remember seeing much else so it should mostly be fresh to me. At the risk of mildly spoiling it, if you're around my age (and I think most of us are relatively close) then you're probably going to really enjoy this episode.

I’m looking forward the new Dark Side of the Ring show based on territory days.  First Ep is on Memphis and one of the things they’re covering is the Jos LeDuq promo where he cuts himself open with his axe

Oh shit when does it come out? That's so far up my alley I can taste it. Jos Leduc stories are always awesome, he was basically tailor made for southern rasslin crowds so I can't wait to see the exposition part of the program. I feel like 1970's stampede had to be insanity because it seems like everyone that came out of there had a screw loose.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #727 on: September 23, 2022, 07:00:39 PM »
Oct 4 I believe

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #728 on: September 23, 2022, 07:05:18 PM »
Oct 4 I believe

Thanks, you're the man Atiba. Hope you're watching cuz they're starting it off with the big spot haha.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #729 on: September 23, 2022, 08:00:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Oct 4 I believe
[close]

Thanks, you're the man Atiba. Hope you're watching cuz they're starting it off with the big spot haha.

I’m gonna catch the replay.  I’m west coast.  I usually watch it on east coast time, but I was out tonight. 

I’m pumped for this territory show.   I’m working on something (in addition) that’s based around the time wwf was buying up promotions and killing the territory era (whilst feeding all their top stars to hogan and killing their credibility)

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #730 on: September 24, 2022, 07:45:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oct 4 I believe
[close]

[close]

I’m gonna catch the replay.  I’m west coast.  I usually watch it on east coast time, but I was out tonight. 

I’m pumped for this territory show.   I’m working on something (in addition) that’s based around the time wwf was buying up promotions and killing the territory era (whilst feeding all their top stars to hogan and killing their credibility)

I wrote a whole recap up and then forgot to submit it and closed the window haha. Cliffs notes - Sting and Muta are fuckin awesome. Hungle Boy and Fenix stole the show as usual. Jade is really good. Action Bronson was great and his powerslam was beautiful. Hobbs is a fucking stud. Dalton Castle needs to be on TV more.

I'm stoked for that show too. I was actually thinking about Vince's empire building era the other day. Apparently the NWA was going to put a hit out on him at one point but not everyone was on board haha. Anyways, one of the things that I think gets glossed over about the rise of the WWF is how influential the AWA was in defining that era. Obviously we all know that Verne and the AWA actually created the Hulk Hogan character that would change wrestling, but they also got a lot of other influential talent from there and stole a lot of their booking ideas as well. Sherri, Sgt. Slaughter, Heenan, Jesse the Body, Mean Gene, Adrian Adonis, the killer B's, the Rockers, Lord Alfred, Mr. Perfect, and basically their entire original women's division were all lifted straight from the AWA and most of them barely even changed their gimmick. They were also super influential in the southern territories but it felt a lot less predatory.

I see parallels with 90s ECW in some ways... Vince basically used them as a farm team, but unlike ECW they weren't secretly cooperating and profiting from it. I don't think the AWA was necessarily ahead of its time in terms of the booking (they definitely tried some wacky shit at certain points though) but they seemed to have the same sort of innate ability to always find or develop new talent.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #731 on: September 24, 2022, 05:23:36 PM »
Rampage was tight this week! Jungle Boy/Rey Fenix and Hobbs/Starks were both exceptionally good and I thought everything else was great too. AEW’s homegrown stars are holding it down just fine without Punk, Bucks, Omega, Cody, etc.

The Jericho win was a surprise but honestly pretty exciting. I know that there have been reports of AEW launching a third show, which I assumed would be an ROH reboot, and maybe they’re setting up Jericho as their inaugural villain to take the “honor” back from.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #732 on: September 24, 2022, 05:56:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oct 4 I believe
[close]

[close]

[close]

I wrote a whole recap up and then forgot to submit it and closed the window haha. Cliffs notes - Sting and Muta are fuckin awesome. Hungle Boy and Fenix stole the show as usual. Jade is really good. Action Bronson was great and his powerslam was beautiful. Hobbs is a fucking stud. Dalton Castle needs to be on TV more.

I'm stoked for that show too. I was actually thinking about Vince's empire building era the other day. Apparently the NWA was going to put a hit out on him at one point but not everyone was on board haha. Anyways, one of the things that I think gets glossed over about the rise of the WWF is how influential the AWA was in defining that era. Obviously we all know that Verne and the AWA actually created the Hulk Hogan character that would change wrestling, but they also got a lot of other influential talent from there and stole a lot of their booking ideas as well. Sherri, Sgt. Slaughter, Heenan, Jesse the Body, Mean Gene, Adrian Adonis, the killer B's, the Rockers, Lord Alfred, Mr. Perfect, and basically their entire original women's division were all lifted straight from the AWA and most of them barely even changed their gimmick. They were also super influential in the southern territories but it felt a lot less predatory.

I see parallels with 90s ECW in some ways... Vince basically used them as a farm team, but unlike ECW they weren't secretly cooperating and profiting from it. I don't think the AWA was necessarily ahead of its time in terms of the booking (they definitely tried some wacky shit at certain points though) but they seemed to have the same sort of innate ability to always find or develop new talent.

Any recs (books, docs, YouTube vids) for a deeper dive in the AwA?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #733 on: September 25, 2022, 07:21:38 AM »

OWD did a good episode on them where they summarize the whole run but definitely touch heavily on the period you're interested in.

https://youtu.be/tk00NYnYeno

I haven't read any of the books but I would assume any of the Hogan and Verne ones (that aren't puff pieces) would touch on at least the loss of Hogan and perhaps the subsequent talent exodus. The WWE put out one of those nostalgia documentaries that they were pumping out a few years ago too, but I'm not sure how objective it is or how deep it goes.

It's interesting too that after Vince raided Verne, Crockett and the other territories still big enough to compete spent the rest of the decade picking the bones and got a lot of talent there as well... The road warriors (and all the other Minnesota monsters like Nikita) being the first names that come to mind but there's plenty of others. I think Rick Steiner got started there and then went to Watts where he got brought into the fold when Crockett took over and Scott came onboard, so I suppose you can trace the Steiners back there as well if you're generous with your definitions.

I haven't actually watched a ton of AWA other than the supercards so I'm far from an expert, it's just one of those things I've picked up on from listening to territory based podcasts and going "wow that dude started in the AWA too?"

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #734 on: September 25, 2022, 10:40:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

OWD did a good episode on them where they summarize the whole run but definitely touch heavily on the period you're interested in.

https://youtu.be/tk00NYnYeno

I haven't read any of the books but I would assume any of the Hogan and Verne ones (that aren't puff pieces) would touch on at least the loss of Hogan and perhaps the subsequent talent exodus. The WWE put out one of those nostalgia documentaries that they were pumping out a few years ago too, but I'm not sure how objective it is or how deep it goes.

It's interesting too that after Vince raided Verne, Crockett and the other territories still big enough to compete spent the rest of the decade picking the bones and got a lot of talent there as well... The road warriors (and all the other Minnesota monsters like Nikita) being the first names that come to mind but there's plenty of others. I think Rick Steiner got started there and then went to Watts where he got brought into the fold when Crockett took over and Scott came onboard, so I suppose you can trace the Steiners back there as well if you're generous with your definitions.

I haven't actually watched a ton of AWA other than the supercards so I'm far from an expert, it's just one of those things I've picked up on from listening to territory based podcasts and going "wow that dude started in the AWA too?"

I believe you can access all types of episodes from the territories (including AWA) with WWE Network.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #735 on: September 25, 2022, 02:45:04 PM »
Thanks guys!    Glad to see Peacock is finally importing all the WWE network stuff over. 

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #736 on: September 26, 2022, 12:41:39 AM »
Rampage was tight this week! Jungle Boy/Rey Fenix and Hobbs/Starks were both exceptionally good and I thought everything else was great too. AEW’s homegrown stars are holding it down just fine without Punk, Bucks, Omega, Cody, etc.

The Jericho win was a surprise but honestly pretty exciting. I know that there have been reports of AEW launching a third show, which I assumed would be an ROH reboot, and maybe they’re setting up Jericho as their inaugural villain to take the “honor” back from.

Yo I love that idea, it would be a pretty much perfect way to launch ROH especially since they kinda did the same thing with early AEW and Jericho gives it instant credibility and elevates the title because you sort of just mentally group it in with all the other prestigious world title belts he's won. You can set up a whole class of babyfaces trying to be the one to vanquish him and even have him start an ROH subfaction of the JAS to establish new heels early on. Run that program for 3 months and pay it off at the first PPV with Garcia taking the belt from Jericho and you'll be off and running.

That would really alleviate some of the roster bloat and let them focus on the stars and pace the shows better, like the grand slam shows were.

The roster bloat is sort of solving itself though, Buddy Matthews is gone now too apparently so House of Black is pretty much done. I guess if you're going to go then getting fucked up by Muta is a pretty awesome way to go. Obviously the suspicion is that him and Malakai are trying to go back to the WWE now that Uncle Paul is in charge, but Tony ain't letting them out of their contracts to do that. I've seen speculation that this is what TK was talking about with the tampering stuff, it would make sense with the timing.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #737 on: September 26, 2022, 01:07:56 AM »
Buddy said the rumor was false and Brody said he’s staying.   

Buddy just needs a lil feud to show himself off like Brody’s feud with Darby did.   I think a good Los Ingobernales bash would do well.  Rush and/or Andrade vs Buddy would be an awesome match.   

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #738 on: September 26, 2022, 08:14:50 PM »
Buddy said the rumor was false and Brody said he’s staying.   

Buddy just needs a lil feud to show himself off like Brody’s feud with Darby did.   I think a good Los Ingobernales bash would do well.  Rush and/or Andrade vs Buddy would be an awesome match.

I think he's a great worker, but for better or worse that's nothing special in AEW. I've never really heard him cut a promo, so I have to assume that's a weak spot for him? Honestly I think he's been used just about how he should be from what I've seen. I see him as a slightly better, spooky version of Tony Nese.

Now that's not to say he can't have great matches and feuds, I was actually really looking forward to HOB as a trio, but I hope he's being realistic about what he's bringing to the table when setting expectations. AEW could be the right place to develop though, he just needs to learn how to succeed outside the WWE system. Develop on your own rather than having your entire character and dialogue written for you. The in-ring is very good but it's not special, so you're going to have to stand out some other way to succeed these days. Hopefully when he comes back he'll have a new character or have overhauled this one into something more fresh or unique.

I had to laugh, I opened reddit today to go find the Luigi primo thing again and the top thread is Paige having already tweeted something dumb that pissed off the AEW marks. I don't see this one ending well for Tony. I don't think it's even been clarified if she's cleared to wrestle yet and she's already doing stupid shit. He should have learned his lesson with Jeff Hardy.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #739 on: September 27, 2022, 02:35:47 AM »
I think he had some pretty good matches with Mustafi Ali in the wwe cruiserweight division so i think he could shine.   

I also agree how bummed I am that the trio think with HoB never worked out, but I don’t think heavy lore shit really fits in AEW.    The NXT Malachi/Alistair would have fit so much better.   All he had was an amazing entrance.   

These dummies running back to WWE should realize that they should alienate the other promotion in town.   WWE is still WWE and is arguably worse at showcasing their entire roster (keep an eye on whatever the fuck gargano is going to be doing) and that HHH is still in his honeymoon period

Remember when Private Party seemed like they were being given the keys to the kingdom.   They beat the Bucks in one of the first tag tournaments and since then…who knows.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #740 on: September 27, 2022, 05:17:01 AM »
I sat two seats away from none other than The Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart on Sunday when I flew home. Super nice guy. Actually, too nice. It was 5:30 am and I really just wanted to say hello and thanks for the entertainment (which is my go-to line when I meet celebrities at the airport) He proceeded to try to talk to me about Bucs football (I was wearing my game day jersey) for a solid 10-15 minutes while I tried to not fall asleep mid convo. His only carry on was his ring gear in a clear garment bag. Saw the musical notes shining through. He didn't have his shades on, but put them right on when the guy next to him asked for a selfie.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #741 on: September 27, 2022, 08:34:22 AM »
I sat two seats away from none other than The Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart on Sunday when I flew home. Super nice guy. Actually, too nice. It was 5:30 am and I really just wanted to say hello and thanks for the entertainment (which is my go-to line when I meet celebrities at the airport) He proceeded to try to talk to me about Bucs football (I was wearing my game day jersey) for a solid 10-15 minutes while I tried to not fall asleep mid convo. His only carry on was his ring gear in a clear garment bag. Saw the musical notes shining through. He didn't have his shades on, but put them right on when the guy next to him asked for a selfie.

Dude I would have been like the most annoying guy in the world in that situation, I would have SO many questions and would probably try to get his number haha. Im guessing he was coming from a show if he had his gear with him? I wonder what kind of bookings he's taking these days.

I have to ask what you thought of the Sting/Darby vs HOB match from grand slam rampage if you watched it.. I was for sure thinking about you when I saw Tony's big surprise.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #742 on: September 27, 2022, 09:43:34 AM »
And now Malachi said he’ll probably be back in a few week

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #743 on: September 28, 2022, 05:40:21 AM »

I think he also said it could be a few months, but I think his intent was more to say wrestling "journalism" is a joke and you shouldn't believe anything that doesn't come straight from him. In his original IG post he said he did ask for his release, mentioned some stuff about broken promises and also complained about private stuff being leaked, so I think at the very least he's pretty disgruntled.

If Meltzer is to be believed, Trips came calling for his boys hard and contacted almost all the old NXT guys and basically forced Tony to put his foot down and say "no one is getting a release" across the board. Sounds like he's not fucking around and is understandably not very happy about how the Haitcher Boy is conducting business over at titan towers.

Honestly I'm kinda hoping he does cut some guys loose. I'm enjoying seeing some fresh faces and angles with the suspensions. The acclaimed are killing it, Jericho continues to reinvent himself and have great matches, death triangle are the masters of flippy shit, Hungle Boy continues to impress and develop, FTR are still super over, and Keith and Swerve have become one of my favorite parts of the show. And of course, the big one is having MJF back. Now that he's referring to himself as the devil i would love to see them set up a feud with Miro after he cashes in and wins the belt...Gods champion vs the devil, that's some good shit pal.

Also with Malakai and Buddy out, now is the perfect time to push Brody to the moon. Maybe have Darby somehow beat Wardlow for the TNT belt, then have Brody beat Darby for it to set up Wardlow coming for his belt in a hard hitting, meaty as fuck old fashioned hoss fight. That's a PPV match I'd gladly pay to see.

Apparently Paige is going to cut a promo tonight. My money's on her getting booed and not handling it well. Maybe she's just playing up her reputation so she can be a heel, or maybe she's a cokehead chav raised by carnies who has repeatedly shown terrible decision making and judgement through her career. If she wrestles she's going to get hurt, especially with how many botch machines they have in their women's division. I just don't see a happy ending here, but I AM pretty sure I'll see one if I search her name on certain websites.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #744 on: September 28, 2022, 07:13:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think he also said it could be a few months, but I think his intent was more to say wrestling "journalism" is a joke and you shouldn't believe anything that doesn't come straight from him. In his original IG post he said he did ask for his release, mentioned some stuff about broken promises and also complained about private stuff being leaked, so I think at the very least he's pretty disgruntled.

If Meltzer is to be believed, Trips came calling for his boys hard and contacted almost all the old NXT guys and basically forced Tony to put his foot down and say "no one is getting a release" across the board. Sounds like he's not fucking around and is understandably not very happy about how the Haitcher Boy is conducting business over at titan towers.

Honestly I'm kinda hoping he does cut some guys loose. I'm enjoying seeing some fresh faces and angles with the suspensions. The acclaimed are killing it, Jericho continues to reinvent himself and have great matches, death triangle are the masters of flippy shit, Hungle Boy continues to impress and develop, FTR are still super over, and Keith and Swerve have become one of my favorite parts of the show. And of course, the big one is having MJF back. Now that he's referring to himself as the devil i would love to see them set up a feud with Miro after he cashes in and wins the belt...Gods champion vs the devil, that's some good shit pal.

Also with Malakai and Buddy out, now is the perfect time to push Brody to the moon. Maybe have Darby somehow beat Wardlow for the TNT belt, then have Brody beat Darby for it to set up Wardlow coming for his belt in a hard hitting, meaty as fuck old fashioned hoss fight. That's a PPV match I'd gladly pay to see.

Apparently Paige is going to cut a promo tonight. My money's on her getting booed and not handling it well. Maybe she's just playing up her reputation so she can be a heel, or maybe she's a cokehead chav raised by carnies who has repeatedly shown terrible decision making and judgement through her career. If she wrestles she's going to get hurt, especially with how many botch machines they have in their women's division. I just don't see a happy ending here, but I AM pretty sure I'll see one if I search her name on certain websites.

https://youtu.be/RvOJeXnuKWY

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #745 on: September 28, 2022, 09:43:10 AM »
I still can't believe she let her man bust a nut on her championship belt.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #746 on: September 28, 2022, 01:25:06 PM »
Paige getting booed after that pop she got?    Can’t see it so soon.   

Love the Miro MJF idea but Miro needs a big win and MJF needs his momentum to stay strong for The title shot

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #747 on: September 29, 2022, 10:50:31 AM »
I still can't believe she let her man bust a nut on her championship belt.

Its been years since I saw the vids but isn't there also one where she's blowing him while she's on the phone with someone from the office? Like she says a few words when she has to, then goes right back to gobbling his gooker. The only one I really remember is the one where she has that inflatable butt plug thing she was using to stretch her tailpipe.

@SHAQUEEFA I hope you're safe and dry brother. Ideally you guys are riding this out somewhere you can just chill out and binge watch wrestling for a few days, but you know what to do if shit really hits the fan though right? Go find Hulk and see if that coked out wrestlemania promo was true.

If you need anything shoot me a PM. For real.

Dynamite:

Fell asleep but went back and rewatched it when I woke up. I skipped some of the promos and most of the women's match. I can only handle so much deeb and I'm definitely all deeb'ed out at the moment. Killer finish though.

Of course Jericho recruited Luigi Primo as soon as it became public he was also an antivax dipshit..."my kinda guy!"

Jesus christ Wheeler Yuta's voice actually cracked like a teenager during his tough guy promo. I don't know how anyone takes this dweeb seriously, but the combination of it being his hometown and getting to work with the best heel in the business seemed to get a nice pop. He's still a fucking dork though. Also this pre-show promo from Max cracked me up.

https://twitter.com/David_Onda/status/1575274073197871109?s=20&t=TiParPZp6Vh59pIw7ibEEA

I'm kinda surprised they didn't let Juice talk. He's got a weird promo style that I could see getting over in AEW. That wasn't his best match but if he's legit no longer in NJPW then I'm guessing Tony Signs him - Gedo (njpw booker) was pictured in Philly with TK and juice had BC graphics on his gear so it could be kayfabe to set up an angle over there. On the other hand, he's married to Toni Storm so it wouldn't be surprising if he wants to be in the same company as her.

Holy shit Jericho vs Bandido was great. The high spots were cool but what I loved about it was the psychology. It looks like Mr. Peru was on the scent of this one and they are indeed doing a war of honor story, so the repeated stiff shots and kicks to the head (likely breaking his nose) really drove home the disrespect. Bandido is fucking nuts, that suplex spot is always super impressive even though it looked like he was hanging on for dear life at points. Who says old guys can't stay erect without a pill? Bandido has to get a contract after that, there's zero chance Tony wasn't marking out just has hard as the rest of us for that match. For those who haven't seen it, I recommend watching the Fite version without commercials. Hit me up if you need a link.

Can't say enough good things about what Jericho has done in-ring the past 9 months, and he's giving the rub to young talent like Garcia and Anna. Really like cementing his case as an all-timer. I can't say GOAT because as long as Sting is there he's not even the greatest in the company in my book, but he's not far behind. Someone should start some sort of society for appreciating him. And not let Sammy Guevara in it.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #748 on: September 29, 2022, 12:26:28 PM »
SHAQUEEFA is marked as safe from Hurricane Ian.

My heart goes out to the people south of me. Lots of carnage. If there is one thing I learned from living in a hurricane zone, its that projections dont mean shit until about 6-10 hours out. You can't predict a path of a hurricane 3 days out, there are just too many variables at play. People in Tampa started panicking on Sunday preparing for "the worst Tampa storm of all-time" according to the doomsday media. It was really windy all day and some people lost power. My boss lives on the river in the first mandatory evacuation zone and they were fine.

I know there were lives lost and that is terrible, but for me it was a regular Wednesday. I worked from home instead of going to the office, and fell asleep before the Mox match and woke up later and was in and out for the Jericho match.

@Buttfart how hard were you when Skye Blue came out in Toni's entourage???? HAHAHAH!!!

Oh and I watched the Sting/Darby v HOB and holy shit Julia Hart missed that table so bad. I would have preferred Muta to have appeared in the ring as opposed to coming slowly as fuck down the aisle, but thats just me being picky.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #749 on: September 29, 2022, 01:23:07 PM »
SHAQUEEFA is marked as safe from Hurricane Ian.

My heart goes out to the people south of me. Lots of carnage. If there is one thing I learned from living in a hurricane zone, its that projections dont mean shit until about 6-10 hours out. You can't predict a path of a hurricane 3 days out, there are just too many variables at play. People in Tampa started panicking on Sunday preparing for "the worst Tampa storm of all-time" according to the doomsday media. It was really windy all day and some people lost power. My boss lives on the river in the first mandatory evacuation zone and they were fine.

I know there were lives lost and that is terrible, but for me it was a regular Wednesday. I worked from home instead of going to the office, and fell asleep before the Mox match and woke up later and was in and out for the Jericho match.

@Buttfart how hard were you when Skye Blue came out in Toni's entourage???? HAHAHAH!!!

Oh and I watched the Sting/Darby v HOB and holy shit Julia Hart missed that table so bad. I would have preferred Muta to have appeared in the ring as opposed to coming slowly as fuck down the aisle, but thats just me being picky.

Dude! I forgot to mention it but yeah I popped in more than one way for Thigh Blue in jeans and slip ons. That thing is a force of nature. If TK is smart she's going to have a nice firm tush... I mean push.. coming.

Yessss you watched it haha. Hopefully with Malakai gone that will be the end of the mist. I like the lights out idea but Muta's weird slow sideways walk always creeped me out when I was a kid, so I was fully marking out the whole time. That dragon screw was crisp as fuck too. I guess he asked Sting to be part of his retirement show which is really cool. I thought it was fitting for Muta to kind of "kill" the house of black with a misting. Hopefully we won't see any more spit takes for a long time. And yeah Julia took a hell of a bump there... Maybe her giant hat worked like a parachute and slowed her down enough to avoid damage.

Glad to hear you're ok dude. I legit thought about you when I heard Tampa was going to get hit. On the bright side, it gave me the opportunity to make a hogan backstroke promo reference to people who actually understand it haha.