Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 40951 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #870 on: November 07, 2022, 08:38:15 AM »
Ahhh yes, I just found that out. Thanks.

I just can't believe they flew Bray all the way there to cut a promo that would have been just fine on RAW tonight.

They flew a sumo wrestler out the first time bc they requested an appearance by Yokozuma

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #871 on: November 07, 2022, 09:30:24 AM »
Expand Quote

I just can't believe they flew Bray all the way there to cut a promo that would have been just fine on RAW tonight.
[close]

They flew a sumo wrestler out the first time bc they requested an appearance by Yokozuma

Should also point out that Yokozuna had been dead for over a decade at that point. So yeah, in addition to being racist, bloody dictators they don't even actually watch the product.

I do have to say I think it's kind of hilarious that I read Logan Paul blew his knee out doing a buckshot lariat? Didn't Punk fuck his knee up trying to do one too or was that just kayfabe? Either way, just goes to show that unless you're used to cowboy shit it's best to leave that one to Hangman (or Nick Jackson trolling him).

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #872 on: November 07, 2022, 10:38:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Should also point out that Yokozuna had been dead for over a decade at that point. So yeah, in addition to being racist, bloody dictators they don't even actually watch the product.

I do have to say I think it's kind of hilarious that I read Logan Paul blew his knee out doing a buckshot lariat? Didn't Punk fuck his knee up trying to do one too or was that just kayfabe? Either way, just goes to show that unless you're used to cowboy shit it's best to leave that one to Hangman (or Nick Jackson trolling him).

The Buckshot Lariat is a terrible finisher that doesn’t make much sense. Lariats for guys Adam Page’s size are silly.

For believability’s sake, Stan Hansen and JBL fit the lariat perfectly.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #873 on: November 07, 2022, 11:01:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hah yup.  Asked for the Warrior too

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #874 on: November 07, 2022, 12:09:27 PM »
They legit wanted to run Hogan v. Flair a few years ago as well.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #875 on: November 08, 2022, 02:03:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The Buckshot Lariat is a terrible finisher that doesn’t make much sense. Lariats for guys Adam Page’s size are silly.

For believability’s sake, Stan Hansen and JBL fit the lariat perfectly.

I'm fine with Hangman doing it. He's decent sized by today's standards and in kayfabe the flip adds so much momentum that it makes up for the lack of size, just like how a 450 is way more devastating than a plain old splash. I also like that it's something he can hit on anyone and they don't have to figure out goofy finishes if he works with a big guy. I'm a Hangman mark though, so I'm not impartial. He's got that intangible babyface connection with the crowd that has been kind of rare in the modern era and I still have yet to see him have a bad match. I go back and watch the outside interference miniseries on his title storyline like once a month.

I do hate how as soon as one person comes up with a cool finisher all of a sudden everyone has to do it. I hope it never gets to the almost comical level like the GTS or Canadian destroyer/code red or Spanish fly. I can't remember the last time I watched an indy card that didn't have one of those on it. Even the deathmatch goofs do them now, albeit onto a bunch of light tubes.

Polynesian pro on TFTT tonight. Sounds like the Rock called in a favor there because I don't think it was ever that important or popular of a territory but I'm sure it's gonna be good regardless. Im assuming there's gonna be some characters and stories that I haven't heard of before which is rare, so I'm looking forward to it.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #876 on: November 08, 2022, 06:00:39 AM »
Yeah that is the one thing about the Logan Paul match I didn't like, besides the finish. What a bad finish.

And it turns out Logan destroyed his knee on the buckshot, so like, was it worth it to do someone elses finish just as a regular spot in the match? NO!!

Moral of the story is don't do other peoples finishers.

Shit, how many people still do stunners? Or RKO's? Or Cutters? All the same shit but it all looks stupid because everybody has beaten the move down so hard it ain't even impactful anymore.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #877 on: November 08, 2022, 07:11:33 AM »
Oh man the Austin Theory shit is hilarious. He about to disappear.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #878 on: November 08, 2022, 08:06:25 AM »

Buried.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #879 on: November 09, 2022, 02:25:36 AM »

Hey man shits harder when the new boss doesn't want to fuck you like the old one did! He should just change his name to "Vince's muscle twink" at this point.

They're making a movie about the Von Erichs and just announced MJF is going to be in it. Atiba you know who he's playing? I know you're much better informed about that kind of thing than I am.

So yeah TFTT is kind of what I expected although I know everyone except Rocky Iaukea. Definitely a favor to Dwayne but the stories are great. It's a chapter of wrestling history I was never really exposed to as a kid so I'm always excited when I get to see shit like this. It was great to see Bruno. It's weird that he's not a regular on the podcast scene or something since he can still talk his ass off haha. Also, I genuinely didn't realise Lars Anderson was still alive. The King Curtis story was hilarious. I can see why Sullivan and him got along so well. Kevin Sullivan cracks me up... He's just the walking embodiment of carny wrestling and he's perfect for these shows.

Next week is Portland. That should be a killer episode, loads of insanity that took place there in the 80s. I would almost prefer a run of 2 hour episodes for like Portland, Memphis, Dallas, and Florida. I feel like there's probably a lot of amazing shit that's going to get left out just by necessity.

Dark continues to be the best AEW show. Taz and Excalibur alone without Tony or Ian or JR, the matches are short and crisp, you get to see people other than the usual 25-30 guys in Tony's toybox. Dailys place is a really good wrestling venue too, the crowd isn't too smarky or trying to get itself over all show like half the dynamites have been lately.

- It seems like they're changing Cass' character (he's now being referred to as "Big Bill") already which I assume means that the firm is either dead in the water or heading the way of the dork order.

- Anna Jay looks so much better in this gimmick. Also, fuck you Hungle Boy.

- Brian Pillman Jr is really leaning into this Kenny Omega cosplay and it's not pretty. Griff Garrison can work pretty good though... there's something there if the right person gets ahold of him.

- Hobbs is a star and they need to get him in a program with Wardlow ASAP. Kingston got the biggest pop of the night so they need to find something better for him too.

- AR Fox was on and did some really good looking shit... I'd love to see him become a dark regular and revisit that legendary swerve match at some point.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #880 on: November 09, 2022, 02:31:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey man shits harder when the new boss doesn't want to fuck you like the old one did! He should just change his name to "Vince's muscle twink" at this point.

They're making a movie about the Von Erichs and just announced MJF is going to be in it. Atiba you know who he's playing? I know you're much better informed about that kind of thing than I am.

So yeah TFTT is kind of what I expected although I know everyone except Rocky Iaukea. Definitely a favor to Dwayne but the stories are great. It's a chapter of wrestling history I was never really exposed to as a kid so I'm always excited when I get to see shit like this. It was great to see Bruno. It's weird that he's not a regular on the podcast scene or something since he can still talk his ass off haha. Also, I genuinely didn't realise Lars Anderson was still alive. The King Curtis story was hilarious. I can see why Sullivan and him got along so well. Kevin Sullivan cracks me up... He's just the walking embodiment of carny wrestling and he's perfect for these shows.

Next week is Portland. That should be a killer episode, loads of insanity that took place there in the 80s. I would almost prefer a run of 2 hour episodes for like Portland, Memphis, Dallas, and Florida. I feel like there's probably a lot of amazing shit that's going to get left out just by necessity.

Dark continues to be the best AEW show. Taz and Excalibur alone without Tony or Ian or JR, the matches are short and crisp, you get to see people other than the usual 25-30 guys in Tony's toybox. Dailys place is a really good wrestling venue too, the crowd isn't too smarky or trying to get itself over all show like half the dynamites have been lately. It seems like they're changing Cass' character (he's now being referred to as "Big Bill") already which I assume means that the firm is either dead in the water or heading the way of the dork order. Anna Jay looks so much better in this gimmick. Also, fuck you Hungle Boy. Brian Pillman Jr is really leaning into this Kenny Omega cosplay and it's not pretty. Griff Garrison can work pretty good though... there's something there if the right person gets ahold of him. Hobbs is a star and they need to get him in a program with Wardlow ASAP. Kingston got the biggest pop of the night. AR Fox was on and did some really good looking shit... I'd love to see him become a dark regular and revisit that legendary swerve match at some point.

I don’t unfortunately, but I will look into it.   That seems to be the real reason he was away and got so hugs

Also, I believe Hobbs IS in a program, with Wardlow.   

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #881 on: November 09, 2022, 02:53:14 AM »

I don’t unfortunately, but I will look into it.   That seems to be the real reason he was away and got so hugs

Also, I believe Hobbs IS in a program, with Wardlow.

Ya sorry I'm baked I meant "this program" haha.. As in actually push it while there's an opportunity. They've kept him off TV so much and Tony seems to have a really bad habit of false starts or just straight up neglecting him so I want to see him actually follow through this time. I'd like to see them do a strong competitive match with Wardlow going over at the PPV just to give him a little steam back after the warjoe crap. You can even have a fuck finish or interference gone wrong or something if you want to avoid "burying" Hobbs, but then that sets up the rematch where he beats him and has a strong heel champ run. I would be down for a long, multi-ppv feud that hopefully elevates both guys as well as maybe bring some dignity back to the belt sammy almost ruined.

Has MJF already filmed his scenes? If that's the case then the whole thing dating back to the meet n greet may have been one of the best orchestrated ways to give a guy time off I've ever seen. It would make sense since he was radio silent the whole time and it seemed like no one really knew what he was up to.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #882 on: November 09, 2022, 04:32:19 AM »
I would say it’s a strong possibility he has already shot his scenes.   There’s no way a movie that small had a shooting schedule longer than 30-45 days and casting announcements usually happen several months after the deals are made.   

Fascinated to know if he has an actual presence in the movie or is just an opponent like Ernest the Cat Miller (fake iron sheik) in The Wrestler. 

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #883 on: November 09, 2022, 07:02:45 AM »
Zac Efron to play Kevin Von Erich.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #884 on: November 09, 2022, 10:30:16 AM »
I bet Kevin is making baaaaaank off this. Good for him man. From what I understand he took the money he made from selling the world class library to Vince for the network and invested it wisely and now he lives in Hawaii and just spends all day chilling out and probably smoking tons of good herb on the beach. Living the rich haole dream.

His kids are pretty good too, they were one of the acts that caught my eye last time I watched MLW and their match at the Flair thing was my second favorite of the night behind the crazy good Bandido/black taurus/Rey fenix/Laredo kid match. I don't know how open MLW is to working with AEW/ROH but if they are then that's a team I'd like to see work some dark and rampage tapings and get some more exposure. If the movie ends up being a hit that could be a smart move and maybe draw some young female fans eyes onto the product, and more importantly, on Hungle Boy's crotch.

Btw I was thinking if they're going to just make him plain old Jack Perry then we'll have to come up with something new for him. Jackin' heat? Total Jackage? Jack's big Ole beanstalk?... Why do these all sound like the titles of "movies" Lars Sullivan starred in?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #885 on: November 09, 2022, 03:14:18 PM »
Dynamite card

* AEW World Title Eliminator Tournament First Round Match: Eddie Kingston vs. Ethan Page
* 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match: Bryan Danielson vs. Sammy Guevara
* The Acclaimed & FTR vs. Swerve In Our Glory & The Gunns
* Jamie Hayter vs. Skye Blue
* Saraya and Britt Baker face-to-face
* Jon Moxley speaks
* We’ll hear from MJF

So I'll watch basically up until the main event. Hayter vs Thigh is gonna be tough for me... It's like the devil and angel on your shoulder thing haha. That 8 man could be fun but I have a feeling but it'll probably open the show and be overbooked to hell. Some interference or just making it all about pushing the angles.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #886 on: November 09, 2022, 05:32:12 PM »
8 man was a little bit too much of a choreographed clusterfuck for me.

Too bad the MJF thing was a pretape. Looks like the firm is indeed kinda dead but I feel like this is all a setup for stoke to interfere and help him win the belt.

Eddie vs Ethan is gonna end with Eddie getting himself dq'ed here. Putting money on it now.

Edit - I was wrong. Knew he wasn't winning but didn't think they'd have him eat another pin.

Mostly gave up on it after that. I'll watch the Hayter match later.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 12:12:12 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #887 on: November 09, 2022, 08:03:53 PM »

Too bad the MJF thing was a pretape. Looks like the firm is indeed kinda dead but I feel like this is all a setup for him to interfere and help him win the belt.

Eddie vs Ethan is gonna end with Eddie getting himself dq'ed here. Putting money on it now.

Edit - I was wrong. Knew he wasn't winning but didn't think they'd have him eat another pin.

I’ve been going to the gym instead of watching AEW and it sounds like it’s the same spot fest and dialogue. The only tag team I enjoy watching in those tornado spot fest matches are Silver and Reynolds.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #888 on: November 09, 2022, 10:54:08 PM »
I’ve seen some sites say MJF is playing Lance Von Erich (the one who was only a VE in kayfabe), but I take it with a grain of salt as wrestling sites usually don’t know what the fuck they are talking about regarding Hollywood stuff (see: reports about Charlotte Flair or Sasha Banks poised to become movie/tv stars or any time a wrestler makes a movie, they’re going “Hollywood”, even if they are smaller movies, indie movies, or suuuuuper indie movies like the shit CM Punk or Bray do/have done)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 11:42:54 PM by Atiba Applebum »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #889 on: November 10, 2022, 02:45:36 AM »
Expand Quote

Too bad the MJF thing was a pretape. Looks like the firm is indeed kinda dead but I feel like this is all a setup for him to interfere and help him win the belt.

[close]

I’ve been going to the gym instead of watching AEW and it sounds like it’s the same spot fest and dialogue. The only tag team I enjoy watching in those tornado spot fest matches are Silver and Reynolds.

Yeah it's really stale and every time it seems like the booking is back on track they go and fuck it up again. It seems like Tony is really out of ideas. I don't think bringing in slap nuts is going to fix anything either, though I don't think he's formally in the booking process... Yet. Given the fact he's a carny and Tony's a mark, I give it 3 months before he's either in the title picture or running the book.

The stated reason for bringing him in is to help with the live events since apparently attendance is down but I don't think you needed an outside consultant to tell you running the same towns over and over is going to kill them. This ain't Memphis.

And Mox sucks as a champ. I hadn't really noticed it as much before I started watching all the old stuff but his whole cool guy persona and the way he just tries to bury whoever he's up against when he's on the mic is lame. A good champ will put his opponent over and make it sound like they're in for a hell of a fight but Mox just does the "I'm big and tough and you're a skinny little geek" shit over and over and people keep cheering for him for some reason.

Anyways a little levity for you Pat....You'll never guess who this masked singer is!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaskedSingerFOX/status/1590434309672140800

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #890 on: November 10, 2022, 07:51:38 AM »
Man I just listened to a Cornette podcast where he has the AEW website pulled up and he just goes down the roster from A to Z and decides whether to keep them or dump them. It's really funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV7-vAzokDw

Man he fucking hates anybody that has any relation to Kenny Omega.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #891 on: November 10, 2022, 09:06:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah it's really stale and every time it seems like the booking is back on track they go and fuck it up again. It seems like Tony is really out of ideas. I don't think bringing in slap nuts is going to fix anything either, though I don't think he's formally in the booking process... Yet. Given the fact he's a carny and Tony's a mark, I give it 3 months before he's either in the title picture or running the book.

The stated reason for bringing him in is to help with the live events since apparently attendance is down but I don't think you needed an outside consultant to tell you running the same towns over and over is going to kill them. This ain't Memphis.

And Mox sucks as a champ. I hadn't really noticed it as much before I started watching all the old stuff but his whole cool guy persona and the way he just tries to bury whoever he's up against when he's on the mic is lame. A good champ will put his opponent over and make it sound like they're in for a hell of a fight but Mox just does the "I'm big and tough and you're a skinny little geek" shit over and over and people keep cheering for him for some reason.

Anyways a little levity for you Pat....You'll never guess who this masked singer is!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaskedSingerFOX/status/1590434309672140800

Ha, Fozzy on Masked Singer.

I saw Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy and Statlander on that Floor is Lava game show. Good on AEW’s marketing team.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #892 on: November 10, 2022, 05:44:47 PM »
Man I just listened to a Cornette podcast where he has the AEW website pulled up and he just goes down the roster from A to Z and decides whether to keep them or dump them. It's really funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV7-vAzokDw

Man he fucking hates anybody that has any relation to Kenny Omega.

Haha I listened to the second part the other day but haven't gotten around to the first part of the list yet. I love some of the juvenile nicknames he has for the guys he hates... I know AEW marks get superbly butthurt about it too which makes it even funnier to me. The hardly boys, twinkletoes mcfingerbang, dwarf dongsucker etc. all tend to get a little pop out of me.

I disagree with the majority of their choices in the second half but there's a few that were pretty close to how I feel. It's crazy that the roster is so big that they had to split it into 2 shows haha.

Do you guys watch botchamania? The last like 4 episodes have all been amazing.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #893 on: November 13, 2022, 06:26:28 PM »
Yes, love Botchamania.   

FYI - Dangerous Breed on Peacock 11/22.  It’s a true crime doc series on Teddy Hart

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #894 on: November 14, 2022, 07:27:32 AM »
Yes, love Botchamania.   

FYI - Dangerous Breed on Peacock 11/22.  It’s a true crime doc series on Teddy Hart

Yeah I saw that. It's been in the works for years now.. I guess it started as like a wrestling reality show kinda thing but then they were like holy shit this guy is actually insane let's make a documentary. I remember reading they tried to shop it to animal planet after the tiger King craze and they said no as soon as they saw him juggling his cats. WWE is involved so I'm sure it's going to be somewhat sanitized or at least nothing negative about them will be shown.

Apparently the infamous moment in the absolutely bonkers best friends shoot interview when he's showing them footage from his camera and they just go silent and look horrified is him showing them raw footage from the reality show hahaha.

https://youtu.be/q3YgpUgQ980

So I've actually done a fair bit of research on the Sam Fiedler stuff (shocker, I know) and it's definitely a wormhole. I don't think he did it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was complicit in some way. He wrestled a match in California the day she disappeared and the last time she was seen was leaving the police station after she was released for trespassing. She was a young mother of 3 who kinda had a pretty rocky past and most signs point to her being a prostitute that Teddy met when he and his wife at the time were running an "escort" service and then brought to Florida where he continued pimping her. There's also some rumors that he was involved in making "chloroform porn" with another indy scumbag and registered sex offender, Chasyn Rance. I feel like that might be somewhat unsubstantiated though as I doubt either of them are smart enough to not leave a ton of digital footprints if they were actively making and distributing illegal porn. Anyways back to the story..

Chasyn is a huge scumbag and was also letting Sam stay with him and was supposedly using the team vision dojo for some pretty fucked up shit. Teddy has told a lot of different stories and tried to distance himself from that time, but apparently some of the period when he was in Florida and she was with him as one of his "girlfriends" was filmed for the doc so that's what has a lot of people interested. The cops did actually check him out and like I said he's got a solid alibi. The cold hard reality is that sex workers go missing all the time and it's often speculated or implied that she had a substance abuse problem as well which further complicated it. There's also her 2 arrests for trespassing in the months before she disappeared.... I never found the full story on that but I did read she was known to be a bit of a loose cannon when she was drinking and speculation that it was maybe a DV situation arising from that. Just like from the outside looking in it seems like she lead a pretty wild life beyond the stuff with Teddy so there's a decent chance that he legitimately had nothing to do with the disappearance but obviously doesn't want all the shit about what could be interpreted as international sex trafficking and very fucking illegal rape porn production getting out.

My assessment from everything I read was that Teddy Hart is absolutely a dangerous scumbag and capable of killing someone... But I genuinely dont think Teddy Hart is capable of killing someone and not trying to use it for attention or otherwise somehow outing himself. I'm curious to see if the documentary sort of comes to the same conclusion. My best guess is we get some interviews of people saying "well he didn't kill her, but he might have introduced her to the people that did" or something to that effect.

Botchamania is the absolute best thing to watch while eating breakfast.

I'm getting into playing some old wrestling games on emulators again. I played through a championship storyline in no mercy yesterday but today I fired up Showdown - Legends of Wrestling for ps2 and despite getting dragged in the reviews it's not too bad. Really huge roster and the controls are a little clunky but kind of a hybrid between the 2k and THQ systems so I picked it up pretty quickly. I'm gonna try the story mode here in a bit.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 07:52:01 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #895 on: November 14, 2022, 08:15:17 AM »
Anyone see Card Subject to Change? It has a whole documentary on Trent Acid.

I loved Wrestling With Shadows. The part with Stu Hart methodically making the student who made fun of him squeal while whispering play by play of how he’s stretching him always makes me laugh.

I really liked Timothy Thatcher’s sadistic Stu Hart gimmick in NXT.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #896 on: November 14, 2022, 04:58:31 PM »
Anyone see Card Subject to Change? It has a whole documentary on Trent Acid.

I loved Wrestling With Shadows. The part with Stu Hart methodically making the student who made fun of him squeal while whispering play by play of how he’s stretching him always makes me laugh.

I really liked Timothy Thatcher’s sadistic Stu Hart gimmick in NXT.

I taped wrestling with shadows when it first aired on A&E and watched it all the time as a young teen. I do Stu Hart impressions to myself to this day and I think most of it goes back to that scene haha. It's the most fun voice to say absolutely rotten shit in. In one of the older OSW reviews they do the Bret vs Owen storyline and describe him as having "cold, dead eyes... like a shark" and the first time I heard that I lost it. Stu Hart stories are always fire too... The one about him making eggs for Dynamite Kid and scooping cat shit up with his spatula then going right back to cooking the eggs is the kind of pro wrestling insanity that keeps me coming back.

Thatcher is great. I see him as kind of a modern Malenko in that he doesn't really care about being a star so much as being a great wrestler and that's really admirable in a way. His match from OTT against Suzuki is one of my favorite indy matches.. The way murder grandpa instantly stops the Thatcher chant by glaring at the crowd is solid gold. Pretty good Kaze Ni Nare too.

https://youtu.be/qRQajztJQ5Q

I've watched some of the other cstc vids but not the Trent Acid one. Stuff about him and Louie and Axl Rotten kinda hits close to home for me so I'm not sure if I would want to. I distinctly remember when I was in my long term rehab program I read about Axl's struggles with heroin so I sent him this long message on Facebook about keeping his head up and not blaming himself and just keep working, it gets better and I'm doing it so can you etc. He never replied and I have no idea if he ever read it but I always liked Balls and Axl (I once paid $15 for ringside seats at a county fair just to watch Axl hit some local jobber with a chair) so it really hurt and deflated me when I found out he passed away, especially since it was not long after my girlfriend did. Sadly I've gotten a ton of practice at dealing with people I know or respect dying from opiate addiction since then, but I still don't really like kicking that hornets nest in my brain if I don't have to.

Super stoked to see the Portland episode of TFTT tomorrow. I even set an alarm on my phone. I think I'm more excited for this one than any since the premiere. I assume they'll do like piper/snuka/ventura segments but I hope they highlight the insanity that is Billy Jack Haynes in some way as well.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #897 on: November 16, 2022, 10:22:45 AM »
ITS WEDNESDAY NIGHT! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!

It means I fell asleep 15 minutes into TFTT last night and I'll make it through about 30 minutes of Dynamite tonight! I always look forward to checking this thread on Thursday mornings to see what I missed.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #898 on: November 16, 2022, 01:15:52 PM »
ITS WEDNESDAY NIGHT! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!

It means I fell asleep 15 minutes into TFTT last night and I'll make it through about 30 minutes of Dynamite tonight! I always look forward to checking this thread on Thursday mornings to see what I missed.

Hahaha I'll try to do a recap but I've been falling asleep going into the second hour lately too. I usually just watch the Fite replay when I wake up at 4am.

TFTT was pretty good. It's worth rewatching, probably my 3rd favorite episode so far although next week is world class which I suspect will be a very strong episode. I hope you at least got to see Bushwacker Luke call Buddy Rose a pussy before you fell asleep. Basically everything with Luke and the Piper and Buddy stories were highlights for me. The one thing I noticed about this one was that it felt like they had to edit around some awkward parts of the conversation, like I feel like Princess Victoria probably went off on a couple tangents (especially about moolah) where they just wanted a line or two and had to try to work it into the story but it felt out of place. It's up on the vice site or watchwrestlingup if you get bored.

Actually looks like a decent card but very promo heavy, which makes sense since the PPV is this weekend. Main event has Sammy so I won't be watching that, but Death Triangle against Dante and Darius Martin and AR Fox is going to be a spotfest and Bandido vs Ethan Page could be really good. I have to think they're gonna put Bandido over considering he just beat Rush but this is Tony we're talking about so who knows. I just hope Bandido doesn't have to fix his mask after every move and bump this time because it quickly became one of those little things I couldn't stop noticing last match.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #899 on: November 16, 2022, 11:41:30 PM »
Regals turning on BCC, right?