Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 40910 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1260 on: March 20, 2023, 07:00:59 AM »
Mox bladed at the house show.   I think I’ve gone so far away from it that I might be coming back around

I hate to say this because it's such a fucking "IWC" thing to think, but I kinda wonder if he's not basically using it like a cutter would to replace the booze. I mean he's always been willing to bleed, but it feels like it didn't get to the "at least once a week" level until after he came back from his break. Didn't he blade his arm at some point too?

I think the only time I've ever thought it was cool for someone to bleed every match was the sandman in ECW and that's because he was hard way-ing himself with a beer can with Metallica blasting through the building and half the time it was just a dribble of blood down the middle of his forehead rather than a full gross congealed crimson mask like Mox is doing. It's kind of weird to me because it's not like he's Abdullah who straight up couldn't do much except bleed... Mox can fucking go so it's actually detracting from all these no build matches rather than adding to them for me. Just because you idolize Onita doesn't mean you have to limit yourself to wrestling like him ya dig?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1261 on: March 20, 2023, 02:29:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Mox bladed at the house show.   I think I’ve gone so far away from it that I might be coming back around
[close]

I hate to say this because it's such a fucking "IWC" thing to think, but I kinda wonder if he's not basically using it like a cutter would to replace the booze. I mean he's always been willing to bleed, but it feels like it didn't get to the "at least once a week" level until after he came back from his break. Didn't he blade his arm at some point too?

I think the only time I've ever thought it was cool for someone to bleed every match was the sandman in ECW and that's because he was hard way-ing himself with a beer can with Metallica blasting through the building and half the time it was just a dribble of blood down the middle of his forehead rather than a full gross congealed crimson mask like Mox is doing. It's kind of weird to me because it's not like he's Abdullah who straight up couldn't do much except bleed... Mox can fucking go so it's actually detracting from all these no build matches rather than adding to them for me. Just because you idolize Onita doesn't mean you have to limit yourself to wrestling like him ya dig?

I totally thought the same thing.   But if your top guy is going to insist on something I’m glad it’s this shit rather than some kind of Hogan/Nash booking bullshit

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1262 on: March 22, 2023, 03:12:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I totally thought the same thing.   But if your top guy is going to insist on something I’m glad it’s this shit rather than some kind of Hogan/Nash booking bullshit

Well, better than Hogan/Nash isn't a very high bar hahaha..
Aside from just the turnoff factor I would be super pissed if I was MJF or Jericho or FTR or other guys who properly save it for the big moments. I feel like the amount of blood on AEW is already a big problem in terms of growing the audience in the same way it was for ECW and it's the kind of thing that I wish TK would just shut down. Show some leadership for once. Blood is one of those unique little things about wrestling that can really enhance certain types of matches so it's particularly annoying to see someone effectively hot shotting it and making it their gimmick.

Watched BTE for the first time in a while and just when I thought I couldn't be more sick of the bucks, one of them pops up wearing a Ron Jon hat and a twenty one pilots shirt.

I've been binging Houston wrestling lately... Gino, Jose Lothario, Brody, Spoiler, Mark Lewin etc plus they always had incredible touring talent. Paul Boesch was the commentator and promoter and was known for having the best paydays so guys were always showing up there. Kinda like Houston's own VKM, except Boesch wasn't evil...quite the opposite actually, he was a decorated war hero who survived Hurtgen forest and by all accounts a good, trustworthy dude. I think hes great on commentary, hes got that classic New York accent and uses words like "wallop" and "clatter" all the time. It's a total anachronism but he just has a load of personality ya know? Here's a fun little contemporary profile.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FvFI12Q0Z4I

Can anyone guess who the kid with long hair sitting ringside next to him is?

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #1263 on: March 22, 2023, 11:20:23 AM »
The Saraya and company NWO bit is so lame. The AEW women’s roster has some great wrestlers that get buried over and over again because of bad booking. Not pursuing the Hayter vs. DMD angle was the dumbest idea. Would’ve gotten Hayter extra over. Their champion is taking a backseat to the painfully lame Saraya vs. DMD story because they mishandled her.

Is it just me or does anybody else groan every time Jeff Jarrett, Jay Lethal, and company come on? I feel like they’re just there to derail anything that actually could be interesting.

Revolution was tight though! Glad House of Black is back at the forefront.

JJ needs to quit. Whenever I see him I just picture that terrible WCW title match where Booker T won the WC title from him & it was just a complete circus.

Looks like we will see the Demon Finn Balor at Wrestlemania. I think this is a solid move & hopefully the Judgement day just stops.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1264 on: March 22, 2023, 11:22:57 AM »
Expand Quote
The Saraya and company NWO bit is so lame. The AEW women’s roster has some great wrestlers that get buried over and over again because of bad booking. Not pursuing the Hayter vs. DMD angle was the dumbest idea. Would’ve gotten Hayter extra over. Their champion is taking a backseat to the painfully lame Saraya vs. DMD story because they mishandled her.

Is it just me or does anybody else groan every time Jeff Jarrett, Jay Lethal, and company come on? I feel like they’re just there to derail anything that actually could be interesting.

[close]

JJ needs to quit. Whenever I see him I just picture that terrible WCW title match where Booker T won the WC title from him & it was just a complete circus.

Looks like we will see the Demon Finn Balor at Wrestlemania. I think this is a solid move & hopefully the Judgement day just stops.

Luckily WWE fans have no memory and won’t recall the damage they did to the demon when he had the match against Roman

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1265 on: March 22, 2023, 01:29:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Luckily WWE fans have no memory and won’t recall the damage they did to the demon when he had the match against Roman

I think it was a flash in the pan.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1266 on: March 22, 2023, 02:03:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think it was a flash in the pan.

Coming back to live from music and then having the turnbuckle mysteriously fall is some all-time bad creative…and the New Day is about to fight Lucha Cinnamon Toast Crunch at WM

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1267 on: March 22, 2023, 08:38:53 PM »
HIJO DEL VIKINGO HOLY HELL

maxpalmerfan

• Rep: -4
  • free max b
« Reply #1268 on: March 22, 2023, 09:14:02 PM »
omega vs vikingo is easily the best dynamite match of the year so far. probably second best aew match of the year behind mjf/danielson at revolution. vikingo is such a breath of fresh air, mind blowing flippy shit but he knows when and how to use it.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1269 on: March 22, 2023, 11:23:10 PM »
Man Omega getting dropped on his head like that made me cringe.  Osprey match and then this and it’s not even the end of March. 

Jeff Cobb up next for him supposedly. 

Ps Omega must be huge.  I saw HDV live this year and he didn’t look as short as he did against Kenny

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1270 on: March 23, 2023, 07:14:28 AM »
Real happy to see Kenny wrestling as a single again, I'm sick of the Young Bucks. That match was awesome and showed perfectly how to do all that shit with taste. Vikingo just looked so damn good doing the flip shit, but also had some good stiff exchanges.

Did Don Callis put the hit on the Bucks to pull Kenny away to be a single again?

Is Don the new leader of BCC?

Sting doing Orange Cassidy's gimmick popped me too. But I didn't like how he no sold hits from the butcher in the opening sequence. You aren't supposed to Hulk up like that until later in the match.

Thigh Blue showing some real talent out there.

Can the Dark Order please please please get a W at some point? If not just break them up already. I think they should have won the trios match last week. They could have had Stu pin Wheely Useless and everything would be fine they could have still jumped them after the match and Mox could still kick Stu's ass in a great match last night. I still don't remember Stu being that great in the ring, and mox didn't blade so that was nice.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1271 on: March 24, 2023, 04:02:35 AM »

Can the Dark Order please please please get a W at some point? If not just break them up already. I think they should have won the trios match last week. They could have had Stu pin Wheely Useless and everything would be fine they could have still jumped them after the match and Mox could still kick Stu's ass in a great match last night. I still don't remember Stu being that great in the ring, and mox didn't blade so that was nice.

Dude that's exactly what I said about last week haha.. If they had let Stu get the pin in Canada the roof would have blown off that place and made DO look stronger than they have in ages. You can still do the exact same afterbirth and story and the only thing that changes is dark order don't look like huge jobbers and the fans get something to cheer for. Love me some Stu man, when I was binging dark and elevation last spring he was a real standout for me. No real gimmick, kinda looks like shit, but boy can he fucking rassle.

Sting doing OC then taking Kip Saballerina's head off was nice. I didn't like the amount of no-selling either, but what the fuck is Butcher's new look? Is he supposed to be a street fighter character or something?

Don't like Top Flight being basically jobbers lately. Those kids are too talented and could use a run like Dantes single push. They need more heel teams, even if they just do the old throw two heels together and squash some jobbers thing.

I'm rooting for the Gunns against FTR. Dax is pretty unlikeable.

Hooks chair shots on the ground were pretty bad. I don't think he even made contact with Stokely.

Had to skip the Adam Cole segment after he did his fake stutter thing. Matt Jackson does it too and once you notice it it's all you hear.

Wheeler Yuta looks like Moxley's little brother that their mom made him bring along.

Thigh Blue is starting to put it together but I'd like to volunteer to help her work on her leg slaps.

Half the audience doesn't buy Riho to begin with, so let's put her with one of our biggest girls and make her carry a weapon that shows just how tiny and unintimidating she really is. Brilliant! Female Marko Stunt for me.

Main event was uneven for me, but it was actually Kenny who I thought was a step behind for once. Little stuff like staring straight up at Vikingo instead of selling felt a bit weird to me,
and the pacing seemed a little messy so I didn't really get fully into it but the high spots were insane. That fakie second rope phoenix splash thing is super cool and the 630 looked way better than when I've seen other guys do it. I got some Rey Rey in the 90s vibes from Vikingo, like he's clearly way ahead of the curve. His shit looked stiff and it seems like there's some steak  behind the sizzle.

I skipped Adam Coles segment and most of the bcc crap. This heel turn feels awkward, especially with Moxley's whole "man of the people" entrance. Should have broken them up when willy reags left.

Not a bad show on a micro level but zooming out some of the booking still feels stale (bcc) or icky (the outcasts).

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1272 on: March 24, 2023, 11:51:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude that's exactly what I said about last week haha.. If they had let Stu get the pin in Canada the roof would have blown off that place and made DO look stronger than they have in ages. You can still do the exact same afterbirth and story and the only thing that changes is dark order don't look like huge jobbers and the fans get something to cheer for. Love me some Stu man, when I was binging dark and elevation last spring he was a real standout for me. No real gimmick, kinda looks like shit, but boy can he fucking rassle.

Sting doing OC then taking Kip Saballerina's head off was nice. I didn't like the amount of no-selling either, but what the fuck is Butcher's new look? Is he supposed to be a street fighter character or something?

Don't like Top Flight being basically jobbers lately. Those kids are too talented and could use a run like Dantes single push. They need more heel teams, even if they just do the old throw two heels together and squash some jobbers thing.

Hooks chair shots on the ground were pretty bad. I don't think he even made contact with Stokely.

Had to skip the Adam Cole segment after he did his fake stutter thing. Matt Jackson does it too and once you notice it it's all you hear.

Wheeler Yuta looks like Moxley's little brother that their mom made him bring along.

Thigh Blue is starting to put it together but I'd like to volunteer to help her work on her leg slaps.

Half the audience doesn't buy Riho to begin with, so let's put her with one of our biggest girls and make her carry a weapon that shows just how tiny and unintimidating she really is. Brilliant! Female Marko Stunt for me.

Main event was uneven for me, but it was actually Kenny who I thought was a step behind for once. Little stuff like staring straight up at Vikingo instead of selling felt a bit weird to me,
and the pacing seemed a little messy so I didn't really get fully into it but the high spots were insane. That fakie second rope phoenix splash thing is super cool and the 630 looked way better than when I've seen other guys do it. I got some Rey Rey in the 90s vibes from Vikingo, like he's clearly way ahead of the curve. His shit looked stiff and it seems like there's some steak  behind the sizzle.

I skipped Adam Coles segment and most of the bcc crap. This heel turn feels awkward, especially with Moxley's whole "man of the people" entrance. Should have broken them up when willy reags left.

Not a bad show on a micro level but zooming out some of the booking still feels stale (bcc) or icky (the outcasts).

immediately thought the same thing about Butcher.   You nailed it with the Street Fighter (im guessing chunky Vega), I was originally thinking Brazilian waiter.   He's had such good looks over his AEW career from the monocle days to the Natural Born Killers all-white.   I have faith in him finding it again.

Cole's segment was good because it showed Daniel Garcia has grown a lot on the mic.   I hope Lee Moriarty gets some more prominence soon. 

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1273 on: March 24, 2023, 01:34:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hook's error with the chair shots were beyond obvious. Whenever I see Hook, I just think of the kids I used to work with at an alternative school. They can't even begin to formulate why they're pissed all of the time.

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1274 on: March 25, 2023, 08:53:26 AM »
Hook looks like he’d fit on FA

Going to wrestlemania! Night 2 only. Don’t think I can physically sit thru both nights. I hope that the demon/edge match is that night

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1275 on: March 25, 2023, 09:38:17 AM »
Hook looks like he’d fit on FA

Going to wrestlemania! Night 2 only. Don’t think I can physically sit thru both nights. I hope that the demon/edge match is that night

Hijo del Vikingo vs Komander for the AAA title at the ROH ppv on Friday has made that the hottest ticket for me this weekend

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1276 on: March 25, 2023, 12:37:34 PM »

Hook's error with the chair shots were beyond obvious. Whenever I see Hook, I just think of the kids I used to work with at an alternative school. They can't even begin to formulate why they're pissed all of the time.

Theres obviously something there with Hook, but he's been booked like Roman for his entire run and Im worried it's doing more harm than good long term. He works like 2 squash matches a month and doesn't cut promos. Damn near every single great wrestler will tell you that they got that way through practice and repetition, so I don't know if he's ever gonna get there until they actually send him out on the road and see if he can hang.

It's funny you mention alternative school cuz in reality he's kind of a stereotypical rich kid - minor celeb father, grew up in one of those rich 98% white communities on long island, played lacrosse, went to Bucknell, can almost guarantee he's never had a real job etc. I don't hold it against him but it's kinda comical to hear people try to make out like he's an actual street fighting badass because his dad is Taz haha.

immediately thought the same thing about Butcher.   You nailed it with the Street Fighter (im guessing chunky Vega), I was originally thinking Brazilian waiter.   He's had such good looks over his AEW career from the monocle days to the Natural Born Killers all-white.   I have faith in him finding it again.

Cole's segment was good because it showed Daniel Garcia has grown a lot on the mic.   I hope Lee Moriarty gets some more prominence soon.

Brazilian waiter kinda works. The little hip scarf thing like Vega was definitely why I thought that but on second thought I might go with the bad guy in a low budget Bloodsport knock-off....one where Frank is played by Rob Van Dam. Butcher does usually have a cool look now that you mention it (blade looks like a male porn star).

I actually always thought Garcia could kinda talk but just usually doesn't have anything of substance to say. When they were doing the Jericho vs BD thing he gave a few promos I liked. He's got the Jey Uso thing where he's a little over-expressive sometimes but I guess it's better than being expressionless.

Might have to watch that ROH match. I wasn't blown away by Komander but Vikingo has my attention.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1277 on: March 25, 2023, 12:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Theres obviously something there with Hook, but he's been booked like Roman for his entire run and Im worried it's doing more harm than good long term. He works like 2 squash matches a month and doesn't cut promos. Damn near every single great wrestler will tell you that they got that way through practice and repetition, so I don't know if he's ever gonna get there until they actually send him out on the road and see if he can hang.

It's funny you mention alternative school cuz in reality he's kind of a stereotypical rich kid - minor celeb father, grew up in one of those rich 98% white communities on long island, played lacrosse, went to Bucknell, can almost guarantee he's never had a real job etc. I don't hold it against him but it's kinda comical to hear people try to make out like he's an actual street fighting badass because his dad is Taz haha.

Expand Quote

[close]

Brazilian waiter kinda works. The little hip scarf thing like Vega was definitely why I thought that but on second thought I might go with the bad guy in a low budget Bloodsport knock-off....one where Frank is played by Rob Van Dam. Butcher does usually have a cool look now that you mention it (blade looks like a male porn star).

I actually always thought Garcia could kinda talk but just usually doesn't have anything of substance to say. When they were doing the Jericho vs BD thing he gave a few promos I liked. He's got the Jey Uso thing where he's a little over-expressive sometimes but I guess it's better than being expressionless.

Might have to watch that ROH match. I wasn't blown away by Komander but Vikingo has my attention.

Butch actually kinda reminds of Franks buddy in Bloodsport hah.

I saw Komander at Battle of Los Angeles and that he stood out to me there.    Insane top rope balance.   

Speaking of ROH card, tight little card:

Samoa Joe (c) vs. Mark Briscoe

Claudio Castagnoli (c) vs. Eddie Kingston

El Hijo del Vikingo (C) vs. Komander

Wheeler Yuta (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Athena (c) vs. Yuka Sakazaki

Lucha Brothers (Penta El Zero Miedo and Rey Fénix) vs. Top Flight (Dante Martin and Darius Martin) vs. The Kingdom (Matt Taven and Mike Bennett) vs. Aussie Open (Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher) vs. La Facción Ingobernable (Rush and Dralístico)

The Embassy (Brian Cage, Kaun, and Toa Liona) (c) (with Prince Nana) vs. AR Fox, Blake Christian and Metalik

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1278 on: March 25, 2023, 05:17:24 PM »
Kenny Vs Jeff Cobb should be good.

I’m missing the ROH ppv and Wrestlemania since I’ll be in Miami then and won’t have time to bother with Peacock.

Also, who else here knows Ed Leslie’s WWE gimmick wasn’t really a barber? 😂

https://youtu.be/VtIrv0LwHmk
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1279 on: March 25, 2023, 06:04:53 PM »

I’m missing the ROH ppv and Wrestlemania since I’ll be in Miami then and won’t have time to bother with Peacock.

Hahah I was starting to look into him (as a Hulk toady/looking for faces that were perhaps risible shoot people) and when exactly the Barbers timeline was and was surprised that the barber part didn’t happen until 3 years after he joined the Fed.   Didn’t quite piece it together that the Beefcake part was signifying male stripper but it’s so obvious now. 

Also, took me far too long to realize he was the Disciple in NWO.  Always thought he had a decent look (as a background guy) and a face I couldn’t place

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1280 on: March 26, 2023, 05:46:29 AM »
This is totally unfair to him but I think part of Komander not really doing much for me is that there's a group of annoying trustafarian slackliners that hang out at the park here. He triggers some unfortunate associations when I see him do his his little yoga breath before he starts the move haha.

Vikingo felt like watching a progressive street part in 93 or something. Part of me wants to see him vs Jack Cartwheel vs ninja Mac and just see how many rpms (revolutions per match) they hit, but he seems to be good enough to be in the Ospreay/Omega/Penta/Fenix/Bandido full package tier where he's figured out the flips need to mean something. It actually looks like his flips make the move more impactful too.. When he did that table spot he looked like Sonic the hedgehog and I half expected to see gold coins go flying everywhere.

Actually turned on Sat night Rampage and they gave away the match I wanted to see (penta vs Hobbs) first. Obviously Hobbs was winning but I'm glad it wasn't clean at least. The pacing on that show is so weird to me, they had Hager vs Brody (which felt like it could go either way) in the middle of the show and then the main event was the acclaimed vs that's so taven (I like my name better than yet another "the noun" group) which was basically a squash.

That ROH card looks decent. Joe vs Briscoe should be fun.. I feel like Joe is going to insist on putting Mark over regardless of what the booking is but since he vacated the tag belts I bet he's getting a singles run. The ladder match should be good too, I kinda hope Top Flight gets some gold but I'd settle for LB.
Eddie vs Claudio I would like to see Eddie win but they've been so hesitant to pull the trigger on him and he hasn't looked great the last few times I've seen him wrestle so who knows what they'll actually do..

Don't really care about the women's match but I'll probably watch it because Athena can go. I'll be skipping the wheely match though

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1281 on: March 26, 2023, 06:18:37 AM »

There's plenty of wm streams out there if you Google it. Pm me if you have trouble finding one, but mania is something even regular sports streamers usually cover. Ill probably watch it just for the bloodline stuff and to see Choady.

Cobb vs Omega should be killer. Huge fan of Cobb ever since LU (Matanza was one of the best booked monsters since Kane in my opinion) and I hope they put on a show. They wrestled a tag a few months ago in NJPW and it was pretty good, so hopefully this one is the same.

That Brutus clip is great, definitely doesn't help those old rumors about him and Hogan haha. Wrestling was so cheesy and homoerotic in the 80s and it's so much fun to watch now haha. I love shit like this.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1282 on: March 26, 2023, 08:23:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There's plenty of wm streams out there if you Google it. Pm me if you have trouble finding one, but mania is something even regular sports streamers usually cover. Ill probably watch it just for the bloodline stuff and to see Choady.

Cobb vs Omega should be killer. Huge fan of Cobb ever since LU (Matanza was one of the best booked monsters since Kane in my opinion) and I hope they put on a show. They wrestled a tag a few months ago in NJPW and it was pretty good, so hopefully this one is the same.

That Brutus clip is great, definitely doesn't help those old rumors about him and Hogan haha. Wrestling was so cheesy and homoerotic in the 80s and it's so much fun to watch now haha. I love shit like this.

https://youtu.be/p68w3BESrEA

Also, Dalton Castle & The Boys Vs BCC on Wednesday.

I usually suspect that matches that seem like they’d be that kind of massacre tend to have some kind of swerve planned like when the FBI beat the Gangstanators back in the day.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 08:31:50 AM by PatrickSkateman »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1283 on: March 26, 2023, 06:21:47 PM »
Randy Orton return at Mania.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1284 on: March 27, 2023, 03:03:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

https://youtu.be/p68w3BESrEA

Also, Dalton Castle & The Boys Vs BCC on Wednesday.

I usually suspect that matches that seem like they’d be that kind of massacre tend to have some kind of swerve planned like when the FBI beat the Gangstanators back in the day.

Im fucking crying laughing. Oh my god. Hogan talking about his kids turning him on turned out to be way too true. Wendy Richter looked like she was not amused by mean Gene laughing at her. They really did treat her like shit huh?

Im so glad we got a Von Erich clip in there too, world class and Memphis were both kind of hotbeds of homoeroticism. There's an old Fantastics video where they're like sweatily working out and prancing around the pool in speedos. Just a couple of oiled up muscle bros in banana hammocks hanging out, confusing the shit out of 10% of the boys watching. All those weird YouTube channels and comments kinda make sense when you put it in perspective haha.

Dude if they put Dalton & the boys over BCC I would lose my mind. I'd probably even quit talking shit about the booking for at least a few weeks. There's absolutely zero chance though, everything I've seen points to Tony not really liking them and he's desperately trying to get BCC over as heels. I think at most Dalton will bangarang someone then BCC will cheat somehow, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a squash where they throw stupid elbows and posed submissions after the bell.

BCC are two of Tonys favorite toys that he stood in line and paid more than retail for and Dalton & the boys are a walmart discount bin afterthought that he doesn't appreciate. It took a minor fan campaign to get them back on TV despite the fact he always gets an oversized pop, so I really think he just doesn't get it. Actually now that I think about it I don't think they're even officially "all elite" which is so stupid considering I'm pretty sure AR fox and dralistico and the guy who looks like he passed out drunk and his friends drew all over his face with marker all got graphics. Dalton is like custom made for this audience and has had multiple bangers yet he's still AEW flow lol.

If this was Heyman booking I would be more hopeful but I feel like the last year of AEW has been a fair amount of Tony repeating the old VKM "you like what I say you like" trope, especially with the undercard. I remember him thinking that the butt thrusters or whatever they were called were going to get over huge because he didn't understand that most people can't relate to and don't want to see an ultra rich kid gimmick like he does.

Man I need to go back and watch some Gangstanators stuff...that was like right when I went full on 13 year old mark and started wearing ECW shirts to school and buying/trading tapes so like Fall/winter 97 I'm thinking. Kronus was so fucking cool and ahead of his time, he doesn't get nearly enough love but a guy that size doing 450s would be insane even by today's standards. I always wanted him in the n64 WCW games so I could do my dream tag team of him and Mortis.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1285 on: March 27, 2023, 10:16:12 PM »
Isnt is as simple as DC is ROH talent so it doesn’t hurt them to eat a pin? 

Khan is stoked on him, he’s given him a lot of national tv time since he’s purchased it and why not feature the team again where the loss wouldn’t damage their lustre.   Its not like this is happening on YouTube

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1286 on: March 28, 2023, 03:38:16 AM »
Cody Rhodes with a win over Solo Sikoa last night. First time in awhile I said “wow” out loud. Certainly thought it would have ended in a DQ.

Gunther squash match was a nice little bonus. Wild that Dolph Ziggler is the new squash guy.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1287 on: March 28, 2023, 04:01:12 AM »
Cody Rhodes with a win over Solo Sikoa last night. First time in awhile I said “wow” out loud. Certainly thought it would have ended in a DQ.

Gunther squash match was a nice little bonus. Wild that Dolph Ziggler is the new squash guy.

Yeah a little surprised at Solo too.   Very un-WWE booking.   Almost makes you think Cody’s not coming away with the win at WM

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1288 on: March 29, 2023, 07:18:17 PM »
Garcia vs Tanahashi added to ROH card

He’d never do it, but I’d love for Goldberg to be MJF’s big Jewish muscle

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal