Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 51254 times)

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #2310 on: May 29, 2024, 07:37:29 PM »
AEW Dynamite tonight: 10/10

Forbidden Door qualifier match won by Ospreay was insane.

Love that Okada’s promos always involve him calling someone or the audience “bitch(es)”. Hilarious.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2311 on: May 30, 2024, 07:07:13 AM »
I’m curious if Swerve will be buried by Ospreay…..
It seems like Khan wants his investment(s) to pay off quickly. Hence the clear as day mirroring of Rhodes VS Paul with Swerve VS Ospreay.

As far as the TNT title, it needs to be put on Brody King  (if he stays in AEW). A Jack Perry run just feels boring.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 10:07:52 AM by Mr. Kamikazi »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2312 on: June 01, 2024, 07:50:33 AM »
Styles & Rhodes PT 2

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 603
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2313 on: June 01, 2024, 09:44:47 AM »

Me too. Ospreay has to lose sometime and this could be the moment if the match is good enough but it would be weird to stop his momentum like that. Giving him a world title shot when he has the International Championship feels funky too.

I saw Danhausen at a hardcore show last night and wanted to say hello but chickened out. Brody King’s band is playing today as well.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #2314 on: June 01, 2024, 10:20:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Me too. Ospreay has to lose sometime and this could be the moment if the match is good enough but it would be weird to stop his momentum like that. Giving him a world title shot when he has the International Championship feels funky too.

I saw Danhausen at a hardcore show last night and wanted to say hello but chickened out. Brody King’s band is playing today as well.

If timing works out…imagine Ricochet interfering to screw Osprey and set up that feud.    His contract is up soon and Osprey has been talking him up in the press

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2315 on: June 01, 2024, 06:59:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If timing works out…imagine Ricochet interfering to screw Osprey and set up that feud.    His contract is up soon and Osprey has been talking him up in the press

Maybe I’d like Ricochet if this happened. His time in WWE has been uninteresting to say the least. Ricochet can go to AEW & WWE can get Malakai, Buddy & Starks.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2316 on: June 01, 2024, 07:26:41 PM »
Ospreay VS O’Reilly was great. Knew Ospreay would retain but great back & forth & Ospreay got worked. O’Reilly needs a singles bet ASAP.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2317 on: June 01, 2024, 07:52:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Maybe I’d like Ricochet if this happened. His time in WWE has been uninteresting to say the least. Ricochet can go to AEW & WWE can get Malakai, Buddy & Starks.

Did you like him in NXT?

I just fear Malakai and Buddy getting the Andrade treatment of going back and getting stuck on the Speed show.   Buddy never got much respect in the first place and Malakai feels like he’d be redundant with the Uncle Howdy group starting up

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2318 on: June 02, 2024, 09:36:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Did you like him in NXT?

I just fear Malakai and Buddy getting the Andrade treatment of going back and getting stuck on the Speed show.   Buddy never got much respect in the first place and Malakai feels like he’d be redundant with the Uncle Howdy group starting up

I did & it was good but I always felt like something was missing. It’s honestly just an opinion on my end. I mean even the crowd seems a tad uninterested besides his couple of “viral” moments.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2319 on: June 04, 2024, 10:26:54 AM »
None of Ricochet's best work is with WWE.

Aside from his banger with Velveteen Dream, you gotta watch him in Lucha Underground to really see what he can do.

Would be interested to see him in AEW, but he would still be a mid card guy just throwing up banger matches with no good storyline because his character just isn't super interesting.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2320 on: June 04, 2024, 10:46:31 AM »
None of Ricochet's best work is with WWE.

Aside from his banger with Velveteen Dream, you gotta watch him in Lucha Underground to really see what he can do.

Would be interested to see him in AEW, but he would still be a mid card guy just throwing up banger matches with no good storyline because his character just isn't super interesting.

I’ve seen his match with Osprey in NJPW which I think is his highest point.   

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2321 on: June 05, 2024, 11:20:00 AM »
I just don’t think Ricochet has the personality, etc. It just feels like something is missing. He had a pretty decent NXT run but it felt like he was rushed or sort of thrown into this prodigy category which I don’t think is the case.

I wish JD would partner with Finn & help him dethrone Priest……

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2322 on: June 06, 2024, 06:38:07 PM »
Rush is sick. Hopefully he is pushed soon. Happy to see he came out to tease a match with MJF.

MJF being back is pure gold. His promo in the opening of Dynamite was perfect.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2323 on: June 09, 2024, 06:40:34 AM »
Ricochet gave the WWE his notice. Makes sense & curious to see where he goes. Personally Ricochet never did anything for me besides be the guy who lost to Gunther so he could be the greatest IC champ of all time…

Really hoping Gable stays put. Him going elsewhere would be a shame. If he loses to Zayne at Clash at the Castle, I can’t see what WWE will ultimately do with him…..

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #2324 on: June 09, 2024, 08:15:37 AM »
I enjoyed Richochet’s run, he was underutilized but when he was used right he was so engaging. Will never forget that segment with VD where he does the flip out of the ring and lands on his feet.

I’m hoping he’s more of a journeyman instead of going to AEW. AEW is way too stacked rn and he’ll end up not being seen for months at a time, which is worse than what’s happening to him now. Maybe go to NJPW, pop thru AEW for a coffee, go to AAA. Just really go wherever

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -251
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2325 on: June 09, 2024, 08:29:51 AM »
I enjoyed Richochet’s run, he was underutilized but when he was used right he was so engaging. Will never forget that segment with VD where he does the flip out of the ring and lands on his feet.

I’m hoping he’s more of a journeyman instead of going to AEW. AEW is way too stacked rn and he’ll end up not being seen for months at a time, which is worse than what’s happening to him now. Maybe go to NJPW, pop thru AEW for a coffee, go to AAA. Just really go wherever

I wonder if this means Samantha Irvin will leave soon.

Side note, love that Ricochet’s an Eagles fan.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #2326 on: June 09, 2024, 08:38:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If that bald little man is the reason Samantha leaves I’ll take back every positive word I said about him. I know they’re dating, whatever, but he better not influence her  >:(

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2327 on: June 09, 2024, 12:45:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s be insane. She’s made a real name for herself while Ricochet is not quite there…….

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2328 on: June 09, 2024, 12:51:26 PM »
Don’t know why people think that Irwin would leave.    Plenty of AEW men have Fed Women

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -251
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2329 on: June 09, 2024, 02:27:46 PM »
Don’t know why people think that Irwin would leave.    Plenty of AEW men have Fed Women

And they’re all going back.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #2330 on: June 09, 2024, 06:01:07 PM »
Ricochet needs to put the mask back on.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2331 on: June 10, 2024, 05:13:08 AM »
Ricochet needs to put the mask back on.

I concur

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2332 on: June 10, 2024, 06:31:08 AM »
Hopefully Penta headed to WWE. Very hopeful for that. He’s peaked in AEW as a high end Jobber & a trios champ.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2333 on: June 10, 2024, 09:16:53 AM »
Prince Puma or leave.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2334 on: June 10, 2024, 10:31:21 AM »
Hopefully Penta headed to WWE. Very hopeful for that. He’s peaked in AEW as a high end Jobber & a trios champ.

I don’t think he’s going to become a big singles champ in the Fed.    They already literally have more Latino wrestlers than they know what to do with

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 603
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2335 on: June 10, 2024, 01:04:26 PM »
I don’t know if any of you read The Hard Times/Hard Drive but I write for them on occasion and they published this ECW bit I wrote.

https://hard-drive.net/hd/entertainment/we-visited-a-pennsylvania-state-penitentiary-to-meet-the-one-woman-who-attended-ecw-one-night-stand-2005/

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2336 on: June 10, 2024, 03:39:30 PM »
I don’t know if any of you read The Hard Times/Hard Drive but I write for them on occasion and they published this ECW bit I wrote.

https://hard-drive.net/hd/entertainment/we-visited-a-pennsylvania-state-penitentiary-to-meet-the-one-woman-who-attended-ecw-one-night-stand-2005/

Awesome.  Didn’t know you did that.   Will give it a read

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2337 on: June 10, 2024, 07:16:22 PM »
Dragunov VS Bron was a 5 star match in my book. Felt like an Iron Man Match. Breakker won but it was ppv quality as Dragunov taking four appears until it was over was wild & the chemistry between these two just embodies what wrestling is without flashiness & nonsense.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 02:44:00 AM by Mr. Kamikazi »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2338 on: June 10, 2024, 07:18:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t think he’s going to become a big singles champ in the Fed.    They already literally have more Latino wrestlers than they know what to do with

I could see him getting into NXT & being the North American Champ. Gunther stated Penta has the hardest hit in the game so I’d love to see it in “the Fed” instead of him being wasted on Rampage. Another trios run for him would be beyond boring.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2339 on: June 10, 2024, 08:34:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I could see him getting into NXT & being the North American Champ. Gunther stated Penta has the hardest hit in the game so I’d love to see it in “the Fed” instead of him being wasted on Rampage. Another trios run for him would be beyond boring.

Why do you keep calling him a trios wrestler?  He’s more known as a tag wrestler with Lucha Bros, but Penta had to pivot bc of Fenix getting hurt. 

I also don’t see a 38 y/o life time wrestler winning the middle belt in the fed’s developmental brand the achievement you do or that NXT is an acceptable place for a Penta or an Okada to go to.