Author Topic: Daan on homophobia  (Read 65366 times)

Jud Nestorkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
Re: Daan on homophobia
« Reply #330 on: August 07, 2021, 11:49:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Oh yeah, even though there's hetero sex literally everywhere (Movies, TV shows, billboards, commercials, radio, magazines) etc... It's the LGBT that want to shove their agenda down your throat.
[close]

I don’t think they want to, it’s just highly fashionable, like going green. Plenty of anti BLM people of color, plenty of LGBTQ+ folks over overt representation, so much that it almost becomes an advert. Really, who tf cares how dude thinks, and who he follows. Half the country voted for the dude, there’s a foreign kid who follows him and his son, now we should hate him? Tolerance means just that. Love when fools speak out against intolerance with more intolerance. Shits a comedy.
I was being sarcastic.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #331 on: August 07, 2021, 01:33:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[quote autho

r=Swithflip link=topic=117994.msg3614089#msg3614089 date=1628283670]
When the white american guy kelled his friend for drive drunk dudes here said, 'I hope he back on skating soon", "Im glad he is backin at skating".

This was a shit post, but cmon, call him homophobic and try to cancel his career is an activism wich need to stop. In internet days is pretty ease to be an activist, but in real life what are you doing for LGBTQ+ community? A lot of them are homelesses and and whore themselves.
[close]

Dude, fuck you.
[close]

Thats why I love Foucault, He said its all about It's all about power.

microphysics of power
[close]

foucault was gay breh
[close]

Dude thats why I quoted him.  And he suffered a lot of critics from feminists groups.

95% sure he’d disagree with your assessment that a lot of gay people are “homelesses and whore themselves”
[/quote]

If you cant see this reality you dont live in this world. A lot of queer people lives in marginal life, because problems with their parents and dificuts to find jobs. Foucault would agree with me cause hes not this type of militant. Hes a Nietzsche disciple.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2550
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #332 on: August 07, 2021, 01:47:47 PM »
No chance that he's explicitly coming from this perspective, but the more any kind of messaging is cynically used by companies or other organizations in order to come across as "acceptable", the more repellent it will be to people who have any sense of how it's being used.

I mean, if pinkwashing turns you off equal rights for LGBTQ, then maybe you didn't care about them that much anyway?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #333 on: August 07, 2021, 02:47:02 PM »
No chance that he's explicitly coming from this perspective, but the more any kind of messaging is cynically used by companies or other organizations in order to come across as "acceptable", the more repellent it will be to people who have any sense of how it's being used.

Example:

https://twitter.com/kmaureenryder/status/1401262945619918854

"Tim and Glenn talk about the new gay movement, and how it's not fun to be gay anymore."

Glenn Greenwald and his weird reactionary friend are probably the worst people you could bring up as an opponent of rainbow capitalism lol.

The queer/gay/LGBTIA+ movement(s) have ALWAYS had conflict between their assimilationist and liberationist elements. That is the secondary history of the Stonewall Inn that a lot of people don't know about. These dudes are dishonest or ignorant to suggest that this is somehow "new."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 02:55:55 PM by eraserheadfuckers »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #334 on: August 07, 2021, 02:54:22 PM »
Daan an incel confirmed

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
« Reply #335 on: August 07, 2021, 03:09:52 PM »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #336 on: August 07, 2021, 03:34:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[quote autho

When the white american guy kelled his friend for drive drunk dudes here said, 'I hope he back on skating soon", "Im glad he is backin at skating".

This was a shit post, but cmon, call him homophobic and try to cancel his career is an activism wich need to stop. In internet days is pretty ease to be an activist, but in real life what are you doing for LGBTQ+ community? A lot of them are homelesses and and whore themselves.
[close]

Dude, fuck you.
[close]

microphysics of power
[close]

foucault was gay breh
[close]

Dude thats why I quoted him.  And he suffered a lot of critics from feminists groups.
[close]

95% sure he’d disagree with your assessment that a lot of gay people are “homelesses and whore themselves”

If you cant see this reality you dont live in this world. A lot of queer people lives in marginal life, because problems with their parents and dificuts to find jobs. Foucault would agree with me cause hes not this type of militant. Hes a Nietzsche disciple.
[/quote]

i’m from a city and have been around queer spaces since my early teens.. i still think foucault would call you a dumbshit

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #337 on: August 07, 2021, 03:47:21 PM »
Expand Quote
This! I see tons of heterosexual “propaganda” everyday
[close]

Can you give me an example of this? I'm generally interested as to what people see as propaganda.

I'd also like Daan to tell me what he sees as propaganda.

Axe body spray

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #338 on: August 07, 2021, 04:23:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[quote autho

[close]

Dude, fuck you.
[close]

microphysics of power
[close]

foucault was gay breh
[close]

[close]

[close]

i’m from a city and have been around queer spaces since my early teens.. i still think foucault would call you a dumbshit
[/quote]

Its because you know nothing about philosophers.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #339 on: August 07, 2021, 05:06:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[quote autho

[close]

Dude, fuck you.
[close]

microphysics of power
[close]

foucault was gay breh
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[/quote]

if you think any of foucault’s theories of power and panopticon etc have to do with queer people being homeless im afraid you’re illiterate :(

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #340 on: August 07, 2021, 05:07:26 PM »
12 pages about some stupid Instagram post  ;D go slap, you can do more! 100 pages until next week, go go go!!!!

I was thinking the same thing.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #341 on: August 07, 2021, 06:09:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Daamn I thought he was a lot cooler than this. Definitely seems to be the type of dude to have all kinds of weird "free thinking" beliefs that include conspiracy theories and aren't tied to any real philosophy other than "fuck you I won't do what you tell me!"

Claiming he's not homophobic and posting this meme are actions that are in direct conflict with one another. I'm sure he has more contradictory opinions tied up in the mysterious web that is Daan's mind. He sees through all this bullshit propaganda...
[close]

Exactly the vibes, seriously disappointed because when dude first burst onto the scene I thought he was the future. Seriously talented skateboarder, seriously huge dumbass.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #342 on: August 07, 2021, 07:24:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Daamn I thought he was a lot cooler than this. Definitely seems to be the type of dude to have all kinds of weird "free thinking" beliefs that include conspiracy theories and aren't tied to any real philosophy other than "fuck you I won't do what you tell me!"

Claiming he's not homophobic and posting this meme are actions that are in direct conflict with one another. I'm sure he has more contradictory opinions tied up in the mysterious web that is Daan's mind. He sees through all this bullshit propaganda...
[close]

[close]

Exactly the vibes, seriously disappointed because when dude first burst onto the scene I thought he was the future. Seriously talented skateboarder, seriously huge dumbass.

That could be anyone

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #343 on: August 07, 2021, 07:35:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That could be anyone

Your local dumbass doesn't skate like this dude, trust

Edit: but I definitely see what you're saying lmao
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 07:43:02 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #344 on: August 07, 2021, 11:20:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Oh yeah, even though there's hetero sex literally everywhere (Movies, TV shows, billboards, commercials, radio, magazines) etc... It's the LGBT that want to shove their agenda down your throat.
[close]

I don’t think they want to, it’s just highly fashionable, like going green. Plenty of anti BLM people of color, plenty of LGBTQ+ folks over overt representation, so much that it almost becomes an advert. Really, who tf cares how dude thinks, and who he follows. Half the country voted for the dude, there’s a foreign kid who follows him and his son, now we should hate him? Tolerance means just that. Love when fools speak out against intolerance with more intolerance. Shits a comedy.

Christ, you’re dense

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2021, 12:13:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[quote autho

[close]

Dude, fuck you.
[close]

microphysics of power
[close]

foucault was gay breh
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[/quote]

Why do you keep deflecting to a known philosopher in an attempt make up for your own lack of intelligence or to explain this..

"A lot of them are homelesses and and whore themselves" re:LGBTQ+

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #346 on: August 08, 2021, 08:08:43 AM »
12 pages about some stupid Instagram post  ;D go slap, you can do more! 100 pages until next week, go go go!!!!

because giving skaters passes in the past has turned out awesome. would you like to cancel another wetbrain euro skater now or later?

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #347 on: August 08, 2021, 08:55:46 AM »
I didn't read the whole thread but I think he's a PSV football club Eindhoven (soccer) fanboy and they are always quick (like most "Ultra" sides in Europe) to call anything or anyone even remotely unlike themselves "gay" or in Dutch "homo", and specifically in Holland use "kanker" ('cancer') as a derogatry adjective and "Jews" for Ajax (Amsterdam football club), since Ajax was a very jewish club when it was started and still is in many ways.
Ajax supporters use the nickname "Jews" sort of as a badge of honor btw.

For instance somebody can say "that fucking cancer Jew from Ajax is a cancer homo" in the stadium  and nobody around would bat an eye. They also just to sing a lot of stuff but they get fines know. (When one coach' wife died of cancer whole stadiums were singing "Louis van Gaal has a cancer wife" just a few days later).

Now I'm not saying Daan is doing any of this but I seen posts of him supporting PSV a few times and considering how accepted homophobia is in soccer I would be surprised if he thinks this is normal in society. He doesn't strike me as the sharpest knive in the drawer.

Personally I think it's a dumb post/meme that is not even funny (the right can't meme, as they say on a different social platform) and a dick move towards queer team mates and fans (as well as short sighted if he wants to keep those sweet coorporate bucks coming in.)

I love his skating and he should go out and film that SOTY part he still has in him.

Magnolia

• Rep: 436
  • She/They
« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2021, 09:29:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

because giving skaters passes in the past has turned out awesome. would you like to cancel another wetbrain euro skater now or later?
[close]

i dont want to cancel anyone, we should cancel this whole cancel culture which is amazingly stupid.
so people shouldn't face the consequences of their actions?
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2021, 09:30:46 AM »
Maybe the hellride crew rubbed off on him

formeitscrazylike_

• Rep: 4
« Reply #350 on: August 08, 2021, 09:39:34 AM »
So hey, can you guys tell me if he’s cancelled fully? You are powerful and influential in skateboarding and I need help deciding if I should unfollow him on IG or not?

Is he is cancelled, how long until he’s ok to like again? I notice you guys aren’t outraged about K Walks anymore. is that like, 14 months probation or what?

correct. they are both fully cancelled.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #351 on: August 08, 2021, 09:49:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i dont want to cancel anyone, we should cancel this whole cancel culture which is amazingly stupid.

"cancel culture" is a right-wing propaganda term, which i agree, is amazingly stupid

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #352 on: August 08, 2021, 09:56:58 AM »
I always thought it was odd that BA specifically said Daan’s name at the end of this post. Maybe this isn’t an isolated IG issue

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #353 on: August 08, 2021, 09:58:41 AM »

Ok, so what do we do when K Walks part comes out tomorrow? Can someone start a thread reminding us that we heard second hand that he sang the N word and that he is cancelled even though we hate on Nakel who revealed it?

Just trying to unpack all this.

depends, did kwalks apologize like a man by acknowledging that he did something wrong and offering not to make the same mistakeever again?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #354 on: August 08, 2021, 10:00:10 AM »
I always thought it was odd that BA specifically said Daan’s name at the end of this post. Maybe this isn’t an isolated IG issue

Love you too Daan (even though .....)

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2550
« Reply #355 on: August 08, 2021, 10:05:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

dude, chill the fuck down, he just posted something on IG that you dont agree with, he didnt do any harm to anyone

Why are you ok with homophobic memes?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #356 on: August 08, 2021, 10:06:03 AM »

something tells me that was a subtle jab. 

I've said it before, I partied with Daan one time and he was the most annoying human being I've ever met

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #357 on: August 08, 2021, 10:44:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

dude, chill the fuck down, he just posted something on IG that you dont agree with, he didnt do any harm to anyone
[close]

Why are you ok with homophobic memes?
[close]
im not ok with homiphobia but this meme is not homphobic, its not offending gay people. you are taking it way to serious. his team mate BA didnt react to his mem but strangers from slap knows better and try to "cancel" him. pathetic.

So being annoyed that gay people visibly exist to the extent of sharing your little sentiment on social media isn't homophobic?

Also, homiphobia is equally bad. You're supposed to love the homies.

pro club blanks

« Reply #358 on: August 08, 2021, 10:50:46 AM »

Definitely, even beyond the pertinent issue of dirty daans problematic attitude in this instance you have to consider how lame of an individual someone has to be to rub BA who happens to be one of the most easygoing, kind and thoughtful people in skateboarding, the wrong way

Like dude doesnt really do shit like that subliminal in that post at all

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #359 on: August 08, 2021, 10:58:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ok, so what do we do when K Walks part comes out tomorrow? Can someone start a thread reminding us that we heard second hand that he sang the N word and that he is cancelled even though we hate on Nakel who revealed it?

Just trying to unpack all this.
[close]

depends, did kwalks apologize like a man by acknowledging that he did something wrong and offering not to make the same mistakeever again?
[close]

I don't know. I just do what you guys say.

cool, in that case, hit your hand really really hard with a hammer