Author Topic: Daan on homophobia  (Read 65371 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: Daan on homophobia
« Reply #420 on: August 08, 2021, 10:33:56 PM »
can you dorks 100% shut up already

foureyedjim

« Reply #421 on: August 08, 2021, 10:51:23 PM »

There's obviously some truth to this, but it's not likely "asking nicely" to avoid saying offensive things about marginalized groups has really worked out great for them so far. 

People complain about cancel culture, but they put too much onus on the offended to create change in the way that they feel is "correct."  Same with protests, it's always "this is not the way to do it," or "this is not the time or place for that."  But really I think they would rather not have to worry about these issues at all. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #422 on: August 08, 2021, 11:01:16 PM »
Do you guys ever like, stop the homophobes and racists and abusers directly around you in your towns and jobs and families? Or just do it from afar here on Slap based on what you see on Instagram?
nice logical fallacy!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
« Reply #423 on: August 08, 2021, 11:02:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am so glad that SLAP is the power of attorney for skateboarding. they need to get a hold of the manager of skateboarding and Fucking fire Daan he wasn’t doing his job well. Next time instead of Propaganda he needs to put Agenda on that meme..Good job you guys on the double standard name-calling keep it up. The incels of skateboarding are doing Gods handy work. High-fives for everyone!!!! Good job you guys thanks for putting in the overtime on this one
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Long time lurker & 55th poster. 100% skateboarder.
Why are you here?
[close]

Just curious if you have a pie chart to back up this statement or you’re just going off your own perception?

what does a 75% skater look like? 43%?

(Ex. Kevin is a 65% skater. He can do some
Basic flip tricks consistently, can name everyone on thps, wears thrasher and has atleast one skateboard movie at home)
[close]

for example thats how 100% look like
[close]
Ah yes, the guy that literally committed a hate crime by participating in killing someone for being gay
[close]
Whoa that’s where I draw the line J Adams died in prison for killing a gay guy? I thought he had a heart attack in Mexico…seriously what he are you saying? he killed somebody and he walked free? I don’t get it!
[close]
He probably should’ve died in prison instead of getting a lighter sentence
https://www.vice.com/en/article/jmbbk3/maybe-we-shouldnt-be-so-sentimental-about-a-gay-bashing-skateboarder-658
[close]

Didn't know this about J. Really fucking disappointing to read. Just checked out his RIP thread from when he passed and was equally disappointed by all the dumbasses defending him on there. Thanks for bringing light to it for those of us who weren't aware
[close]
Stacey Peralta doesn’t come off great trying to say it wasn’t about the dude being gay. Maybe Stacey is one of the dudes on here asking stupid questions and suggesting we can’t really tell if Daan is a homophobe
[close]

maybe instead of making 15 pages bullshit thread you should ask Daan himself whether he is homophobe or not.

I kinda did, he hasn’t responded.

Actually I specifically asked him if he considered the 95% of heterosexual media as being straight propaganda towards gay people.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #424 on: August 09, 2021, 01:15:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Malcom X and The Unabomber bother said liberalism will be the downfall of America.
[close]

american younger generation turning to the far left and communism eventualy will be the downfall of america

one can only hope

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -214
« Reply #425 on: August 09, 2021, 01:58:58 AM »
Tom Hanks killed Isaac Kappy.

Chet Hanks promised a white boy summer, Daan should be stoked

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #426 on: August 09, 2021, 04:15:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Malcom X and The Unabomber bother said liberalism will be the downfall of America.
[close]

american younger generation turning to the far left and communism eventualy will be the downfall of america

Insh'Allah

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #427 on: August 09, 2021, 04:26:22 AM »
Kids **users with less than 50 posts** say the darndest things

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #428 on: August 09, 2021, 04:51:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

**users with over *arbitrary number* of posts** are gatekeepers.

we all have other accounts. All of us.

Using an alt account on slap is pretty rough. Do you care about your karma or something?

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #429 on: August 09, 2021, 04:57:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Omg hahaha does speaking for other people make u feel better???

Fyi this is my only account.

To the fucktards who say “you wouldn’t stick up for yourself in real life” come to Rochester ny skatepark and say some racist or homophobic shit in front of me. Only 1 way to find out 4 real cum knock me out

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #430 on: August 09, 2021, 05:02:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

To the fucktards who say “you wouldn’t stick up for yourself in real life” come to Rochester ny skatepark and say some racist or homophobic shit in front of me. Only 1 way to find out 4 real cum knock me out
Please tell me you'll be the guy wearing nigel's pro shoe and an ankle bracelet
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Banging in the Slammer

« Reply #431 on: August 09, 2021, 05:05:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Using an alt account on slap is pretty rough. Do you care about your karma or something?
[close]

but you do it on reddit so why not here?

I don't not care about karma, rep, number of posts, number of replies, etc.

You’re making a lot of weird assumptions. You need to go outside and talk to a real person. This can’t be good for your mental health. You read as someone who needs LGBT people to be less than, so you can go around with a chip on your shoulder like you accomplished something

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #432 on: August 09, 2021, 05:05:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Please tell me you'll be the guy wearing nigel's pro shoe and an ankle bracelet

Gotchu, I’ll be the guy wearing nyjahs pro model dc shoe and a pardox grip tape energy balance ankle bracelet

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #433 on: August 09, 2021, 05:33:53 AM »
I saw a commercial where a ritz cracker popped out ass cheeks and started twerking. Never been more turned on in my life.

In like the 1930s corporations realized sex sells more than information. People are more prone to remember (and want) sexual imagery, and then can sub consciously correlate the feeling of sex with the brand/product. It’s pretty fucked up and wayyy more complex than just described. If daan wants something to be upset about…..

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: August 09, 2021, 05:36:13 AM »
Tbh I’m with the corporations.

Who wants to see a 2 minute commercial of my grandma listing off the nutritional value of ritz crackers. I wanna see some dicks and titties

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #435 on: August 09, 2021, 05:44:24 AM »

You've definitely just heard this somewhere and you're parroting it without understanding the nature of his comments or the context. I see what you're saying - this is all armchair liberalism that won't amount to anything more than a few privileged people patting themselves on the back for destroying liberties and censoring a white guy. If you were to use Malcolm's quote properly, you'd say something like "let the LGBTQ people decide how to lead their revolution, not some straight liberal trying to control them."

I urge you to reread earlier pages where LGBTQ skaters weighed in and made informative posts. Those posts amount to so much more than "casting judgement" or "throwing stones," despite what @Sleazy thinks is happening here. Other people have tried to explain, generously and very coherently, what the image Daan posted represents and why, if he claims to be anti homophobic, he wouldn't have posted it.

And if that's too much for you, and you still think this is just a meeting ground for people to signal virtue, just leave. people love to make fun of SLAP when they can't get along with others here. You'll have a better time on an alt right forum, might even find Skankiee there.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 05:56:45 AM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #436 on: August 09, 2021, 05:49:12 AM »
Since he didn’t apologize by now I’m assuming he’s not going to. I don’t believe in canceling people for opinions and not actions, but I can’t really see myself buying a Daan board anytime soon.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #437 on: August 09, 2021, 05:55:51 AM »
Since he didn’t apologize by now I’m assuming he’s not going to. I don’t believe in canceling people for opinions and not actions, but I can’t really see myself buying a Daan board anytime soon.

This is exactly it. The idea of "cancelling" someone is so dumb... dude cancelled himself. You cannot sit and blame people for not wanting to support a dude who is bothered by gay couples in Television commercials when we, as a community, are finally starting to see movements like Unity gain traction.

If people still support him, cool! I hope the support he has inevitably lost will spark some introspection on his part.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
« Reply #438 on: August 09, 2021, 06:09:55 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

You should say it with your fucking chest instead of creating an alt like a coward.

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #439 on: August 09, 2021, 09:49:25 AM »

I wouldn't really take advice about cancel culture seriously from a guy who cancelled and entire hospital with a drone strike.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #440 on: August 09, 2021, 10:03:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I wouldn't really take advice about cancel culture seriously from a guy who cancelled and entire hospital with a drone strike.

Yeah, Obama isn't like our pope or anything. I don't give a fuck what he thinks about anything

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #441 on: August 09, 2021, 12:54:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think you realized by saying this that you're essentially suggesting someone blow up Daan rather than just verbally criticize him.

Brguy

« Reply #442 on: August 09, 2021, 01:02:34 PM »
You guys must've been lobotomized if you don't think propaganda exists in LGBT, it exists everywhere else in our current society. You fuckers see every day one of the things that are also being blatantly used as a selling point since the 70s but being gay can't possibly be used for this purpose because it might be offensive?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2550
« Reply #443 on: August 09, 2021, 01:15:51 PM »
Either people are lobotomized or you're conflating propaganda with corporate advertising.

Edit: I was wondering why there were so many Brazilians in this thread, and I think I now know why. If I'm not mistaken, propaganda has a different meaning in Portuguese than it does in English. I think it's (nearly) synonymous with advertising.

This doesn't make you defending Daan any more acceptable, but at least it explains some of your posts.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 01:28:49 PM by Alan »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #444 on: August 09, 2021, 01:24:18 PM »
Either people are lobotomized or you're conflating propaganda with corporate advertising.

Corporate advertising is a form of propaganda, but the end goal isn't to turn people gay, but to cynically appeal to progressive values only through representation. Showing gay people exist is the lowest bar to clear and does nothing really for gay rights other than to say "gay people love old navy too!"

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #445 on: August 09, 2021, 01:28:37 PM »
I don't know If i should laugh or cry with the commentary i see here

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #446 on: August 09, 2021, 01:33:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Corporate advertising is a form of propaganda, but the end goal isn't to turn people gay, but to cynically appeal to progressive values only through representation. Showing gay people exist is the lowest bar to clear and does nothing really for gay rights other than to say "gay people love old navy too!"

Pointing out the hollow gesture of corporate diversity in advertising is not what anyone means when they use the term “LGBTQ propaganda” or “the gay/trans agenda.”

pro club blanks

« Reply #447 on: August 09, 2021, 01:41:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pointing out the hollow gesture of corporate diversity in advertising is not what anyone means when they use the term “LGBTQ propaganda” or “the gay/trans agenda.”
Idk ive see ALOT of people online use the terms anytime theres talk of making previously straight fictional characters gay or introducing a gay or trans characters to shows and movies

People really do have problems with conflating representation with propaganda

Some are just ignorant and parroting talking points, see dynamics change and cant accurately decipher the nuances of societal attitudes changing, others are being purposely deceitful

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #448 on: August 09, 2021, 01:47:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Are you kidding? This is exactly what people think of when Pride comes around and every single corporate entity changes their social media icons to rainbow flags for a month. Utterly fucking useless virtue signaling/symbolism.
ok thanks

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2550
« Reply #449 on: August 09, 2021, 01:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Are you kidding? This is exactly what people think of when Pride comes around and every single corporate entity changes their social media icons to rainbow flags for a month. Utterly fucking useless virtue signaling/symbolism.

They think pinkwashing is somehow orchestrated by the community?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud