Author Topic: Daan on homophobia  (Read 65199 times)

Jonny7.5Alive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 87
Re: Daan on homophobia
« Reply #360 on: August 08, 2021, 11:01:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ok, so what do we do when K Walks part comes out tomorrow? Can someone start a thread reminding us that we heard second hand that he sang the N word and that he is cancelled even though we hate on Nakel who revealed it?

Just trying to unpack all this.
[close]

depends, did kwalks apologize like a man by acknowledging that he did something wrong and offering not to make the same mistakeever again?
[close]

I don't know. I just do what you guys say.
[close]

cool, in that case, hit your hand really really hard with a hammer

Do not hit your head with a hammer

The man telling you to do this is unhappy. He is unwell and gives bad energy through posts everyday

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #361 on: August 08, 2021, 11:12:14 AM »
I always thought it was odd that BA specifically said Daan’s name at the end of this post. Maybe this isn’t an isolated IG issue

Maybe bc he wasnt tagged in the picture

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #362 on: August 08, 2021, 11:31:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
12 pages about some stupid Instagram post  ;D go slap, you can do more! 100 pages until next week, go go go!!!!
[close]

because giving skaters passes in the past has turned out awesome. would you like to cancel another wetbrain euro skater now or later?
[close]

i dont want to cancel anyone, we should cancel this whole cancel culture which is amazingly stupid.
[close]
so people shouldn't face the consequences of their actions?
[close]

dude, chill the fuck down, he just posted something on IG that you dont agree with, he didnt do any harm to anyone
[close]

Why are you ok with homophobic memes?
[close]
im not ok with homiphobia but this meme is not homphobic, its not offending gay people. you are taking it way to serious. his team mate BA didnt react to his mem but strangers from slap knows better and try to "cancel" him. pathetic.
Now… you see right here^ in bold?
THAT’s the part where you show that you are unqualified to be part of this discussion. If you are incapable of acknowledging that the use of the term “propaganda” is homophobic when applied in this way, you have no right to put your two cents in.
These attitudes, especially when publicly voiced by “celebrities” ARE, in point of fact, harmful to people, both by implying an otherness as well as an agenda beyond simple, basic equality & human rights, AND by granting tacit endorsement of the continued denial of those very rights, sometimes resulting in violence towards the targeted/maligned party.
Get the fuck outta here with your imbecilic “there’s only so many slices of the rights pie” understanding, my friend.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #363 on: August 08, 2021, 11:56:44 AM »
Maybe the hellride crew rubbed off on him

oh fuck keep going i’m almost there. he’s such a bad boy. he loves getting rubbed off on

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #364 on: August 08, 2021, 11:57:31 AM »
@Lou Strux delivers again with another well written takedown, managing to skillfully educate the asshat on why they're wrong and give them a black eye at the same time.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #365 on: August 08, 2021, 12:05:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
12 pages about some stupid Instagram post  ;D go slap, you can do more! 100 pages until next week, go go go!!!!
[close]

because giving skaters passes in the past has turned out awesome. would you like to cancel another wetbrain euro skater now or later?
[close]

i dont want to cancel anyone, we should cancel this whole cancel culture which is amazingly stupid.
[close]
[close]

dude, chill the fuck down, he just posted something on IG that you dont agree with, he didnt do any harm to anyone
[close]

[close]
im not ok with homiphobia but this meme is not homphobic, its not offending gay people. you are taking it way to serious. his team mate BA didnt react to his mem but strangers from slap knows better and try to "cancel" him. pathetic.
[close]
THAT’s the part where you show that you are unqualified to be part of this discussion. If you are incapable of acknowledging that the use of the term “propaganda” is homophobic when applied in this way, you have no right to put your two cents in.
These attitudes, especially when publicly voiced by “celebrities” ARE, in point of fact, harmful to people, both by implying an otherness as well as an agenda beyond simple, basic equality & human rights, AND by granting tacit endorsement of the continued denial of those very rights, sometimes resulting in violence towards the targeted/maligned party.
Get the fuck outta here with your imbecilic “there’s only so many slices of the rights pie” understanding, my friend.
Yasss exactly, well put  :)

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #366 on: August 08, 2021, 12:21:18 PM »
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

pro club blanks

« Reply #367 on: August 08, 2021, 12:30:01 PM »
What do you guys think Andy Roy makes all of this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/crustandcommerce.wordpress.com/2009/05/04/andy-roy-the-big-brother-interviews/amp/
Why would anyone care what a former prison rapist has to say about gay rights?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
« Reply #368 on: August 08, 2021, 03:04:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

This is what's up. There have been a bunch of people bitching about the fact that this thread is so long, but ignorant people who don't understand that his post is homophobic keep popping in here to show their ass

Ric Leonetti

• Rep: 20
  • Sorry if my name offends you
« Reply #369 on: August 08, 2021, 03:09:27 PM »
Im not in the liberty to comment on this incident at the moment as I was banned for homophobia.
The Man From The Place Of Clay

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2562
« Reply #370 on: August 08, 2021, 03:21:37 PM »
Well said, @Lou Strux
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #371 on: August 08, 2021, 03:40:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Ok, the meme is homophobic. But can you call him homophobic just for post this?
We are treating him like a fundamentalist, nazist, fascist person only for that post. Thats why people as Bolsonaro is too popular in Brazil, instead you educate that person wich committed a mistake, you push him more to ignorance and fascism with the hate. Its not an old head as 1010 who since day one is a nazi.

sergioz

• Rep: -75
« Reply #372 on: August 08, 2021, 04:39:48 PM »
Fuck off to all the weirdo think that this shitty forum full of sketchy no life/girls/friends is the worldwide court law of the skaters career. Cancell people for one fuckin meme that no one knows if are one story or something behind... or simple who give a fuck??? I just take a look at skankiee ig and is full of harassing comments of you bastard jackals. Get a fuckin life
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 04:50:02 PM by sergioz »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #373 on: August 08, 2021, 04:44:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

We are treating him like a fundamentalist, nazist, fascist person only for that post. Thats why people as Bolsonaro is too popular in Brazil, instead you educate that person wich committed a mistake, you push him more to ignorance and fascism with the hate. Its not an old head as 1010 who since day one is a nazi.

What part of sharing homophobic memes isn't an homophobic act to you? You don't need to be this phantasmal caricature of some roided up buff dude with a Nazi helmet and hate crimes actually under your belt to represent homophobia and fuel the divide and hate amongst the people. By definition validating such a meme is homophobic and here isn't exactly harmless in terms of reach as 70k people, including kids who still naively look up to pro skaters as role models, 'follow' this dude.

Also I don't think the situation you and some other people are describing is really what's happening here. No one is enthusiastically jumping at Daan's throat and salivating at the thought of a new victim (or those who do are entirely missing the point to begin with), reread most of the posts and you will realize a lot of them are from longtime fans who bought product and are genuinely disappointed. What's happening is skaters are just tired to realize that they've been sold paper mâché heroes who could skateboard but otherwise were, low key, shitty human beings for decades, and that facade is finally collapsing, spontaneously, under the weight of social media once and for all as soon as it stops being a tool for marketing and public image control and it's the invididual who's expressing themselves. Social media also happens to make it apparent that for one questionable pro skater whose public image has been crafted, there is a dozen of unknown rippers who kill it on equal terms given this or that metric, just with less access to media coverage, all the while not seeming as toxic or problematic, so what's really happening is skaters are finally taking out the trash now that it stinks and choosing healthier representatives. I'm not saying that's not a violent change, but maybe you should look at it this way: those people are literally bad enough that they manage to cancel themselves. No one but Daan chose to share this meme, so whatever he's getting back is pure karma.

boogs

« Reply #374 on: August 08, 2021, 04:53:39 PM »
So hey, can you guys tell me if he’s cancelled fully? You are powerful and influential in skateboarding and I need help deciding if I should unfollow him on IG or not?

Is he is cancelled, how long until he’s ok to like again? I notice you guys aren’t outraged about K Walks anymore. is that like, 14 months probation or what?
Imagine being unable to come to your own conclusions

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #375 on: August 08, 2021, 04:53:56 PM »
Fuck off all the weirdo think that this shitty forum full of sketchy no life/girl/friends is the worldwide court law of the skaters/people career. Cancell people for ome fuckin meme that no one know if are one storybor something behind, or simole who give a fuck??? I just take a look at skankiee ig and is full of harassing comments of you bastard jackals. FYA this hypocrite social media shit is unacceptable...

I think it's pretty appropriate for people to post on his public instagram page that they're not cool with ignorant homophobic memes. You're also saying "who gives a fuck" simultaneously with "you don't know the backstory". Maybe you could ask some gay people their backstory of why they don't like the meme.

I saw Keegan McCutchen repost it, so there's at the very least one gay skater who took issue with the post. Is that valid enough for you?

I know this post isn't gonna do anything but you frustrated me. I think when you don't see why people are upset about something, it's at least worth it to look into the reason why.

Banging in the Slammer

« Reply #376 on: August 08, 2021, 04:55:27 PM »
Fuck off to all the weirdo think that this shitty forum full of sketchy no life/girls/friends is the worldwide court law of the skaters career. Cancell people for one fuckin meme that no one knows if are one story or something behind... or simple who give a fuck??? I just take a look at skankiee ig and is full of harassing comments of you bastard jackals. Get a fuckin life

I think it’s trying to communicate but I can’t surmise what it’s attempting to posit

And there’s multiple women who post. You’d know this if you weren’t so goddamn illiterate

sergioz

• Rep: -75
« Reply #377 on: August 08, 2021, 04:56:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

What part of sharing homophobic memes isn't an homophobic act to you? You don't need to be this phantasmal caricature of some roided up buff dude with a Nazi helmet and hate crimes actually under your belt to represent homophobia and fuel the divide and hate amongst the people. By definition validating such a meme is homophobic and here isn't exactly harmless in terms of reach as 70k people, including kids who still naively look up to pro skaters as role models, 'follow' this dude.

Also I don't think the situation you and some other people are describing is really what's happening here. No one is enthusiastically jumping at Daan's throat and salivating at the thought of a new victim (or those who do are entirely missing the point to begin with), reread most of the posts and you will realize a lot of them are from longtime fans who bought product and are genuinely disappointed. What's happening is skaters are just tired to realize that they've been sold paper mâché heroes who could skateboard but otherwise were, low key, shitty human beings for decades, and that facade is finally collapsing, spontaneously, under the weight of social media once and for all as soon as it stops being a tool for marketing and public image control and it's the invididual who's expressing themselves. Social media also happens to make it apparent that for one questionable pro skater whose public image has been crafted, there is a dozen of unknown rippers who kill it on equal terms given this or that metric, just with less access to media coverage, all the while not seeming as toxic or problematic, so what's really happening is skaters are finally taking out the trash now that it stinks and choosing healthier representatives. I'm not saying that's not a violent change, but maybe you should look at it this way: those people are literally bad enough that they manage to cancel themselves. No one but Daan chose to share this meme, so whatever he's getting back is pure karma.

Man, I don't spend my time to read your biblical post of "I don't fuckin care your opinion". I stay here with my partner on sofa in chill mode, take a look of some skate gossip mews and gomto sleep, i have a life you know? You all have lost sense of the reality, things that happened of the consequences of no have a real
Life. Stop harassing people on internet

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #378 on: August 08, 2021, 04:58:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Man, I don't spend my time to read your biblical post of "I don't fuckin care your opinion". I stay here with my partner on sofa in chill mode, take a look of some skate gossip mews and gomto sleep, i have a life you know? You all have lost sense of the reality, things that happened of the consequences of no have a real

If you have a life, why are you posting on the slap message boards?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #379 on: August 08, 2021, 05:04:55 PM »

You should cancel whoever taught you grammar

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #380 on: August 08, 2021, 05:08:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

That's a good one I forgot, the big words can't hurt you if you pretend they don't exist. Also of course, I made two posts in this thread and so I must have no life, be harassing people and I'm totally not doing from any kind of cool environment whereas you yourself can take pride in your sofa insulation that you project from, good on you man!

And the worst part is I wish I didn't even have to speak to you like this, and otherwise agree with your general message (just not in this particular situation and context, at all). But if you saw any kind of hate in what you quoted of me before you yourself brought it, then indeed you must have replied without really reading, I don't think there's much to be scared of in what I said. You don't go and make up imaginary enemies in your head.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #381 on: August 08, 2021, 05:17:26 PM »
The Pink Floyd album cover with the women’s butts made me the chronic masterbater I am today. Damn u to hell roger waters

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #382 on: August 08, 2021, 05:50:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck off all the weirdo think that this shitty forum full of sketchy no life/girl/friends is the worldwide court law of the skaters/people career. Cancell people for ome fuckin meme that no one know if are one storybor something behind, or simole who give a fuck??? I just take a look at skankiee ig and is full of harassing comments of you bastard jackals. FYA this hypocrite social media shit is unacceptable...
[close]

I think it's pretty appropriate for people to post on his public instagram page that they're not cool with ignorant homophobic memes. You're also saying "who gives a fuck" simultaneously with "you don't know the backstory". Maybe you could ask some gay people their backstory of why they don't like the meme.

I saw Keegan McCutchen repost it, so there's at the very least one gay skater who took issue with the post. Is that valid enough for you?

I know this post isn't gonna do anything but you frustrated me. I think when you don't see why people are upset about something, it's at least worth it to look into the reason why.
[close]
  yeah, just ONE gay skater took the issue, you know why? because no one fuckin cares, even Daans gay team mates.

Guys, chill. ^This straight guy knows every gay person on earth and checked with them, they said it’s cool.

But for real, you’re just letting everyone know you’re a homophobe (and dumb as rocks). Well done. Pretty sure you don’t speak for people you’ve never met, or any LGBTQ+ person.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #383 on: August 08, 2021, 05:53:28 PM »
Pink Floyd made me the chronic masterbater I am today. Damn roger waters

SourPatch MOY

• Rep: -30
« Reply #384 on: August 08, 2021, 06:11:25 PM »
I am so glad that SLAP is the power of attorney for skateboarding. they need to get a hold of the manager of skateboarding and Fucking fire Daan he wasn’t doing his job well. Next time instead of Propaganda he needs to put Agenda on that meme..Good job you guys on the double standard name-calling keep it up. The incels of skateboarding are doing Gods handy work. High-fives for everyone!!!! Good job you guys thanks for putting in the overtime on this one

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #385 on: August 08, 2021, 06:14:45 PM »
Why is it that idiots and homophobes can't help but tell on themselves?

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #386 on: August 08, 2021, 06:16:45 PM »
I am so glad that SLAP is the power of attorney for skateboarding. they need to get a hold of the manager of skateboarding and Fucking fire Daan he wasn’t doing his job well. Next time instead of Propaganda he needs to put Agenda on that meme..Good job you guys on the double standard name-calling keep it up. The incels of skateboarding are doing Gods handy work. High-fives for everyone!!!! Good job you guys thanks for putting in the overtime on this one

Why are you here lol
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: August 08, 2021, 06:17:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
  yeah, just ONE gay skater took the issue, you know why? because no one fuckin cares, even Daans gay team mates.

lol u stupid

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #388 on: August 08, 2021, 06:18:11 PM »
I left some used Daan decks at the park this morning and no one really wanted them.

The market is speaking, I reckon.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #389 on: August 08, 2021, 06:23:57 PM »
Also so many of the people complaining about us not being cool with homophobia are like super new accounts. Are you losers creating accounts just to come in here and whine about how those jokes aren't cool and don't fly anymore?