Author Topic: Daan on homophobia  (Read 65104 times)

SourPatch MOY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -30
Re: Daan on homophobia
« Reply #390 on: August 08, 2021, 06:33:06 PM »
Expand Quote
I am so glad that SLAP is the power of attorney for skateboarding. they need to get a hold of the manager of skateboarding and Fucking fire Daan he wasn’t doing his job well. Next time instead of Propaganda he needs to put Agenda on that meme..Good job you guys on the double standard name-calling keep it up. The incels of skateboarding are doing Gods handy work. High-fives for everyone!!!! Good job you guys thanks for putting in the overtime on this one
[close]

Why are you here lol
Long time lurker & 55th poster. 100% skateboarder.
Why are you here?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #391 on: August 08, 2021, 06:46:57 PM »
I am so glad that SLAP is the power of attorney for skateboarding. they need to get a hold of the manager of skateboarding and Fucking fire Daan he wasn’t doing his job well. Next time instead of Propaganda he needs to put Agenda on that meme..Good job you guys on the double standard name-calling keep it up. The incels of skateboarding are doing Gods handy work. High-fives for everyone!!!! Good job you guys thanks for putting in the overtime on this one

If you may, please tell me what you think is more bozo in between blaming a professional skateboarder for spreading a homophobic meme, and blaming skaters from all over the world logically reacting to a professional skateboarder spreading a homophobic meme?

I always feel so sorry when I see people come on here and assume SLAP is some kind of unified entity, and totally not the sum of many different skaters' opinions. How do you people think this shit is run? It's just one big bad person malevolently farming posts Dr. Claw style to try and tear innocents down, because as we all know sending dick picks to underage girls or spreading hatred is in fact kind of fine?

And when you come on here to hate on an entity that really doesn't exist, how much noise do you really think you're making when your own input is as constructive as the next troll's and thus bound to be overlooked as such? Honestly all I, and I'm sure more people, can read in such posts is either 1/ I have shit at stake in this or 2/ I'm personally triggered for some reason and now that I've dug myself into a hole, accepting my limitations in order to grow would be akin to losing my pride (which I wish more people realized isn't true at all). Like @HugeBodBoyle just said, it's the market that is speaking, the reactions you're reading are only consequential and it's a positive thing when this or that company (finally) adapts to progress. Skaters are over supporting homophobic behavior in general and there where is the big problem?

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #392 on: August 08, 2021, 07:29:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

SourPatch MOY

« Reply #393 on: August 08, 2021, 07:37:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you may, please tell me what you think is more bozo in between blaming a professional skateboarder for spreading a homophobic meme, and blaming skaters from all over the world logically reacting to a professional skateboarder spreading a homophobic meme?

I always feel so sorry when I see people come on here and assume SLAP is some kind of unified entity, and totally not the sum of many different skaters' opinions. How do you people think this shit is run? It's just one big bad person malevolently farming posts Dr. Claw style to try and tear innocents down, because as we all know sending dick picks to underage girls or spreading hatred is in fact kind of fine?

And when you come on here to hate on an entity that really doesn't exist, how much noise do you really think you're making when your own input is as constructive as the next troll's and thus bound to be overlooked as such? Honestly all I, and I'm sure more people, can read in such posts is either 1/ I have shit at stake in this or 2/ I'm personally triggered for some reason and now that I've dug myself into a hole, accepting my limitations in order to grow would be akin to losing my pride (which I wish more people realized isn't true at all). Like @HugeBodBoyle just said, it's the market that is speaking, the reactions you're reading are only consequential and it's a positive thing when this or that company (finally) adapts to progress. Skaters are over supporting homophobic behavior in general and there where is the big problem?
Go skateboard

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #394 on: August 08, 2021, 07:42:09 PM »
Like I didn't skate today, good one! I sincerely hope you did too although it doesn't sound like it.

I also published a bilingual article about the Croatian skate scene since my last post. What did you do?

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #395 on: August 08, 2021, 07:44:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?

Just curious if you have a pie chart to back up this statement or you’re just going off your own perception?

what does a 75% skater look like? 43%?

(Ex. Kevin is a 65% skater. He can do some
Basic flip tricks consistently, can name everyone on thps, wears thrasher and has atleast one skateboard movie at home)

Banging in the Slammer

« Reply #396 on: August 08, 2021, 07:51:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Go skateboard

“In skateboarding, “shut up and skate” is a simple, dismissive and antiquated slogan, invented in the ‘80s and popularized by Zorlac Skateboards. It was never meant to be used in its context now, specifically in social media, where commenters throw it around whenever any gender, equality, or political issues in skateboarding arise.

Of course, we can all easily “shut up and skate” or voice our disdain in small circles but all that does is perpetuate a broken system and ultimately frustrate an entire community, regardless of how you engage in it or even view it.” -Anthony Pappalardo

SourPatch MOY

« Reply #397 on: August 08, 2021, 08:01:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?
[close]

Just curious if you have a pie chart to back up this statement or you’re just going off your own perception?

Basic flip tricks consistently, can name everyone on thps, wears thrasher and has atleast one skateboard movie at home)
[close]

for example thats how 100% look like
Nailed it “Brother”

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #398 on: August 08, 2021, 08:05:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?
[close]

[close]

Ah yes, the guy that literally committed a hate crime by participating in killing someone for being gay. That’s what you consider someone that’s “100% skateboarder”? Get the fuck outta here with that shit
fuck you bama

SourPatch MOY

« Reply #399 on: August 08, 2021, 08:05:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Go skateboard
[close]

“In skateboarding, “shut up and skate” is a simple, dismissive and antiquated slogan, invented in the ‘80s and popularized by Zorlac Skateboards. It was never meant to be used in its context now, specifically in social media, where commenters throw it around whenever any gender, equality, or political issues in skateboarding arise.

Of course, we can all easily “shut up and skate” or voice our disdain in small circles but all that does is perpetuate a broken system and ultimately frustrate an entire community, regardless of how you engage in it or even view it.” -Anthony Pappalardo
You should stretch a little more “BROTHER” you still need to reach a little more.    8)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #400 on: August 08, 2021, 08:07:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?
[close]

[close]

Shoulda known THAT’s your idea of 100% skater. Nice bootswazi tat.
Say… you wouldn’t happen to be one of those Two Felons dudes, would you?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

SourPatch MOY

« Reply #401 on: August 08, 2021, 08:10:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?
[close]

[close]

[close]
Ah yes, the guy that literally committed a hate crime by participating in killing someone for being gay
Whoa that’s where I draw the line J Adams died in prison for killing a gay guy? I thought he had a heart attack in Mexico…seriously what he are you saying? he killed somebody and he walked free? I don’t get it!

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #402 on: August 08, 2021, 08:11:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?
[close]

[close]

[close]
Ah yes, the guy that literally committed a hate crime by participating in killing someone for being gay
[close]
Whoa that’s where I draw the line J Adams died in prison for killing a gay guy? I thought he had a heart attack in Mexico…seriously what he are you saying? he killed somebody and he walked free? I don’t get it!
He probably should’ve died in prison instead of getting a lighter sentence
https://www.vice.com/en/article/jmbbk3/maybe-we-shouldnt-be-so-sentimental-about-a-gay-bashing-skateboarder-658
fuck you bama

SourPatch MOY

« Reply #403 on: August 08, 2021, 08:16:06 PM »
DAAN deserves a raise!!!!! 🖕🏾 DLX Rulz

foureyedjim

« Reply #404 on: August 08, 2021, 08:16:55 PM »
skaters are over supporting homophobic behavior in general and there where is the big problem?

The big problem is that some folks are afraid that they'll be next.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #405 on: August 08, 2021, 08:17:59 PM »
you guys remember when the trolls on here used to be clever?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #406 on: August 08, 2021, 08:19:42 PM »
this thread rocks.

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 08:27:59 PM by camp chill yourself »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #407 on: August 08, 2021, 08:20:43 PM »
Jeff is turning in his grave after this one I bet, especially since one of his last love letters was dedicated to queer skaters

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #408 on: August 08, 2021, 08:28:57 PM »
you guys remember when the trolls on here used to be clever?

Probably before my time. All we get these days are these knuckle dragging smooth brains

viciousdingo

• Rep: 4
« Reply #409 on: August 08, 2021, 08:42:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
https://www.vice.com/en/article/jmbbk3/maybe-we-shouldnt-be-so-sentimental-about-a-gay-bashing-skateboarder-658

Didn't know this about J. Really fucking disappointing to read. Just checked out his RIP thread from when he passed and was equally disappointed by all the dumbasses defending him on there. Thanks for bringing light to it for those of us who weren't aware

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #410 on: August 08, 2021, 08:48:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Didn't know this about J. Really fucking disappointing to read. Just checked out his RIP thread from when he passed and was equally disappointed by all the dumbasses defending him on there. Thanks for bringing light to it for those of us who weren't aware
Stacey Peralta doesn’t come off great trying to say it wasn’t about the dude being gay. Maybe Stacey is one of the dudes on here asking stupid questions and suggesting we can’t really tell if Daan is a homophobe

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #411 on: August 08, 2021, 09:01:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Stacey Peralta doesn’t come off great trying to say it wasn’t about the dude being gay. Maybe Stacey is one of the dudes on here asking stupid questions and suggesting we can’t really tell if Daan is a homophobe
[close]

maybe instead of making 15 pages bullshit thread you should ask Daan himself whether he is homophobe or not.
Because that’s fucking dumb. You’re literally suggesting I believe him over my own eyes. Idiot.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #412 on: August 08, 2021, 09:09:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

maybe instead of making 15 pages bullshit thread you should ask Daan himself whether he is homophobe or not.

Wow you really are fucking stupid aren't you? People see themselves as the protagonist of the world. No one thinks they're a bigot, and think of all of their actions being done for noble reasons. Daan probably thinks he's not being homophobic, but that doesn't mean that his post is not homophobic. Also read this fucking thread idiot. We've had multiple gay slap posters say "this is homophobic and it bothers me." But we all should just ignore them because you, some no nothing fool, thinks it's not a big deal

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #413 on: August 08, 2021, 09:13:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you here lol
[close]
Why are you here?
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Because that’s fucking dumb. You’re literally suggesting I believe him over my own eyes. Idiot.
[close]
Ask your eyes! Are they gay? Basic math Holmes
I asked my eyes. Turns out, they’re gay.
I’ve got gay eyes; what do you know?!?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #414 on: August 08, 2021, 09:46:10 PM »
Holy shit your life must be miserable if you get so triggered over strangers on the internet that you must create an account on a forum to defend a complete stranger who posted something clearly homophobic. What do you think your posts will do, stop the inevitable washing away of assholes exposing themselves on social media?
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #415 on: August 08, 2021, 09:58:37 PM »
if Daans ig post bothers you so much what you guys will do about it? you can rage his ig, his facebook but it wont change anything, he still will be sucesfull skateboarder and you can only cry about it on messageboard.

That's easy, we will discuss said post on here, very naturally, in between skaters and wait for the next account like yours to inevitably come and blow up the thread with unsubstantiated nonsense, so that it keeps getting more pages and the issue you wish weren't being discussed keeps receiving more attention. Which shouldn't be a problem though, since you think the opinion of the average skateboarder can't impact skateboard sales really, so why do you bother posting?

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #416 on: August 08, 2021, 10:12:06 PM »
Holy shit your life must be miserable if you get so triggered over strangers on the internet that you must create an account on a forum to defend a complete stranger who posted something clearly homophobic. What do you think your posts will do, stop the inevitable washing away of assholes exposing themselves on social media?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #417 on: August 08, 2021, 10:17:04 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #418 on: August 08, 2021, 10:17:35 PM »
My fav part about when these treads blow up is to see how many industry heads start lurking, current count is 71!!!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #419 on: August 08, 2021, 10:29:42 PM »
Do you guys ever like, stop the homophobes and racists and abusers directly around you in your towns and jobs and families? Or just do it from afar here on Slap based on what you see on Instagram?

You mean, you don't?