Author Topic: Vienna, Austria  (Read 565 times)

DirtyCheddarKids

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
Vienna, Austria
« on: August 08, 2021, 08:06:53 AM »
So, I'm currently thinking about relocating to Vienna next year. My girlfriend is from Austria and the pandemic made her feel like moving back closer to her family, figured that's a compromise that could work for me, too.

Any pals currently living there that might be willing to hook me up with some recommendations for best districts to move to? Looking mainly for a place that is close by some spots, easy to get out of the city / into nature with our dog, and has a good variety of food places around without being super expensive. So basically what everyone is looking for I guess...

I know a few spot maps and the old OG spots like Donauinsel, but was wondering if there's a new main plaza / hangout spot... Any replies are highly appreciated, thanks y'all!  :-*
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Vienna, Austria
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 11:32:56 AM »
Districts 1-9 or 16.

Dont‘t buy ottakringer beer.

Get a bike.

Shop at freedom or stil laden.

Skate all over the city.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 11:47:26 PM by pica »

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 02:26:48 PM »
Also check ABD magazine, turtle productions and confus crew on insta.

DirtyCheddarKids

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 09:35:40 PM »
Thanks pica!

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 11:49:30 PM »
You might as well get an air bnb and come here for a few weeks and see if you like the city.

Pm me if you need more information.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 02:54:29 AM »
Districts 1-9 or 16.

Dont‘t buy ottakringer beer.

Get a bike.

Shop at freedom or stil laden.

Skate all over the city.

this, vienna has an abundance of spots and the pavement/streets have great asphalt so you can bike/skate almost anywhere

DirtyCheddarKids

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 09:22:24 AM »
An abundance of spots sounds so dope. I gotta say I'm slowly getting excited about it, especially after checking out all the local videos yesterday night. I will definitely hit you up once the time has come, pica  :)

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 02:17:08 PM »
Vienna is sick, my lady's from there so I usually visit a couple of times a year. There's a few really nice plazas that have been built fairly recently like the one on the Donau, one in Floridsdorf, and I actually still like the Gurtel Plaza. Pica's pretty well steered you in the right direction for most things I'd say

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2021, 03:53:18 AM »
Vienna is quite underrated as a skate city IMO. There are a lot of spots and you can skate pretty much anywhere in town as the sidewalks are nice. The public transport is also very good, reliable and cheap - Yearly ticket costs 356€ and is for the whole network of trams, subway and busses. Bikes are everywhere but get stollen from time to time.

You can also find a nice cheap flat across Danube if you don`t mide travelling a bit. The districts from 1-9 are amazing and I`d love to live in the 2nd again, but it`s harder to get a nice apartment if you`re not willing to spend €€€, but nit impossible.

You can PM me as well if you need any other info.