Author Topic: have I really crossed a line?  (Read 1654 times)

quackquack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -379
have I really crossed a line?
« on: August 09, 2021, 01:11:46 PM »

Hey Mods -

My original name is duniwayRobber.

I was recently banned for racism & misogyny.

I actually think I was misunderstood for the racism (I noted that I was only discussing POC and said 'can't have that' so I mentioned a white skater. The misogyny one is highly debatable (especially with OKBoomer's signatures being AOK), but I'm not here to argue.

Am I really that bad of a poster or has this been a single mod deciding they have a problem with me?

TBH it made me feel strange to be called a racist so I do wonder what exactly someone saw as racist, as I'm not trying to repeat the same action.

If enough of you can't stand me as a poster I'm not going to become cheetah prints, but I hope there's some room for reconciliation.
Oh, the places you'll go.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: have I really crossed a line?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 10:54:38 AM »

Hi, I banned you. Even if we ignore the POC comment, you also posted "Last spot goes to Leticia. I'm so glad to have a nice pair of tits in skateboarding but she is also guilty of many aforementioned crimes plus being a downright asshole/crybaby after competitions."

In another post you accused a trans poster of being homophobic.

This is the kind of 4chan edgelording that has no place here.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

admin

• Administrator
  • Rep: 889
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 11:28:52 AM »

Yeah the misogyny of that comment seems pretty obvious.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 11:34:26 AM »

You leave OkBoomer out of this, you hack.

quackquack

• Rep: -379
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 11:40:19 AM »

Hey Alan -

Thanks for the reply.

That trans poster accused gay men of being the main proponents of trans-murders and went on to describing how much gay men hate trans people. It was a fact-less statement which, seemed to me, homophobic. I have a gay brother, who spent many years cross dressing - I never heard of him or his friends discussing trans person's with jealousy and hatred.

In my thread where I commented on Leticia's body, I was told to 'run myself over with my parent's car' and another poster displayed a gif with a revolver saying 'kill, maim, shut up'. I'm a little confused how those users weren't also being 4chan edgelords. More pointedly - a large percentage of UWTB is based on pc-bending conversation, so this feels like a personal disagreement that you were unable to articulate so instead resorted to banning me. I'd bring up the definition of misogyny to defend my statement as NOT misogynist, but I already know that's a mute point.

I understand that my comments are often nuanced, and I thread lines purposefully to catch people off-guard. They are never intended to be dismissive based on a poster's race, religion or sexual preference. If you are black/trans/female-identifying and I offended you, I hope you will accept my apology. I want all the people to be on here, talking shit.

Shalom.

Oh, the places you'll go.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 05:39:10 PM »

Hi, without answering your every point, I'll just say that I try to use the same standard for all users - some of whom have been banned for comments similar to yours. Although you may think your posts were nuanced, they read as crass trolling.

I think you also mistook my regular mod duties with the inability to "articulate" a response to your posts. Mods don't generally engage in discussion with every poster who "crosses a line," instead they moderate. There aren't enough hours in a day to talk things out with every offensive poster.

Cheers,

Alan
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud