Author Topic: burlington vt/ ccy new england tour  (Read 1261 times)

cky enthusiast

burlington vt/ ccy new england tour
« on: August 14, 2021, 12:39:17 PM »
hi gang,

i’m on a 2 month new england tour and burlington is my next stop. i know there’s a big park downtown- any other cool DIY esque things or shops i should check out?

hollerrrr
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:07:41 AM by camp chill yourself »

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1438
Re: burlington vt
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 01:19:01 PM »
hi gang,

i’m on a 2 month new england tour and burlington is my next stop. i know there’s a big park downtown- any other cool DIY esque things or shops i should check out?

hollerrrr

There's a street downtown that has a downhill slope and s bunch of rocks you can wallie off of that's pretty sick. I don't remember the name as i was only in Vermont for two months and didn't get to skate the whole time i was there

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 11:29:29 AM »
Expand Quote
hi gang,

hollerrrr
[close]

There's a street downtown that has a downhill slope and s bunch of rocks you can wallie off of that's pretty sick. I don't remember the name as i was only in Vermont for two months and didn't get to skate the whole time i was there

That’s church st, maven skateshop is there too that place is sick. I think city hall just got redone and there’s a lot of cool ledges, plus the burton warehouse has a sick mini ramp and a bowl to skate, and there’s a cool abandoned highway that people turned into a diy called barriers in the woods kinda behind burton. I don’t really know much other than that but if you end up in Maine I can help a lot better

Allez_Jambon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 01:01:58 PM »
I lived for like 10 years. Stop by maven to shop downtown or talent for an indoor skatepark on rainy days or winter. There’s the waterfront park which can be fun but I think the culture in the general region is a bit family friendly which fucks up the flow. I greatly prefer the skatepark in winooski. It’s mostly boxes, ledges, and some qps and shit but it’s closer to what I prefer anyway. Tbh it’s my favorite park but also was my local. I just want to have a few drinks and skate ledges. Visit burton for the bowl and mini ramp. For “street” there’s a park in the middle of downtown, Champlain college, and uvm. Nothing much to celebrate as the suburban area doesn’t look too interesting to be on film. There’s a decent diy close to burton that grew from barriers to all sorts of shit. Pretty crusty.

Since it’s summer, go out and hike or swim during the day and skate later when it’s cooler. Please be very respectful to nature and the swimming areas. People treat them poorly and I wish they would drop dead.

Outside of Burlington there are parks by mt Mansfield, colcester, Essex junction and probably some other towns but they’re shit imo. Waterbury has a mini ramp with a spine and some other things there. It’s a nice stop on the way to swimming or whatever. Warren has a terrific diy turned into skatepark. Lincoln, Lyndonville, and others on the NEK exist but whatever. I’m not there to skate but it is nice it exists. Heading south to Ludlow, there’s a funny park with a 10 ft half pipe and a wooden bowl. Kinda janky but I like it. There’s also the Manchester skatepark which I imagine is decent and there might be some weird indoor shit in Rutland I think.

Check out the videos on YouTube and get a better idea. Have fun.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 05:03:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hi gang,

hollerrrr
[close]

[close]

That’s church st, maven skateshop is there too that place is sick. I think city hall just got redone and there’s a lot of cool ledges, plus the burton warehouse has a sick mini ramp and a bowl to skate, and there’s a cool abandoned highway that people turned into a diy called barriers in the woods kinda behind burton. I don’t really know much other than that but if you end up in Maine I can help a lot better

maine is our next stop.. gonna work our way up and down the coast.

the local park is sick! only got to skate for an hour after getting into town, charging my phone and using the showers but holy moly that place is fun. ran into a guy i know from back in philly who told me directions to a few local spots- excited
to get lost in the woods finding em!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 05:07:29 PM »
I lived for like 10 years. Stop by maven to shop downtown or talent for an indoor skatepark on rainy days or winter. There’s the waterfront park which can be fun but I think the culture in the general region is a bit family friendly which fucks up the flow. I greatly prefer the skatepark in winooski. It’s mostly boxes, ledges, and some qps and shit but it’s closer to what I prefer anyway. Tbh it’s my favorite park but also was my local. I just want to have a few drinks and skate ledges. Visit burton for the bowl and mini ramp. For “street” there’s a park in the middle of downtown, Champlain college, and uvm. Nothing much to celebrate as the suburban area doesn’t look too interesting to be on film. There’s a decent diy close to burton that grew from barriers to all sorts of shit. Pretty crusty.

Since it’s summer, go out and hike or swim during the day and skate later when it’s cooler. Please be very respectful to nature and the swimming areas. People treat them poorly and I wish they would drop dead.

Outside of Burlington there are parks by mt Mansfield, colcester, Essex junction and probably some other towns but they’re shit imo. Waterbury has a mini ramp with a spine and some other things there. It’s a nice stop on the way to swimming or whatever. Warren has a terrific diy turned into skatepark. Lincoln, Lyndonville, and others on the NEK exist but whatever. I’m not there to skate but it is nice it exists. Heading south to Ludlow, there’s a funny park with a 10 ft half pipe and a wooden bowl. Kinda janky but I like it. There’s also the Manchester skatepark which I imagine is decent and there might be some weird indoor shit in Rutland I think.

Check out the videos on YouTube and get a better idea. Have fun.

thanks for the info! i had a friend kick me directions to the burton stuff and the DIY as well as
some local new england parks to check out on the way back south.

appreciated on the nature front, we’ve been boondocking or sleeping at wal mart and strictly leaving no trace. gonna def check up some hikes and do some mountain biking out in stowe in a few days (we have a bnb which is sick, living in a car can be brutal. esp one with a mountain bike on the back).

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 08:49:42 PM »
I got nothing on Burlington but southern VT is real, real nice this time of year. I'm not talking on a skating tip but I used to love taking a few days to camp and bike on the fly out there. could go south on 7 right from Burlington, or 116 back to 7/7A, down through Grn Mtn Ntl Forest, to Bennington/Pownal down into Clarksburg MA, to Williamstown, Adams/North Adams via Rt. 2/Mohawk trail and cut back up to Rt 9 onto Brattleboro where there's an intersection with 91 or stay on 9 and make your way to Concord NH, stay on 9/202 and get to the coast and take 95 up to Maine if you're trying to take an interstate. Or from Concord, NH, you could hop on 3 and split up the middle to Laconia and Lake Winnipesauke and White Mtn. National Forest. Again, I can't speak to the skating on those routes, but it's some beautiful land, assuredly good biking, and the backroads are easily navigable at this time of year, sans some tourists.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

cky enthusiast

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 07:07:18 AM »
skated barriers in between rain showers yesterday and met some of the local paint sprayers. burlington is a weird town. heading to stowe tomorrow and then east to maine. figured there won’t be much skating til we hit the coast in a few days, anyone got spots in bangor, bar harbor etc?

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 07:24:41 AM »
skated barriers in between rain showers yesterday and met some of the local paint sprayers. burlington is a weird town. heading to stowe tomorrow and then east to maine. figured there won’t be much skating til we hit the coast in a few days, anyone got spots in bangor, bar harbor etc?

Bangor has an alright slab spot with some random stuff, I havent skated there much but i have a bunch of homies that skate there regularly. Bar harbor has a new concrete park in town thats alright, they also have some really cool ledges in this park thats in the center of the downtown. I'm actually going to be in bar harbor this weekend too so i may see you there. Belfast has a really sick mini ramp if you plan on staying closer to the coast on your way up. That section of maine is kinda beat for skating but thats kinda also what makes it sick.

edit: also worth stating that Augusta has a really fun park that they just added on a whole new section to. Probably my current favorite park in the state and its not too far off i95 so it would be an easy hit on the way up

cky enthusiast

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2021, 07:50:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bangor has an alright slab spot with some random stuff, I havent skated there much but i have a bunch of homies that skate there regularly. Bar harbor has a new concrete park in town thats alright, they also have some really cool ledges in this park thats in the center of the downtown. I'm actually going to be in bar harbor this weekend too so i may see you there. Belfast has a really sick mini ramp if you plan on staying closer to the coast on your way up. That section of maine is kinda beat for skating but thats kinda also what makes it sick.

edit: also worth stating that Augusta has a really fun park that they just added on a whole new section to. Probably my current favorite park in the state and its not too far off i95 so it would be an easy hit on the way up

sick shit- we’re staying in augusta first before doing a big loop of baxter and acadia before bouncing south to portland so i’ll prolly check the park out at least.

Fhk

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2021, 10:31:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you get a pictures of the Belfast park/ledges could you let me know please? I would love to see what they have done.

Sorry for the highjack @camp chill yourself enjoy your time up here in Maine bud.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2021, 05:58:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
If you get a pictures of the Belfast park/ledges could you let me know please? I would love to see what they have done.

Sorry for the highjack @camp chill yourself enjoy your time up here in Maine bud.

I havent actually been to Belfast in a while, Its really kinda a shitty park but the mini is fun and theres some things to get creative on kinda. I found this really bad picture on their facebook page hahaha

It really doesnt show much but thats basically what the mini is

cky enthusiast

Re: burlington vt/ ccy new england tour
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2021, 06:54:03 AM »
if it dries up today i might try to skate the bethel park. will report back of its any good or not.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2021, 07:16:16 AM »
if it dries up today i might try to skate the bethel park. will report back of its any good or not.

I love bethel park one of the funnest places around. If youre headed south afterwards check out south paris skatepark and the park in lewiston too. Grew up skating lewiston, bunch of cool spots in the area too

cky enthusiast

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2021, 07:17:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love bethel park one of the funnest places around. If youre headed south afterwards check out south paris skatepark and the park in lewiston too. Grew up skating lewiston, bunch of cool spots in the area too

sick shit!! i’m heading to augusta then up to acadia and baxter for a few days before we head down to portland. also where is a good rec dispensary i haven’t had weed in like a week and i’m fiending bad

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2021, 10:26:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

sick shit!! i’m heading to augusta then up to acadia and baxter for a few days before we head down to portland. also where is a good rec dispensary i haven’t had weed in like a week and i’m fiending bad

Portland has a few, Seaweed and sweet dirt are the ones i know off the top of my head. I'm in the portland area and know a few people that can hook it up too. Im not really sure about any other towns but im sure weedmaps probably has a much more complete list for wherever youre at. There used to be a bunch of delivery services for rec too, i dont think thats a thing anymore since it was kinda before rec was like actually legitimized, but its in full swing now so they might be back

cky enthusiast

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2021, 01:26:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Portland has a few, Seaweed and sweet dirt are the ones i know off the top of my head. I'm in the portland area and know a few people that can hook it up too. Im not really sure about any other towns but im sure weedmaps probably has a much more complete list for wherever youre at. There used to be a bunch of delivery services for rec too, i dont think thats a thing anymore since it was kinda before rec was like actually legitimized, but its in full swing now so they might be back

word!! i skated the bethel park for 10 min before henri dropped some rain on me.. the weather up here has been so spastic lately- glad i brought two set ups (my old one has been catching water left and right lately between this and skating barriers a few days ago)

good looks on the herb recs!!

i’m in augusta rn til wednesday- just found a spot, reupped and will prolly check the park in the morning. some cool crusty street spots around too and some hills to bomb. cool to see some of the graff dudes i know from portland out here too. new england graffiti is so diff from where i’m from even though it isn’t that far. i dig.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2021, 01:38:43 PM »
born and raised in rumford (about 20-30 minutes from Bethel) and grew up skating Maine long before all these new parks were built. We just went spot to spot, a lot of high schools and random college campuses, to try and film. This thread just put a giant smile on my face, so all I have to say is thank you and I'm so glad the skate scene up there is doing well. Hope you've had a wonderful trip @camp chill yourself

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2021, 01:50:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

word!! i skated the bethel park for 10 min before henri dropped some rain on me.. the weather up here has been so spastic lately- glad i brought two set ups (my old one has been catching water left and right lately between this and skating barriers a few days ago)

good looks on the herb recs!!

i’m in augusta rn til wednesday- just found a spot, reupped and will prolly check the park in the morning. some cool crusty street spots around too and some hills to bomb. cool to see some of the graff dudes i know from portland out here too. new england graffiti is so diff from where i’m from even though it isn’t that far. i dig.

Oh yeah, Kost is up everywhere over there that dude good, I got a couple homies in a crew with him. Let me know when youre gonna be down in portland i may be around to link a skate or paint a wall or something. send me a PM if youre looking for any street spots or like want some local videos to check while youre around!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2021, 01:57:47 PM »
@jerrygurneyscream yo i might take you up on that!! i was in portland for a few days in november and i know my wall at congress (?- the spot by the baked beans place) needs to be fixed. i’m staying with one of my homies who’s in 5g so i’m sure i’ll be doing some spraying while i’m there. i’ll discuss with you via pm

@coldbrew as a native delco/west philly head i’m glad to be the other half of this cultural exchange! it’s been a blast so far, i got another month til i’m back in philly for my boys wedding and skating grays ferry again. then who knows what’s next…

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2021, 02:01:28 PM »
@camp chill yourself hit me on the next greys ferry sesh when you get back and I'll meet you there!! enjoy New England bud!

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2021, 06:49:26 PM »
@jerrygurneyscream yo i might take you up on that!! i was in portland for a few days in november and i know my wall at congress (?- the spot by the baked beans place) needs to be fixed. i’m staying with one of my homies who’s in 5g so i’m sure i’ll be doing some spraying while i’m there. i’ll discuss with you via pm

@coldbrew as a native delco/west philly head i’m glad to be the other half of this cultural exchange! it’s been a blast so far, i got another month til i’m back in philly for my boys wedding and skating grays ferry again. then who knows what’s next…

Yo fuck yeah let me know g!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2021, 11:49:28 AM »
augusta park was sick. the big concrete roller jawn had me tryina be quim cardona and the vert wall had me tryina be peter hewitt

Fhk

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2021, 07:10:43 PM »
augusta park was sick. the big concrete roller jawn had me tryina be quim cardona and the vert wall had me tryina be peter hewitt
Fuck ya..welcome to DISgusta homey!!!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2021, 10:03:40 AM »
bangor slab is sick. might be better than barriers to me (no diss!!). insane to try to skate in a line.