Author Topic: Place to Donate Old Boards/Gear  (Read 1273 times)

QUIT SINNIN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
Place to Donate Old Boards/Gear
« on: August 15, 2021, 10:11:16 AM »
Does anyone know of an organization or non profit which I can donate boards and other gear to? I wanted to ship this stuff to some skaters I met in Kenya but the shipping was outrageous, plus I think there is some kind of import tax. Would love to get this stuff in the hands of kids who really need it. I am located in the US. Thanks

Frank and Fred

Re: Place to Donate Old Boards/Gear
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 10:38:29 AM »
I live in Portland and I give stuff to a Program called: Project Education, Art and Recreation. https://www.pearmentor.org

They give out boards to homeless and marginalized youth. They always need trucks as that's the hardest thing to come by.

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 01:25:40 PM »
under the ramp at your local
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 04:07:08 PM »
I’m doing a nonprofit work called boards not bombs recyclery where you’ve got used gear we’ll sand and reassemble shit boards to at least rideable turds and give them away.

I’ve been doing this on my own budget and at garage sale pawn shops and Craigslist hunks of shit with 4 wheels.
Dueces Bitch's

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 04:39:53 PM »
Promise me you won’t tell anyone, this is really fucked up and it’s hard to explain to people, but I know you’re safe and won’t judge me.

I list my stuff on Craigslist, things I know kids will like.  Baker, thunders, enjoi…. And I connect with them.  If they are an age I like, I send them the google earth data for the bush I put them in.

The gear is always in good shape and I never charge them.  No contact, no names, no strings attached.  I just leave the gear in the bush.  I just like to hang out with my binoculars and watch and make sure they get it.  This is very important to me.

I know I’m not doing anything illegal and no one gets hurt.  It’s just something I like doing but people never understand.  Just had to get that off my chest.  Thanks for being a friend.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2021, 03:52:19 AM »
I’m doing a nonprofit work called boards not bombs recyclery where you’ve got used gear we’ll sand and reassemble shit boards to at least rideable turds and give them away.

I’ve been doing this on my own budget and at garage sale pawn shops and Craigslist hunks of shit with 4 wheels.

Expand Quote
Promise me you won’t tell anyone, this is really fucked up and it’s hard to explain to people, but I know you’re safe and won’t judge me.

I list my stuff on Craigslist, things I know kids will like.  Baker, thunders, enjoi…. And I connect with them.  If they are an age I like, I send them the google earth data for the bush I put them in.

The gear is always in good shape and I never charge them.  No contact, no names, no strings attached.  I just leave the gear in the bush.  I just like to hang out with my binoculars and watch and make sure they get it.  This is very important to me.

I know I’m not doing anything illegal and no one gets hurt.  It’s just something I like doing but people never understand.  Just had to get that off my chest.  Thanks for being a friend.
[close]

This thread went from heartwarming to lolwut in 2 posts.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 09:22:57 AM »
maybe can engage the local skateshop..i did it that way, contacted the skateshop that i've known since 1991 and he helps find kids that really needs boards/skate stuffs. Sent all of my unused 8.25 decks to them.

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 12:26:50 PM »
http://boards4bros.org

They have donation locations in 6 states