Author Topic: Colour Correcting Tips?  (Read 578 times)

Billy Bitchcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Colour Correcting Tips?
« on: February 13, 2023, 06:09:57 AM »
I'm coming towards the end of editing a full length vid and am quite a few years out of the game these days with editing stuff. Anyone got a tips on which tools to focus on for correcting skate clips or anything in general? I've never been great at it beside setting the exposure and basic shit like that. Been looking a bit at LUTs - good idea or nah?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Colour Correcting Tips?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 07:03:31 AM »
Obviously the best bet is to do your best to not have to color correct much. It’s also better to not color correct than over do it. It’s easy to fly too close to the sun and you’ll end up with a video that looks like whichever over contrasted Happy Medium it was.
If you’re filming HD you can most likely bump up the brightness, lower the contrast and raise the blue levels to make your high def low light clips look better. Not really too sure why this isn’t done more as most low light HD looks like ass.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 10:07:20 AM »
Obviously the best bet is to do your best to not have to color correct much. It’s also better to not color correct than over do it. It’s easy to fly too close to the sun and you’ll end up with a video that looks like whichever over contrasted Happy Medium it was.

Most likely referring to Happy Medium 3

green

• Rep: 12
    • ig avatar image
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 07:24:28 AM »
I can't recommend Davinci Resolve enough – I recently made the transition from Premiere and haven't looked back.
And if you edit in another program then import the timeline into Resolve for color grading, there's a scene detection feature that will cut your whole timeline into individual clips to make things easier.

Here's a good intro to the program and workflow:

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 10:22:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Most likely referring to Happy Medium 3

Wow that’s pretty hard to watch looking back.  Those filmer brothers are known to sniff their own farts though so it’s not a surprise