Author Topic: Best way to edit on iOS (android welcome too)?  (Read 764 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Best way to edit on iOS (android welcome too)?
« on: August 20, 2021, 07:07:22 AM »
Happy Friday peeps
What is a good app for me to make edits on my iPhone? Would like to avoid any watermark bs

I noticed a lot of skaters put out little edits with tracks overtop of them, just very simple features like slow mo and ability to string more than 1 edited clip together. The stock editing software on iOS does not support this. I am pretty damn sure most guys doing this are just doing these edits on their phone. For the amount of work importing to PC and then re-sending it to my phone is, I figure there is no way these guys are doing that and its way too much work.

I was also wondering if anyone knows how Spanky does those edits with the flippys, is that just some app he has ?
ONTARIO CANADA

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Best way to edit on iOS (android welcome too)?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 09:17:16 AM »
I use InShot for editing on iPhone, it's the best one I've found. I paid for the full version a long time ago for a couple bucks but now it's subscription based I think (like $20 CAD a year).

I'm not sure what Spanky uses but I'd bet it's Photoshop Mix. It's a pretty straightforward image editing app.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 03:28:13 PM by doyle »

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 10:00:20 AM »
Not sure what Spanky uses but maybe Adobe Premiere? For basic editing, iMovie works for just slomos and cutting clips. For more options such as color correction, filters, cropping, slomo, etc. check out the GoPro Quik app. It’s free and you can import footage from your camera roll.

giantposer

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 05:35:25 AM »
I run an iPhone and use the app "Videoshop" you gotta pay like .99 cents a month for the full features but it can do just about anything. Plus you're able to use songs you download to your files from Safari.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 04:01:59 AM »
I run an iPhone and use the app "Videoshop" you gotta pay like .99 cents a month for the full features but it can do just about anything. Plus you're able to use songs you download to your files from Safari.
yea i use videoshop too, theres a little watermark if you don't pay but i just edit it in regular iphone format and then crop out the watermark. you can also screenrecord your song that you want and then bring it in, seperate the audio and video and then delete the video so theres only the audio.

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 12:35:45 PM »
Recently I've been dabbling with an android (possibly IOS too?) video editing app called Videoleap and it's probably the best I've used. You can trim clips really nicely, add any music and sync it up quite nicely, you can adjust the colour and overall look of the image well too, AND, you can export at 4K 60p and many more options. It's free, not sure about many of the other things it can do like text and other shit but it can do it. Way better than Adobe Rush or Push or whatever the fuck it was called. So far so good imo.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 05:54:53 AM »
Does any phone app have a key frames type thing for editing. Like I’m trying to make self filmed clips have movement and I can kinda do it with clips but I gotta drag the frame as recording and it’s doable but kinda difficult to do.

689r

• Rep: 3
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 07:09:39 AM »
Happy Friday peeps
What is a good app for me to make edits on my iPhone? Would like to avoid any watermark bs

I noticed a lot of skaters put out little edits with tracks overtop of them, just very simple features like slow mo and ability to string more than 1 edited clip together. The stock editing software on iOS does not support this. I am pretty damn sure most guys doing this are just doing these edits on their phone. For the amount of work importing to PC and then re-sending it to my phone is, I figure there is no way these guys are doing that and its way too much work.

I was also wondering if anyone knows how Spanky does those edits with the flippys, is that just some app he has ?

iMovie does everything you have mentioned here (I don't know the Spanky edits tho) and there is, of course, no watermark.  The trick to using non-Apple Music songs is to just screen record whilst playing the song on Spotify (for example) and then import the clip as "audio only".  I made a ten-minute skate video using only iMovie over the summer with slow-mo, multiple songs etc. etc.   Here it is so you can get an idea of what is do-able using iMovie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg7NE-BQhnQ

Does any phone app have a key frames type thing for editing. Like I’m trying to make self filmed clips have movement and I can kinda do it with clips but I gotta drag the frame as recording and it’s doable but kinda difficult to do.

I haven't found one yet, sadly.