Author Topic: John Dilo Interview  (Read 4798 times)

Mariatorresflores

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -95
Re: John Dilo Interview
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2022, 12:48:29 PM »
China should be banned from discussion on here

What about Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia and Honduras?

backspinflip

• Rep: -28
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2022, 12:48:40 PM »
John Dilo: Wow my interview is sure is generating a lot of buzz on slap :)

*opens thread*

linzrobertson

• Rep: -42
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2022, 09:40:07 PM »
Has it occurred to anyone that Dilo may be working on a Lakai intro part? I didn’t read the interview so forgive me if that wasn’t disclosed. If not for all we know he could be working on one. As far as the shoes, they’re garbage compared to the big dogs but if you’re skating a pair every few days it really doesn’t matter for health/joint issues. Could see him on NB or even (wildcard) Vans.

I skated lakais for years and switched to vans exclusively. I’ll never go back. The quality and comfort difference is night and day. As much as I’d love to support the OG smaller companies, my feet simply can’t do it. The shoes are inferior to a company like vans (modern day). Old vans definitely were not as good. But again, any pair of shoes brand new will be fine to skate, it’s just the big companies are much better built and will last longer, lakais are trash within a few sessions.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2022, 01:32:25 AM »
Has it occurred to anyone that Dilo may be working on a Lakai intro part? I didn’t read the interview so forgive me if that wasn’t disclosed. If not for all we know he could be working on one. As far as the shoes, they’re garbage compared to the big dogs but if you’re skating a pair every few days it really doesn’t matter for health/joint issues. Could see him on NB or even (wildcard) Vans.

I skated lakais for years and switched to vans exclusively. I’ll never go back. The quality and comfort difference is night and day.
As much as I’d love to support the OG smaller companies, my feet simply can’t do it. The shoes are inferior to a company like vans (modern day). Old vans definitely were not as good. But again, any pair of shoes brand new will be fine to skate, it’s just the big companies are much better built and will last longer, lakais are trash within a few sessions.

We must get different shoes in Europe cos I've experienced the opposite.

Or else Lakai have stepped their game back up in the last 2 years. Those Cambridge are legit. They last.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2022, 05:01:34 AM »
Expand Quote

I skated lakais for years and switched to vans exclusively. I’ll never go back. The quality and comfort difference is night and day.
As much as I’d love to support the OG smaller companies, my feet simply can’t do it. The shoes are inferior to a company like vans (modern day). Old vans definitely were not as good. But again, any pair of shoes brand new will be fine to skate, it’s just the big companies are much better built and will last longer, lakais are trash within a few sessions.
[close]

We must get different shoes in Europe cos I've experienced the opposite.

Or else Lakai have stepped their game back up in the last 2 years. Those Cambridge are legit. They last.

I was really excited about the Cambridge, however, that model seemed like it ushered in a bunch of other shoes that fit very oddly around that time. The insole they started using around that time made their shoes feel exactly like vans pros - they felt too low for me. Once they stopped using the griffin outsole on everything, they were basically unwearable to me. I had a million pairs of MJ’s/Dalys, Riley’s, and then the griffins and Sheffields, both XLK and vulc. Did some of my best skating in those.

Also, while I don’t disagree they didn’t cause my knee/ankle shit, skating their shoes certainly didn’t help it.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2022, 05:37:57 AM »
switch is the best console of this gen, free
ONTARIO CANADA

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2022, 09:16:42 AM »
Expand Quote
China should be banned from discussion on here
[close]

What about Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia and Honduras?

You're an idiot
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5