Author Topic: The Thunder Thread  (Read 39471 times)

Mixed Bag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: The Thunder Thread
« Reply #720 on: September 22, 2022, 05:41:34 PM »
A good amount of Ti rod (50%) that the US imports comes from Russia.

The other major suppliers are the Ukraine,
Kazakhstan, and Japan.

Given that two major suppliers are at war and Ti is a major component in the aerospace and defense industries,

I would tend to think we wonít see any titanium axles come through unless there are existing stocks somewhere.

FGO925

• Rep: 1
« Reply #721 on: September 23, 2022, 12:31:06 PM »
Stoked on my team hollows. Truck madness in full effect haha. One setup with ventures, one with Indyís, main one with these team hollow thunders.

I might be crazy but I usually rock a harder bushing on the bottom, stock on top and I ride my trucks medium loose. Might just be in my head but I feel like it gives the truck stability?

Anyone else rock harder bushings but keep their trucks loose?

Looking for bushings that would work in thunders as well. Iíve been digging the conical bottom bushing but not sure what it really does.

Supercush/bones in thunders? Or something that doesnít change the geometry I guess?

My experience with bones is that they ride fine but donít last for shit. I swear I always crack bushings.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #722 on: September 23, 2022, 01:24:21 PM »
Stoked on my team hollows. Truck madness in full effect haha. One setup with ventures, one with Indyís, main one with these team hollow thunders.

I might be crazy but I usually rock a harder bushing on the bottom, stock on top and I ride my trucks medium loose. Might just be in my head but I feel like it gives the truck stability?

Looking for bushings that would work in thunders as well. Iíve been digging the conical bottom bushing but not sure what it really does.

Supercush/bones in thunders? Or something that doesnít change the geometry I guess?

My experience with bones is that they ride fine but donít last for shit. I swear I always crack bushings.

in my experience the best bushings that work on thunders are the aftermarket ones. although bones would work too.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

FGO925

• Rep: 1
« Reply #723 on: September 23, 2022, 01:40:26 PM »
Meaning the Thunder aftermarket ones?

LebowskisRug

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #724 on: September 23, 2022, 02:07:55 PM »
Bones, some Riptides, Indy conical, and Thunder aftermarket all fit Thunder the best since they use a conical lower bushing. You could ride a cylinder lower, but it will change the dynamic of the trucks.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #725 on: September 23, 2022, 04:49:00 PM »

Might just be in my head but I feel like it gives the truck stability?

Yes I have definitely found this.

I use the Indy 92 duro conical bushings and they are more stable than the 90 stock, which also work well enough in Thunder trucks too when I tried them.

For Thunder if you did want to keep it brand appropriate the rebuild kits or the bushing tubes have the various duro options, including the 94 duro tube or 95 duro rebuild sets.

https://thundertrucks.com/catalog/fall22/14-th-fall-22-d1-cat-accesories.jpg

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.