75 (29.5%)
Thunder
64 (25.2%)
Venture
54 (21.3%)
Tensor/Theeve/Other
11 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Best trucks  (Read 6101 times)

anon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
Re: Best trucks
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2021, 08:54:53 AM »
About to get a new setup and I’m curious about Thunders. The deck I’m getting has a pretty short wheelbase and I’ve heard Thunders are better for pushing the wheelbase out slightly. My only concern is wheelbite. Are they are bad as everyone says? I seem to see that a lot as an issue. I’ll be riding 52mm wheels.
the 148s and up are 52mm high (team baseplates, forged is -1mm). i was able to skate 54mm wheels on them without any problems

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2021, 04:28:23 PM »
About to get a new setup and I’m curious about Thunders. The deck I’m getting has a pretty short wheelbase and I’ve heard Thunders are better for pushing the wheelbase out slightly. My only concern is wheelbite. Are they are bad as everyone says? I seem to see that a lot as an issue. I’ll be riding 52mm wheels.

They are an awesome truck, but they are lower than others.

What did you have before?

What size would you be getting?

A board I have no risers on tends to get a bit more wheelbite than a board I do have risers on, both with Thunder team 149s, both about 53-54 mm wheels with fairly loose trucks.

If you rode tighter trucks and anything in normal / team versions (not lower hollow forged) in 148 and up, you should be ok, but smaller size are lower.

You can easily put something under the baseplates if you do get wheelbite, even if it is a single mm or so riser made out of cardboard or rubber, just to see if it helps (which it will).

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

ridethegutter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2022, 05:27:49 AM »
I ride the hollow lights with 52 mm wheels. I get the same amount of wheelbite with ventures and indys. I just set up a board with ace af1’s. To no surprise, a little wheelbite.