Author Topic: For Free: HUUGE Transworld Magazine Collection (15 years)  (Read 580 times)

ihavetinyfeet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
For Free: HUUGE Transworld Magazine Collection (15 years)
« on: September 01, 2021, 10:31:21 PM »
This worked well the last time I did this for my video collection, so I'm doing it again.

This time I'm giving away my Transworld magazine collection. There are years, and years of magazine. Missing a few issues here and there, but essentially a full collection spanning 2000-20015. 16 years of Transworld! Btw, it's funny to see how the magazine shrunk smaller and smaller over the years..

Free to a good home, you just pay the shipping. I have no idea what the best shipping method would be, but open to advice/suggestions. Unfortunately Google says that media mail doesn't allow magazine. Which stinks, cause this collection is HEAVY. I'm located in CA. If you feel like making a drive to pick them up, that might work.

Respond here or DM me if you're interested. Oh, and I'm trying to give away the whole collection at once. No cherry picking.

Thanks!

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 30
    • Voicemail avatar image
Re: For Free: HUUGE Transworld Magazine Collection (15 years)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 03:06:39 PM »
PM’D :)

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 08:34:06 PM »
Where in CA?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 08:38:33 PM »
Look back library Kevin will take those, and USPS will let you ship those as media mail but prob not that whole stack at once haha.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 11:07:15 PM »
gnarred again for your recurring community service.
you truely have a big heart, besides your tiny feet.

ihavetinyfeet

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 02:17:45 PM »
I should have just said I live in Central CA haha
Apparently a lot of SLAP lives in CA, but they are southern or northern.
Mags still available, and to anyone. I just can't say what shipping cost will be.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 12:46:16 AM »

This is not me, but here is the info for you.  Might be worth getting in touch.

https://www.instagram.com/lookbacklibrary/

Look Back Library - -
Community
the historic preservation society for skateboard magazines & all things in print related to skating. we build publicly accessible magazine libraries /
lookbacklibrary.org/t/magazines

https://lookbacklibrary.org/t/magazines

From the "About" page:

ORIGINS: THIS JOURNEY BEGAN IN SEPTEMBER 1986 WHEN I BOUGHT A THRASHER MAGAZINE WITH MARK GONZALES ON THE COVER. I'VE BEEN COLLECTING MAGAZINES EVER SINCE & OVER THE YEARS HAVE DEVELOPED A DEEP SENSE OF WANTING TO PRESERVE THIS FORM OF COMMUNICATION. IN 2015 I TOOK ON A PET PROJECT TO IMPROVE THE SKATE MAGAZINE LIBRARY AT LAUNCH - COMMUNITY THROUGH SKATEBOARDING. THAT PROCESS LED TO MULTIPLE PARTNERSHIPS WITH OTHER MAGAZINE LIBRARIES & COLLECTORS AROUND THE WORLD. I WAS QUICKLY SWIMMING IN DOUBLES & THE IDEA OCCURRED TO ME THAT I SHOULD CREATE A PLATFORM TO BUILD A MYRIAD OF OTHER LIBRARIES FROM THOSE DUPLICATES.

ASPIRATIONS: THROUGH YOUR MAGAZINE DONATIONS, IT'S OUR INTENTION TO WORK DILIGENTLY TO FILL HOLES IN THE COLLECTIONS OF OUR COLLECTIVE MEMBERS & TO SEEK NEW LOCATIONS TO HOUSE FUTURE LIBRARIES. ARE YOU READY TO DONATE YOUR MAGAZINES?
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 09:59:47 PM »

This is not me, but here is the info for you.  Might be worth getting in touch.

https://www.instagram.com/lookbacklibrary/

Look Back Library - -
Community
the historic preservation society for skateboard magazines & all things in print related to skating. we build publicly accessible magazine libraries /
lookbacklibrary.org/t/magazines

https://lookbacklibrary.org/t/magazines

From the "About" page:

ORIGINS: THIS JOURNEY BEGAN IN SEPTEMBER 1986 WHEN I BOUGHT A THRASHER MAGAZINE WITH MARK GONZALES ON THE COVER. I'VE BEEN COLLECTING MAGAZINES EVER SINCE & OVER THE YEARS HAVE DEVELOPED A DEEP SENSE OF WANTING TO PRESERVE THIS FORM OF COMMUNICATION. IN 2015 I TOOK ON A PET PROJECT TO IMPROVE THE SKATE MAGAZINE LIBRARY AT LAUNCH - COMMUNITY THROUGH SKATEBOARDING. THAT PROCESS LED TO MULTIPLE PARTNERSHIPS WITH OTHER MAGAZINE LIBRARIES & COLLECTORS AROUND THE WORLD. I WAS QUICKLY SWIMMING IN DOUBLES & THE IDEA OCCURRED TO ME THAT I SHOULD CREATE A PLATFORM TO BUILD A MYRIAD OF OTHER LIBRARIES FROM THOSE DUPLICATES.

ASPIRATIONS: THROUGH YOUR MAGAZINE DONATIONS, IT'S OUR INTENTION TO WORK DILIGENTLY TO FILL HOLES IN THE COLLECTIONS OF OUR COLLECTIVE MEMBERS & TO SEEK NEW LOCATIONS TO HOUSE FUTURE LIBRARIES. ARE YOU READY TO DONATE YOUR MAGAZINES?

Kevin's the man, please get at him.

ihavetinyfeet

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 01:59:06 PM »
I think we have a winner. Thanks to everyone for playing.
For those interested, I hit up Kevin. We live too far apart, and the shipping doesn't make sense for him. I definitely like the project that he's doing.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2021, 06:05:08 PM »
That definitely makes sense.

Being realistic, even one box of magazines is pretty heavy, just like a box of blank paper reams (which is what I keep all my old mags in) and those things are best moved one at a time around here, so I couldn't imagine shipping a half dozen boxes of them across the country.

At least someone else will be able to benefit from having them.

It is always amazing going through old mags.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.