Author Topic: Them & Brain Dead present: Future Shred Technology (Roller Blading)  (Read 3079 times)

anillusionofthepants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Very interesting how this hits all the same notes as a skate video.
Even down to the Strobeck filming and roll-away poses (waiter arms, Larry Perkins/Dime gangster leans, safety hands, etc).
Overall I enjoyed this quite a bit.

autisticskaterkowabunga

• Rep: -30
  • im a gay bitch
Re: Them & Brain Dead present: Future Shred Technology (Roller Blading)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 07:01:21 PM »
Splinetic as fuck

autisticskaterkowabunga

• Rep: -30
  • im a gay bitch
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 07:08:19 PM »
Some might call these swaggots cosplayers but if so what is sabotage lmfao

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 111
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 07:59:37 PM »
Israel shirt calf grab made me turn this off
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

kilgoret

• Rep: -35
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 08:34:14 PM »
Hahaha...fuck it. Rollerblading will never be "cool" but I love how they finally bit skate videos to a tee to trick this social media shit gen into believing they are "cool" and I'm sure it will work like a charm. Anything to take some shine away from the delusional narcissism of todays wack ass skateboarders. Love it.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 09:08:03 PM »
Clicked because brain dead, stayed out of curiosity. Some cool maneuvers in there for sure, glad these guys are having fun.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 09:44:26 PM »
this is actually the coolest shit ive seen in my entire life

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1126
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 10:10:17 PM »
I love it when they steez out the landings as if that could somehow nullify the fact they just did some fruity rollerblade trick.

It also haunts me that there’s probably a good Chuck of the general population that sees skateboarding as I see these knuckleheads.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2021, 12:42:00 AM »
does everyone just have a set of blades and shoes on them at all time or do the filmers and guys watching traffic just film the entire time and just wear shoes.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2021, 01:30:15 AM »
i kinda dig them skates after bing watching some videos a couple months ago bc th yt algorithm recommended me them
https://www.youtube.com/user/bladingcup/videos

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2021, 01:41:59 AM »
We always used to kook the bladers in the 90s and I didn't even know they still existed until I spotted one at a skatepark last year. I watched a few minutes of the vid but it does absolutely nothing to me. Is that stuff they do even hard to do? Anyway to each his own etc.

It also haunts me that there’s probably a good Chuck of the general population that sees skateboarding as I see these knuckleheads.

That's entirely possible. I guess most of them think it's a kids' toy and can't comprehend why an adult would play with it. At the same a lot of them are impressed when they see an old dude do a trick on a skateboard because most people have stepped on a skateboard at one point in their life and they know it's not all that easy.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

gri

• Rep: 19
  • papauueueppe
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2021, 01:49:27 AM »

Haha I had the same fears regarding scooters. When I told another skater, he said no way the general public would see scooters (or rollerblades for that matter) the same as skateboarding. Because with those, almost everyone could roll around after some minutes and although they do crazy tricks, there is something about skateboarding that is more fascinating cause it's not attached or held.. that made me believe in our superiority again  8)
shout out birds

6000 sux

• Rep: 16
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2021, 05:07:08 AM »
We always used to kook the bladers in the 90s and I didn't even know they still existed until I spotted one at a skatepark last year. I watched a few minutes of the vid but it does absolutely nothing to me. Is that stuff they do even hard to do? Anyway to each his own etc.

Expand Quote
[close]

That's entirely possible. I guess most of them think it's a kids' toy and can't comprehend why an adult would play with it. At the same a lot of them are impressed when they see an old dude do a trick on a skateboard because most people have stepped on a skateboard at one point in their life and they know it's not all that easy.
i’m sure a great deal of it is hard to do, or at least scarier to do on rollerblades as opposed to on a skateboard that you can just kick away. the commitment factor seems gnarlier at times.

also, if you care about the general public’s perception of skateboarding you probably shouldn’t do it, most people regard it as a nuisance at best or think absolutely nothing when they see it. most non-skaters who watched skating in the olympics thought it was terribly boring and were not impressed at all.

i thought this was enjoyable to watch, certainly held my attention better than some recent skate videos, probably just because it’s something different, even if a lot of it felt like a ripoff of modern skateboarding trends. it’s fun to see spots used in a different way i guess.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2021, 05:40:21 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i’m sure a great deal of it is hard to do, or at least scarier to do on rollerblades as opposed to on a skateboard that you can just kick away. the commitment factor seems gnarlier at times.

also, if you care about the general public’s perception of skateboarding you probably shouldn’t do it, most people regard it as a nuisance at best or think absolutely nothing when they see it. most non-skaters who watched skating in the olympics thought it was terribly boring and were not impressed at all.

i thought this was enjoyable to watch, certainly held my attention better than some recent skate videos, probably just because it’s something different, even if a lot of it felt like a ripoff of modern skateboarding trends. it’s fun to see spots used in a different way i guess.

That's not my experience. I have come across many people from different age groups watching me skate and showing love or respect. An elderly dude watched me kickflip a mini curb and applauded, telling me I was better than the young kids. Dudes (dads) my age tell me how they skated when they were young but can't do it anymore. A school teacher who was working Saturdays at the school yard I was skating praised my courage. And obviously most kids ask me to do a kickflip, and some asked me to try their boards to tell them if they are good.

As a matter of fact now that I think about it, we were often chased of spots when we were kids but not now that I am an old dude. Might have to do with the fact that back in the day we were many, we were loud, made a mess and basically acted like a bunch of morons whereas now I skate alone and at best I leave the spot cleaner than it was before.

Tl;dr: I think an old dude skating is perceived more as an oddity than as a nuisance.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Fhk

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2021, 06:32:16 AM »
Very interesting how this hits all the same notes as a skate video.
Even down to the Strobeck filming and roll-away poses (waiter arms, Larry Perkins/Dime gangster leans, safety hands, etc).
Overall I enjoyed this quite a bit.

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2021, 08:23:23 AM »
I fucked with Brain Dead for about a year until I realized they were fruit boot affiliated. Felt dirty and used tbh. Anyone doing collabs with Devendra Banhart is ok in my book tho.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

nickpaolucci

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2021, 09:03:17 AM »
i envy their ability to hit spots w/ no runup.

artskool

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2021, 10:18:14 AM »
I can't believe I made it 5 minutes into a rollerblade video. I like the girl who doesn't really do any hard tricks, and somehow looks even more chill than she should be.

artskool

• Rep: 34
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2021, 10:21:12 AM »
Also, strangely enough I saw one of these guys at my local one morning a year or so ago. He and his friend kept mean mugging us like we were always one second away from fucking with us. I think a lot of these cool guy bladerzzz suffer from massive inferiority complexes.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2021, 10:42:33 AM »
It’s not “cool,” there’s no money in it, and, aesthetically, it looks awful: you gotta respect the people who can stick with something like that.

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
  • breathcakes
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2021, 11:26:46 AM »
It’s not “cool,” there’s no money in it, and, aesthetically, it looks awful: you gotta respect the people who can stick with something like that.

it's also much braver to do this in public. seeing it at the skatepark isn't weird or out of place.

and i feel like 'less is more' approach to style vs. technicality very much applies here in my opinion. i'm all for the gross-ass tricks, but i feel there's a huge divide between what looks graceful vs. clunky. yeah that isreal shirt guy was like a sore thumb.

I like the girl who doesn't really do any hard tricks, and somehow looks even more chill than she should be.

yeah, i love her 'i'm dead inside' style so much.

kilgoret

• Rep: -35
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2021, 11:36:32 AM »
I can't believe I made it 5 minutes into a rollerblade video. I like the girl who doesn't really do any hard tricks, and somehow looks even more chill than she should be.

Nah..that girl is chill. She looks better on those fruitboots than most skateboarders look these days IMO.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2021, 12:31:23 PM »
This thread reminds me of a question I’ve wanted to ask for a while: what’s up with the revival of old school
Quad-wheel roller skates, and why do they seem to be more accepted than inline?

I don’t really care one way or the other for either sport, I think they’re easier to share a park with than scooters and they don’t fuck up ledges like BMX so whatever, looks kinda lame to me but it’s all good if that’s what someone else is into.

But still, it seems like roller skates are becoming pretty accepted, while in-line is still hated. Is there a reason?

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2021, 01:23:28 PM »

But still, it seems like roller skates are becoming pretty accepted, while in-line is still hated. Is there a reason?
That's why

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2021, 01:26:05 PM »
^We ride the same bearings as them?

Edit: first song is Aaron loreths in 917 1
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2021, 01:30:18 PM »
I'm calling them out for using Aaron Loreth's song from the first 917 video. Other than that, I got no beef with this video.

one-off

• Rep: 108
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2021, 01:38:18 PM »
Great, now I’ll look like even more of an idiot in the Brain Dead Kiko Asics

Video is so good, especially enjoyed the GX1000 bits where it’s anyone’s guess whether there’s a board or blades below the torso

thps4

• Rep: 2
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2021, 04:20:22 PM »
Seeing quite a few bladers at the parks here now. They're always nice guys. Kind of like snowboarders but dorkier. I'll always lap up a jungle moment, but I'm glad there's the hill footy because it looks like the winter classic any time they're pushing.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -138
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2021, 01:36:32 PM »
Fuck skating I am gonna grab me some blades. I wonder if there is a Braille/ Revive version of rollerblading
big texas cummer

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2021, 07:02:30 PM »
oddly captivating