Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 133691 times)

Krooked antihero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #600 on: November 20, 2021, 03:06:16 AM »
Expand Quote

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I really appreciate you going through the trouble of measuring and posting a great review also. These are tempting me like mad. If only the postage to Finland wasn’t 25€, I might snatch a set of the 149s even though I really don’t need new trucks.  ;D

Edit:
Took it to insta like a man and asked about the possibility of 8.75” trucks:

upload images
[close]

Sick! I’m glad they’re doing 8.75’s. Hopefully a 9.0 in the future too.

25€ Shipping from Sweden to Finland. Wow.
$11 to ship to the US
It costs almost the same to take a ferry from here to Sweden and go buy them locally lol.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #601 on: November 20, 2021, 03:28:38 AM »
Expand Quote

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I really appreciate you going through the trouble of measuring and posting a great review also. These are tempting me like mad. If only the postage to Finland wasn’t 25€, I might snatch a set of the 149s even though I really don’t need new trucks.  ;D

Edit:
Took it to insta like a man and asked about the possibility of 8.75” trucks:

upload images
[close]

Sick! I’m glad they’re doing 8.75’s. Hopefully a 9.0 in the future too.

25€ Shipping from Sweden to Finland. Wow.
$11 to ship to the US
The free shipping with a piece of clothing promo is still going. You can get a beanie and save 4 euro over all. The shipping rate is still whack though.

IpathCats

« Reply #602 on: November 20, 2021, 04:03:57 PM »
Second session today. Starting to get used to the height. Starting to really enjoy these, great turn and grind. I'm able to run them tight, but if I lean hard I still get a very deep turn. Super stable and maneuverable. Once I get my pop timing adjusted to 55mm I think I'm really gonna like these.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #603 on: November 21, 2021, 03:05:32 AM »
Second session today. Starting to get used to the height. Starting to really enjoy these, great turn and grind. I'm able to run them tight, but if I lean hard I still get a very deep turn. Super stable and maneuverable. Once I get my pop timing adjusted to 55mm I think I'm really gonna like these.

does it feel stable when setting up for tricks?

IpathCats

« Reply #604 on: November 21, 2021, 03:19:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't feel that wobble you get when setting up for tricks while going fast, but I am running them kinda tight.

STAH

• Rep: 4
« Reply #605 on: November 21, 2021, 01:26:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

compared to Ace, Absolutely. If you're used to skating loose trucks you wont have any issues. I skate my trucks more on the medium side. I never noticed any issues with stability setting up for tricks in the hour or two that I skated with them.

mushiebushings

• Rep: 2
« Reply #606 on: November 21, 2021, 03:32:57 PM »
hello! I've been skating with my lurps 5-6 sessions now, 2 different skateparks and 1 street session. And i gotta say they turn really fast and the bushings seem to be off really high quality, the rebound is insane! The pop feels just like an indy,

i've been riding indys the last decade or so, dabbled with some ace AF1 and i used to like Venture hi back in the days =) but mostly riding indys since day one.
 So the Lurpivs basically feels like an vintage indy with modern/top notch manufacturing process, same wheelbase same height etc, and i can confirm that third party (axel)nuts work just fine to use for the kingpin..

i've done some tinkering tonight as the madness took over :D so i can confirm first hand that regular nuts work, the ones i used were independent. i will try to post pictures in a while of the tinkering and trucks. peace!
 oh btw, crook variations feels awesome on these trucks!

mushiebushings

« Reply #607 on: November 21, 2021, 04:40:49 PM »
Potato

mushiebushings

« Reply #608 on: November 21, 2021, 04:42:02 PM »
Front truck.

mushiebushings

« Reply #609 on: November 21, 2021, 04:43:26 PM »
Baseplate with a new nut, aka regular axelnuts.

mushiebushings

« Reply #610 on: November 21, 2021, 04:45:17 PM »
Lurpiv kingpin with regular axelnut close up.

Koutsi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #611 on: November 21, 2021, 10:33:45 PM »
No matter how much you tinker with your kingpin nut it will not sit solid. Kingpin leans when the truck turns. Also, alunut nylock seems pretty useless...my kingpins loosen like turn and half during a two hour session. Sure u can replace the alu nut with a std axle nut but then the kingpin lean get worse as the nut hex makes no contact with the baseplate. I just hope baeplates don't get ruined before a more sensible solution appears. Shame really.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #612 on: November 22, 2021, 12:21:38 AM »

Shit, I dont understand that kingpin. it gets thiner at the bottom?? ???
So, if you're using an axle nut does it mean that it goes from the thickness of a normal kingpin to an axle thickness? That sounds a bit sketchy and prone to breakage with such a thin kingpin, no? Would it even fit other brand's kingpin? Weird choice.

To the guy that the Kingpin comes loose, would it be because the kingpin isn't engaging with the nylock at the end of the nut? Would flipping the nut upside down help? That way you screw through the nylock from the start and in theory it should stay tight.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Koutsi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #613 on: November 22, 2021, 12:53:52 AM »
Kingpin surely does pass through the nut, enough so that I was able to screw the pin in through the original alu nut (hex support) followed by upsidedown std axle nut (better nylock?). The pin indeed does have a shoulder and goes from trad. OD to axle size at thread part.
The pin nut is also the same as used in wheel mounting...the machined washer up against.baseplate  is 😬

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #614 on: November 22, 2021, 02:42:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shit, I dont understand that kingpin. it gets thiner at the bottom?? ???
So, if you're using an axle nut does it mean that it goes from the thickness of a normal kingpin to an axle thickness? That sounds a bit sketchy and prone to breakage with such a thin kingpin, no? Would it even fit other brand's kingpin? Weird choice.

I will make a guess here (since I have never seen the trucks in real life) and might be all wrong, but I assume that the unthreaded section of the kingpin goes all the way into the baseplate hole. If the nut is positioned low enough for this to happen, the only forces on the threaded part would act along the kingpin. This could reduce the risk of the kingpin breaking since there are no bending moments acting on the threaded section (only the bushings' tightening/pulling force, along the kingpin). If this is the case, it is a very clever design to reduce kingpin breakage but still, why not keep the traditional kingpin dimensions just in case and make it indestructible? Could be another means to reduce weight?
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #615 on: November 22, 2021, 03:29:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's probably metric, but its just kind of annoying when most people use regular skate tools.
[close]

If it is indeed metric, are the threads metric or will a standard axle nut work on it?  That would be a big bummer if you can't use a standard nut to replace it when the nylock does give out.
[close]

I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't sure if metric had different thread specs though.

Metric certainly is an advantage for Euro riders, because it conforms with commonly accessible tooling. I still don't own a skate tool.

If this is a metric based truck - I'm looking forward to get a pair.

For USA riders, metric is disadvantage, because especially all skate accessories are imperial based.

IpathCats

« Reply #616 on: November 22, 2021, 04:50:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's probably metric, but its just kind of annoying when most people use regular skate tools.
[close]

If it is indeed metric, are the threads metric or will a standard axle nut work on it?  That would be a big bummer if you can't use a standard nut to replace it when the nylock does give out.
[close]

I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't sure if metric had different thread specs though.
[close]

Metric certainly is an advantage for Euro riders, because it conforms with commonly accessible tooling. I still don't own a skate tool.

If this is a metric based truck - I'm looking forward to get a pair.

For USA riders, metric is disadvantage, because especially all skate accessories are imperial based.

Yea, really wish we could all just use metric. I'm willing to go through the couple year period of mental conversion/confusion if we could just all get on the same page.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #617 on: November 22, 2021, 06:40:33 AM »
Got my tracking number

mushiebushings

« Reply #618 on: November 22, 2021, 06:59:51 AM »
I've been trying both the standard axelnut and the Lurpiv ones now, and it's the same amount of play with the kingpin with both nuts. Atleast in my set of trucks.

The thick part on the kingpin after the threads sink in a bit in the baseplate, and in theory it should relieve stress. The only difference i could notice with the nuts was that the "rotation-play" in the baseplate were greater with the indy nuts,, but the nylock is much better! So a litte more "rotation-play" in the baseplate is nothing i'm going to worry about. :D And i ride my trucks fairly loose, not stupid loose though.

IpathCats

« Reply #619 on: November 22, 2021, 07:18:05 AM »

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 200
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #620 on: November 22, 2021, 08:56:56 AM »
are the lurpiv's better than ace af1 and ace classic?

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #621 on: November 22, 2021, 09:00:26 AM »

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #622 on: November 22, 2021, 09:13:56 AM »
hello! I've been skating with my lurps 5-6 sessions now, 2 different skateparks and 1 street session. And i gotta say they turn really fast and the bushings seem to be off really high quality, the rebound is insane! The pop feels just like an indy,

i've been riding indys the last decade or so, dabbled with some ace AF1 and i used to like Venture hi back in the days =) but mostly riding indys since day one.
 So the Lurpivs basically feels like an vintage indy with modern/top notch manufacturing process, same wheelbase same height etc, and i can confirm that third party (axel)nuts work just fine to use for the kingpin..

i've done some tinkering tonight as the madness took over :D so i can confirm first hand that regular nuts work, the ones i used were independent. i will try to post pictures in a while of the tinkering and trucks. peace!
 oh btw, crook variations feels awesome on these trucks!

Did you measure the wheelbase and the Lurps added 3 inches like Indys?

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #623 on: November 22, 2021, 10:19:31 AM »
No matter how much you tinker with your kingpin nut it will not sit solid. Kingpin leans when the truck turns. Also, alunut nylock seems pretty useless...my kingpins loosen like turn and half during a two hour session. Sure u can replace the alu nut with a std axle nut but then the kingpin lean get worse as the nut hex makes no contact with the baseplate. I just hope baeplates don't get ruined before a more sensible solution appears. Shame really.
will adding steelstik inside the baseplate not fix this?

There was a concern about the kingpin in regards to it being narrower and possibly weaker near the baseplate. On the Lurpiv website they mention they’re using 42CrMoS4 steel alloy for the kingpin and axles. If it’s true then they should have a tensile strength of something like 160k/psi before they would sheer if I converted(and understand) it right. I think they should handle the stress of skating fairly well

Got an updated email from UPS saying they’ll be delivered today, but no new shipping progress since they were in Germany the other day. Not too optimistic they’ll show up before my long weekend
fuck you bama

IpathCats

« Reply #624 on: November 22, 2021, 10:33:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
will adding steelstik inside the baseplate not fix this?

There was a concern about the kingpin in regards to it being narrower and possibly weaker near the baseplate. On the Lurpiv website they mention they’re using 42CrMoS4 steel alloy for the kingpin and axles. If it’s true then they should have a tensile strength of something like 160k/psi before they would sheer if I converted(and understand) it right. I think they should handle the stress of skating fairly well

Got an updated email from UPS saying they’ll be delivered today, but no new shipping progress since they were in Germany the other day. Not too optimistic they’ll show up before my long weekend

Gnar'd for scientific calculations and level headed patience. I'm rooting for you to get your trucks before the holiday weekend.

pops

• Rep: 220
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #625 on: November 22, 2021, 10:51:12 AM »

'Better' in what way? How people like their trucks is very subjective.

IpathCats

« Reply #626 on: November 22, 2021, 11:01:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

'Better' in what way? How people like their trucks is very subjective.

Yea, I started trying to respond to this, and just gave up.

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #627 on: November 22, 2021, 03:10:54 PM »
there is a great thread here for you to read through and make that decision.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #628 on: November 22, 2021, 05:26:37 PM »
I'd try these if not for the height. After moving from ATG tensors (pretty sure they're 55mm high) to theeves (52-53mm high I think?) I wanna go lower for that extra snappy feel. But it's great to see a product by a skater for skaters that seems to be really well designed. If I ever want a tall truck these will probably be it.

antarctica

• Rep: 21
  • why
« Reply #629 on: November 22, 2021, 09:23:31 PM »
how do these mall grab lol