Author Topic: Can somone explain this sketchy move by...  (Read 5164 times)

stevedave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Can somone explain this sketchy move by...
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2021, 07:19:39 AM »
a loafer is pretty much just a slip-on janoski.  I have no problem with them.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2021, 08:27:31 AM »
a loafer is pretty much just a slip-on janoski.  I have no problem with them.

Tell 'em stevedave.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2021, 08:39:55 AM »
Why the loafers all the time?
Apparently loafers are what skateboarders imagine rich people wear all day/every day.
Think of it as an aspirational design.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2021, 08:56:33 AM »

In this case I think it's Dylan's influence still five years on. Also I'm sure Herman is still at least invested in HRS and this seems to be a more affordable, skate oriented sister company (hence the name similarly and fact this loafer looks like a more skate friendly version of HRS Del Rey)

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2021, 11:09:24 AM »
I back this. I just wish there would be some cupsole options. We all don't get younger.
IG: @flowterspace

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2021, 11:26:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In this case I think it's Dylan's influence still five years on. Also I'm sure Herman is still at least invested in HRS and this seems to be a more affordable, skate oriented sister company (hence the name similarly and fact this loafer looks like a more skate friendly version of HRS Del Rey)

Yea I really wanted the mule version of the del ray that Ellington’s company made, but 395 for that hoe, I know it’s handmade in Italy or whatever the fuck, but I can’t afford to spend a quarter months rent on literally half a shoe cause I thought they were cool, but who knows maybe I’ll win the lottery one day I can get some to fulfill my “the Lebowski” fit. That I wear to the grocery store and walking my dog
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

artskool

• Rep: 30
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2021, 12:13:30 PM »
So, Ellington and Herman wanted to start a shoe company that makes loafers called Hours, but E wanted them to be $400 and H wanted them to be $60 so they had to start two completely separate companies? And E has a pro shoe with Li Ning at the same time, which is pretty much half way in between those price points. He should have just had Li Ning make a loafer too, and called the "ours" to really make it all as confusing as possible.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2021, 12:44:55 PM »
So, Ellington and Herman wanted to start a shoe company that makes loafers called Hours, but E wanted them to be $400 and H wanted them to be $60 so they had to start two completely separate companies? And E has a pro shoe with Li Ning at the same time, which is pretty much half way in between those price points. He should have just had Li Ning make a loafer too, and called the "ours" to really make it all as confusing as possible.

I think it was the other way around, I'm pretty sure it started with HRS and then Herman left and did Hours

'And E has a pro shoe with Li Ning at the same time, which is pretty much half way in between those price points. He should have just had Li Ning make a loafer too

Regardless of price, the Li Ning shoes are skate shoes and the HRS are not, they're lifestyle shoes and boots. Also, I'm sure Ellington would rather own his own company rather and be sponsored by another rather than just be sponsored by one company. Li-Ning does sportswear shit, I don't see them giving him a boutique shoe line.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2021, 01:00:47 PM »
im confused, i didnt think hours has anything to do with globe?
completely different distros for canada atleast.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2021, 01:49:29 PM »
im confused, i didnt think hours has anything to do with globe?
completely different distros for canada atleast.
I think people are just trying to say they ripped the design. You know globes very original design of the penny loafer.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2021, 01:58:38 PM »
Penny loafers are for rooks & plebes; you wanna get with the hustle, stuff your loafers with 1 oz gold Krugerrand.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2021, 02:28:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yea I really wanted the mule version of the del ray that Ellington’s company made, but 395 for that hoe, I know it’s handmade in Italy or whatever the fuck, but I can’t afford to spend a quarter months rent on literally half a shoe cause I thought they were cool, but who knows maybe I’ll win the lottery one day I can get some to fulfill my “the Lebowski” fit. That I wear to the grocery store and walking my dog

you could have just said spend a months rent on a pair of shoes, way less confusing

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2021, 02:47:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

you could have just said spend a months rent on a pair of shoes, way less confusing
!!!

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2021, 02:57:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Where the fuck you living for 400 bucks a month?
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

WideFeet

• Rep: 81
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2021, 03:39:54 PM »
Actually pretty genuinely interested in this company, herm is sick and the shoes look like they would skate pretty good, the loafer model I keep seeing looks good, and there is a court inspired silhouette with a dipped toe (Ellington vibes) that looks like it would skate alright, couple other slip on models that looks similar to the Supra Cuban which I thought was Supra’s best shoe personally

I think their dope and stoked to check them out in person.

The Cuba was one of Supra’s first shoes and they made that shoe until they folded. It’s seemed to have proven to be a well received shoe. Surprised no one else has made a silhouette like it. Especially Vans.

HUF had one like it when they first started doing shoes, but I don’t think it was around long

BinkyConklinFan

• Rep: 4
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2021, 06:23:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Apparently loafers are what skateboarders imagine rich people wear all day/every day.
Think of it as an aspirational design.

I feel like this is a lot of skate fashion right now. The look I'm thinking is "you think that guy owns a boat?"

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2021, 08:34:17 PM »
Idk if Globe is in shops but I know they have offices in El Segundo because I tried to get a job there. So, they're real.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Brguy

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2021, 10:25:07 PM »
Surely these shoes won't last a bit, they look so thin. Either way they're probably gonna sell enough because they're not hideous and it's Bryan Herman selling them.