Author Topic: Move over Supreme. $1400 Mama Skate pants are in town.  (Read 64137 times)

ManimalChin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
Re: Move over Supreme. $1400 Mama Skate pants are in town.
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2021, 06:00:23 PM »
Try to stay out of these threads but the Berra Youtube post is hilarious. Berra is promoting this clique so hard because he thinks it's really what kids are into these days, and maybe some are. He wants to start a reality show/live stream type of situation where people donate and subscribe (pay money) to just watch people like Leandre and MamaSkate on the daily. I'm sure it won't be a hard sell since she already has her own fan subscription service but I'm not sure it's going to be a situation where they make any money.

Everyone speculates about Berra and his scientology influence on skaters and how he exploits all these people he promotes *for free* (aka doesn't pay) on his IG and YouTube and most everything I've read here is fairly correct.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2021, 06:03:36 PM »
You can’t be on a moral high horse and be ok with blatantly ripping off people.

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2021, 06:12:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The magnetic moniker "skatepussy" caught my eye as a 33-year-old woman. I yearned to know more and found this captivating interview by a budding cannabis-infused beverage company. I learned the dame is in the erotica business, and has "long-ass rose fingernails" which do not hamper her joint-rolling proficiency. She's also a "daring" professional skateboarder and an inspiring rapper. She also vocally laments, passionately, the discriminatory practices in the world of professional skateboarding against women skaters.

“I’m gonna make my boards and make myself a pro,” she said firmly. “I’m not gonna wait in line for a greasy, wrinkled, guy to take a percentage of my board money. If I’m risking my livelihood, I want to make 100 percent of my money. I’m building my lemonade stand and y’all can wait in line.”

Good on her saying something so brave yet so controversial. She then goes on to inform younger readers to “buy an ounce and a vibrator.” A real life coach.

Above she can be seen hanging out with family while smoking. The interview goes on to state she has a new Benz and a fully paid for house at 26. A struggle any aspiring professional skateboarder can relate to.

After reading this interview and glancing at my driveway brimming with exotic sports cars and pallets of Kreper kingpins I bemoan the up-and-coming floozies. Hopefully, there's just enough to go around.
[close]

This is interesting. I've noticed with the huge boom in skating happening again there's a lot of newer skaters who instead of trying to embrace the culture, are trying to create their own outside of it. It happens on a local level and with people like this it's happening at the pro level as well. This loser thinking the "traditional" route to becoming a pro is exclusionary or something and thinking they can just bypass all of that and do it anyway. Like they've discovered this revolutionary way of being defiant against the elitist industry who would never turn her pro because she doesn't "fit the mold" (ie she sucks at skating). Not surprising Skategoat is involved because his career is the embodiment of that approach. although I'm not sure how much of that is his doing.
[close]

Also let's just pretend for a second she can actually Ollie. In fact let's go crazy and pretend she can skate well enough to legitimately be pro.
What wrinkled old men own companies that could somehow exploit her for money? Ed with toy? Rick and Mike with girl?  The brands/owners and pros both mutually benefit.   Like how dare a company advertise for you and make all your product and distribute it around the world using connections they've made from decades of business. (And yes I know Ed doesn't actually own toy machine)

She's basically just parroting a fashionable narrative to make it sound like she's part of the under-represented in skateboarding. But we don't have to pretend about her skills because she does in fact suck, and she seems to care more about her OnlyFans, Mercedes, acrylic nails and boutique fashion brands like LV and Gucci than actual skateboarding.

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2021, 06:52:27 PM »
So is anyone gonna post skate mamas only fans nudes or what

TheDingus

« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2021, 06:57:46 PM »

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2021, 07:52:41 PM »
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2021, 07:53:33 PM »
i agree with most everyone’s comments on that berra post, but also isn’t it odd the berrics don’t promote female skaters that aren’t attractive?? like all these insta skaters they’re hot on are attractive women. it’s always felt like berra was trying to use his influence to get some ass, but with how sensitive he is to any criticism towards these gals it’s pretty apparent that he has more skin in the game than just them having a desk in his office and him maybe liking how they ride their skateboards

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2021, 08:02:50 PM »
“It used to be you had to be a good skateboarder or a photographer or a filmer or an artist that contributed to the skateboarding eco system in some kind of way and that’s how you earned your voice, but times have changed I suppose. A new lane for the new generation that’s developed as a result of social media…”

…is culture vulture losers who haven’t earned squat but feel they’re owed a spot at the top of the skate hierarchy and pro status because… people like the Berrics try to legitimize their shit. Can’t believe he wrote that and didn’t realize how much he was describing mamaskate to a T, in addition to all the other Instagram/youtubers he promotes. Zero awareness.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2021, 08:10:08 PM »
Can’t believe he wrote that and didn’t realize how much he was describing mamaskate to a T, in addition to all the other Instagram/youtubers he promotes. Zero awareness.
Par for the course for a guy who didn't even know about those rails behind the SawCon

foureyedjim

« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2021, 08:22:34 PM »

Yikes

Snappyfingers

• Rep: 41
  • AW YEAH
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2021, 08:38:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Can’t believe he wrote that and didn’t realize how much he was describing mamaskate to a T, in addition to all the other Instagram/youtubers he promotes. Zero awareness.
[close]
Par for the course for a guy who didn't even know about those rails behind the SawCon

🤣🤣🤣
AW YEAH

mushroom slice

« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2021, 10:39:35 PM »
Time to get tony hawk high on that weed again.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2021, 10:41:36 PM »
How long until GH is tailed by scientology weirdos?

newguy

« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2021, 11:18:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2021, 11:45:31 PM »
Gifted hater concisely described the situation and brought it to our attention.  I had no idea who these people were. Their company seems odd.  Apart from the last minute public disclaimer that you want to help women in Afghanistan, why would you want to put American women in a shit position? If women make less than men and are subject to differences in treatment within the workplace, why wouldn't you want to set them up for success?  Should they pay 1,400 for a pair of pants or 140$ and pay that money down on loans? Save that money to START businesses? Save that money to BUY a home?

As of right now, I am down for Gifted hater.  I couldn't have done the Olympics if it wasn't for his narration.

EDIT: Free shipping on $2,000.00? If they go out of business, I will be happier than if Braille goes out of business.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 01:21:07 PM by pugmaster »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #315 on: September 13, 2021, 12:55:42 AM »
Hope those women get paid a decent price to make those pants

newguy

« Reply #316 on: September 13, 2021, 01:17:36 AM »
Hope those women get paid a decent price to make those pants

The pictures of pants on their website hint the opposite

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #317 on: September 13, 2021, 01:36:40 AM »
I mean at least it's local, the brand owner and the workers interact etc. But i'm just curious how much it costs

RikiTakeuchi

• Rep: 5
« Reply #318 on: September 13, 2021, 02:07:30 AM »
The hypocrisy in Borra's comment is unreal. He talks about having to be good at this and that to break into the industry, yet ran an entire series on turning Skategoat pro 'in a week' before literally creating a board company to do just that.

And now he shills for culture vultures who are literally ripping off other skateboarders. Not to mention feeding their egos to such a point that they make movies about themselves without even having a career to speak of.

newguy

« Reply #319 on: September 13, 2021, 02:39:46 AM »
The hypocrisy in Borra's comment is unreal. He talks about having to be good at this and that to break into the industry, yet ran an entire series on turning Skategoat pro 'in a week' before literally creating a board company to do just that.

And now he shills for culture vultures who are literally ripping off other skateboarders. Not to mention feeding their egos to such a point that they make movies about themselves without even having a career to speak of.

I don’t know who any of these people are and I’m afraid looking them up will make me even more depressed about the state of this sport

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #320 on: September 13, 2021, 04:26:36 AM »

Also, he's trying to say that he's not affiliated to these brands, but they have a space in the Berries.

Space that could have been given to, let's say Mystery 2.0, but it was assigned to Bryte, hence they support them, they give them airtime and surely they influence their decisions.

Fuck these clowns.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

CaptainCheeks

• Rep: 5
« Reply #321 on: September 13, 2021, 05:47:32 AM »
where can i find a pair of pants with an elastic waistband that i can wear to work? i'm not joking.. my weight fluctuates

https://shopproclub.com/men/bottoms-men/pants-men/pro-club-men-s-heavyweight-mechanic-s-lounge-pant

Not baggy as most people like but you could size up

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #322 on: September 13, 2021, 06:11:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As far as I can tell, we dont miss out on something hot here. She has no ass and no...

T.  Real ladies' man

somefucker

« Reply #323 on: September 13, 2021, 06:17:05 AM »
I mean at least it's local, the brand owner and the workers interact etc. But i'm just curious how much it costs

hardly a saving grace for a 'clothing' company that is cashing in on corporate backed skate craze. plus a meager 10% donation on stimmy priced pants? have you checked this thread/the brand owner's IG? lookin' like some straight up trust fund kids trying to misrepresent themselves as some built-from-nothing entrepreneurs. wouldn't be surprised to see their logo in berrics videos or some corporate collab coming down the pipeline.

shits just wack.

i'm all for making your own way in skating but this is just a sad excuse for a money grab - terribly executed.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #324 on: September 13, 2021, 08:33:52 AM »
They have to be one of the most insufferable couple’s of all time.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #325 on: September 13, 2021, 08:54:50 AM »
Gifted hater concisely described the situation and brought it to our attention.  I had no idea who these people were. Their company seems odd.  Apart from the last minute public disclaimer that you want to help women in Afghanistan, why would you want to put American women in a shit position? If women make less than men and are subject to differences in treatment within the workplace, why wouldn't you want to set them up for success?  Should they pay 1,400 for a pair of pants or 140$ and pay that money down on loans? Save that money to START businesses? Save that money to BUY a home?

As of right now, I am down for Gifted hater.  I couldn't have done the Olympics if it wasn't for his narration.

EDIT: Free shipping on $2,000.00?  Fuck this company into oblivion. If they go out of business, I will be happier than if Braille goes out of business.

I got the recommend from youtube today and saw the recent vid.    He does a good job of reminding viewers to not go off and troll the people he's talking about which is cool.  But he definitely drilled into those pants and company business model quite nicely.  The whole part about the her just smoking weed just made me cringe soo much, I get so triggered when people flex on weed like she did.  everyone smokes weed...you're not based because you're hot boxing your benz

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #326 on: September 13, 2021, 09:08:21 AM »
Who is going to buy her, "Pro" boards?

newguy

« Reply #327 on: September 13, 2021, 09:10:36 AM »
Who is going to buy her, "Pro" boards?

Berra apparently

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 761
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #328 on: September 13, 2021, 09:17:27 AM »
Alright been lurking this thread hard cause this some of the dumbest shit to happen in skateboarding recently, but reading that b0rra comment over and over i feel dumber every time i see it

-Why is the 8err1cs being targeted?

bro, the whole fucking video is him explaining why. did you not watch it?

-the lens in which...yadda yadda

this is how most people see you. you really lack that much self awareness. don't scientologists shove their head so far up their own asses any criticism is an attack that actually fuels them? I think that's some shit i've gleaned while reading about how koston acts the way he does. also makes sense why skate choad is making a documentary about himself. who asked for this documentary

-"the berries has nothing to do with mama skate"

yet gives space for this brand to exist in their own building. like yeah dude you just give space to random brands right. so honorable. bullshit they're associated with the berries stop downplaying that and own up. they're your homies for fucks sake. yeah social media has changed skating but that doesn't mean i have to be down with influencers and their bullshit. i'm in my late 20s and think it sucks idk how you're almost 50 and can tolerate this crap.

-"I want to make the world a better place"

ok cool sure don't we all but we don't have to be down with what you do and the way you do it. this yootoob influencer vibe is trash. yeah berries was super sick at one point but move on. watching it adapt to this influencer vlogger world totally has been a weird evolution to watch. additionally the brands associated in the berries world are terrible. they don't make skateboarding better.

ps. don't leak noods. posting nudes without consent is fucked up.

nothing's been the since same

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #329 on: September 13, 2021, 09:20:10 AM »
Alright been lurking this thread hard cause this some of the dumbest shit to happen in skateboarding recently, but reading that b0rra comment over and over i feel dumber every time i see it

-Why is the 8err1cs being targeted?

bro, the whole fucking video is him explaining why. did you not watch it?

-the lens in which...yadda yadda

this is how most people see you. you really lack that much self awareness. don't scientologists shove their head so far up their own asses any criticism is an attack that actually fuels them? I think that's some shit i've gleaned while reading about how koston acts the way he does. also makes sense why skate choad is making a documentary about himself. who asked for this documentary

-"the berries has nothing to do with mama skate"

yet gives space for this brand to exist in their own building. like yeah dude you just give space to random brands right. so honorable. bullshit they're associated with the berries stop downplaying that and own up. they're your homies for fucks sake. yeah social media has changed skating but that doesn't mean i have to be down with influencers and their bullshit. i'm in my late 20s and think it sucks idk how you're almost 50 and can tolerate this crap.

-"I want to make the world a better place"

ok cool sure don't we all but we don't have to be down with what you do and the way you do it. this yootoob influencer vibe is trash. yeah berries was super sick at one point but move on. watching it adapt to this influencer vlogger world totally has been a weird evolution to watch. additionally the brands associated in the berries world are terrible. they don't make skateboarding better.

ps. don't leak noods. posting nudes without consent is fucked up.

Where have you been reading this stuff about Koston ? Sounds interesting.

As an aside. I've no interest in seeing her nudes but hasn't she already consented by putting them on a porn site?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in