Author Topic: Lizard King vs Jovantae Turner  (Read 23983 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
Re: Lizard King vs Jovantae Turner
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2021, 11:18:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Also I've probably never heard a story about a 90s pro that makes them sound like a half decent person
[close]

Willy Santos? Can’t say I’ve ever heard anything bad about him.
[close]

He would take food from Jeremy Klein.......
Nah you win

That would make me like him way more, Klein is a prick to everyone

Also this is super messy but it's better to be messy than to let someone get abused in silence

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2021, 11:20:31 AM »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2021, 11:32:00 AM »
Nah fuck that

Im gonna need receipts before I condemn a black man publicly in a way that could legitimately ruin his life if untrue

Especially if thats the source fuck outta here

IpathCats

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2021, 11:42:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Imagine telling someone 5 years ago that LK would be getting JT cancelled.
[close]

Don't agree with airing it out on social. But my first thought was "when did Liz get all responsible like"

Yea, I'm no fan of all the nonsense back and forth on social media. I don't have any accounts anymore unless you count this and youtube. The thought of this between LK and JT just seems like some sort of twilight zone situation.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2021, 11:49:25 AM »
Not saying he’s lying, but it’s wild to immediately take something Lizard King says at face value.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

TheDingus

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2021, 12:02:09 PM »
Not saying he’s lying, but it’s wild to immediately take something Lizard King says at face value.

Lizard told me about this a few years ago. Wonder why he’s coming out with it now?

lampshade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2021, 12:11:32 PM »
I have no idea what is going on here, but this seems like a rad shared part.  No domestic violence involved.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2021, 12:15:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lizard told me about this a few years ago. Wonder why he’s coming out with it now?

You're saying Lizard knew this domestic issue was happening years back and he told you? That sounds way more credible.

TheDingus

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2021, 12:17:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You're saying Lizard knew this domestic issue was happening years back and he told you? That sounds way more credible.

100% true.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2021, 12:48:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Didn't Rudy fight jovantae on an early girl tour because he stole from him?

Also I've probably never heard a story about a 90s pro that makes them sound like a half decent person
[close]

Karl Watson. Your argument is invalid.

That being said, fuck Tae if this is true. Makes me sad, he was a favorite of mine.

There are many stories of Karl being an annoying dick teenager who blossomed into a humble incredible man.
p-shuvs and v-flips

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2021, 12:52:20 PM »
Never met him myself but I have friends who have and always said Lizard King was a nice, down to earth guy who introduces himself as Mike and didn't play up the Lizard King shit in real life

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2021, 01:08:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That being said, fuck Tae if this is true. Makes me sad, he was a favorite of mine.
[close]

There are many stories of Karl being an annoying dick teenager who blossomed into a humble incredible man.

To be fair - most teenagers are dicks at some point, that and the man is probably mid 40s or so, that’s a looong time ago.

Also - I’ve always had a soft spot for Lizard for some reason, I think he’s natural love of skating shines through in his parts / interviews etc. He’s just a skate rat and I love that.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2021, 01:12:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Being an annoying dick might not make you a decent person but thats not like being a wife beater

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2021, 01:20:01 PM »
Never met him myself but I have friends who have and always said Lizard King was a nice, down to earth guy who introduces himself as Mike and didn't play up the Lizard King shit in real life

I've met lizard and nuge a few times both with and without friends who already knew them when I've been out in LA and honestly they were some of the nicest down to earth pleasant dudes. Buying people rounds, inviting others to play pool with them, chatting it up about skateboarding or anything else that wasn't skateboarding. Not saying that determines anything in this situation between him and Jovantae, more just echoing Jackal's statement.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2021, 01:29:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean, most of the EMB kids were cliquey teenagers often lacking parental supervision. Even Karl would acknowledge that, but that's adolescent shit. I can't think of any bad stories about Daewon, Daniel Castillo, or even Rick Howard (unless you want to put the sins of people he's associated with on him). At the end of the day, like 90% of people who get put on a pedestal as a teenager with some level of fame are likely to have incidents where they come across as an asshole, or in some cases are just permanent assholes. It seems JT has carried this into his 40's if this story is accurate, which is shitty.

quaintly

• Rep: 10
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2021, 01:35:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He charged everyone $10 to attend his 21st birthday party.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2021, 01:54:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've met lizard and nuge a few times both with and without friends who already knew them when I've been out in LA and honestly they were some of the nicest down to earth pleasant dudes. Buying people rounds, inviting others to play pool with them, chatting it up about skateboarding or anything else that wasn't skateboarding. Not saying that determines anything in this situation between him and Jovantae, more just echoing Jackal's statement.
Definitely agree with the sentiments stated above. These allegations aside, just because someone is/was a wild partier doesn’t mean they aren’t a good person or can’t be trusted.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 51
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2021, 02:00:03 PM »
TMZ got nothing on Slap. This forum is supposed to be about skateboarding, and every other week there is a new more crazy story then the last one. Some with clear evidence, other stories where people's careers ends or reputations are for ever destroyed with out any proof.

I am not commenting on this particular story since I don't know what's true. It just amazes me that there is a crazy story about so and so so often. Shit is fucked!

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2021, 02:10:49 PM »
TMZ got nothing on Slap. This forum is supposed to be about skateboarding, and every other week there is a new more crazy story then the last one. Some with clear evidence, other stories where people's careers ends or reputations are for ever destroyed with out any proof.

I am not commenting on this particular story since I don't know what's true. It just amazes me that there is a crazy story about so and so so often. Shit is fucked!
Welcome to Slap ;D
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2021, 02:29:58 PM »

How else are we supposed to keep ourselves entertained?? Speculation is the best!!!!
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 448
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2021, 02:49:18 PM »
Why would Lizard make an Instagram story poll for this situation?
I mean, other than the fact that insecure people can't do anything without putting it on Instagram for validation.

I guess that was rhetorical.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Vds

• Rep: -43
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Lakai stays hooking up dirtbags
[close]

And probably you are saying this wearing Nike, converse or adidas

adamb

• Rep: -3
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2021, 02:56:34 PM »
weird to air that shit on instagram..... just call the cops. the instagram post is a cry for attention. if its criminal..... the cops will deal with it.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2021, 03:00:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

To be fair - most teenagers are dicks at some point, that and the man is probably mid 40s or so, that’s a looong time ago.

Also - I’ve always had a soft spot for Lizard for some reason, I think he’s natural Passion of skating shines through in his parts / interviews etc. He’s just a skate rat and I love that.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2021, 03:53:01 PM »

I mean, most of the EMB kids were cliquey teenagers often lacking parental supervision. Even Karl would acknowledge that, but that's adolescent shit. I can't think of any bad stories about Daewon, Daniel Castillo, or even Rick Howard (unless you want to put the sins of people he's associated with on him). At the end of the day, like 90% of people who get put on a pedestal as a teenager with some level of fame are likely to have incidents where they come across as an asshole, or in some cases are just permanent assholes. It seems JT has carried this into his 40's if this story is accurate, which is shitty.

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2018/08/07/daewon-songs-untold-upbringing/
 ;)

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2021, 04:01:07 PM »
I’ve always been a big JT fan. I hope this isn’t true

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2021, 05:04:52 PM »

Now there's an idea for a thread!  I'll let you get it rolling

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2021, 05:35:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He charged everyone $10 to attend his 21st birthday party.
Infidelity on tour just kidding but ….

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2021, 05:51:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Being an annoying dick might not make you a decent person but thats not like being a wife beater

Obviously not the same, Karl’s a great human being. I’m honestly not sure how his name got into this shit thread anyway.

More just saying nobody’s perfect and don’t believe it if you think they are.
p-shuvs and v-flips