Author Topic: Lizard King vs Jovantae Turner  (Read 23980 times)

Noble Experiment

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Re: Lizard King vs Jovantae Turner
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2021, 05:52:08 PM »
First Oyola, then Ethan Fowler, and now Jovantae..... 2021 is officially the year where I find out all my 90s skate heroes are total scumbags.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2021, 05:59:22 PM »
I’m inclined to believe Lizard because, unless he’s really gone off his rocker, that’s a heavy allegation to lay on somebody without knowing the truth pretty damn well, one way or another. It’s not like Lizard is constantly out there, running his mouth about anyone and everyone.

Marv

• Rep: 75
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2021, 06:05:24 PM »
First Oyola, then Ethan Fowler, and now Jovantae..... 2021 is officially the year where I find out all my 90s skate heroes are total scumbags.

What did Ethan do?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2021, 06:05:29 PM »

If it took you til 2020-2021 to really find out Ricky was a piece of shit then idk what to tell you bud lol

Frutsiseltzer

• Rep: 4
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2021, 06:09:14 PM »
never did i ever think that Mike Plumb would be the logical one in any situation

Is that Nak-el IG post real?

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2021, 06:26:28 PM »
Worried people will let their bias toward the person who had the much cooler skate career determine how they're viewing this. I think we need to ask ourselves what Lizard King really has to gain. To me, the argument that he's doing it for attention doesn't really hold air. The dude is corny and weird, but certainly wouldn't peg him as that desperate. Betting there is at least a kernel of truth to what he's saying, and their negative encounters just reached a tipping point. This is the best way Lizard, being an idiot, thought to handle it.

This is a terrible thing and none of us should know it's happening. Honestly fuck both of these guys if this is true. Men that never grew up.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2021, 06:42:31 PM »
Worried people will let their bias toward the person who had the much cooler skate career determine how they're viewing this. I think we need to ask ourselves what Lizard King really has to gain. To me, the argument that he's doing it for attention doesn't really hold air. The dude is corny and weird, but certainly wouldn't peg him as that desperate. Betting there is at least a kernel of truth to what he's saying, and their negative encounters just reached a tipping point. This is the best way Lizard, being an idiot, thought to handle it.

This is a terrible thing and none of us should know it's happening. Honestly fuck both of these guys if this is true. Men that never grew up.

/thread

pro club blanks

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2021, 06:43:11 PM »
Its too heavy for instagram polls, thats where im at.

Black men specifically have a history of getting railroaded by white people for crimes they've never committed in this country, the last couple of years should have made people more sensitive to this, I guess it really hasnt tho

White slap favorites wouldnt be guilty til proven innocent like this

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2021, 06:57:58 PM »
Racism has entered the chat.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2021, 07:11:51 PM »

Black men specifically have a history of getting railroaded by white people for crimes they've never committed in this country, the last couple of years should have made people more sensitive to this, I guess it really hasnt tho

I hear this 100%, but still think you need to ask yourself: what does he have to gain. Didnt mention this in my earlier post, but I certainly do think racial bias could be lurking beneath Lizard's outrage at the alleged violence. I don't think that Lizard is so racist that he'd fabricate a story like this out of thin air, but it's not a real big stretch to think that he may have handled it a bit differently if his neighbor looked more like him.

If Lizard cared about JT's family, he wouldn't have aired their dirty laundry publicly. I think that's incredibly fucked up. He could have reported it and respected their privacy.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2021, 07:12:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Lakai stays hooking up dirtbags
[close]
[close]

And probably you are saying this wearing Nike, converse or adidas

New Balance….try again kook
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2021, 07:16:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I hear this 100%, but still think you need to ask yourself: what does he have to gain. Didnt mention this in my earlier post, but I certainly do think racial bias could be lurking beneath Lizard's outrage at the alleged violence. I don't think that Lizard is so racist that he'd fabricate a story like this out of thin air, but it's not a real big stretch to think that he may have handled it a bit differently if his neighbor looked more like him.

If Lizard cared about JT's family, he wouldn't have aired their dirty laundry publicly. I think that's incredibly fucked up. He could have reported it and respected their privacy.

In regards to reporting it, he clearly says the cops came and nobody pressed charges. Maybe he called the cops, maybe another neighbor did, who knows. But he claims the authorities were contacted and nothing followed up.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2021, 07:31:41 PM »

In regards to reporting it, he clearly says the cops came and nobody pressed charges.Maybe he called the cops, maybe another neighbor did, who knows. But he claims the authorities were contacted and nothing followed up.

Unfortunately I think that happens more often than we'd like to think, and it's a terrible and complicated thing because families love each other, even when someone is being abusive. It could take years for anything to change or any legal intervention to happen. Still no reason to post it on Instagram. That shit is not tight.

Low standards

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2021, 07:51:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You think they know he beats his wife ?

They still will tho given crails history of sweeping shit under the rug because they’re an old homie..

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2021, 07:53:32 PM »
Maybe lizard doesn’t want to call the cops on a black man? Y’all are acting like JT’s career is still relevant, the only people seeing LZ’s story are industry insiders who probably have more of a personal relationship with JT.
All speculation. This is a bummer thread

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2021, 07:56:29 PM »
Race aside - if you beat women you are a piece of shit and deserve to be punished to the maximum extent.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2021, 07:57:33 PM »
Although I’m sure it might have a tinge of truth, instead of Mike Plumb blasting him on social call dcf and cops sort it out instead attention seeking bs.

Just cause a person sucks attention seeking is even worse, shame on both of them…..
Dueces Bitch's

Vds

• Rep: -43
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2021, 08:07:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Pro-Trump white supremacists have called New Balance sneakers “the official shoes of white people”
It was all over the news.
Kook

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2021, 08:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Pro-Trump white supremacists have called New Balance sneakers “the official shoes of white people”
It was all over the news.
Kook

Get bent ya nerd, no one cares what white supremacists think about footwear.
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

whoami

• Rep: -43
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2021, 08:42:38 PM »
I mean, I hate to admit this but I've heard stories of Jovante stealing from people for decades. Multiple people, multiple times, blah blah blah. I think the world of his skating but at some point when things start adding up there's some sort of take away.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2021, 09:00:11 PM »
Expand Quote

In regards to reporting it, he clearly says the cops came and nobody pressed charges.Maybe he called the cops, maybe another neighbor did, who knows. But he claims the authorities were contacted and nothing followed up.
[close]

Unfortunately I think that happens more often than we'd like to think, and it's a terrible and complicated thing because families love each other, even when someone is being abusive. It could take years for anything to change or any legal intervention to happen. Still no reason to post it on Instagram. That shit is not tight.

If this has an inkling of truth to it and the woman didn't want to press charges - publicly calling him out is a way to bring light/attention to the situation. Many people in an abusive relationships won't act and/or do anything until the bad gets worse (e.g. severe physical abuse - worse, death even). And even then, there are those that still won't do anything for fear of making the abuser even more angry.

Going back to KA as an example, how many times do you think he abused that woman who called him out before she finally broke it off with him?

pro club blanks

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2021, 09:21:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

To be clear im not saying the accusation could be untrue what im saying is that the reaction is different in the court of public opinion due to racial dynamics where its assumed hes guilty

Thank you for hearing me

We agree word for word on the second paragraph
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 09:57:41 PM by pro club blanks »

pro club blanks

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2021, 09:22:39 PM »
Racism has entered the chat.
We are not in a post racial america

I got kooked 8 times for suggesting a black man should recieve the same benefit of the doubt anyone else would, let that marinate.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 10:18:55 PM by pro club blanks »

froufroufox

• Rep: 31
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2021, 09:34:01 PM »
man, super disappointing and fucked if true. and no reason at all thee lizard king had to include “old pro skater javontae turner”. he really could’ve just left it at “neighbor”. dude sucks.

Buttholesurfer

• Rep: 13
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2021, 09:49:14 PM »
Jovante sold me some shitty weed once

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2021, 10:33:17 PM »
They have kids so this is infinitely more messy.
Press charges and leave is basically not an option most of the time.

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -227
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2021, 12:07:51 AM »

Get the fuck out of here with that race-baiting nonsense. People getting crucified left and right on here regardless of skin color. Nobody gives a fuck if JT is black or not. The allegations are heavy and I’m inclined to believe a sober Lizard who has nothing to gain from this and obviously has multiple incidents to go off.

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2021, 01:51:07 AM »
If allegations are true, LK did the right thing, sometimes justice system doesn't work properly and the only place you can reach for help is social media

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2021, 03:33:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

If this has an inkling of truth to it and the woman didn't want to press charges - publicly calling him out is a way to bring light/attention to the situation. Many people in an abusive relationships won't act and/or do anything until the bad gets worse (e.g. severe physical abuse - worse, death even). And even then, there are those that still won't do anything for fear of making the abuser even more angry.

Going back to KA as an example, how many times do you think he abused that woman who called him out before she finally broke it off with him?

There's a very real chance that still nothing will change due to the insta post other than making making abuser more angry and putting the victims in a dangerous position. Would have a problem at all with this if the victims had posted/consented to the post.

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2021, 03:40:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

There's a very real chance that still nothing will change due to the insta post other than making making abuser more angry and putting the victims in a dangerous position. Would have a problem at all with this if the victims had posted/consented to the post.

It also can stop abuser from any violent actions cause if something will happen everybody will know who did it