Author Topic: Lizard King vs Jovantae Turner  (Read 23976 times)

GuessAgain?

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Lizard King vs Jovantae Turner
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2021, 03:41:41 AM »
TMZ got nothing on Slap. This forum is supposed to be about skateboarding, and every other week there is a new more crazy story then the last one. Some with clear evidence, other stories where people's careers ends or reputations are for ever destroyed with out any proof.

I am not commenting on this particular story since I don't know what's true. It just amazes me that there is a crazy story about so and so so often. Shit is fucked!

I’ll admit it does seem like skateboarding is becoming quite drama filled as of the last year. However I think more than enough of these idiots have been getting their just deserts for some valid reasons, which wouldn’t happen otherwise.

Posting on social is a definitely a bold move and can carry huge burdens if not true, but it’s sort of a catch 22 really. A lot of the time we’ve seen this stuff spread over social media and what do you know? Fragments of proof, other witnesses and receipts come from all sorts of places. Not saying that this will happen in this exact situation but I just don’t see what else LK is gaining from this.

veritas

« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2021, 03:51:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

In regards to reporting it, he clearly says the cops came and nobody pressed charges.Maybe he called the cops, maybe another neighbor did, who knows. But he claims the authorities were contacted and nothing followed up.
[close]

Unfortunately I think that happens more often than we'd like to think, and it's a terrible and complicated thing because families love each other, even when someone is being abusive. It could take years for anything to change or any legal intervention to happen. Still no reason to post it on Instagram. That shit is not tight.
[close]

If this has an inkling of truth to it and the woman didn't want to press charges - publicly calling him out is a way to bring light/attention to the situation. Many people in an abusive relationships won't act and/or do anything until the bad gets worse (e.g. severe physical abuse - worse, death even). And even then, there are those that still won't do anything for fear of making the abuser even more angry.

Going back to KA as an example, how many times do you think he abused that woman who called him out before she finally broke it off with him?
[close]

There's a very real chance that still nothing will change due to the insta post other than making making abuser more angry and putting the victims in a dangerous position. Would have a problem at all with this if the victims had posted/consented to the post.
[close]

It also can stop abuser from any violent actions cause if something will happen everybody will know who did it

If JT is engaging in this type of behavior, the posts help establish a timeline and pattern of behavior. If this is real and the cops have showed up and done nothing, then nothing will probably change until someone gets hurt. By then, at least the posts will prove that it’s not an isolated incident.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2021, 05:23:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Racism has entered the chat.
[close]
We are not in a post racial america

I got kooked 8 times for suggesting a black man should recieve the same benefit of the doubt anyone else would, let that marinate.

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you. I was stoned in bed and thought I was funny. I tried to think of a counter-example, but the closest I got was Ethan Fowler after that Palace ad.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

conqueso

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2021, 05:34:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got kooked 8 times for suggesting a black man should recieve the same benefit of the doubt anyone else would, let that marinate.

you got kook'd for suggesting everyone here would be on his side if he was white

when in reality slap has cancelled tons of white skaters for being shitty people

turd fergusion

• Rep: -6
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2021, 05:38:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine telling someone 5 years ago that LK would be getting JT cancelled.
[close]

Don't agree with airing it out on social. But my first thought was "when did Liz get all responsible like"
[close]

Probably when he first learned he was gonna have a kid. It’s crazy (in an amazing way) what becoming a parent does to some people.

It’s even crazier how it does nothing to others. My first born saved my life!

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2021, 05:40:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you got kook'd for suggesting everyone here would be on his side if he was white

when in reality slap has cancelled tons of white skaters for being shitty people

Marinate on that for a little while
listen to cosmic psychos

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2021, 05:44:41 AM »
Does anyone have the video? Is it lizard just talking or actually footage of said incident? Sorry I’m late to the dance here

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2021, 06:30:28 AM »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2021, 06:30:52 AM »
It was just a post/poll on his story.

Also, for what it’s worth, I was at work when I made my post, and went back and edited in “*alleged*”, but my service is shitty there and apparently it didn’t take.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Rattus Localis

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2021, 06:45:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Its too heavy for instagram polls, thats where im at.

Black men specifically have a history of getting railroaded by white people for crimes they've never committed in this country, the last couple of years should have made people more sensitive to this, I guess it really hasnt tho

White slap favorites wouldnt be guilty til proven innocent like this
[close]

Get the fuck out of here with that race-baiting nonsense. People getting crucified left and right on here regardless of skin color. Nobody gives a fuck if JT is black or not. The allegations are heavy and I’m inclined to believe a sober Lizard who has nothing to gain from this and obviously has multiple incidents to go off.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2021, 06:56:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine telling someone 5 years ago that LK would be getting JT cancelled.
[close]

Don't agree with airing it out on social. But my first thought was "when did Liz get all responsible like"
[close]

Probably when he first learned he was gonna have a kid. It’s crazy (in an amazing way) what becoming a parent does to some people.
[close]

It’s even crazier how it does nothing to others. My first born saved my life!

Why I said “some.” But hey, I’m glad your kid saved your life. Sounds like that kid has someone down for them for life.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2021, 08:02:44 AM »
Of course it’s true. Don’t know why there is speculation. What does LK have to gain by sharing this? Why would he bother with it unless it was affecting his life in a uncontrollable negative way?
Unless it’s revealed that he himself is a wife beating, sexual assaulting, neo nazi,Scientologist like every other pro from the 90’s I will have to believe it. For now.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2021, 08:17:27 AM »
If it's true I hope JV gets help. I would hope Lizard tried to handle privately and didn't rush to throw this out there. We are all removed from this and don't know what exactly is going down. In todays culture of public shaming/canceling would be way more beneficial if people tried to reach out/help rather than pile on.

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2021, 08:23:13 AM »
If it's getting rowdy enough that neighbors are aware(happening in the yard) its not private anymore

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2021, 08:25:19 AM »
If it's true I hope JV gets help. I would hope Lizard tried to handle privately and didn't rush to throw this out there. We are all removed from this and don't know what exactly is going down. In todays culture of public shaming/canceling would be way more beneficial if people tried to reach out/help rather than pile on.
I 100% agree with this sentiment.
Dueces Bitch's

DillsDarts

• Rep: -19
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2021, 08:28:30 AM »
Of course it’s true. Don’t know why there is speculation. What does LK have to gain by sharing this? Why would he bother with it unless it was affecting his life in a uncontrollable negative way?
Unless it’s revealed that he himself is a wife beating, sexual assaulting, neo nazi,Scientologist like every other pro from the 90’s I will have to believe it. For now.

right??? with all the kooky/bummy shit lizard has sure to have done in his tenure in the industry I'm sure he knows when a dude is being more than a shitty loud neighbor that keeps your kids up on friday nights... the with the amount of OG's getting dogged and kook'd these days I think There's an apatite for getting these lames out of the spot light/known to the rest of the community how shitty of people they really are (especially when young kids grow up idolizing these guys Ex. Oyola & Fowler... fuck look at markovich dude is skating better than ever and is a full blown kook) ... I think for the longest time in the industry older pros/dudes with some lame ass views were able to stay relevant and connected to/on the top brands because no consumers actually knew what kooks these dudes were, whjat they were about & stayed supporting them.... Look at DP & 1010 recently lol... 
'Offensive career gets one do over, last attitude gets two tries. Cariuma riders have a bigger margin for error but will ultimately be decided by the referee'.
[/quote]

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2021, 08:35:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Its too heavy for instagram polls, thats where im at.

Black men specifically have a history of getting railroaded by white people for crimes they've never committed in this country, the last couple of years should have made people more sensitive to this, I guess it really hasnt tho

White slap favorites wouldnt be guilty til proven innocent like this
[close]

I hear this 100%, but still think you need to ask yourself: what does he have to gain. Didnt mention this in my earlier post, but I certainly do think racial bias could be lurking beneath Lizard's outrage at the alleged violence. I don't think that Lizard is so racist that he'd fabricate a story like this out of thin air, but it's not a real big stretch to think that he may have handled it a bit differently if his neighbor looked more like him.

If Lizard cared about JT's family, he wouldn't have aired their dirty laundry publicly. I think that's incredibly fucked up. He could have reported it and respected their privacy.
Some unbelievably corny takes in this thread. Lizards racist now? Give me a fucking break.
This is why people don’t take real race issues seriously.  Because you mouthbreathers have to constantly water it down with dumbass shit like this.
If I knew my neighbor was beating his wife and was trying to hurt me, while being respected around the community, I’d gladly call that shit out too. It sounds like his wife needs help, not ignoring because we wouldn’t want to “air anybody’s dirty laundry”. Beating women is way more than dirty laundry.
Enjoy your stupid white guilt.
Kook away kooks

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2021, 08:40:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

right??? with all the kooky/bummy shit lizard has sure to have done in his tenure in the industry I'm sure he knows when a dude is being more than a shitty loud neighbor that keeps your kids up on friday nights... the with the amount of OG's getting dogged and kook'd these days I think There's an apatite for getting these lames out of the spot light/known to the rest of the community how shitty of people they really are (especially when young kids grow up idolizing these guys Ex. Oyola & Fowler... fuck look at markovich dude is skating better than ever and is a full blown kook) ... I think for the longest time in the industry older pros/dudes with some lame ass views were able to stay relevant and connected to/on the top brands because no consumers actually knew what kooks these dudes were, whjat they were about & stayed supporting them.... Look at DP & 1010 recently lol...

Yes, exactly in the 90’s there was no social media and cameras in everyone’s pockets so a lot stuff never saw the light of day. But now these options are here and make it easy so people are getting called out, as they mostly should be. 

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2021, 08:51:03 AM »
As a first responder, I see domestic violence against women more than I want too.   It's almost as common as drug abuse these days.   Unfortunately the majority of victims stay with the abuser because he's a "good guy" 90 percent of the time.  Not saying JT is guilty,  but if he is,  fuck him !!

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2021, 10:03:39 AM »
It was just a post/poll on his story.

Also, for what it’s worth, I was at work when I made my post, and went back and edited in “*alleged*”, but my service is shitty there and apparently it didn’t take.

"Oh my god guys he is such an *alleged*” garbage person"
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2021, 10:05:44 AM »
As a first responder, I see domestic violence against women more than I want too.   It's almost as common as drug abuse these days.   Unfortunately the majority of victims stay with the abuser because he's a "good guy" 90 percent of the time.  Not saying JT is guilty,  but if he is,  fuck him !!

Cop on the bloards???

CanadianBacon

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2021, 10:15:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cop on the bloards???

Lol...Medic.... I only help people!!!

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2021, 10:17:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

no dude he is a victim because people lowered his slap rep

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2021, 10:18:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Cop on the bloards???
[close]

No worries, i thought the Canadian bacon handle was an impulse to tell on yourself haha

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2021, 10:19:54 AM »
Obviously jovantae unless lizard king shows up with the ring of the eye of the Mormon

LebowskisRug

« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2021, 10:40:24 AM »
Isn’t the recidivism rate for domestic violence extremely high especially since most of it doesn’t result in any charges let alone mandated counseling or jail time?

It’s not as simple as dude hits wife, gets a therapist, hella nice guy now. It has nothing to do with JT being a former pro, his race, or socioeconomic status: domestic violence pervades across classes and racial lines but has a distinct bias in reporting. Sadly LK’s story is about the best help his wife will get and maybe someone will actually reach out to her directly.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2021, 11:04:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn't Rudy fight jovantae on an early girl tour because he stole from him?

Also I've probably never heard a story about a 90s pro that makes them sound like a half decent person
[close]

Karl Watson. Your argument is invalid.

That being said, fuck Tae if this is true. Makes me sad, he was a favorite of mine.
[close]

There are many stories of Karl being an annoying dick teenager who blossomed into a humble incredible man.
[close]

To be fair - most teenagers are dicks at some point, that and the man is probably mid 40s or so, that’s a looong time ago.

Also - I’ve always had a soft spot for Lizard for some reason, I think he’s natural love of skating shines through in his parts / interviews etc. He’s just a skate rat and I love that.

hes only 36 homey lol
ONTARIO CANADA

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2021, 11:06:31 AM »
Isn’t the recidivism rate for domestic violence extremely high especially since most of it doesn’t result in any charges let alone mandated counseling or jail time?

It’s not as simple as dude hits wife, gets a therapist, hella nice guy now. It has nothing to do with JT being a former pro, his race, or socioeconomic status: domestic violence pervades across classes and racial lines but has a distinct bias in reporting. Sadly LK’s story is about the best help his wife will get and maybe someone will actually reach out to her directly.

Facts. At the end of the day, unless the victim seeks help willingly, nothing will come of interventions. This is unfortunately how some women meet their deaths at the hands of their significant other. Too blinded by love, helplessness, or brainwashed into the routine of abuse.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn't Rudy fight jovantae on an early girl tour because he stole from him?

Also I've probably never heard a story about a 90s pro that makes them sound like a half decent person
[close]

Karl Watson. Your argument is invalid.

That being said, fuck Tae if this is true. Makes me sad, he was a favorite of mine.
[close]

There are many stories of Karl being an annoying dick teenager who blossomed into a humble incredible man.
[close]

To be fair - most teenagers are dicks at some point, that and the man is probably mid 40s or so, that’s a looong time ago.

Also - I’ve always had a soft spot for Lizard for some reason, I think he’s natural love of skating shines through in his parts / interviews etc. He’s just a skate rat and I love that.
[close]

hes only 36 homey lol

They were talking about Karl being in his mid 40s.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2021, 11:09:32 AM »
doh!
ONTARIO CANADA

CanadianBacon

« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2021, 11:16:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Cop on the bloards???
[close]

[close]

No worries, i thought the Canadian bacon handle was an impulse to tell on yourself haha
Lol I actually had the same thought about my username as soon as you asked !!!!