Author Topic: Lizard King vs Jovantae Turner  (Read 23997 times)

NoComply180

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
Re: Lizard King vs Jovantae Turner
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2021, 10:34:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So, the accused is innocent until proven guilty if he’s a black man accused of domestic violence, but anybody at all accused of sexual assault we automatically have to believe they are guilty?

Not saying I agree or disagree with either of these, just pointing out the inconsistency in Slap logic here.
[close]
There’s way more nuance to it than just skin color. This is called critical thinking.
[close]
what’s the nuance then?
[close]
My point is, race never had anything to do with this and you should shut the fuck up
people literally brought up race in this thread as a factor regarding what we should think of the situation. Did you not read the thread?

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2021, 10:51:50 AM »
BREAKING: Slap Magazine has confirmed that Lizard King is a racist piece of shit asshole

What? Can you please explain how you believe he’s a racist?

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2021, 10:55:17 AM »
Expand Quote
BREAKING: Slap Magazine has confirmed that Lizard King is a racist piece of shit asshole
[close]

i dont think hes a racist at all

doublesteveburger

« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2021, 11:27:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’m starting to think he’s not even a real King.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2021, 11:55:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I doubt he's even a lizard.

hot take

• Rep: -57
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2021, 02:59:50 PM »
This shit is so whack. Never buying a JT or LK pro model ever again

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2021, 03:54:41 PM »
So, the accused is innocent until proven guilty if he’s a black man accused of domestic violence

Nobody in this thread said or even implied that, ever. I'm really sorry, but people that come through with "hot takes" like yours and this

are why we can't have productive, nuanced conversations about race. Again, I'm sorry you don't understand, but you're not doing yourself any favors charging into situations with your guns blazing without even understanding what's going on. I encourage you to give it a solid reread if it's so important that you have a dig up an old, already shitty thread in an attempt to ruffle feathers.

Edit: sorry, you weren't the one that bumped it. Still...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 04:01:46 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2021, 07:08:39 PM »
From everything I've heard, I'm inclined to believe both allegations (abuse and theft) are true.

aàáâäæãå

• Rep: -2
« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2021, 07:15:01 PM »
Expand Quote
So, the accused is innocent until proven guilty if he’s a black man accused of domestic violence
[close]

Nobody in this thread said or even implied that, ever.

It’s a serious injustice that no one here will presume the innocence of a person until he’s proven guilty.

-

Nah, homie on page one came through with that truth:

Im gonna need receipts before I condemn a black man publicly in a way that could legitimately ruin his life if untrue

Especially if thats the source fuck outta here

Unrelated, but biometricians if you’re reading, please develop a measurement of heart beats per minute before posting and if they exceed an arbitrary threshold immediately prohibit submission.

I hate the 21st century (and it’s lack of technology). If only there was a way to provide receipts for domestic violence.   :-[

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2021, 07:49:51 PM »
If jovontae turner was accused of sexual assault nobody would have even brought up race. He’d be assumed guilty.

What makes this situation different?

To be clear, I’m not saying anything about if he is guilty or is not. Just wondering what makes this different than if someone posted on social media about him sexually assaulting someone.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 07:59:56 PM by NoComply180 »

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2021, 02:39:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Nobody in this thread said or even implied that, ever.
[close]

It’s a serious injustice that no one here will presume the innocence of a person until he’s proven guilty.

Another serious injustice is the fact that women have historically been the victims of abuse crimes that are hardly ever reported or taken seriously. Obviously we are not a court of law, and we definitely don't have evidence past Lizard King's attempt at spelling (the actual victim's voice is yet to be heard), but I don't perceive the tendency to believe victims as an injustice. I mean, technically he is innocent until proven guilty, even if people online are considering the possibility of him doing it...

Nah, homie on page one came through with that truth:

Expand Quote

Im gonna need receipts before I condemn a black man publicly in a way that could legitimately ruin his life if untrue

Especially if thats the source fuck outta here
[close]
Honestly the only "receipt" I would need  would be the victim speaking out against the abuser, regardless of their social or racial identity. However, like it's been said, it's a seriously underreported crime because of how tangled and messy it can be for victims, and because of the historical tendency to dismiss allegations. Lizard King is dead wrong for posting it, I really do think so, he could have just reported what he saw privately. Not saying I have a whole lotta faith in our legal system, but it's better than causing all of this speculation and potentially making things even worse for the victim.

@pro club blanks brings up a good point, and I will maintain that LK was probably satisfying some deep, buried racial bias when deciding to air this out publicly. Terrible way to handle it, and had Instagram possessed that heart rate monitoring tech, he wouldn't have been able to make that Instagram story.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 02:47:45 AM by Urtripping »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2021, 04:27:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2021, 06:07:06 AM »
Anyone else think LK is just a tool and thought taking it to IG like a man was the only thing to do because his brain is fried from years of partying? I don’t think  he did it cuz of some deep seed racism I just think he’s not very bright
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

JimmyCarlinsJumpRope

• Rep: 4
« Reply #163 on: September 23, 2021, 06:20:47 AM »
If I'm Liz in this instance, I don't think that the social media blast is going to help his neighbor feud lol.

Anti waxxer

• Rep: -12
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2021, 06:39:17 PM »

@pro club blanks brings up a good point, and I will maintain that LK was probably satisfying some deep, buried racial bias when deciding to air this out publicly. Terrible way to handle it, and had Instagram possessed that heart rate monitoring tech, he wouldn't have been able to make that Instagram story.
[/quote]
  Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but, I can’t ever remember lizard king being accused of anything racist the entire time he’s been on the scene, dude has been in deathwish/baker vans on tour for years… I’m sure if he had been saying racist shit or had any kind of feelings as such we would have heard about it by now… yet here you and pro club blanks are assuming someone else’s mentality towards other races, either you guys are racist or you’re really hoping he is so you have another person to try to cancel.
Everyone is all “out all abusers” all the time on social media, here you go someone outs an abuser and you are upset that it’s a white guy with a bunch of shitty tattoos from the middle of the country doing the outing and attempting to spin it into him being racist.. do you not see how insane that is?  Focus your brain.

Rattus Localis

« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2021, 07:13:18 PM »

Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but, I can’t ever remember lizard king being accused of anything racist the entire time he’s been on the scene, dude has been in deathwish/baker vans on tour for years… I’m sure if he had been saying racist shit or had any kind of feelings as such we would have heard about it by now… yet here you and pro club blanks are assuming someone else’s mentality towards other races, either you guys are racist or you’re really hoping he is so you have another person to try to cancel.
Everyone is all “out all abusers” all the time on social media, here you go someone outs an abuser and you are upset that it’s a white guy with a bunch of shitty tattoos from the middle of the country doing the outing and attempting to spin it into him being racist.. do you not see how insane that is?  Focus your brain.
[/quote]

Fucking Amen.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2021, 08:38:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fucking Amen.
[/quote]

It’s the same shit when people talk about the shit OJ, Michael Jackson, Cosby, R Kelly et al do.   “Why are you trying to cancel our black men” attitude as if their creative output wasn’t seriously overshadowed by the heinous acts they did

pro club blanks

« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2021, 11:43:17 PM »
To be clear, once again, it isnt that the accusations couldnt possibly be true its that once again people are quicker than normal to believe the absolute worst when a black person is accused

Its a 2nd hand account from a neighbor who he is feuding with

Typically we are taking into account 1st hand accounts from victims themselves

And at no point did anyone say "well this is a litte fucked a familys well being and health is being discussed, so maybe the ike turner jokes are in bad taste"

Thats my 2 cents take it or leave it, but dont act like race doesnt effect how public opinion is shaped in america

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2021, 11:50:55 PM »
To be clear, once again, it isnt that the accusations couldnt possibly be true its that once again people are quicker than normal to believe the absolute worst when a black person is accused

And at no point did anyone say "well this is a litte fucked a familys well being and health is being discussed, so maybe the ike turner jokes are in bad taste"

Thats my 2 cents take it or leave it, but dont act like race doesnt effect how public opinion is shaped in america

I think we’ve been equal opportunity appalled at the behavior of skaters in general.  There’s a Daryl thread dealing with a lot of the same issues

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2021, 02:56:54 AM »
Once again, people feeling attacked because the word "racist" makes them feel so uncomfortable that they can't think.

Every single person that grew up in America has racial biases, it's how it is. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll start to realize that it's wayyyyyy different than being a swastika wearing, head shaving, n word using racist (which, AGAIN, nobody accused Lizard King of being).

I have a tendency to believe victims, and even in this situation think there is some truth to the allegations, which maybe comes from my own fucking bias, as @pro club blanks is also patiently trying to explain. Personally I don't think LK would fabricate this story, but when people say "out all abusers" they're generally giving that message to former victims who have a safe enough distance from their abuser and have had time to heal. Not your idiot neighbor posting an insta poll arbitrarily asking his followers whether he's right or wrong for calling cps on your family.

Edit: one more time in case my white fragility friends come at me again: I am not accusing Lk of being the kind of racist you learned about watching Remember the Titans: a screaming, hate filled bigot with only malice toward black people in his heart. Scrub that image from your brain because that is NOT what's being discussed here. All I am trying to say is that what we do and think is often influenced by these biases WE ALL have, and it is my personal opinion that it is not completely out of this world to believe that LK was feeling a bit influenced by his own when he took to social media instead of calling proper authorities.

If our man really wanted to be the hero, he could have contacted JTs wife, asked about her situation, offered help, asked if it would be helpful to use his platform, wrote the post (and checked for spelling!), and then sent it out to the masses. Rather, it seems he typed it in a rage fueled hurry and shat it out onto Instagram for us all to see and argue about here. I do hope some good comes from the post if what he says is true (which AGAIN, I am leaning towards believing!!).

Final edit: some of you guys remind of the middle aged white people I work with during racial sensitivity trainings: smart enough to understand what's being said, but lacking the courage to accept that you might play a role (albeit a small one, individually) in perpetuating some ways of thinking that disproportionately affect black people. It helps to swallow the pill when you consider you were born into these circumstances, its often subconscious, and the best you can do is to be as aware of it as you can and work against it when possible.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:37:25 AM by Urtripping »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2021, 04:19:29 AM »
Once again, people feeling attacked because the word "racist" makes them feel so uncomfortable that they can't think.

Every single person that grew up in America has racial biases, it's how it is. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll start to realize that it's wayyyyyy different than being a swastika wearing, head shaving, n word using racist (which, AGAIN, nobody accused Lizard King of being).

I have a tendency to believe victims, and even in this situation think there is some truth to the allegations, which maybe comes from my own fucking bias, as @pro club blanks is also patiently trying to explain. Personally I don't think LK would fabricate this story, but when people say "out all abusers" they're generally giving that message to former victims who have a safe enough distance from their abuser and have had time to heal. Not your idiot neighbor posting an insta poll arbitrarily asking his followers whether he's right or wrong for calling cps on your family.

Edit: one more time in case my white fragility friends come at me again: I am not accusing Lk of being the kind of racist you learned about watching Remember the Titans: a screaming, hate filled bigot with only malice toward black people in his heart. Scrub that image from your brain because that is NOT what's being discussed here. All I am trying to say is that what we do and think is often influenced by these biases WE ALL have, and it is my personal opinion that it is not completely out of this world to believe that LK was feeling a bit influenced by his own when he took to social media instead of calling proper authorities.

If our man really wanted to be the hero, he could have contacted JTs wife, asked about her situation, offered help, asked if it would be helpful to use his platform, wrote the post (and checked for spelling!), and then sent it out to the masses. Rather, it seems he typed it in a rage fueled hurry and shat it out onto Instagram for us all to see and argue about here. I do hope some good comes from the post if what he says is true (which AGAIN, I am leaning towards believing!!).

Final edit: some of you guys remind of the middle aged white people I work with during racial sensitivity trainings: smart enough to understand what's being said, but lacking the courage to accept that you might play a role (albeit a small one, individually) in perpetuating some ways of thinking that disproportionately affect black people. It helps to swallow the pill when you consider you were born into these circumstances, its often subconscious, and the best you can do is to be as aware of it as you can and work against it when possible.

Sorry - please enlighten everyone on how to think as white men - tell me more about how my thoughts can be better towards black people.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2021, 04:46:11 AM »
It's some really scary thought control stuff, idk. I basically want you to walk around and feel guilty about yourself ALL THE TIME. Know that you are the racist, the worst of all kinds of people, and you should tiptoe around minorities or triggered lefties.

I might as well just say what you're going to hear, right?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2021, 05:03:23 AM »
It's some really scary thought control stuff, idk. I basically want you to walk around and feel guilty about yourself ALL THE TIME. Know that you are the racist, the worst of all kinds of people, and you should tiptoe around minorities or triggered lefties.

No - you’re the one that has a problem with people’s thoughts. Please, elaborate

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2021, 09:54:16 AM »

Lol

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2021, 10:09:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No - you’re the one that has a problem with people’s thoughts. Please, elaborate

I have a problem with people ignoring the truth and making the "I don't have a racist bone in my body" argument for themselves or others. It makes me disappointed when people fail to think critically about race relations in America and end up saying/doing things that reinforce oppression. I really don't think there are any egregious examples of racism here, and it's sad to me when people can't separate idea of subconscious bias and overt racism. I dont even have a problem with the fact that we have bias, I am a person with my own. I just wish people would be brave enough to accept and investigate theirs, and even consider that great skateboarders might have biases that influence their behaviors too. You're trying to spin it like I want everyone to think a certain way - no, I want everyone to be critical of why they think certain ways and decide whether or not it might be harmful based on an understanding of what has happened and is happening with race and power in America and elsewhere. If you can't be bothered to do that, I'm sorry, I'll stop trying to "control how others think."

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2021, 10:39:30 AM »
This is why people hate liberals lol

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2021, 01:15:31 PM »

Cause racism is over and liberals won't stop talking about it like it's still here, huh?

I know I've been insufferable and preachy but God damn, trying to explain this to some of you guys is like telling children to eat their broccoli.

It's still fuck LK for posting and fuck JT if he's beating up his family for me.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #177 on: September 24, 2021, 01:19:44 PM »
No disrespect to anyone, but I tend to agree with your stance on this topic, Urtripping.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: September 24, 2021, 01:35:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cause racism is over and liberals won't stop talking about it like it's still here, huh?

I know I've been insufferable and preachy but God damn, trying to explain this to some of you guys is like telling children to eat their broccoli.

It's still fuck LK for posting and fuck JT if he's beating up his family for me.

No - It’s because ironically you get upset like a child if someone doesn’t agree with you.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: September 24, 2021, 01:37:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No - It’s because ironically you get upset like a child if someone doesn’t agree with you.

Hey, friend... from where I'm sitting, that's what you're doing too. I didn't even go off until people came in with dismissive sarcasm.