Author Topic: Any Chance We can get some kick back for brand loyalty?  (Read 1221 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Any Chance We can get some kick back for brand loyalty?
« on: September 14, 2021, 06:49:22 AM »
I noticed lot of guys are die hard x or y brand, especially for shoes. they will put the hash tag on every post, some even get quite a few views etc. im talking 100% not getting flow at all for it either. maybe theres enough of these guys doing this for free my idea makes no sense.

but like yo couldnt they at least like give a 15% off next pair or something or like if you get enough likes / views on a vid where the shoe is clearly getting seen, more and more credit can be earned towards getting new pairs

i personally cant give 2 shits to throw and hash tag on any post. like they aint doing anything for me so why should i give them more airplay. im gonna stay shopping around if thats how its gonna be. i understand my jimmy 20 views doing a kickflip over an inch high block of cheese isnt worth much to Henry NewBalance or mr. Adidas but you know maybe every few pairs i buy, toss raw dog a little 10% off coupon or something know what im saying? maybe then i will work bit harder to rep it knowing there is more to be earned.

id be willing to fill out a detailed review of the shoe, take photos of it during different times of the lifecycle and keep a journal about what i liked / didnt like about the shoe etc. but yeah theres probably enough jonah hills on youtube already givin this out for free they dont need to start any sort of internal program. im willing to do the work though! Im not just asking for their to be a handout, would be nice to find some way to create enough value through this to be worth it for both sides though
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 07:41:45 AM by rawbertson. »

cky enthusiast

Re: Any Chance We can get some kick back for brand loyalty?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 06:55:53 AM »
getting stuff for free is pretty nice. for sure.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 08:00:43 AM »
I noticed lot of guys are die hard x or y brand, especially for shoes. they will put the hash tag on every post, some even get quite a few views etc. im talking 100% not getting flow at all for it either. maybe theres enough of these guys doing this for free my idea makes no sense.

but like yo couldnt they at least like give a 15% off next pair or something or like if you get enough likes / views on a vid where the shoe is clearly getting seen, more and more credit can be earned towards getting new pairs

i personally cant give 2 shits to throw and hash tag on any post. like they aint doing anything for me so why should i give them more airplay. im gonna stay shopping around if thats how its gonna be. i understand my jimmy 20 views doing a kickflip over an inch high block of cheese isnt worth much to Henry NewBalance or mr. Adidas but you know maybe every few pairs i buy, toss raw dog a little 10% off coupon or something know what im saying? maybe then i will work bit harder to rep it knowing there is more to be earned.

id be willing to fill out a detailed review of the shoe, take photos of it during different times of the lifecycle and keep a journal about what i liked / didnt like about the shoe etc. but yeah theres probably enough jonah hills on youtube already givin this out for free they dont need to start any sort of internal program. im willing to do the work though! Im not just asking for their to be a handout, would be nice to find some way to create enough value through this to be worth it for both sides though

I'm working towards a system for wholesale clients at work, that rewards each order, not even post, but actually getting a certain coin/points back each order they make, so they can later on get a discount or a free order.

Loyalty should be rewarded.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 08:12:31 AM »
posting gear with an @ or # after paying full price is some chump shit

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 08:43:40 AM »

right!?! these guys out here giving this shit out for free

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 08:44:24 AM »
THEY OWE!

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 08:47:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

right!?! these guys out here giving this shit out for free
some who do that shit are desperately fishing for a like from the companies they pointlessly worship. its pathetic

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 08:49:44 AM »
One specific homie at the local does this on. Every single post. Dude not flow, I think k he has a local shop sponsor and that's hit but his posts literally have from 20 to 30 #'s per post. It's lame

somefucker

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2021, 08:57:56 AM »
I see where you're coming from, it's a nice idea, but I'm sure there is thousands, if not tens/hundreds of thousands of people doing this - where they spam the description with hashtags and @s to get views/likes/any recognition. For big companies, sure it's an incentive to get an influx of loyal consumers with a coupon/goodie here and there.

But where does one draw the line between these coupons/goodies for views from a nobody > paid influencer > flow?

Would you calculate it by views? Likes? Purchases from your redirect?

I think it would be easier from a business standpoint to keep their current formula, what you're asking for seems more like a social media ambassador package. You don't have to be good, you don't have to demonstrate the full potential of their product, you just have to be likeable and marketable to achieve what you're asking for, which is why I don't think many skate companies would bite. If I had a skate brand, I'd want some rippers who are also marketable and personable. I'm sure if the companies could view every single video and photo people are tagging them in, they would have something nice to say/do but I think that may not realistically be possible due to the sheer number of people on social media platforms? My take obviously, not some sort of law - I could sound totally fried to some people.

Jagr

• Rep: 116

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 10:22:53 AM »
oh i actually just thought of a way to incentiveize it a little more. make it so the coupon has to be redeemed at a local skate shop
they could even call the program "kick backs" for shoes, or is that too corny

i think the main way to make sure that people are actually riding the shoes is to get them to fill out journals and take pictures of the shoes after 5 - 10 - 20 - 30 sessions and write a paragraph maybe each time about feelings. also you are required to fill out a survey about the shoes. this is enough investment to weed out a lot of "low commitment" users. so like to get into the progam, you have to #1 buy a pair of the shoes, then 2, complete the entire journal, along with like a goal of getting 1000 views on social media along the way during the life of the shoes. that would net you a 5-15% off your next pair or something? that seems fair to me. then as you gain XP in the program for doing more and more things (like say you were able to get 5000 views on your social media) and maybe now you have bought your 3rd pair, oyu are able ot get a bit more of a discount off the next pair etc.

i foresee a problem in theres a lot of instragram accounts that get tons of views and all they do is repost content, and i dont want anyone like that to gain, so there needs to be some way for people to validate that the user accounts are posting original content which can be hard. i think a super super easy way but greasy way to do it is dont allow ANY other hash tags in the post. its like, ok you wan tto get on the es brand loyaltiy then you can only have that #eskickbacks hashtag, anytihng else and all xp earned is void. i think it is easy to create a search filter that can go user then that hashtag only and then bot tallies the views + likes.

I actually think ES would be a great brand to do this because 1. it is ONLY skateboarding 2. its only bought through shops 3. i feel like they could use some good customer feedback on their shoes to help improve them vs. big 4 that have huge rnd budgets anyway

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 10:26:23 AM »

i think the main way to make sure that people are actually riding the shoes is to get them to fill out journals and take pictures of the shoes after 5 - 10 - 20 - 30 sessions and write a paragraph maybe each time about feelings.

Airwalk did this with their "Gym" shoe in 95? 96?  Free shoes for a journal entry.  Pretty sick even though I was pretty much over Airwalk at that point I couldn't pass up free.    I don't think Airwalk ever did anything with those journals.   That I know of.   

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 10:27:49 AM »
Brands don't need to associate themselves with people who can't even get the basics of skateboarding straight. You pay full price.

somefucker

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2021, 10:30:18 AM »
Brands don't need to associate themselves with people who can't even get the basics of skateboarding straight. You pay full price.

Damn I was at least trying to entertain his half-thought out idea.

This. /Thread

BugleBites

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2021, 10:45:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. /Thread

Imagine being so eager to write journals and make youtube videos for a measly 5-15% off some shoes when most brands will offer you 20-50% off your next purchase simply for signing up for their email blast/newsletter? Haha.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 10:56:51 AM by BugleBites »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2021, 10:55:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This. /Thread
[close]

Imagine being so eager to write journals and make youtube videos for a measly 5-15% off some shoes when most brands will offer you 20-50% off your next purchase simply for signing up for their email blast/newsletter? Haha.

that is imaginery and made up , lol. no shoe brand is offering that. ZUMIEZ isnt even offering that. you have the chance to earn % off by signing up for the newsletter on certain things only. that is the closest thing i was able to find, so nice try but thats a huge reach.

you are also entirely missing the point of the rewards system. 10-15% is for low effort. you would earn more if what you are giving back provides more value to the company.

you can clown me for the fakie blindside thing all you want  8) youre the one calling a trick "frontside" when your bum is facing the camera mid way thorugh the trick  ;D ;D ;D

somefucker

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 11:13:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that is imaginery and made up , lol. no shoe brand is offering that. ZUMIEZ isnt even offering that. you have the chance to earn % off by signing up for the newsletter on certain things only. that is the closest thing i was able to find, so nice try but thats a huge reach.

you are also entirely missing the point of the rewards system. 10-15% is for low effort. you would earn more if what you are giving back provides more value to the company.

you can clown me for the fakie blindside thing all you want  8) youre the one calling a trick "frontside" when your bum is facing the camera mid way thorugh the trick  ;D ;D ;D

Your ideas hold as much water as a sheet of mob grip.

BugleBites

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2021, 11:26:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This. /Thread
[close]

[close]

I've seen DC, Lakai and eS offer good discounts through their site for signing up in the past. Definitely happens. Sorry if you never saw any offers.

I like how your determination of frontside vs backside now involves a camera angle, from a predetermined position at that.  ;D     

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2021, 11:28:20 AM »
I don't get any breaks on skate gear unfornately, but I have built a good relationship with one of my favorite eating establishments.  So much so that we worked out a deal where all I have to do is buy eleven sub sandwiches at regular price and I'll get the twelfth for free.. They even gave me a card to help me keep track.  Before anybody asks NO I can't hook  you up too, I've worked hard for this shit!

Get hungry on it!

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2021, 11:42:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This. /Thread
[close]

[close]

Actually depends on which where the camera is pointing from.

No skate company is going to bother reading through thousands of shitty reviews saying the same things and then go through the effort of parsing them out and offering discounts lol.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2021, 11:43:30 AM »
In short get ur own 88footwears
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2021, 11:48:34 AM »
I mean this is exactly what happens to influencers already

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2021, 11:51:32 AM »
Thousands of skaters are promoting these products for free now, in hopes of getting sponsored for doing a kickflip at a skatepark. Companies have zero incentive to change that.

Loyalty programs are a thing in many industries where the companies would love more social media mentions.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2021, 12:06:28 PM »

I actually think ES would be a great brand to do this because 1. it is ONLY skateboarding 2. its only bought through shops 3. i feel like they could use some good customer feedback on their shoes to help improve them vs. big 4 that have huge rnd budgets anyway

None of this about eS is correct.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2021, 12:34:44 PM »
The lowest effort to highest reward ratio is just Googling coupon/ promo codes before placing an order. Or wait a few weeks until they have a sale for whatever holiday/ season is coming up. Sales be happening everyday. Writing or filming an entire promo thing just to get a 10-15% off code isn't worth the time.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2021, 12:54:29 PM »

lol
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=es%20footwear

I know core shoe companies fly the "we only support skate shops" flag as a way to market themselves as core but dollars to donuts if big sports stores wanted their shoes, they would sell them there in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, I swear I saw sole tech shoes at big 5 sporting goods growing up.

EDIT: I realize its not walmart but third party sellers on the site but sellers like "Ruze Shoes" and "Central Fashion USA" don't scream skating.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -137
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2021, 01:04:34 PM »
They don’t owe you shit. Get over it.
big texas cummer

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2021, 01:59:06 PM »
They don’t owe you shit. Get over it.

we are in a capitalistic world, not a charity  :-[

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2021, 02:58:49 PM »
Expand Quote

i think the main way to make sure that people are actually riding the shoes is to get them to fill out journals and take pictures of the shoes after 5 - 10 - 20 - 30 sessions and write a paragraph maybe each time about feelings.
[close]

Airwalk did this with their "Gym" shoe in 95? 96?  Free shoes for a journal entry.  Pretty sick even though I was pretty much over Airwalk at that point I couldn't pass up free.    I don't think Airwalk ever did anything with those journals.   That I know of.

Wait, what?  They had kids send in their journal entries for free shoes?

That’s one of the creepiest things I’ve ever heard.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.